The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO on Consoles – Update"

• KrisButtar
    KrisButtar
    ✭✭✭
    I already bought and paid for the physical Imperial version on PS4. It's a nice gesture to offer pc gamers to get the console version for an extra $20 but what about us console gamers who now have to wait another 6 months for the game and have paid full price. Could we not pay an extra $20 to get the pc version. Make the offer work both ways to be fair or give a good discount. I played the beta on PC and loved the game but for myself and others, it seems as if we are now being punished since the deal doesn't work for those of us that wanted it to play on consoles.
  • wayrestb16_ESO
    ethyreal wrote: »
    emofrog wrote: »
    Tuerai wrote: »
    The deal where existing ESO players can get ESO on XBONE or PS4 for $20 is pretty legit.
    I was secretly hoping that Consoles could use the same megaserver, so we could play on console or PC as long as we logged in, but I understand that that's a lot to ask, and would probably be really hard to implement.
    And letting people migrate their characters is amazing.
    Overall, good info.

So if it $20 does that mean it only going to be an offer for the US? Or will the UK get and equally good offer. As I would love to take my character over to the Xbox one.

£12.99 Not bad right?

You sound like you work for Zenimax marketing :)

This is a deal for those who have already bought the PC/Mac version. In the UK the standard price for the full game is £60, the 'lite' version is £40. Therefore your post should read:

£72.99 for full version, £52.99 for 'lite' version Not bad right?

It would certainly be a good deal if the full game was in the usual £20-£40 price range for PC games. As it is, it's a good way to soften the blow of a delayed console release for those who have access to a suitable PC or Mac.

I don't want to knock Zenimax on this, though. Delaying rather than rushing out a flawed release is the right thing to do (I wish they'd done the same for PC/Mac) and offering this 'compensation' is also a good thing.
  • Cpt7Komamaru
    Wow, this is actually quite the offer, especially since I bought the imperial edition so I could see if the game was good, and of course it was, but in my haste I forgot that my friends had planned on getting it for the ps4 because they don't use computers or laptops. I find it amazing actually that something like this is possible, and I think I may take them up on this offer, so thank you for letting me be able to play with my friends!
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    phOnyUK wrote: »
    xCHEMISTx wrote: »
    Wow. So it is official that consoles have been delayed. I'll pass this information over to the Xbox forums then. Glad I will be able to transfer my character over to my Xbox One when it does release though. No point in rushing it if it's not ready. No shame in postponing it either.

erm... they released a pc version full of bugs and bots and have just delayed a console version for 6 months at least so I wouldnt go that far but a good offer...

I don't see a big issue with the delay with the Xbox community. Most of them seem happy they are going to get a polished game. Personally I can still count on both hands the amount of bugs I have come across and the bots aren't something Zenimax released with the game. They are doing a lot to try and combat them. Best mmo I've played in a long time.

• Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leveling your chars and then transferring them will bypass most trophies/achievements for console players.. which is a pretty big deal.

I will take the 20 dollar buy deal though. Maybe by then, this pc beta test for consoles will have produced an acceptable product.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • danreeves1155b16_ESO
    danreeves1155b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW HAPPY THIS CHARACTER TRANSFER MAKES ME! THANK YOU AND SORRY FOR THE DELAY!
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually a pretty terrible idea at it's core. It's going to put all those players that didn't start on the PC at a severe disadvantage to those that paid the money to transfer over.

This is really going to hurt pvp, cyrodiil is going to be even more of a joke with veteran rank 10 players wiping the floor.

Better hope they don't put any "world first" achievements in the game or they would pretty much be trivialized from the get go.

Also, this pisses me off as a PC player that we're pretty much paying to beta test a game so they can fix it for consoles because as the game stands now, if you think PC players are bad, you haven't seen anything yet. If they released the current incarnation of the game on consoles, brimstone would rain from the sky.

And I doubt ZoS is going to give PC players anything for essentially being guinea pigs.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on May 8, 2014 10:29PM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is actually a pretty terrible idea at it's core. It's going to put all those players that didn't start on the PC at a severe disadvantage to those that paid the money to transfer over.

Better hope they don't put any "world first" achievements in the game or they would pretty much be trivialized from the get go.

