Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.5.1

• Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kromus wrote: »
    Yes stealth attacks are totally op, I'm so happy with this change -_-
    *Sarcasm overdose*

Not sure what's the problem here. You got swarmed by FOUR different players at the same time and they swarmed you with ultimate abilities. They could easily do it with any other normal abilities and you would most certainly be dead in second when four player focus on you.

Point is those are visible, you can counter it or evade it, which can't be said for sneak attacks dealing 3k damage in one and half second and going back to sneak. Combine that with fact that dropping down from horse takes more time than you need to burst people dead and we get a cliche of free kills without any sweat for you.

Btw, recommendation for ZOS... consider making players immune to damage while they are falling from horse. When game calculates that amount of damage needed to bring you down from horse is filled and starts to dismount you it should also make you immune to outside damage until falling animation ends and you stand up, ready to respond.

Four players in stealth, how are you going to counter/evade that? Oh right, you can use one of the DK/NB specs for tanking people and be good at it. A stamina build cannot do that.

How to counter a single sniper then?
    Easy, you get more health, you use the right mouse button for blocking, or you dodge roll.

They already made it so that you have more time to react after the initial hit (having Heavy Attack & Venom Arrow land at the same time is no longer possible with the shorter cast/animation of Snipe).

Falling down from horse? Also easily countered. Get more stamina for your horse (yeah, it's the other thing you can feed to your horse) and stop spamming the spring key.

If your horse has enough stamina, not only will you not get knocked down, but you will avoid the sneak attack stun as well.

People will always complain about things that kill them, rather than looking at themselves & thinking how they could improve their play.

Oh and by the way, Ambush->Surprise Attack->Soul Tether/Harvest will still one shot you. Only thing nerfed were the stamina builds that actually relied on heavy burst damage.
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
    Options
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, stealth damage reduction across the board? Yep this affect everyone equally. I'm looking foutward to the next patch where burst healing, fire damage, and ranged spells get nerfed. These will also affect everyone, equally.

I was wondering, can we get cloak changed to a skill where my toon throws glitter in the air and doesn't even try to go invisible.

I'm sorry to all my DK friends, it's really unfair for you guys to get face rolled, even if you aren't paying attention. I know I've killed guys in one hit, totally wasn't fair... Even though he was marked and I was using camo hunter and he was a vamp with 2.5k hp, totally unfair.

I was wondering, can I get concealed weapons changed? Have me give my enemy a wedgie or maybe a wet willie? I just figured this would be more fair. I'm sick of this game rewarding my meticulous hunting or my attention to my surroundings.

My NB friends, guys, let's just reroll and block cast in light armor, like everyone else.

This...it's true the NB class takes a lot of skill and using lots and lots of abilities for burst damage. Picking targets, preying on players who play poorly by lagging behind their group or scouting too far up ahead.

And because we're using our abilities...the only way to nerf us is to just reduce all of our damage. At no time have I ever felt overpower. I don't even attack heavy armored high hitpoint targets. and it's 50/50 if I take down a 2400 hitpoint PC, if they're good, they pop some type of heal, if they're a bad player, with a bad build, and use poor tactics, yup, I kill them.

But we need to protect those players too right? What a liberal mentality.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
    Options
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kromus
    I have no problem with anything really, except maybe with my mental health :3
    About the picture, I was healing with temps ulti at wall breach when that zerg run over us...that just happens I understand perfectly.

And I almost understand why zos likes to nerf...balance things that aren't too popular and huge "problem" (like stealth attack) because that way they don't get that much hate. OMG if they touch vampires, shields or impulse, the rage...the RAGE, even if it would be justified nerf...balance.

EDIT: Hehe :P
    Edited by CirithValaria on October 21, 2014 1:35PM
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
    Options
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Once again it's time for my comment about shield dyes. Still waiting for shield dyes. I love how you dodged that guys comment about shield dyes Gina and started talking about guards. Still waiting on a patch to give us shield dyes. Once you give us shield dyes you will have most of the population extremely happy. You must realize this tiny fix has a big effect. Can I get some help here fellow posters who want SHIELD DYES!
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »
    So, regarding sneak damage:

Stats with bow: 160 weapon damage 2400 stamina

Snipe from stealth: 1100 damage (crits)
    Snipe not in stealth: 540 damage (no crit) with 810 on crit
    Heavy attack stealth: 950 damage (crits)

Snipe vs heavy: Snipe deals more damage, has a faster base cast time, and can apply debuffs. Heavy costs no stamina.

