Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO on Consoles – Update"

• Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about those of us who pre-ordered the Imperial edition for the Xbox 1 or PS4 that are wanting to get the statue of Molag Bal?

I pre-ordered for the Imp edition for the xbone & if I order the Imp version for PC/MAC, am I going to lose out on the statue?

You're only going to lose out if you cancel your preorder.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • WildKowgrrl
    What about those of us who pre-ordered the Imperial edition for the Xbox 1 or PS4 that are wanting to get the statue of Molag Bal?

I pre-ordered for the Imp edition for the xbone & if I order the Imp version for PC/MAC, am I going to lose out on the statue?

From what I can tell you can buy the imperial version for the PC (if there are still some available in your area) and still get the statue and art books. The box will just say PC instead of XB1. But we don't know yet if the extra DLC (i.e. the mudcrab, horse and ring) are going to transfer.

We already know we are going to spend a good coin on this game, and are ok with it seeing as we already paid for our Imperial Edition for the One. So what would probably be the best course of action is this:

1) Leave your preorder for the One Imperial version alone, since it's already paid.
    2) Go out and buy the plain PC version of ESO and set up your character and start playing on your PC.
    3) Pay month to month for the subscription fee for the PC until the One version is released.
    4) When it comes out, transfer the characters, but you already have the hard copy Imperial game disk so you wont need to pay the extra $20 for the digital download of the game. (At least this is in my understanding that you don't have to pay for the transfer itself, just the digital download of the game)

That's my plan anyway. Another 40 for the game right now (and that's brand new), less for the used version, is not that much in the scope of things, and this way we won't be left behind when the console version comes out.

Besides there is a very real possibility that it could be pushed back again, they didn't give a definite amount of time. Anyone with logic would appreciate the fact that it got pushed back so it can be polished even more. Let us fans be thankful.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    So console users will start with a broken economy flooded with already exploited chars and mats. Not to mention a group of high level chars already in the game.

Terrible. Stupid. "

There is an economy in ESO? :)

But yes when it comes to PvP this makes sense though. "True" console users stand no chance against VR10+ ranks that will flood the PvP servers at console launch.

Good post though I did not consider these issues before...
    Indeed it is so...
  • Kendah
    Kendah
    ✭✭
    In FFXIV ARR players play on same server whether its a PC or PS3/PS4, what is different here that makes it impossible to implement in TESO? To divide player base into 3 different server groups :neutral_face:
    Edited by Kendah on May 9, 2014 6:59AM
  • PrincessKenny
    This has got to be the worst company to run an MMO ever! Seriously? PC character transfers to brand new console servers? HELL NO!!! Im ok with the delay I get it stuff happens....watchdogs got delayed....but the transfers are something I cannot stand!

So what zenimax is trying to do is get more money from us console users because we will be at a disadvantage if we dont play on pc and transfer to console.

I was looking foward to being one of the first to 10 and getting some pvp action now its like why even bother till youre vr12 like all the pc transfers. Not to mention all the money and high level gear flooding a new server will kill the economy.

So bottom line zenimax f'd up and want us to PAY MORE TO PLAY SOMETHING WE DONT WANT TO PLAY ON PC.....GIVE US CONSOLE AND ONLY CONSOLE LET THE PC PLAYERS STAY ON THEIR SERVERS!!

So I have physical imperial ed pre ordered for ps4 because gimmie molag bal! How does this work for me? I have to pay ANOTHER 60 bucks for dig imperial to play on pc to keep up? Pssh ill pass and if this doesnt get reversed I may end up cancelling my pre order and play something else like destiny at least ill have an even start with that mmo.
  • Sage10025
    Sage10025
    I am consistently pleased with the professionalism displayed by this enterprise, well done.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has got to be the worst company to run an MMO ever! Seriously? PC character transfers to brand new console servers? HELL NO!!! Im ok with the delay I get it stuff happens....watchdogs got delayed....but the transfers are something I cannot stand!

So what zenimax is trying to do is get more money from us console users because we will be at a disadvantage if we dont play on pc and transfer to console.