The competitive mmo community on Xbox is pretty much non-existent. The competitive players on Xbox play shooters mainly and I don't see that changing anytime soon. There are a few achievement junkies that will want to milk the game for every bit of Gamerscore though.

• Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just read this on a ps4 site and it pretty much sums up how I feel about this transfer idea.

"The people running this game are complete idiots.

They have messed this game up at every stage and now with a delay to the console version, they announce that PC users get to transfer their chars and wealth to brand new Console servers.

So console users will start with a broken economy flooded with already exploited chars and mats. Not to mention a group of high level chars already in the game.

Terrible. Stupid. "
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • eyeless71_ESO
    For anybody who is actually here for information and not to *** about it, Gamestop is currently selling ESO on sale at $39.99, which means that if you buy it now on sale and pay the $20 in the future you're basically paying full price for the game by itself. Also, my Gamestop still had plenty of copies of the Explorer's Pack left. Not in anyway affiliated with GS, just letting people know about a deal that could save them money.
  • RaunchyMonkey
    RaunchyMonkey
    Soul Shriven
    Does anyone knows if the same account can be used in both platforms without paying an extra subscription? Or will I have to pay 2 subscriptions? Because this is actually a great opportunity for me since most of my friends will be getting the game on PS4 and I wish to play with them.
    Yes i would like to know this as well. If its just a one time transfer I would much rather play my characters on pc rather than switch them to console and not be allowed to play them on pc as well.

• Courtneyerin120nub19_ESO
    Obviously bummed having to wait to play with most of my friends sine they're waiting for console but I'm definitely content playing PC until then. I'm loving this game and really appreciate the company doing this for it's fans. This is an awesome offer I'm so excited we can transfer our characters that's amazing. I CAN WAIT!!! o:)
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone knows if the same account can be used in both platforms without paying an extra subscription? Or will I have to pay 2 subscriptions? Because this is actually a great opportunity for me since most of my friends will be getting the game on PS4 and I wish to play with them.
    Yes i would like to know this as well. If its just a one time transfer I would much rather play my characters on pc rather than switch them to console and not be allowed to play them on pc as well.

You will be required to have two subscriptions.
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3608/kw/subscription consoles
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on May 8, 2014 10:51PM

• Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on the PC, but that's really disappointing news for the console players. I know I would be crushed if I didn't have a gaming PC.

Oh well, at least their compensation is very legit so good on them for allowing all of that to happen.
  • Cayz88
    Cayz88
    Soul Shriven
    So my pc account will be on my ps4 too? Will I be able to play both at once? Or am I able to buy a new version for $20 for ps4 for a different account?
    Edited by Cayz88 on May 8, 2014 11:11PM
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only will Zenimax screw the economy and pvp up with server transfers, what happens to a vR whatever who transfers and then finds out he has a name change as someone on the console took it. I look forward to that thread.
  • H3Li0S
    H3Li0S
    ✭✭✭
    Im interrested into buying the game for PC and transfer to PS4 when its released but i wanted the explorer pack from PS4 pre-order, does that mean i would have to pre order the game for PS4 and pay full price again to get the explorer pack ? I really hope they come up with a solution for this.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cayz88 wrote: »
    So my pc account will be on my ps4 too? Will I be able to play both at once? Or am I able to buy a new version for $20 for ps4 for a different account?

They are separate accounts, separate subscriptions, separate games.
    When you transfer, you will be creating a new account on the new console and require a second subscription if you wish to play both at the same time. (after the 30 days of course) If you're asking if your character will remain on both platforms, I doubt it.

• Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FF installed a vet server, so it wouldn't surprise me if all PC transfers end up in the same campaign. Well, at least that would be the smart thing to do, so it's still a bit of a gamble. Sovngarde would be a fitting name, don't you think?
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • H3Li0S
    H3Li0S
    ✭✭✭
    FF installed a vet server, so it wouldn't surprise me if all PC transfers end up in the same campaign. Well, at least that would be the smart thing to do, so it's still a bit of a gamble. Sovngarde would be a fitting name, don't you think?