Now the interesting part: Greatsword (2400 stamina and 210 weapon damage)

Greatsword heavy attack from stealth: 1870 (crit)
    Greatsword heavy attack not in stealth: 610 (no crit) 915 (Crit)

So it would appear that greatsword sneak attack damage has been BUFFED in this patch. I personally like this, but is this intended?

Good. Looks pretty realistic and good for PvP now. Incentive has been added for using melee vs bow.

But question is, is that vs PC or NPC? If its PC then GS heavy attack could stand to be a bit lower than that. And how much for uppercut.

How is you sneaking behind someone with a big heavy sword realistic in any way?

I do agree Dual Wield (and I could probably stomach even 2H) should deal more sneak damage (since it is somewhat riskier) than Bow, but not at the expense of bows becoming downright useless.
    There is no way bow will be able to burst down someone in a zerg if these changes go live, especially since the main bow burst of Snipe->Heavy Attack->Venom Arrow was already made impossible

1100 crit from stealth is almost the same some people hit with Crystal Frags

With soft capped stamina/weapon dmg (gimping your survivability in the process), this would allow you to get one 1,5k crit on someone, before that someone breaks from the stun & starts spamming dmg shield or the zerg heals him up & runs you over.

All this leads to is more zergball gameplay. Everyone loves zergballing, right?

People hitting that much with crystal frag are taking advantage of a known bug with the combination of light armor spell pen with sharpened trait to ignore all slell resist and hit for spells listed value plus bonuses.

And the fact is thay sneak attacks with bow were too strong at base and able to be rediclously strong against certain targets. Werewolves especially would simply be 1-shot by lethal arrow with camoflaged hunter. My regular 1.3k would be increased by 50% and have over 600 added tp it. Not fair. I have my vr14 hundings rage bow set too. I know how unfair it is.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on October 21, 2014 2:11PM
    Options
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf priest claws lol.....such immersion.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

Options
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Snipe vs heavy: Snipe deals more damage, has a faster base cast time, and can apply debuffs. Heavy costs no stamina.

So it would appear that greatsword sneak attack damage has been BUFFED in this patch. I personally like this, but is this intended?

Good. Looks pretty realistic and good for PvP now. Incentive has been added for using melee vs bow.

But question is, is that vs PC or NPC? If its PC then GS heavy attack could stand to be a bit lower than that. And how much for uppercut.

I do agree Dual Wield (and I could probably stomach even 2H) should deal more sneak damage (since it is somewhat riskier) than Bow, but not at the expense of bows becoming downright useless.
    There is no way bow will be able to burst down someone in a zerg if these changes go live, especially since the main bow burst of Snipe->Heavy Attack->Venom Arrow was already made impossible

With soft capped stamina/weapon dmg (gimping your survivability in the process), this would allow you to get one 1,5k crit on someone, before that someone breaks from the stun & starts spamming dmg shield or the zerg heals him up & runs you over.

People hitting that much with crystal frag are taking advantage of a known bug with the combination of light armor spell pen with sharpened trait to ignore all slell resist and hit for spells listed value plus bonuses.

And the fact is thay sneak attacks with bow were too strong at base and able to be rediclously strong against certain targets. Werewolves especially would simply be 1-shot by lethal arrow with camoflaged hunter. My regular 1.3k would be increased by 50% and have over 600 added tp it. Not fair. I have my vr14 hundings rage bow set too. I know how unfair it is.

Werewolves would be one shot by Lethal Arrow only if they wore no Poison Resistance rings & had less than 3k health.

Also, according to some people, werewolves currently don't actually get the vulnerability unless they're in werewolf form.

I get that you want to be strong against everything and have no weaknesses, but that's not how you make a good (MMO)RPG.

