The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO on Consoles – Update"

• thatkidjanzee
    will we be able to play across devices? like when I played it on my console in the living room, then if i dont feel like going to the living room .. I just want to play it on my pc inside the bedroom?

sorry for my bad English but I think you got my point.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will we be able to play across devices? like when I played it on my console in the living room, then if i dont feel like going to the living room .. I just want to play it on my pc inside the bedroom?

sorry for my bad English but I think you got my point.

I don't think we have had a definitive answer to this one but as I understand it, based on what customer support have been telling people, the deal is that if you transfer you transfer your account. So you can only play on PC or you can transfer and only play on console.

If you want to play on both you have to buy two accounts (one PC and one console). Any characters you have been playing on PC can only be on one of those accounts unfortunately so no you can't just swap between devices to play the same characters.
    Edited by Curragraigue on September 30, 2014 7:05AM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Valkerian
    Valkerian
    I'm curious, does this mean that we will be able to get our loyalty program items transferred over once the game releases? And will we need to buy a separate copy of the game or will the $20 include a digital download as well? Lastly, will this continue out already current subscription so that we don't miss out on previous loyalty items?
  • Jehovanyub17_ESO
    Jehovanyub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Is there any update as to when the Console version will be released?
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭

If we are lucky it will be in december, if not it will be next year :neutral_face:
  • Jehovanyub17_ESO
    Jehovanyub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Nic727 wrote: »

If we are lucky it will be in december, if not it will be next year :neutral_face:

Its already six months behind. I am tired of doing the same old crap in destiny... I want open world.
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭

Its already six months behind. I am tired of doing the same old crap in destiny... I want open world.
    I know, I'm waiting for this game for a long time now... I am surprised they didn't start the console beta yet or maybe they cancelled it?
  • Jehovanyub17_ESO
    Jehovanyub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven

I know, I'm waiting for this game for a long time now... I am surprised they didn't start the console beta yet or maybe they cancelled it?

I hope they did not.
  • Breman2
    Breman2
    Soul Shriven
    Well time is coming closer... the Xbox web site is saying release isn't until December 2015 now?? I hope that is a typo!! When and Where will be be able to cash in on the $20 offer for those of us who want to play on Xbox one???
  • IvorySamoan
    IvorySamoan
    ✭✭✭
    So will this still be honored @ZOS_PaulSage ?? I'll bet a bunch of us on PC would try out the console versions once released for $20 AUD....
    Just returning some video tapes.........
  • patrock1983b14a_ESO
    patrock1983b14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Have we had a definitive answer whether or not we will be able to transfer over console, and still be able to play our PC characters on PC?

I mean are they transferring everything from one platform, or are they just going to copy from one to another?

Also will my ESO Sub count for both platforms?
    "Good, Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have we had a definitive answer whether or not we will be able to transfer over console, and still be able to play our PC characters on PC?

I mean are they transferring everything from one platform, or are they just going to copy from one to another?

Yes you will be able to play on both platforms. As far as your plus membership Im not positive but I would think that each platform would require its own plus membership.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes you will be able to play on both platforms. They only copy the character it still exists on the PC server. As far as your plus membership Im not positive but I would think that each platform would require its own plus membership.

• evan.campanab14_ESO
    evan.campanab14_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Yes you will be able to play on both platforms. As far as your plus membership Im not positive but I would think that each platform would require its own plus membership.

