The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO on Consoles – Update"

• donben2ub17_ESO
    I really don't know what to think about this. I am a big fan of Elder Scrolls, I have been playing since Morrowind. I have the Emperial Edition preordered at Game Stop (hard copy) for the X Box One so I can get the lore book. Now was thinking about the PC and transferring but the more I think about it the more I think it is not fair for consolers. Beta testers were not allowed to keep their characters when it went live on the fourth of April. Why a fresh start with their game and not the consoles. Now there will be crafters selling high level gear, how with the new crafters compete. also where it come to money, new crafters will be at a disadvantage there too. I have a few friends that I plan to play with on the X Box... It just would not be fair to start before we can all join together. I hope Zenimax will think about this and maybe change their mind. It just does not sound right. On a different topic does anyone know if the beta testers for PC will get to get their monkey when they start up on console? I think ESO is a great game, when in beta I had a great time. I just want to play on my console and get the same fresh experience the PCer's got. Happy Hunting and thank you for all your hard work Zenimax.
    Edited by donben2ub17_ESO on May 9, 2014 8:47PM
  • H3Li0S
    H3Li0S
    ✭✭✭
    I had planned on pre ordering the digital imperial edition for the ps4 so I could obtain the pre order bonus of playing any race in any faction. Will we be given the opportunity to upgrade for this feature if we purchase for pc now?

I sent a ticket about that this morning here is the answer they gave me.
    Greetings Adventurer!'

Those are details that we do not have at the moment. As the release was just yesterday we are still getting information. To make sure you have the Explorer's pack for PS4, i would recommend getting a pre-order for it so that you have it. Current understanding is that the price will be changed to $20 USD, if you have purchased the Mac/PC version before June. However, full details have yet to be disclosed. Please be patient and keep watch our website and social channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Google+). These are going to be the best places to get information. We will update you as information becomes available.

Farewell,
    Elder Scrolls Online Team
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit: wrong thread
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on May 9, 2014 9:49PM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • NIXON556
    NIXON556
    If I own the Imperial Edition on PC will I be able to upgrade to the Imperial Edition on PS4 digital download as well?
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    MartinXKid wrote: »
    Just read this on a ps4 site and it pretty much sums up how I feel about this transfer idea.

"The people running this game are complete idiots.

They have messed this game up at every stage and now with a delay to the console version, they announce that PC users get to transfer their chars and wealth to brand new Console servers.

So console users will start with a broken economy flooded with already exploited chars and mats. Not to mention a group of high level chars already in the game.

Terrible. Stupid. "

They will probably let characters be transfered some time after the initial launch. This usually happens in other MMOs when they open up a new server and wait for players to have time to level their characters to let players transfer theirs to this new server. If that happens, problem solved right?

If that's what they do, yes. I don't see them thinking that far ahead. These guys have made just about every mistake possible. Most mismanaged Game Ever.

If this is the case, they need to be clear about it. Real console only players won't go for a game where they have to start behind the curve.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Ryvucz
    Ryvucz
    Soul Shriven
    Now that we know we cannot play with our console counter parts, how about allowing PC/Mac users larger ability bars since we are not limited by buttons on controls?
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    Will this offer include those PC/Mac gamers who have been playing prior to this offer or does it only apply to those who buy ESO and start playing _after_ this offer was made? I might be _very_ interested in buying one of the consoles (don't know which yet) if I could actually continue my current PC PC on the new console for $20 + another free month?
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wow , that is a very solid offer indeed. I will probably not be playing TESO on console, but still, for anyone who is planning/were planning to do so this is a good way to give them a little extra for their patience.
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had planned on pre ordering the digital imperial edition for the ps4 so I could obtain the pre order bonus of playing any race in any faction. Will we be given the opportunity to upgrade for this feature if we purchase for pc now?
    i asked suppoort and they emailed me back just buy impriel edition for pc and it will transfer over with your character when you switch to console

• Naguur86
    Naguur86
    ✭✭✭
    I love this offer. I was about to get to console anyway but I couldn't wait :blush:
    So now I can transfer to console and that's great. I won't create a big imbalance because I am now lvl 20 with my main since EA and I really really doubt I will be anywhere near a VR when it comes out on consoles.

