The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming Campaign Changes

• Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone please tell me why you should keep your dead home campaign buffs when guesting to competitive campaigns like Thornblade?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adonikam wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me why you should keep your dead home campaign buffs when guesting to competitive campaigns like Thornblade?
    I'm not sure when, but that is being addressed. In future, you will get the buffs from the campaign you are currently in while in PvP, or from your Home campaign in PvE.
    Home Campaign Buffs – Originally, home campaign buffs were intended as a means to attach ownership to your Campaign, however it’s been observed (at great length) that Alliances have chosen various home campaigns and guest into other campaigns to earn as many buffs as possible. In the future, we plan on having home buffs travel with you into PVE, but while in Cyrodiil, you only get buffs from your local campaign (the campaign you’re physically located in at that time).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for population being condensed and the worry of over-crowding, all the population data we've gathered so far shows that should be at least 1 campaign in both the EU and US that players can join without a queue.

LOL... except that we don't want to join 7 or 14 day campaigns. 30 or even better, infinite pls! Preferably without having to queue for 3 hours.
    Options
  • Syzmicke
    Syzmicke
    ✭✭✭
    We need more than one 30 day campaign waiting 2 hours in a queue is not fun.

Sometimes you pray for a server crash and hope you get in :)
    Options
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in the queue for over an hour last night for [EU] Thornblade. When I did finally get in I crashed after about 20mins and ended up back in the queue at 150th! I gave up and went and watched some TV. (Btw, do the NA servers have these problems with queues?)

It's counter-productive to make a large portion of the end-game this hard to get into to. Do those doing trials or vet dungeons have to queue for an hour to play? I have talked to numerous friends who are ready to quit if the queues aren't sorted out soon.

For me, it's really frustrating and depressing as I love playing the game, especially in PvP. To make me queue EVERY SINGLE night for over an hour is making me want to go and play something else.

Are you guys even worried about this?

Be warned, when there are no more queues without you doing something at your end, you will have lost hundreds of subscribers.

The ball is firmly in your court.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
    Options
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »
    I was in the queue for over an hour last night for [EU] Thornblade. When I did finally get in I crashed after about 20mins and ended up back in the queue at 150th! I gave up and went and watched some TV. (Btw, do the NA servers have these problems with queues?)

Yes we do. The last few nights, I got on early enough to only be 50th in line (about a 25 min wait). On other nights, I'm in the 130-160 range in line.
    Options
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »
    Nermy wrote: »

Yes we do. The last few nights, I got on early enough to only be 50th in line (about a 25 min wait). On other nights, I'm in the 130-160 range in line.

Hmmm... Weren't they (ZoS) aware that this would happen? Didn't they get enough warning from the forums? Can't they do the maths? *sigh*

I wish I could start my game from work so I might be in Cyrodiil by the time I get home... :D
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    As an update to this gang, we're currently working on getting a new 30 day campaign (anyone can join) added but have no ETA just yet.
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on August 15, 2014 5:08PM
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an update to this gang, we're currently working on getting a new 30 day campaign (anyone can join) added but have no ETA just yet.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler - That is great news! Didn't take you too long letting us know... :p

Where you in a queue?
    Edited by Nermy on August 15, 2014 5:34PM
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    @nermy no
    Wheeler
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Hopefully this happens at the same time as when campaign buffs are set not to follow to guest campaigns. I think things are moving in the right direction.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
    Options
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    changing your home Campaign cost 100,000 AP, toooo much, pain limit 50k
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i hope this involves removing the Vet Only Campaign and the 7 Day Campaign to go along with it.

Options
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i hope this involves removing the Vet Only Campaign and the 7 Day Campaign to go along with it.

don't aften agree with you, but fully agree with you on this one

2-30day campaigns and 1 non vet as you stated earlier is all we need until we see pops growing

no travelling to player and no guesting - you want to hop campaigns- earn it and pay for it