I was looking foward to being one of the first to 10 and getting some pvp action now its like why even bother till youre vr12 like all the pc transfers. Not to mention all the money and high level gear flooding a new server will kill the economy.

So bottom line zenimax f'd up and want us to PAY MORE TO PLAY SOMETHING WE DONT WANT TO PLAY ON PC.....GIVE US CONSOLE AND ONLY CONSOLE LET THE PC PLAYERS STAY ON THEIR SERVERS!!

So I have physical imperial ed pre ordered for ps4 because gimmie molag bal! How does this work for me? I have to pay ANOTHER 60 bucks for dig imperial to play on pc to keep up? Pssh ill pass and if this doesnt get reversed I may end up cancelling my pre order and play something else like destiny at least ill have an even start with that mmo.

wait... so youre crying because youre not going to be able to grief?

shut up
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually surprised this project hasn't been cancelled. I like Elder Scrolls, but the more I play ESO, the more I just want to go back to Skyrim. I don't think this game will get any better in quality over the next six months. I'm hoping it does, but I'm just being realistic. I really am trying to like this game. I subscribed for six months, and I will be playing. I just don't think I'll have a reason for renewing. I foresee a big drop in subscrptions before the console game estimated release. I wouldn't be surprised if ESO flops and goes free to play within the next six months either.
  • captain_awesome
    captain_awesome
    ✭✭✭
    Great offer, very exciting news! Thank you!

Shame there is no cross platform interaction, would be great to play vs console owners on my PC!
    Dominion FTW.
  • Weethor
    Weethor
    I honestly couldn't believe it when I read what there offering. It's the pup's nut's to be honest. I would love it if they restrict how much gold can be transfered across and refused any items to be transfered with maybe exceptions for pets so the consoles will have un-exploited economies. For me personally the news couldn't have came at a better time as I was considering upgrading my PC just for this game lol. Hopefuly they can resolve the issues they are faced with and provide us with WSO on the consoles for Santa coming :)
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭

1) Throw in a vague statement about console release
    2) Throw in PAID deal to transfer PC characters to console
    3) Watch future console players get the PC version and start paying months of sub, happy as mad monkeys
    4) Secretly scrap the console port as people bought the PC version anyway and save money
    5) Profit until game goes F2P

Brilliant!
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • drkbreachb14a_ESO
    So.... I have to wait 6 more months for my game and collector's edition content? This is ridiculous. They should let us have the collector's edition content at least. Otherwise, who knows if I'll still want it.
    Edited by drkbreachb14a_ESO on May 9, 2014 8:19AM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Does anyone knows if the same account can be used in both platforms without paying an extra subscription? Or will I have to pay 2 subscriptions? Because this is actually a great opportunity for me since most of my friends will be getting the game on PS4 and I wish to play with them.
    There's no 'PC' and 'PS4' servers so why would you not be able to play with them?

There will be separate servers for PS4, xbox and pc/mac.
    I hadn't seen that, that's stupid.

Edited by KerinKor on May 9, 2014 8:32AM
  • s2firestar
    s2firestar
    ✭✭
    Well, I'm a PC dedicated player and do not plan to transfer anything anywhere. And I can see that haters gonna hate. And griefers gonna cry.

But let me state this VERY clear for all haters. Zenimax has taken every extra mile to make up for us for any and every f*ck up they have made (whether it was their fault or just happened). Everyone must understand that this is a huge game, a huge project and the TES series are infamous for bugs. Shouldn't surprise anyone. You can't squash every one of them during developement. Not any other studio has made this kind of offer so far...

By the way, I hope this game will never go free to play, or as a World of Tanks veteran, I could say Pay to Win. Those of you who can't afford it, or don't like it just Eff off, and let us fans play for our hard earned money. I don't want to see microtransactions. I don't want to pay more than this for it. I don't want every idiot, like in WoT, play this game. I'm happy with this system, because those who pay for it won't screw up, because it is their money. It's a commitment. And the price we have to pay is not that much. Hell, I'm hungarian. Most of you might know that it's not too good to live here nowdays. I don't earn too much. Still, I have found a way to pay that 4000 HUF every month.