The imbalance and "no fresh server" issue will weaken over time. People who really want to rush can be VR10 in a very short time anyway. The only problem I see is a huge load of crafting mats coming from exploits, we'll see. I can live with all that, I have no need to compete with any crafter or sth.
    Edited by Naguur86 on May 10, 2014 11:21AM
  • reddfayce
    reddfayce
    Soul Shriven
    can you say BETA???? lol i will be happy to test the beta on ps4
  • Akuydab14_ESO
    Akuydab14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    Should have pushed back the PC release six months....... OH You did you're just charging us to beta test it for you

If you feel as If the state of the game is so bad as to warrant waiting SIX MONTHS to play it, then I don't have any idea what to say... that was one of the most spoiled comment I've heard. Apparently you've never play an MMO at launch before...
  • TheJoyOfDeath
    So IMO it's like this then...

Zenimax recognise that console gamers will expect a much less buggy game than us PC gamers so they release the game early to us... make us test a beta for six months and then give the peasants a polished product. Meanwhile apologising to the console gamers at every turn and ignoring the fact that the PC gamers are the ones who are really aggrieved and wading knee deep. In the meantime the game bleeds subs because in truth nobody should have to play an unfinished product.

Just before release, knowing the console gamers can't really comprehend the benefits of the sub model, they go F2P. All focus on PC development goes down the pan and the game will suffer because the console crowd can't appreciate that single player mechanics don't really fit into an MMO.

Now I love this game to pieces but I have zero faith in the PC version being treated with respect in comparison to the console versions. I believe in two years this game will suffer the fate of games like APB and SWG, but I would absolutely love to see Zenimax prove me wrong. I might seem a bit pessimistic but sadly I've seen this sorta scenario transpire too many times already.
  • wowecapsub17_ESO
    Think this deal is just wonderful seeing that I own a ps4 and wanted to get the game for it. Just wished the pc I currently own, which is ten plus years old, could run the game or, that I had the money to get a new pc. But that's not your problem. Keep up the good work.
  • hardekaftb16_ESO
    I really love this offer. Thanks to this I'm already playing now on PC.
    I was waiting for the console version for 2 reasons: I have a crappy PC and I really loved PS3 Skyrim.

Seems however the game is running just fine on my PC (Beta was running really crappy ) and I get to transfer my chars over to PS4. #HappyMe
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baylen wrote: »
    By offering a transfer option from PC to console, you end up stealing the “fresh server experience" from genuine console players.
    This!

Every other MMO which has opened virgin servers and allowed transfers to it has ruined the 'new world' experience of the new players and created an instantly broken economy .. not to say the existing economy isn't broken due to the exploits that ZOS haven't remotely undone by their limited confiscation actions .. by allowing mega-rich players to dominate from day 1.

I'm against the segregation on principle, SE made it work well with FFXIV but that game is far more social (it's a 'real' MMO after all with regular forced-grouping from level 15), however on reflection since this console release os way overdue then maybe a separate server is justified.

However, in the name of trying to rescue some likely lost business ZOS have made a decision which as far as I can see is entirely negative from those who can't or do want to play the PC version ahead of time.

• Brocklin
    Brocklin
    Soul Shriven
    Don't worry console peeps. You aren't missing anything as of yet. The game is overrun by bots & exploiters using hacks atm, though they have made some good head way with fixing the bugs in-game. I do have to say I love the offer for transferring over.
  • Beakster
    Beakster
    Console people should have to start fresh from the beginning just like we did after beta was done..
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beakster wrote: »
    Console people should have to start fresh from the beginning just like we did after beta was done..
    Oh I do love this kind of "we had to do it so they should too". W-T-F difference does it make what kind of device they're playing on.

/rolleyes

I have already posted I disagree with segregation on principle but given the huge time delay it wouldn't be fair to put them on existing servers for many reasons .. which is the reason I'm firmly against this transfer offer because it will have the same effect as if there was no segregation at all .. however that's entirely different from the reason you're inferring you're against it.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 12, 2014 1:54PM
  • hughart.danb14_ESO
    hughart.danb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    What if we pre-ordered the Imperial Edition for Console? Will that have any effect on our game play prior to transfer from PC to Console.