D.
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
    Options
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    My play time went down dramatically after the changes. PVP used to be all I did, but haven't wanted to set a home and pay for a change later, so haven't even been in PVP. Changes to sets and spending time farming part of the absence also. Heart just not in it enough to commit to a busy home campaign and wait in a long queue on the only 30 day campaign. Reactionary changes with no ETA when it was obvious way before 1.3 that the longer campaign would be popular. You would think that thinking ahead and anticipating problems would be less expensive and better for goodwill than reacting after the fact and putting out fires.
    Options
  • ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭
    I was so happy that there was a nonvet campaign I could have fun with ...fighting against players who still haven't the full potential developed meant I could even win some pvp fights. Little I knew that veteran5 without honour as well as lvl 48 players would come in number (tho sometimes alone or with a buddy of similar lvl) to farm us at our home gates every single day, while preventing or crushing any action on the board. I am lvl 23 dn and I've even developed purge in order to help my usually very small group trying to get resouces/keeps, then those clowns arrive and it's already a feat to get both flags fighting hordes of vet npcs (they should have been nerfed a little for this campaign imho) but when those players arrive they taunt us back at gates. Covenants are in our same situation in this campaign. Either Zen do something or some EP or DC come for a vet to vet match in the non vet campaign. Seems absurd to type that, what's the point of a nonvet campaign then? My boyfriend introduced me to this game. I started with an AD crafter / templar ...I love the Kajiit stealth and health and crits. After witnessing the behaviour of some AD players, I'm never going to regret switching to the EP. Not sure how they can be happy about their progress. Shameless bananas. Go home.
    Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!

Options
  • ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭
    ilander wrote: »
    I was so happy that there was a nonvet campaign I could have fun with ...fighting against players who still haven't the full potential developed meant I could even win some pvp fights. Little I knew that veteran5 without honour as well as lvl 48 players would come in number (tho sometimes alone or with a buddy of similar lvl) to farm us at our home gates every single day, while preventing or crushing any action on the board. I am lvl 23 dn and I've even developed purge in order to help my usually very small group trying to get resouces/keeps, then those clowns arrive and it's already a feat to get both flags fighting hordes of vet npcs (they should have been nerfed a little for this campaign imho) but when those players arrive they taunt us back at gates. Covenants are in our same situation in this campaign. Either Zen do something or some EP or DC come for a vet to vet match in the non vet campaign. Seems absurd to type that, what's the point of a nonvet campaign then? My boyfriend introduced me to this game. I started with an AD crafter / templar ...I love the Kajiit stealth and health and crits. After witnessing the behaviour of some AD players, I'm never going to regret switching to the EP. Not sure how they can be happy about their progress. Shameless bananas. Go home.

I forgot to mention, amongst other things, that I am referring to the European Non Vet Campaign. You know, EU Megaserver.

Options
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ilander wrote: »
    I forgot to mention, amongst other things, that I am referring to the European Non Vet Campaign. You know, EU Megaserver.
    That's mostly due to vampire emperor ultimate mechanic, which is way over the top in the non-vet campaign. Before they crowned emperor, it was quite fun. And still is at times, but it's rare now. People are actually learning not to stand in bat swarm, that's a good thing, but the current empress keeps exploting double volatile familiar explosion, which is not so cool. And don't get me started on bolt escaping bat swarm, that's just broken.
    Edited by Merlight on August 17, 2014 12:12PM
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
    Options
  • ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭
    Ah that Empress... I wont't forget her name. She's been quite nasty with us. Mine is a fire girl DK of the Ebonheart Pact, I will be a vet one day and come looking for her.

But I digress.. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe this campaign should have a limited access from level 10 to level 40 or 45. After that, there's plenty of other campaigns for a strong player to find matched competition and there they'll find groups of peers to fight, but if they only seek to farm big time, let's make it a bit harder for them do exploit that.

Options
  • ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭
    After reading up around a wee bit, I found a whole thread or two on Blackwater. I've just read a post where it mentions it being capped at V1. Once you get to thst level you are kicked out. I must have mistaken a V5 npc for an actual enemy player at some point. Apologies for the mistake. I also see that most of the issues I've raised are being discussed there as well. I'll keep reading :blush:

Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    This is now on PTS and will get to the mainline servers in the US and EU in the package 4 update:

A new 30 day Standard Campaign “Azura’s Star” is being added for the EU and US.
    The Veteran Campaign “Bow of Shadows” will be shut down due to inactivity in both the EU and US.

Also note players that have earned Tier 1, 2 or 3 reward status will get their rewards similar to when Update 3 launched and the Campaigns all changed to 5.
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on August 20, 2014 3:42PM
    Wheeler
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it really take 6 weeks to activate a new 30 day campaign? Oh boy.
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shut down Haderus too. It too is inactive at least on NA server. Make it a back to 14 day campaign again.
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, there needs to be some way to more forcefully spread players across the servers. They can be all 30 day ones, but there will always be the few that are empty most of the time and all one color. I thot chillrend was the 2nd go-to place for some action, but that place is all red like bow of shadows use to be. Now its currently Bow = Blue, Had = Yellow, Chill = red.