So basically, as a user, I don't care about people crying. If it is not good for them, then they should not play it. And I admire the devs that they do care. I know not everyone can be pleased, but for most, as I have read the comments, this is wonderful news.

So all in all, way to go Zenimax!
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    That's amazing. So how do I go about doing this?

I was so bummed about having to start again, this definately gives me the chance to keep playing and then transfer over!
  • Baylen
    Baylen
    I doubt this was a good idea. People who had a potent PC to start with will largely have gotten the PC version anyway.

By offering a transfer option from PC to console, you end up stealing the “fresh server experience" from genuine console players.

This will *cost you customers*, as you are now telling genuine new players that they would have to deal with established players who exported their gold, items and the chars themselves, which of course have a huge headstart on everything.

I’m a PC player, so not really affected anyway. Just offering an honest opinion.
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    On that. It says you can transfer 'your character'. I have 4 characters- is that all characters on my account that transfer? Or only 1?

• hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    well this is terrible as i dont have a pc or mac and dont want to spend $500+ on a computer just to play a game for a couple months just to never use it agian after it comes out on console i hope they will atleast put out new on the beta and maybe give a chance to do that during this 6 month wait but ill prob just move on this took to long to come out
  • Moomins
    Moomins
    ✭✭✭
    A* for Zenimax on this offer - couldn't have asked for more!
    "Dragons? Oh, they're everywhere! You must fly very high to see most of them, though. The ones nearer the ground are very hard to see, being invisible."
    M'aiq the Liar
  • bryan.rose_ESO
    hmm, I have played since head-start...found a few bugs, reported them, moved on. Not really seeing anything that is as game breaking as A LOT of you are whining about. Its not like the sky is falling. Life is too short to get so upset about a $15/month game. Heck, what is that 3 gallons of gas??? I have spent enough time playing which has cut down on my gas consumption...lol. So in reality, Zenimax is SAVING me money...lol.
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing- is this offer in ALL regions for X1 and PS4? Announcement states only in € and also 'a character'

I'd advise caution until we get more info.
    Edited by Fruity_Ninja on May 9, 2014 2:25PM
  • MartinXKid
    MartinXKid
    ✭✭✭
    Just read this on a ps4 site and it pretty much sums up how I feel about this transfer idea.

"The people running this game are complete idiots.

They have messed this game up at every stage and now with a delay to the console version, they announce that PC users get to transfer their chars and wealth to brand new Console servers.

So console users will start with a broken economy flooded with already exploited chars and mats. Not to mention a group of high level chars already in the game.

Terrible. Stupid. "

They will probably let characters be transfered some time after the initial launch. This usually happens in other MMOs when they open up a new server and wait for players to have time to level their characters to let players transfer theirs to this new server. If that happens, problem solved right?
    "War ..... War never changes"
  • grimslayer69
    grimslayer69
    Soul Shriven
    s2firestar wrote: »
    Well, I'm a PC dedicated player and do not plan to transfer anything anywhere. And I can see that haters gonna hate. And griefers gonna cry.

But let me state this VERY clear for all haters. Zenimax has taken every extra mile to make up for us for any and every f*ck up they have made (whether it was their fault or just happened). Everyone must understand that this is a huge game, a huge project and the TES series are infamous for bugs. Shouldn't surprise anyone. You can't squash every one of them during developement. Not any other studio has made this kind of offer so far...

By the way, I hope this game will never go free to play, or as a World of Tanks veteran, I could say Pay to Win. Those of you who can't afford it, or don't like it just Eff off, and let us fans play for our hard earned money. I don't want to see microtransactions. I don't want to pay more than this for it. I don't want every idiot, like in WoT, play this game. I'm happy with this system, because those who pay for it won't screw up, because it is their money. It's a commitment. And the price we have to pay is not that much. Hell, I'm hungarian. Most of you might know that it's not too good to live here nowdays. I don't earn too much. Still, I have found a way to pay that 4000 HUF every month.

So basically, as a user, I don't care about people crying. If it is not good for them, then they should not play it. And I admire the devs that they do care. I know not everyone can be pleased, but for most, as I have read the comments, this is wonderful news.