Stamina builds have a very big weakness against most magicka builds, they don't have dmg shields or heals (nor should they), yet good players can still beat magicka builds even without the stealth burst. Just like good players with magicka builds can beat stamina ones when they get hit by sneak attacks.

To give an example, there's the player D, a stamina NB who was attacked by two bow gankers while mounted. He reacted quickly, and hit the cloak button before more than one Snipe landed. He proceeded to beat both of the gankers.

Bad players will always complain about good ones, and instead of finding fault in themselves, they find excuses.
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
    Options
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭

Werewolves would be one shot by Lethal Arrow only if they wore no Poison Resistance rings & had less than 3k health.

Also, according to some people, werewolves currently don't actually get the vulnerability unless they're in werewolf form.

[snip...]

I'm not sure about the vulnerability unless in werewolf form, I can say for sure that it's the case for fighter's guild vulnerability, not so much for poison damage. It seems like I take increased damage but have never took the time to test it, so don't take my word as fact :) just experience.

However, the reason I made this post is I just wanted to point out, I've been instakilled from stealth by more melee/magicka nightblades than I have bow stealthers. Even with my werewolf possible poison vulnerability and non-heavy armor, I've never considered other snipers to be a problem.

As soon as they reveal themselves they're pretty much boned, just wait to hear the whistle and have some decent reaction time. Works like a charm for me. It also helps to pack stealth detection potions or magelight. The only time I die to a bowman is when I wasn't paying enough attention. I really don't see a problem.
    Edited by Thejollygreenone on October 21, 2014 4:32PM
    Options
  • jgc471980
    jgc471980
    ✭✭
    Common ZOS are you insane

Why the Hell would you reduce this ?

** Reduced the duration of the werewolf Ultimate. **

we have asked over and over for months to get the duration increased????
    Edited by jgc471980 on October 21, 2014 4:34PM
    Options
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »
    [...]

Lolwut..? Pretty sure animation cancelling doesn't work like that, and no one's getting 2k+ dps without 6 targets and some killer aoe. And you don't really need animation cancelling for that.

By the way, I'm pretty sure insulting a worker was never a way to get them to work for you. Just saying. Insulting the devs at ZoS is no different.

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on October 28, 2014 8:45PM
    Options
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »
    [...]

Lolwut..? Pretty sure animation cancelling doesn't work like that, and no one's getting 2k+ dps without 6 targets and some killer aoe. And you don't really need animation cancelling for that.

By the way, I'm pretty sure insulting a worker was never a way to get them to work for you. Just saying. Insulting the devs at ZoS is no different.

it was single target ability.
    Its there since start, but now more and more ppl using it. its a bit annoying now.

its not insulting em, its fact. LoL. they are bad and ... meh... just leave it...

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on October 28, 2014 8:46PM
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get that you want to be strong against everything and have no weaknesses, but that's not how you make a good (MMO)RPG.

Stamina builds have a very big weakness against most magicka builds, they don't have dmg shields or heals (nor should they), yet good players can still beat magicka builds even without the stealth burst. Just like good players with magicka builds can beat stamina ones when they get hit by sneak attacks.

To give an example, there's the player D, a stamina NB who was attacked by two bow gankers while mounted. He reacted quickly, and hit the cloak button before more than one Snipe landed. He proceeded to beat both of the gankers.

Bad players will always complain about good ones, and instead of finding fault in themselves, they find excuses.

Youre just reading invisible words at this point.

Look. Bow was op, thats why theres hordes of them around cyrodil now. If they were garbage not nearly as mamy people would touch them. It got as bad as impulsers, possibly worse. They were sorces of the cheapest kills possible in cyrodil and gave no incentive to use melee weapons. My bow play will be nerfed too, and no river of tears flow from me. Just find a new source of cheap kills. People always do.

All thats needed now is for them to readjust the greatsword sneak damage if that heavy attack on an armored player target was indeed that high and adjust dual wield to be slightly higher than that, so its bow/1h+sh > gs > dw in sneak strength.

With this im tuning off of this topic because pretty sure it will be impossible to reason with those who thot 2k+ 50m range hits were at all fair and balanced. There will be some excuse to attempt to make it seem feesable and that it only hurts nightblades but all that will be false.