Easiest way to do it is to reduce the number of cyrodil servers again. Looking at things right now, there should probably just be 3 servers of the same duration. One for everyone, one for vet only, one for non-vet.
    Options
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest way to do it is to reduce the number of cyrodil servers again. Looking at things right now, there should probably just be 3 servers of the same duration. One for everyone, one for vet only, one for non-vet.
    Looking at EU servers right now: Thornblade 3 factions locked. Chillrend DC locked, other 2 at two bars. Haderus 3 factions locked. Special campaigns all at 1 bar. Attempts to balance populations by adding/removing campaigns on both sides of the Atlantic simultaneously are deemed to fail... again.
    Edited by Merlight on August 20, 2014 7:51PM
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Also note that the Non-Veteran Campaign will be moved from "Special Events" to "Normal".
    Wheeler
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also note that the Non-Veteran Campaign will be moved from "Special Events" to "Normal".

That UI could use some re-thinking. This dividing into categories, with 2-3 subcategories, each of which contains 1-2 campaigns, is silly. If you want to check which campaign has reasonable popupation, you have to click and click and click because you can only see 1 at a time. So much wasted space in that window. It should show all campaigns at once, with horizontally divided sections for Normal and Special events, and with access restrictions and campaign durations as columns in the list.
    Edited by Merlight on August 21, 2014 3:07PM
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All because people couldn't take notice of the tabs right :neutral_face:
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    Looking at EU servers right now: Thornblade 3 factions locked. Chillrend DC locked, other 2 at two bars. Haderus 3 factions locked. Special campaigns all at 1 bar. Attempts to balance populations by adding/removing campaigns on both sides of the Atlantic simultaneously are deemed to fail... again.

Then they shouldnt do that. Haderus on NA needs to burn along with bow of shadows.
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you turn off xp then people will just stay in the easy mode 'training" campaign, The main goal is to progress your character and compete with others. not stay in the training campaign and prey on begginers. Some people will stay until they get to be emperor and then have the perminate passives. How is that fair to those who those who have been fighting in the real campaigns at vet 12, why should some lower level and lower allliance rank player get that over them, they never got that oppertunity.

And the worse part is people will turn their exp off at level 49 with max skills, then get a full suit of legendary gear. How is a level 10 or 20 suppose to compete then? Its basically the same problem now and would destroy the who purpose of a Pre vet campaign where you get to be on equal grounds with others and learn to PVP in a training like campaign.

Turning off XP should be something the player does, not the game.

And I agree that the last thing many players want is a fair fight. Plus there is no way to enforce such a thing. This is why I like the idea of separate Cyrodiil characters built under different rule sets.

Right now we have EVERY character built under a rule set meant to battle ludicrously powerful fantasy monsters, not players.

That's why I suggested, as an opening bid, 20 attribute points, 30 skill points and THAT'S IT. Yeah, the Skinner Box addicts won't like it but they're not going to stick around anyway. They bail the moment you stop giving them more toys.

What many of your are interpreting as training mode or low level is not anything of the sort. It's skill and teamwork based PvP, not religion based PvP built on a mandatory period of prerequisite devotion and suffering.

The combat system is already skill based at its core.

Yes, you have to be able to add to your character (well...I concede that this has *become* a requirement). But if lumber mills were, y'know, lumber mills and you had mines that produced metal, and other actual resource and/or production facilities, characters could create better gear through group achievement....say, holding onto such things for an extended period of time.

Thus you tie player advancement to group achievement and have campaigns with objectives that make sense.

Let's come back to Earth and put on our reality check thinking cap. There will never be Cyrodiil only skill sets or characters developed under different and varying campaign rules. At best you'll get varying achievements and or perks for various campaigns and maybe if population numbers warrant it, campaigns for something like levels 10-20, 30-40, 40-49...maybe.

Your suggestion would utterly destroy the inclusive type of community ZOS is trying to build. People want to use their characters with the xp and skills they've earned, not some generic 20/30 system for all. Good grief that sounds tedious and uninspired.

The game is not perfectly balanced (far from it) and will likely never be perfectly balanced and there will not be equality amongst the masses and that is OK. The lowbies will have fun in Pre-Vet Cyrodiil if they want and some will even be King of the Hill at level 49 and lord it over the rest. At least they can play without dealing with the end game V12 Titans if they don't want to and that's a plus. We don't need your steril, boring, padded room kind of PvP world. If we wanted that we'd be playing a FPS...just sayin.

If they get Emperor at low level and earn some passives who cares. Emperor means jack squat now and low levels in regular campaigns have earned/Emp Farmed it anyway so we were never dealing with "Fair." The game mechanics are what they are and a system has subsequently been developed and as flawed as it is it is WAY better than the type of system you suggest IMO.

For some Cyrodiil is a BLAST at low level due to the challenge and danger of it. Sorry if I sound harsh but IMO this is just a way way wrong way to go.
    Edited by Vizier on August 22, 2014 10:03AM
    Options