The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO on Consoles – Update"

• RookBorn
    RookBorn
    ✭✭
    Queue the complainers that it's been pushed back 6 months!

...already found a thread.

Either way, ZOS want to make this game a really good one. Yet whiners on the forums seem to foretell 'F2P IN A YEAR L0L GG ZENI SUCH BAD COMPANY' if ANYTHING doesn't go their way...

People need to stop being spoilt AF. Grow some balls and wait like the rest of us so that we get an awesome game at the end.
    Khajiit Nightblade - V6
    --The Brigade--
    Biggest achievement so far - Veteran Area unlocked at 46
  • xhunter
    xhunter
    So, how do we take advantage of this offer? I would love to get in on it (and have been paying since launch).
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    Should have pushed back the PC release six months....... OH You did you're just charging us to beta test it for you

Just imagine that its like an involuntary Kickstarter campaign. But I guess that doesn't help. :/

****SNIP*****

Well had they been upfront and said, "Hey we ain't quite got it all fixed but need people to help out with a kickstarter program. Cost are as follows, ETC ETC"

The bad press the bad feelings, and the negativity would IMHO been a lot less.

• natedipaolob14_ESO
    So will this be a one time transfer? Or could you play on both PC and next-gen console interchangeably? (With a single account)
  • WildKowgrrl
    DethiasX wrote: »
    Will we get the imperial edition items on the console version if we purchased it for pc/mac? or at least the chance to upgrade?

This is my question too. I am hesitant to take advantage of this offer based on I don't want to lose my items, especially seeing as I've had my game paid off since imperial edition was announced.

It doesn't help either that I'm not a fan of digital downloads for console.

We really need more specific information on the transfer and the details of what it entails vs a general announcement. Please sate the masses and post the details soon.
    Edited by WildKowgrrl on May 8, 2014 2:53PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone knows if the same account can be used in both platforms without paying an extra subscription? Or will I have to pay 2 subscriptions? Because this is actually a great opportunity for me since most of my friends will be getting the game on PS4 and I wish to play with them.

Id guess if you want to play on both platforms you would need to pay two subs. Also I am assuming when they transfer the character it will no longer exist on the PC/MAC server.
  • ZeroInspiration
    ZeroInspiration
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone knows if the same account can be used in both platforms without paying an extra subscription? Or will I have to pay 2 subscriptions? Because this is actually a great opportunity for me since most of my friends will be getting the game on PS4 and I wish to play with them.

Id guess if you want to play on both platforms you would need to pay two subs. Also I am assuming when they transfer the character it will no longer exist on the PC/MAC server.

The character isn't my concern at all, I just don't want to pay full price plus an extra subscription to play on both platforms, especially when I wouldn't be able to take advantage of it fully on both since I would have to split my time.
  • cajunflavoredbob
    cajunflavoredbob
    ✭✭✭
    A few questions arise from this announcement:

1. Does the transfer process move or copy your character(s)? Basically, since there are different servers for the consoles and PCs, will you still have characters available to play on the PC when you transfer?

2. Does this transfer include only the characters, or will your bank and inventory come along for the ride?

3. What about game progress? Do you have to start over from scratch with a Vet10+ character (which is a bit silly), or will you keep all achievements and questing progress, such as map locations, dungeon completion, and story progression?

4. Is there a limit to the number of characters which can be transferred?

5. Do Imperial Edition bonus items, such as pets (beta monkey included), maps, and Rings of Mara transfer over as well?

6. Will remaining game time from the PC version transfer over to the console for those not wanting to continue playing on the PC? If I have 65 days left on my PC subscription, and transfer over to a console, does that bump my remaining time up to 95 days?

7. For those wanting to keep both accounts, would you need two different subscriptions in order to play on the PC and a console?

8. What about those who purchased physical pre-orders of the console versions already without buying the PC version at all? This promotion does not really work in their favor. Would it be possible to allow them to purchase the PC version now for $20 and transfer over later?
    Edited by cajunflavoredbob on May 8, 2014 10:19PM
  • Selstad
    Selstad
    ✭✭✭✭
    One second you guys are ready to rip the head off Zenimax and chant in ritualistic ecstasy.

The next minute you're down on your knees and genuflecting like mad for the wonderful Zenimax.

Never ceases to amaze me how fast a mob can be turned to followers if you do the right thing :)
  • Livin_Da_High_Lyfeb14_ESO
    what about those of us who still want to get the physical collectors edition? will i be able to transfer over to that version when it releases and i want to play now? and is there any special offer on that? or is the play now on pc and transfer your character over to ps4/xbox one thing only for digital ps4/xbox one version?
  • ZeroInspiration
    ZeroInspiration
    ✭✭✭
    Selstad wrote: »
    One second you guys are ready to rip the head off Zenimax and chant in ritualistic ecstasy.