Won't happen, it's a ''Megaserver'' i really doubt they will implement an instance only those who transfer.
  • Xedafen
    Xedafen
    Soul Shriven
    So I am a little confused and would appreciate a reply. Does this mean I transfer my entire account to xbox one and I cant play on pc anymore and it just makes a copy, or does it mean I can play both on pc and xbox one? Also, does it just make a copy or for example, get new gear on PC will it give that armor on xbox too? Lastly, how do i make this transaction because I want both badly :/
  • Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭
    For anybody who is actually here for information and not to *** about it, Gamestop is currently selling ESO on sale at $39.99, which means that if you buy it now on sale and pay the $20 in the future you're basically paying full price for the game by itself. Also, my Gamestop still had plenty of copies of the Explorer's Pack left. Not in anyway affiliated with GS, just letting people know about a deal that could save them money.

I can confirm this as the Gamestop in my area is selling PC version for the same price, sans Imperial edition.
  • accelastarub17_ESO
    That's a pretty good consolation.
  • Scootter
    Scootter
    ✭✭✭
    Pete Hines also confirmed the two sub question.

• Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    H3Li0S wrote: »

Won't happen, it's a ''Megaserver'' i really doubt they will implement an instance only those who transfer.

Hence I said "Campaign" not server.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • jhtippinb14_ESO
    jhtippinb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Does this mean I should cancel my "Pre-Order" for the PS4 Version? For just $20 bucks I can transfer my PC characters? Do I still keep my PC Version/Characters?
  • Kavelle
    Kavelle
    I want to know is if this character transfer is either a one time thing meaning once I transfer any or all of my PC characters to either console (PS4 for me), will that wipe them from my PC account or will I still be able to play with them where I left off on PC as well as console? Of course 2 seperate game servers since the megaservers arent cross platform compatible... unless I missed a memo with the game being cross platform joined servers.

wondering the same thing,,,
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So....

You bought the PC version, played a character and have a sub fee going to that.

For an extra 20 bucks you can play on console and pay another sub fee?

That just sounds like something you would do if you had too much money.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Nmachin87ub17_ESO
    Nmachin87ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    What about those of us who pre-ordered the Imperial edition for the Xbox 1 or PS4 that are wanting to get the statue of Molag Bal?

I pre-ordered for the Imp edition for the xbone & if I order the Imp version for PC/MAC, am I going to lose out on the statue?
  • crimeanerevar928b14_ESO
    This is fabulous news for some and pretty bad for others, specifically those whose PCs can't handle TESO. Which is my friend's predicament. For me, it's kinda in my favor?

Hopefully this isn't what kills the series, though (because the delay may end up doing that due to competition. I'm hoping it is still successful though). But still, ZeniMax Support <3 good people. Myself and my friend intend to play together on the XBOne once it comes out if the massive bugs are fixed.

Is a huge shame, however, that you have to pay two subscription fees if you want to play on both PC and console. Some people have friends on one or the other that they want to play with.

I managed to get Imperial Edition for PC (the physical one). Will my Imperial Edition extras transfer to the XBOne version when it comes out and I get it? I'm assuming it will. ^^; Hopefully, speaking of which, those who ordered the Imperial Edition for consoles will still get that (I have a feeling they will, GameStop, etc. would find a way).
    @dreamsleever in-game and on Twitch
    810+, PC-NA user
    400+, PC-EU user

Jabs-Like-Jagger - Imperial StamPlar, Flawless Conqueror & Grand Master Crafter
    That Deekay Execute - Breton MagDK, Flawless Conqueror
    Firstmage Overcharger - Altmer MagSorc, Flawless Conqueror
    Drea-M'Athra - Khajiit Thief Nightblade
    Mythik Dreams - Redguard StamSorc, Flawless Conqueror
    Sievan Velothan - Breton MagBlade, Flawless Conqueror
    Tanks-for-Synergies - Nord DK Tank
    Anyameril - Altmer Templar Tank (former DPS/Healer), Bringer of Light
    The Celestial Serpent - Orc StamPlar, Flawless Conqueror
    The Celestial Warrior - Redguard StamDK, Flawless Conqueror
    Rip the Dream - Breton MagDen, Flawless Conqueror
    Shalks for the Win - Nord Warden Tank
    Blames the Healer - Breton Magplar (former healer), Flawless Conqueror