Now, bring on the lols. Im close to my next badge.
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look. Bow was op, thats why theres hordes of them around cyrodil now. If they were garbage not nearly as mamy people would touch them. It got as bad as impulsers, possibly worse. They were sorces of the cheapest kills possible in cyrodil and gave no incentive to use melee weapons. My bow play will be nerfed too, and no river of tears flow from me. Just find a new source of cheap kills. People always do.

All thats needed now is for them to readjust the greatsword sneak damage if that heavy attack on an armored player target was indeed that high and adjust dual wield to be slightly higher than that, so its bow/1h+sh > gs > dw in sneak strength.

With this im tuning off of this topic because pretty sure it will be impossible to reason with those who thot 2k+ 50m range hits were at all fair and balanced. There will be some excuse to attempt to make it seem feesable and that it only hurts nightblades but all that will be false.

They really do not need to lessen 2h attack damage from sneaking. What they need to do improve 2H ability in combat in general. They just gave use a new passive that is suppose work when a heavy attack is hit but they seem to forget that people block easily which completely makes this passive worthless. I want to feel like i am swing a giant sword not box cutter that cannot split through a block.
    Options
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭

turn into lightarmor staff/1h+sh idiot? no thx.
    Why not take care of bow then?
    Edited by Kypho on October 21, 2014 5:30PM
    Options
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If something hits you for 2-3k, how about getting more than 3k health?
    (By the way, there are more things that hit you for 2-3k, such as Meteor & Silver Shards if you are a vampire, or Ambush->Soul Harvest/Flawless Dawnbreaker)

I know you are aware most generally everyone who pvp's is using impen and 49 health points, are you really saying just get more health? how is that an argument when people are min maxing for health stat, people can see through this kind of thing. comparing an ult to a skill combo, what is that? compare it to other skill combos if you need to compare it. (the comment was in the context of nb burst damage in case anyone didnt already read the preamble)

Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if the stealth attack nerf goes live shouldn't there be similar nerfs to game elements that other classes use to win?

well they nerfed the most abused shield magica harness, now all of your stam + light/heavy attacks will completely ignore it. that is huge.
    Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does this mean every single skill in 1H, 2H, Bow, and DW will be reverted? So if I'm maxxed in Bow and DW I'll have to completely respec those lines?

Not necessarily complaining, but I don't really understand the reason for this. I know some stuff is changed, but reverting the entire line? Seems like overkill.

[/quote]

when they change skills to a very large degree they always give you all the attribute points back so you dont have to pay for respec if you no longer want the skills. its just a skillpoint refund, if someone decided they never want to use said weapon again and had to pay for respec because of changes youd get people on here whining, this way is win win, put them same place or elsewhere.
    Options
  • tomiffseb17_ESO
    You know, one more thing. Why do we have an entire skill tree for stealth if we cant benefit from it anymore.. Many of the NB passives and even actives aim to play stealthy so we should not suffer from the dmg reduction. Or if we do, replace the entiring class skill to something useful... This is why NB feel so underpowered overall if we do not play as this.
    And yes i do know there are plenty NBs out there who are not weak in any way, but they are not the majority..
    Options
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know, one more thing. Why do we have an entire skill tree for stealth if we cant benefit from it anymore.. Many of the NB passives and even actives aim to play stealthy so we should not suffer from the dmg reduction. Or if we do, replace the entiring class skill to something useful... This is why NB feel so underpowered overall if we do not play as this.
    And yes i do know there are plenty NBs out there who are not weak in any way, but they are not the majority..

You mean lightarmor staff/1h+sh crap? Like others using? Well yeah. They arent NB. Nor the DK arent DK with those cookie cutter craps. But its not the fault of the players. Its ZoS who is failed and seems will fail at balance those out.
    Options
  • Fafnisbane
    Fafnisbane
    ✭✭
    Fafnisbane wrote: »
    Regarding the flaming oil nerf:

snip.

they are removing aoe caps.

Eventually. It won't be this patch, and implementing the nerf to oil before removing the AOE caps, even if they eventually remove the AOE caps (atm I believe they're discussing scaling damage, not actually removing them), is a huge mistake.
    You are exploiting oil. You should not be able to block+heal+cast+use oil in a corner, taking NO DMG from your oil pot!!!