The next minute you're down on your knees and genuflecting like mad for the wonderful Zenimax.

Never ceases to amaze me how fast a mob can be turned to followers if you do the right thing :)

That's just giving Caesar what belongs to Caesar, they do something wrong we criticize it. They do something right we praise them.
  • Selstad
    Selstad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope then that there aren't a Brutus lurking around in the corridors with a sharp dagger at hand :)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I see free transfers to the console of your choice as the death knell for the PC/Mac version.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • parabolee
    parabolee
    Soul Shriven
    A few questions arise from this announcement:

1. Does the transfer process move or copy your character(s)? Basically, since they are using different servers for the consoles and PCs, will you still have characters available to play on the PC when you transfer?

2. Does this transfer include only the characters, or will your bank and inventory come along for the ride?

3. Is there a limit to the number of characters which can be transferred?

4. Do Imperial Edition bonus items, such as pets (beta monkey included), maps, and Rings of Mara transfer over as well?

5. Will remaining game time from the PC version transfer over to the console for those not wanting to continue playing on the PC? If I have 65 days left on my PC subscription, and transfer over to a console, does that bump my remaining time up to 95 days?

6. For those wanting to keep both accounts, would you need two different subscriptions in order to play on the PC and a console?

These are the exact same question I would like answered too. Also I'd like to know if native controller support will come to PC once the console versions are out.

Great work taking care of your customers Bethesda/Zenimax!

Thanks!
  • foxhound4206nub18_ESO
    foxhound4206nub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I guess I'm the only one who doesnt like this idea or mind a console delay as long as it's a polished product... but I don't want to start a new game with people already at max level with gear far superior to anything I could find for the first month of my playing time.

I'm a huge fan of PvP and this AvA is an amazing take on the game. Having to compete with players who already put in their time will completely ruin anyone and everyone's experience who was holding out to get ESO on the console. I'm a PC player at heart but didnt want to spend the money on upgrading my system to run the game at the quality settings that my PS4 is capable of. Having played the BETA, I knew this game would be worth any amount of wait. Now I'm patiently waiting for another 6 months to only find that I'll be ~7-8 months behind many players who transferred their character to the console.

Sure it could be a great idea from a revenue stand-point, but in my opinion this is a step in the wrong direction for creating that magical experience for players playing a game for the first time... Who wants to wait for a game to come out to find themselves at a disadvantage?! This is stupid, sure it'll make SOME PC players who CONSIDERED playing it on console happy... but what about all the people who pre-ordered the Console version ONLY and have been patiently waiting for their turn?!

You disappoint me Bethesda and Zenimax, not because of bugs, not because of delays. Because you aren't taking the Console players into consideration at all on this one... you can do better... and we deserve better.

-A Devoted Elder Scrolls fan
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    I'm not happy about this. The pre order bonuses to play in any alliance as any race, we wouldn't be able to get. So if I play on pc I lose a lot of the functions I wanted from pre ordering. Pre ordering on the console we were going to have the same bonuses that we would have had for the pc. Now we miss out on all of that. This is not a proper transition. If these features are not address for us now "late comers" then I'll just cancel my two imperial edition console eso's and walk away.
  • mike_lee_ESO
    mike_lee_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    They should have one megaserver for all platforms and a single subscription regardless of what platform you choose. The current model is that you buy the game multiple times and maintain a separate character and subscription for each platform.

People are already using Controllers with the PC version, so the whole "Mouse and Keyboard" Vs. Controller disadvantages is not a valid argument.

Use this delay to give us news we really want to hear. "One megaserver for all platforms" "ESO will be the first "next-gen" true cross-platform MMORPG". "One Community for all platforms" DO IT!
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I called the delay. Im also calling the cancellation in 4-5 months.
  • ZeroInspiration
    ZeroInspiration
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I'm the only one who doesnt like this idea or mind a console delay as long as it's a polished product... but I don't want to start a new game with people already at max level with gear far superior to anything I could find for the first month of my playing time.

I'm a huge fan of PvP and this AvA is an amazing take on the game. Having to compete with players who already put in their time will completely ruin anyone and everyone's experience who was holding out to get ESO on the console. I'm a PC player at heart but didnt want to spend the money on upgrading my system to run the game at the quality settings that my PS4 is capable of. Having played the BETA, I knew this game would be worth any amount of wait. Now I'm patiently waiting for another 6 months to only find that I'll be ~7-8 months behind many players who transferred their character to the console.

Sure it could be a great idea from a revenue stand-point, but in my opinion this is a step in the wrong direction for creating that magical experience for players playing a game for the first time... Who wants to wait for a game to come out to find themselves at a disadvantage?! This is stupid, sure it'll make SOME PC players who CONSIDERED playing it on console happy... but what about all the people who pre-ordered the Console version ONLY and have been patiently waiting for their turn?!

You disappoint me Bethesda and Zenimax, not because of bugs, not because of delays. Because you aren't taking the Console players into consideration at all on this one... you can do better... and we deserve better.

-A Devoted Elder Scrolls fan
    Do you really believe most people will transfer? I reckon that very few players will take advantage of this unless they were already planning on playing on console. You can bet that most players that have reached veteran ranks will NOT transfer, seeing as they are probably hardcore MMO players which usually stick to PCs

• Warfield
    Warfield
    2 Questions

Does this character switch apply to anyone that purchased the PC version including pre-orders and purchases before this announcement?

If you can do this once, why not have characters saved on both? I would love to play on my PC sometimes and my PS4 other times using my same characters just with different friends.
  • WildKowgrrl
    I don't want to start a new game with people already at max level with gear far superior to anything I could find for the first month of my playing time.

I'm patiently waiting for another 6 months to only find that I'll be ~7-8 months behind many players who transferred their character to the console.

Who wants to wait for a game to come out to find themselves at a disadvantage?!

Just highlighting the points of this post that I fully agree with, even though the deal is good, it will be a serious disadvantage for dedicated and patient console players.

• Malloway
    Malloway
    ✭✭✭
    That's one hell of a deal ZOS, amazing job with the game and don't worry about the push back, you guys take as long as you need to make the game perfect on the consoles. We have patience for a reason and we will gladly wait for a wonderful finished product.

Amazing job again and thank you ZOS for all your hard work!
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    I dont own consoles and I wont buy a console, not yet.. IF I BUY, it will be for exclusives. Why shall i buy pc version and console version...?

But ok for people who buy both, its a cool offer.
    Edited by Perseas on May 8, 2014 3:23PM
  • Awesometographer
    Awesometographer
    ✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    So it's like an add-on, basically. Pay twenty dollars and you get ESO and your already leveled characters on the console of your choice, and you get 30 more days on your subscription. That's a fantastic deal for XBox One and PS4 owners.
    And since in the interim 6 months, you're already paying $15/mo - and you get a month free... the Xbox / PS4 version costs $5
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish at least one of those platforms (PS4 preferably) would be cross-platformed with PC/Mac version. Would really like to play on PS4, but am kinda expecting there not to be nearly as many PC/Mac players out and about.
  • Wavemoore
    Wavemoore
    ✭✭
    <Consults Crystal Ball> In the very near future the very same people who moaned and groaned and whined about ESO being released too early on the PC (and thus was very buggy) will be complaining about the console delay.

While the former was a indeed a legitimate complaint in my opinion, the latter just reinforces that MMO players in general can't be pleased and are pretty much the very reason most new MMOs don't succeed in the first place.
  • foxhound4206nub18_ESO
    foxhound4206nub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I wish at least one of those platforms (PS4 preferably) would be cross-platformed with PC/Mac version. Would really like to play on PS4, but am kinda expecting there not to be nearly as many PC/Mac players out and about.

After this stunt there wont be very many players at all... I can't imagine how many Console Pre-orders are being canceled as we speak... not due to the 6 months waiting but from knowing all console only players will be at the disadvantage to any and all who transfer from PC/MAC to Console...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have one megaserver for all platforms and a single subscription regardless of what platform you choose. The current model is that you buy the game multiple times and maintain a separate character and subscription for each platform.

People are already using Controllers with the PC version, so the whole "Mouse and Keyboard" Vs. Controller disadvantages is not a valid argument.

Use this delay to give us news we really want to hear. "One megaserver for all platforms" "ESO will be the first "next-gen" true cross-platform MMORPG". "One Community for all platforms" DO IT!

Zenimax has said that they have already lost this battle.

The consoles are closed environment. Microsoft does not want XBOX players interacting with PS4 players, and Sony is the same way. They might be able to coexist, invisibly, in the same data center running on the same hardware if they can assure Microsoft and Sony that there is a hard line, but my bet is that they will be required to run completely separate mega servers for each console.

However, the NA and EU servers might get merged together once PC/Mac subscriptions drop low enough.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only issue would be if it does require two accounts be maintained. If they keep users on the same log-in, presumably only one platform could be used at a time--pc or console. To require two subscriptions would be gouging players.
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • mike_lee_ESO
    mike_lee_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Zenimax has said that they have already lost this battle.

The consoles are closed environment. Microsoft does not want XBOX players interacting with PS4 players, and Sony is the same way. They might be able to coexist, invisibly, in the same data center running on the same hardware if they can assure Microsoft and Sony that there is a hard line, but my bet is that they will be required to run completely separate mega servers for each console.

FFXI does it today. PS3, XBOX 360 and PC's all playing together on the same servers. It can be done.