You couldn't have said it any better :)
  • Keffertjes
    Keffertjes
    ✭✭
    s2firestar wrote: »

Like your saying you are dedicated PC gamer so it aint affecting you it will be even better since PC/MAC will see more player coming on (atleast for people that got a PC/MAC)

The only people that have the right to whine/cry like you peepz saying are the one's with out PC/MAC and will have to start 6 months behind all those that got on PC/MAC.Honestly i dont see people paying for the game and a sub on console if they are 6 month behind on people that transferred their PC/MAC to console.

they also said *ATLEAST* 6 months

and like someone stated upstairs THE PC/MAC VERSION HAS BEEN BROKEN SINCE DAY 1.Exploiters,Dupers,speedHackers(that got banned MY ASS) wil be able to transfer to console (Haha yea very nice)

If they had done the FULL WIPE after 2 weeks this would be a great idea but to many DUPED items in this game (and people say you aint never gonna feel it freaking fan-boyz open your eyes)
  • bryan.rose_ESO
    hehe I love reading some of these posts. First name an mmo that is bot/dupe/exploit/speed Hack free? It was freaking annoying. I was worried that I would get banned for sending so many stupid /bug reports on the bots...ect... But to say the game is broken is a bit extreme. I have went from lvl 1 to Vr1...sure some things were borked, sure some things still are. But can you name a mmo (go back as far as you need) that was released bug free or without the issues you were describing? How many people do you think were pouring over the code, reverse engineering it...what ever to find a way to do what they have been doing? Is it even realistic to expect any company to be able to anticipate ALL of those loopholes that are found or made by opportunists? and as for your use of Fanbois...get over that...that is almost as over used a term as transparent and the US government... Some people just like the game. Simple solution is if you don't like it then move on. Life will be better for you if you do.
    Edited by bryan.rose_ESO on May 9, 2014 4:02PM
  • taylorwilenskiub17_ESO
    I feel as though many of you are misreading the article.

1. If you take this route, you will still have to buy the full version of the game for PC/Mac--full price.

2. Then, when the console versions are released, you will have to pay another $20 to transfer your characters over.

3. On top of that you still have to pay for your Live subscriptions and monthly fees.

I'm purely a PC player, but in my opinion Zenimax should allow you to switch your characters over for free instead of charging you an additional $20 when console players also have to pay for their systems internet subscription.
    Edited by taylorwilenskiub17_ESO on May 9, 2014 5:10PM
  • WickedGenesis
    I had planned on pre ordering the digital imperial edition for the ps4 so I could obtain the pre order bonus of playing any race in any faction. Will we be given the opportunity to upgrade for this feature if we purchase for pc now?
  • Ashatay
    Ashatay
    This is the best *** offer they could've ever come up with for Console users and as such I can say I am so *** happy about it. Anyone else that needs to disagree...Make your own *** game up. Crappoli all I said was God.damn lol well excuse me and my gaddam language, I'm to gaddam excited here yáll.
    Edited by Ashatay on May 9, 2014 7:07PM
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

wait... so youre crying because youre not going to be able to grief?

shut up

Did you even read this post before you posted? This person is a console player and wanted a clean start on their CONSOLE not a PC'er who wanted to go in and gank toons as a console transfer. Jesus reading comprehension is severely lacking for some!

I think you need to SHUT UP and THINK before you sound off!
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Najah
    Najah
    They should have one megaserver for all platforms and a single subscription regardless of what platform you choose. The current model is that you buy the game multiple times and maintain a separate character and subscription for each platform.

People are already using Controllers with the PC version, so the whole "Mouse and Keyboard" Vs. Controller disadvantages is not a valid argument.

Use this delay to give us news we really want to hear. "One megaserver for all platforms" "ESO will be the first "next-gen" true cross-platform MMORPG". "One Community for all platforms" DO IT!

That's what I'd like to see a MMO do, too. I suppose I was under the impression that it would be all-on-one, not one-or-the-other. Hopefully they can accomplish that, someday soon, and there won't be a huge influx of characters that are going to ditch the PC version for the console version when it comes out.

That said, this seems like a really good deal and a good compromise for the delay. Kudos for doing the right thing and offering an alternative solution, instead of leaving players in the lurch.