Blocking and casting at the same time is stupid, I agree. But one bad game mechanic doesn't justify creating another, it means you should get rid of the bad mechanic.

Also, no AOEs of any kind do friendly damage, so I'm not sure why oil pots should.
    Options
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    To hell with oil pots. The fix was well overdue.
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
    Options
  • thorspark
    thorspark
    ✭✭✭
    The nerf to pots was really needed, they were overused and not as intended.
    DK Vet 12 / NB Vampire Vet 7 / Sorcerer Vet 5 / Templar WW - Guilde Les pochtrons
    Options
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only problem I had with oil pots was the guys who sneak into a tower on the ground floor beside a wall breach and drop the oils from there, where for some reason you can't target them with anything other than siege.

That seems to be more a problem with Line of Sight, though, than with the oil pots themselves.
    Edited by david.haypreub18_ESO on October 21, 2014 8:54PM
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the ESO team does an amazing job with PvE as a whole.

I think the people who are making PvP decisions need to get some perspective though.
    Edited by Ifthir_ESO on October 21, 2014 9:38PM
    Options
  • GoodOrc
    GoodOrc
    ✭✭
    Werewoolf reduction timer is a mistake! Or at least tell us what you want to do, what we WW soposed to do in game with those 30 sekends? In Cirodil I ewen cood not run from tent to enemy! OMG what you doing...
    Edited by GoodOrc on October 21, 2014 9:48PM
    Options
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    I feel like the ESO team does an amazing job with PvE as a whole.

I think the people who are making PvP decisions need to get some perspective though.

Really? Because it seems to me that every change they have been making has been in response to the effect it was having in PvP?

Perspective? From my experience the perspective most often seen in PvP regardless of which MMO uses the following guideline:
    1) If you beat me then you are OP and need to be nerfed.
    2) If I beat you then the game is balanced and you just need to L2P.
    3)People who disagree with my opinion are ignorant whiners, ignore them.
    4) People who agree with my opinion are offering well thought-out, intelligent criticism and are the ones the developers should be listening to.

But then that's just my perspective, feel free to ignore if you disagree.
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ I have a few queries for your team.

1. What are you guys doing about Sanctum Ophidia?

Surely 1.8 million HP and the fact no-one has (if anyone has, please chime in) been able to defeat the boss, that means you'll have a look at this yes? I'm sure you have stats on how many times people have tried this versus how many have failed.

2. The changes that you've made resulting in a damage reduction for stealth attacks is just plain stupid, sorry guys but this was not warranted.

3. As for the change in oils that have been made that directly effect PvP, I think you are going to have to revisit that, defending a keep will now be impossible to zergs that ball up and spam impulse.

PvP was JUST starting to get to a stage where the good attackers were purging and staying out of oils. We all understand the issue of resource farming with oils, but surely you can do better than what you've come up with.

4. Lastly, why not look at the things that need attention like block casting or impulse spamming that have been plaguing Cyrodiil for more than a good while now.

As George W once said, 'It's not rocket surgery'
    Edited by kijima on October 22, 2014 1:19AM
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    Tested on PTS

Lethal Arrow on live in general does about 1400ish damage against most people with my DK

against a friend on PTS, 1100 damage

Just to add some more data to this, Focused Aim on my NB normally does about 1900 damage from stealth on live. On the PTS, it did about 1300.

My initial feeling on this is "No sir, I don't like it." With PvP on the PTS being a graveyard, I can't develop a better, more filled out opinion of the changes so I have to stick by my gut feeling here.
    Edited by Zed on October 22, 2014 4:18AM
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ I have a few queries for your team.

1. What are you guys doing about Sanctum Ophidia?

Surely 1.8 million HP and the fact no-one has (if anyone has, please chime in) been able to defeat the boss, that means you'll have a look at this yes? I'm sure you have stats on how many times people have tried this versus how many have failed.

If you read the patch notes they are adding more souls. You'll have 72 deaths instead of 36. I prefer that approach to neutering it and making it complete easy-mode.
    Edited by timidobserver on October 22, 2014 3:49AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not suggesting making it easy mode, just attainable.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options