Where have you seen this?
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    Since I just paid for ESO tranfer to PS4 ($20) - will I automatically get into the console beta?
    PC/NA
  • Aflin
    Aflin
    Wait, so if I have an imperial edition from the release date with an inactivated code, do I have to first activate it THEN transfer to PS4 to keep the imperial stuff, or is the code transferable, or am I even able to transfer anymore idk. Thanks, Aflin
    Aflin
  • Aflin
    Aflin
    Btw I only played in the beta so will that qualify as playing or not? Thanks, Aflin
    Aflin
  • Aegon_I_Targaryen
    Aegon_I_Targaryen
    Soul Shriven
    So when is this going to happen? And will I be able to still play my characters on PC along side my characters on PS4? As long as I still got my monthly subscription on PC!
  • Aegon_I_Targaryen
    Aegon_I_Targaryen
    Soul Shriven
    So when your $20 Character transfer to console email offer goes to the junk mail and you miss the 30day character transfer by 4 days you are screwed! And all they say is too bad! After the loyalty I showed from PC Launch date. I get left behind in the jungle! With no chance of extraction or support! They could grant this offer to me after the official console launch when everything settles down, I would be happy with that! But nothing for loyal customers that got stuck!
  • JimEra
    JimEra
    So when your $20 Character transfer to console email offer goes to the junk mail and you miss the 30day character transfer by 4 days you are screwed! And all they say is too bad! After the loyalty I showed from PC Launch date. I get left behind in the jungle! With no chance of extraction or support! They could grant this offer to me after the official console launch when everything settles down, I would be happy with that! But nothing for loyal customers that got stuck!

Same my girlfriend and I both bought the imperial edition when it launched on PC in hopes of transferring to our PS4's...but we just got the email about the transfer and its already too late...I already wasted 160 on this game for pc...wouldn't have minded getting a copy to try on the console for 20 but how do they expect us to buy another whole copy when from the start they told us we would be able to move our characters from PC to ps4...they never mentioned we would only have a tiny window to do so and if you didn't happen to get the email too bad.

Would like refund plz.
  • Suhxtob-yu
    Suhxtob-yu
    ✭✭✭
    June 9th sure is getting close. Any chance we could possibly get some updated information??????
  • Suhxtob-yu
    Suhxtob-yu
    ✭✭✭
  • Qberry21
    Qberry21
    Hey so my question is, will there be another timeframe to pay for the character transfer? Because as of now, I've missed the "timeframe" for the initial transfer (giving us only 1 month time to do so is crap in my opinion anyways). So now it looks like the only way to get my character over to PS4 would be to re-buy the game for my Mac...? :/

Why are they even putting a timeframe on the character transfer in the first place? Just let anyone transfer their character, at any time, if they want to for the $20.
  • JimEra
    JimEra
    Game is still not released yet, but I am late being only given 30 days to make the pc to console xfer, pretty sure it took them over a year to release this on console.

Why are we given such time restraints?
  • Lufian_Cweald
    Lufian_Cweald
    Soul Shriven
    I decided I want to get the game for console....only to find I can't buy and get the transfer now? It probably means I'll stop playing altogether since I wanted to move over to playing this on the console. Am I missing something here?
    Nocturnal Guild
    Lufian Cweald Nightblade AD
    Johnny Fox Templar AD
  • chris.vangorkomub17_ESO
    I also did not receive the email. Guessing it went into the spam filter. Not sure why since every other Bethsoft email goes to my main inbox.

Only one month to transfer? Very disappointed in Bethsoft for this. I refuse to pay full price for a game I haven't even been able to play on my PC due to an integrated graphics card. I just want to play ESO. Now I'm forced to pay full price again?
    Edited by chris.vangorkomub17_ESO on June 7, 2015 2:25PM
  • aarkan_wolfb14_ESO
    aarkan_wolfb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Will someone from ZOS please give us, who missed the timeframe, something about another possible transfer period? As of right now I won't be returning to the game, I feel like a 30 day window so far from launch is unfair.
  • silverstorm2256b14_ESO
    silverstorm2256b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    maybe at a later date. always a petition creation chance if one wants. and as for anyone transfer for $20 that was a bonus offered to anyone who first created an acct and played the game on pc by 30 June 2014. at least everyone that did do that should have had the chance to w/o the timed window which was never in the original offer. alas it is pretty much SOL for the peeps that didnt pop in the store in the time frame to make purchase for acct copy.

But what about say if one has purchased the imp edition for pc missed the so called window maybe willing to shell out for console game being able to use bonuses from the imp edition with a fresh restart on console toons. *shrug* just putting it out there
  • Nicator
    Nicator
    ✭✭
    I just bought the PS4 version. I have had the PC version since launch.

No discount and how the he** do I transfer my PC character to consol?

Yhanks
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    This transfer system needs to be in place NOW. The fact that it was only for a few weeks is stupid.