Also will there be separate servers for players transferring and those waiting 6 months to play on Console? You are putting half the players at a terrible disadvantage in an MMO which is bad for business. I believe this will turn out to be a bad move.
  • hughart.danb14_ESO
    hughart.danb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Zenimax has said that they have already lost this battle.

The consoles are closed environment. Microsoft does not want XBOX players interacting with PS4 players, and Sony is the same way. They might be able to coexist, invisibly, in the same data center running on the same hardware if they can assure Microsoft and Sony that there is a hard line, but my bet is that they will be required to run completely separate mega servers for each console.

FFXI does it today. PS3, XBOX 360 and PC's all playing together on the same servers. It can be done.

No one said it couldn't be done. Microsoft and Sony said they don't want it to be done. Thus it will not.
  • dragonmaster0303b16_ESO
    I had the Imperial Edition for PS4 pre-ordered for £89.99, but thanks to this I can now order the PC Imperial Edition for £49.99 then migrate to the PS4 for £12.99 later on. All I'm missing out on is the pre-order bonus I would've got but I'll be saving £27, bargain. I don't even plan an playing on PC but at least I can take 30 days to create all my characters!
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zenimax has said that they have already lost this battle.

The consoles are closed environment. Microsoft does not want XBOX players interacting with PS4 players, and Sony is the same way. They might be able to coexist, invisibly, in the same data center running on the same hardware if they can assure Microsoft and Sony that there is a hard line, but my bet is that they will be required to run completely separate mega servers for each console.

FFXI does it today. PS3, XBOX 360 and PC's all playing together on the same servers. It can be done.

No one said it couldn't be done. Microsoft and Sony said they don't want it to be done. Thus it will not.
    So Square Enix had the balls to tell M$ where to get off and Zenimax doesn't, right?
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone official actually answer our questions instead of speculations from the community?
  • DancesWithDragons
    anyone who plays for the next 6 months on PC isn't going to want to transition to console. They will likely wind up like me. Since my first beta session with ESO in febuary my XBOX one has been sitting on a shelf collecting dust.
  • DancesWithDragons
    I am wondering, once i have a V10 character can i level another one, and transfer that character only over to console
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those of us who are interested in playing ESO on multiple systems are getting the shaft. While it's a nice gesture to allow us to buy the console version for $20 and transfer a character, ZOS is still going to require us to pay for TWO subscriptions in order to play characters on both systems.

This is unacceptable.

I flat out refuse to pay two full subs to play ESO on two systems. I WOULD, however, be open to paying an "additional sub" fee of $5 a month to play on two systems, bringing by dual sub cost to $20 a month. This should also extend further to someone wishing to play on 3 or 4 servers, costing $25 and $30 respectively.

I would really prefer to not have to pay anything extra for multiple system subs, but I'm trying to be understanding of their business model.

ZOS: I would LOVE to play ESO on multiple systems... but you have GOT to meet us somewhere in the middle with this!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Sinister
    Sinister
    ✭✭
    Yeah I need some information as well, before I buy the PC version to hold me over. I have reserved and paid off the Xbox Imperial Edition. Am I supposed to pay full price again for a game I'm supposed to have (almost) now? Also, I assume I will be given the Imperial Edition perks at least once my account arrives on Xbox, if not during my PC play time?
  • dionysis_gt
    I have some questions that I hope Zenimax can answer in some future blog:

Will you have to pay multiple monthly subscriptions to maintain active PC and console accounts?

I have both an Xbox One and PS4 and ideally would like the option to play on any of the platforms (including PC), one at a time, on a single subscription. I will under no circumstances pay $45/month to have this option, but it is entirely likely that different friends and family will pick up this game when it releases on console and it would be very appealing (and likely cause me to maintain my existing subscription longer) to have the option to join any of them regardless of their choice of platform.

Will you be able to transfer characters to specific platforms on a per character basis? It would be nice to keep my main characters on the PC, but move a couple alts to each of the consoles to join up with friends playing on those platforms.
  • quietbang77_ESO
    I feel like this is crap for us console players. So basically ppl with decked out toons will be on the server come launch and flood the market with gear and mats for crafting. Going to be fun in PvP when many ppl are already decked out. What about if we preorder it for console? So nothing for us but hey at least PC gets the advantage. Oh well, guess its going to suck for awhile till we can catch up. Wish I had a good PC to play it on s I could get a head start. :smile: