The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO on Consoles – Update"

• Scootter
    Scootter
    ✭✭✭
    While it does suck that console players have to wait I am glad they are delaying it to work out issues. I think the coolest news here is that PC players can buy the game for $20 AND transfer your pc characters over. How damn cool is that!

I know I will for sure be buying the console game and transferring at least one character over. This is actually a pretty brilliant marketing move. I think any pc players on the fence about buying the console version will now jump on it. I mean $20 to be able to play with my console only friends!
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Zargorius wrote: »
    Wow, good luck at PVPing on console release, you gonna be destroyed for months by VR12 maxed out characters transfered from PCs. That will be a *** of epic proprtions.

While not always true, console players are in general more casual.

I suspect that the people who are already VR10 will be staying on PC.

EU servers feel a bit empty, its because people want EU servers in the EU and they left till the transfer(?)... Maybe thats why they may push claglorn earlier than intended? Or at least, I saw a notice ingame today about it, in the login screen, the message says " claglorn comes soon" , so I suspect next week or something?

I would never buy an mmo in consoles, I use pc for this. The only mmo I may buy, if it ever comes out, is a Mario world MMO. Thats something consolish.

The game is fine, it only needs (from my stand point)

1) Server transfer ASAP, not cheap excuses about bots.
    2) Fix the economy, a global system for all, not only guilds. Thats not mmoish and not elder scrolish either. I would love vendorism along with guild stores for guilds.
    3) I would love to have PVE-combined with PVP areas. Play a game without experiencing any war between the alliances, doesnt feel like there is any war at all. Since cyrodiil is a premade campaign thing, I dont play it. Its a huge arena, I speak about open world pve areas unlocked for all alliances.

Thats how the player feels the war, its not about rewards, thats wrong, whoever thinks that pvp must be accompanied with rewards, is totally wrong.
    Edited by Perseas on May 8, 2014 5:22PM
  • n.englishb14_ESO
    n.englishb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The following is a repost from another thread. My apologies.

This action may appease the minority of console gamers who can manage to play on PC, but it alienates the rest of us who wont/cant do it. Come console launch we will be outclassed by the PC players who transferred(assuming it works). In short, now every PC player gets a head start over console players on our own platform. Sure this is good for PC players, but for the majority of console players who were excited...its a stab in the back.
  • LuckyGamer
    Wow exactly. When I started to read, I was like "***, REALLY!" But the offer is beyond amazing. You guys sure know how to handle customer service. I have been busting my arse on the PC version, Which I love, and was thinking how much it sucks having to start over again. Thanks for softening the blow you guys and girls, Cant wait to play on my PS4 as well. Amazing. I wish others would follow in your footsteps.

Any idea on Beta? Would love to test and help again when possible.
  • IvorySamoan
    IvorySamoan
    ✭✭✭
    Shoot, I'll buy the $20 PS4 version when it rolls out now for sure, so I can have a Khajit couch side, and my 'main' PC account too, actually.. I wonder If I'll have to pay dual subs.. hmmm.
    Just returning some video tapes.........
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    They need to offer the explorer pack as an option for us, I need the ability to pick my race/alliance.
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's a pretty cool deal. Good on you, ZOS.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • Reinmard
    Reinmard
    ✭✭✭
    I really dont care since I wont get the Ps4/Xbox one version, but that doesnt ruin the newbie community for consoles?
    I mean, u start playing and v12 full legendary gear dudes own u at cyrodiil xD.
  • Scootter
    Scootter
    ✭✭✭
    So just a thought. ESO PlayStation 4 and ESO Xbox One Christmas bundle anyone?
  • Sheesa
    Sheesa
    Soul Shriven
    amazing news! nice work guys! i'm basically a console player and i got a ps4,this opportunity to transfer my characters on console version is very amazing, because my pc is not so good for playing games.
    Zhyn
  • ahspear37
    ahspear37
    ✭✭
    A few questions arise from this announcement:

1. Does the transfer process move or copy your character(s)? Basically, since they are using different servers for the consoles and PCs, will you still have characters available to play on the PC when you transfer?

2. Does this transfer include only the characters, or will your bank and inventory come along for the ride?

3. Is there a limit to the number of characters which can be transferred?

4. Do Imperial Edition bonus items, such as pets (beta monkey included), maps, and Rings of Mara transfer over as well?

5. Will remaining game time from the PC version transfer over to the console for those not wanting to continue playing on the PC? If I have 65 days left on my PC subscription, and transfer over to a console, does that bump my remaining time up to 95 days?

6. For those wanting to keep both accounts, would you need two different subscriptions in order to play on the PC and a console?

This. I have the same questions.
    Breton Bloodmage
    Breton Templar Crusader
    Daggerfall Covenant!
  • Bluddite
    Bluddite
    Great stuff guys and (for some of us at least) a phenomenal way to turn a negative into a positive.
  • Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to add a question that probably was already asked, but what if you've canceled your sub for pc and want to restart on console? Do you qualify for the transfer if it was purchased prior to June or do you have to be actively playing until then?
  • Quilliam
    Quilliam
    IMHO

Unless people are going to be able to transfer back and forth between the platforms I think you are making a bad decision.

It seems great on paper. But the only reason I would consider going to my Xbox One is to get away from all the mistakes that slipped through the cracks.

With a new start the economy is not messed up already from the exploits and bots. Imagine a place where motifs are actually rare because the farming mechanism that slipped through has already been patched. It actually means something that you as a crafter can craft that piece.... that would be awesome.

Worth mentioning again... bots. Now they can farm away and be ready to transfer on release. I know great stride have been made but it will happen. They are like roaches you just can't kill them.

But if they could not transfer... then it probably would make life harder on them.

Now if people could go back and forth at will, then OK I would do it just because it would be fun to play on my Xbox one sometimes. And I really hope two way transfers are in the future, that would just be amazing fun.

But with one way transfers, the greatest selling point for a console purchase, that being a fresh start, is gone.
  • Musonius
    Musonius
    Makes me wonder if this is the beginning of a plan to kill off the PC/Mac version in favor of console only.
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax for a new mmo company you are doing amazing customer support all the way around. and you are really doing right by all your customers to the best of your ability. and your customer support email and phone is awesome for the most part.
    Natjur ✭✭✭
    4:24PM
    There is currently only two classes in this game, DK and Sorcs.
    Templar's and NB are just 'extras' that have not been removed yet.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few questions arise from this announcement:

6. For those wanting to keep both accounts, would you need two different subscriptions in order to play on the PC and a console?

I would love to play on both PC and PS4, I don't mind they will be separate servers, I just sometimes like to play on PS4 and other times on PC.

However I cannot justify two subs for the same game. When you look at say Sony who will be letting us play all their online PC games for just one monthly payment of $15 including EQ Next, Paying twice to keep playing the same game each month looks like a really bad deal.

But so far they have said a separate sub will be required (before todays announcement), I would have paid full price for the PS4 version and kept my characters on the PC but if I have to pay a separate sub, they loose out on a sale as I wont be buying.

They could charge a couple of £/$ more to use both systems then they would still be making extra money, but two full sub prices, no way.

• Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO on Consoles – Update. Thank you for reading!

What is the compensation PC players will receive for having to pay to beta test for console players? Paying to play a game that should not have been released for another six months. This game has been so poorly managed, I am amazed people haven't been fired over it, the CS reps spend more time giving canned responses, putting in responses that don't even relate to the issue, or just flat out ignoring tickets.

Zenimax needs to take a page from Squire Enix and put a hold on the subscription and work their asses off to fix the mess of a game they released, what they're currently doing will not garner them any loyalty or retention of subscribers if they just treat them like trash. Time is not their side new mmos show up every few months and will chip away at their subscriber base.
  • lindechene
    I would rather enjoy to play with the same character on the console and on the pc depending at which home I currently am.

If the player logs in on the console he plays with other console players.
    If the player logs in on the pc he plays with other pc players.

To compare what others did:

In Final Fantasy XIV it was even possible for pc and console players to play on the same server. A key element was nevertheless that both versions supported keyboard AND controller support.

That being said I am still waiting to be able to play the PC version with a controller...
    Edited by lindechene on May 8, 2014 7:25PM
  • leptoonb14_ESO
    Is it true that you can only have your account on either the PC, the Xbone or the PS4? If that's the case, this game is even more of a waste of money. Leave ESO in the dust and go play FFXIV. It's a MUCH better game in every single aspect.
  • atulous
    atulous
    Soul Shriven
    Not gonna lie, the 6 month delay is a bit annoying. However it is good to see that you guys do care about your customers. Thanks Zenimax. Keep up the good work, I'm loving every bit of the game.
  • Scootter
    Scootter
    ✭✭✭
    Is it true that you can only have your account on either the PC, the Xbone or the PS4? If that's the case, this game is even more of a waste of money. Leave ESO in the dust and go play FFXIV. It's a MUCH better game in every single aspect.

You would need an account on pc and on console if you want to play both. I am not really sure why you are on these forums though if you think it is a waste of money.
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭

That's a very subjective comment. For a start, they aren't even similar games in terms of direction and design philosophy. Anyone know isn't into the grind-to-max-level-then-raid type of gameplay won't like FF14. Not saying its a bad game, its just very different.

Regarding this whole $20 transfer issue, I think its a wise decision on ZOS's part. It keeps the game relevant to potential players who was waiting for a console release.

MMOs come and go constantly in the industry, you get your few weeks of fame and that's it, you're out of the limelight. If ZOS just went 'we're delaying the release for 6 months' without doing anything to keep console gamers hooked, the console release is on thin ice. It won't get much publicity, it won't get much hype, so the wise thing to do is say 'well, console isn't out yet but if you got a PC, you can still start working on your character.'

GW2, with a 90+ metascore, all that hype surrounding its release and every critic on the face of the planet (even Yahtzee said it was actually kind of fun) praising it to no end, you don't see it much in the press any more. FF14:ARR, the only MMO in released in recent years to be able to stay sub-based; we don't see much hype over its PS4 release. ESO wasn't received as well as those two, so whilst its in some sort of a spotlight, it needs to grab as many players as it can.
  • xbigpupx
    xbigpupx
    Soul Shriven
    Hey guys, console release has been moved back six months, but if you wanna play buy the PC/MAC version.

-pretty much sums it up.
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO on Consoles – Update. Thank you for reading!

What is the compensation PC players will receive for having to pay to beta test for console players? Paying to play a game that should not have been released for another six months. This game has been so poorly managed, I am amazed people haven't been fired over it, the CS reps spend more time giving canned responses, putting in responses that don't even relate to the issue, or just flat out ignoring tickets.

Zenimax needs to take a page from Squire Enix and put a hold on the subscription and work their asses off to fix the mess of a game they released, what they're currently doing will not garner them any loyalty or retention of subscribers if they just treat them like trash. Time is not their side new mmos show up every few months and will chip away at their subscriber base.

"It has become clear that our planned June release of the console versions isn’t going to be possible. Though we have made great progress, we have concluded that we’ll need about six months to ensure we deliver the experience our fans expect and deserve."

What about the experience PC players deserve?! I'll gladly play your game, I'll gladly beta test your game, but what you're currently asking is that I do so while I'm PAYING you!
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoW a shocking great move by a company. Sorry to hear about the delay it is however, nice to see a company making an offer like this for their customers.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • ethyreal
    ethyreal
    emofrog wrote: »
    Tuerai wrote: »
    The deal where existing ESO players can get ESO on XBONE or PS4 for $20 is pretty legit.
    I was secretly hoping that Consoles could use the same megaserver, so we could play on console or PC as long as we logged in, but I understand that that's a lot to ask, and would probably be really hard to implement.
    And letting people migrate their characters is amazing.
    Overall, good info.

So if it $20 does that mean it only going to be an offer for the US? Or will the UK get and equally good offer. As I would love to take my character over to the Xbox one.

£12.99 Not bad right?

• ethyreal
    ethyreal
    What about existing physical collecters editing pre-orders? I have the game on Mac/PC now, and I have had a pre-order PS4 imperial edition on amazon. Will I be able to get this at a discount now?

I just what all the physical goods man! I already have the digital Mac/PC imperial edition which I assume I can now transfer for $20 :)
  • phOnyUK
    phOnyUK
    ✭✭✭
    xCHEMISTx wrote: »
    Wow. So it is official that consoles have been delayed. I'll pass this information over to the Xbox forums then. Glad I will be able to transfer my character over to my Xbox One when it does release though. No point in rushing it if it's not ready. No shame in postponing it either.
    Thank you thank you thank you so much for this wonderful offer Zenimax! You're the best developer in the world!

erm... they released a pc version full of bugs and bots and have just delayed a console version for 6 months at least so I wouldnt go that far but a good offer...

Edited by phOnyUK on May 8, 2014 9:40PM
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    This annoucement is a misnomer: There isn't anything wrong with XBox/PS4 game. Rather they want to release the game in Q42014 for maximum holiday sales.

Given how the first month of PC sales appear to do I would probably do the same. However "lieing" about it by giving a false reason isn' the smartest PR move either.

I could make the same case about PC edition: It should have been pushed back 1-2 months given its massive bug and inbalance of first month. However they couldn't touch that date... would give wrong "signs" to the industry that they are "behind".

Alas... no matter...
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on May 8, 2014 9:59PM
    Indeed it is so...