Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you think there should be an AoE cap?

• Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I do agree with your auto-quote the only real change is that now players know.
  • UncleShags
    No
    Zolyok wrote: »
    UncleShags wrote: »
    UncleShags wrote: »
    The new ZOS reveal that most aoes currently have caps in no way counters the argument that aoe caps are bad for large scale pvp.
    Zerg busting aoes still exist on live. However OP they may be in their current form, aoes without caps perform the function of punishing the zerg blob, so of course people use them.
    Once they are gone non-blob pvp will soon follow.

Zerg busting aoe are already capped and bombers perform to blow zerg.
    No. There are several abilities that have no caps. ZOS is planning on capping them in the next patch. That's what this is all about.

I know and i know wich abilities will be capped
    The following abilities had a higher max limit than six, and have been fixed to be in-line with all other area-of-effect abilities:

Consuming Darkness (Nightblade)
    Dragonknight Standard (Dragonknight)
    Negate Magic (Sorcerer)
    Scalding Rune (Fire Rune Morph - Mages Guild)
    Soul Shatter (Soul Magic)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/89420/area-of-effect-abilities-maximum-target-cap-clarification/p1

Not as many change as expected ....
    If you know then why say, "Zerg busting aoe are already capped and bombers perform to blow zerg." Not sure you're making sense.

• mmorpgeekneb18_ESO
    Yes
    i want to play like daoc .. not like Epic fail of Gw2 ... Nerf Vamp abilities and up power cost of aoe abilitie
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    i want to play like daoc .. not like Epic fail of Gw2 ... Nerf Vamp abilities and up power cost of aoe abilitie
    And you voted Yes? You do realise that DAOC had no AoE caps and GW2 has AoE caps?
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Pryda
    Pryda
    ✭✭
    No
    umm Batswarm is capped....

And no aiming? You pretty much have to aim as much as you do in this game....Have you even played GW2?

1. So says you. Me raids get wipped over and over from that VR10 bat sh it. Just happend a few hours ago actually.

2. Me lvl 80 Mesmer would disagree with you. There is no aiming in GW2... just have target locked on screen and spam buttons away WoW style you go.

If your raid get wiped by a vampire you're just terrible at the game, just quit already.
    ...only because players like you thinks they are making bone-headed changes.

I don't like cheating, screw me right?

No you LIKE cheating... thats why you want AOE not to be capped.

Turtling isn't cheating btw... just /elitewhine from players that cannot figure it out.

BTW this "Nerd War" has been fun but I have RL duties I have to attend to within the next hour. Perhaps I will return later.

We can't figure it out but we made a video about it, sounds logic.
    Edited by Pryda on April 29, 2014 9:18AM
    Sorcerer on Auriel's Bow EU - http://www.twitch.tv/Prydatv & http://www.youtube.com/cyr9x (1-50 & VR leveling guides + PvP Videos)
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I do agree with your auto-quote the only real change is that now players know.

"only"? It's called a paradigm shift and it will change the PvP landscape considerably, like it or not. People "simply" knowing is no small change, trust me. Even with some uncapped abilities still present I foresee things changing rapidly even before the patch hits the servers.
  • torstenb16_ESO8
    No
    i'm sorry to say that it makes no sense for me to use the "Volley"Arrow Barrage now,the skill is sensless now.Also defending a keep with only a few people is sensless now or running around with only a few people, you have zerg arround with many people now, and freezing,stunning,Prolonged Suffering is sensless now too,because it makes no sense anymore to use this skills in pvp, because you have to run in a big team around.Please remove AOE Cap,it had ruined the game.Next healing cap will come,so to play a helaer makes no sensen and in the end there are only tanks and people with swords around in pvp.
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Heal is already capped ...
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

Yep, supid me standing with my templar in the breach and feeling good about healing all those troops pouring in. Except I was not. Good job on letting your player base know, so blissful of me wanting to play with the vanilla UI and trusting the devs.
    Honeymoon is over.
  • azias
    azias
    Yes
    NO ! Of course! My bad... i did a fast click and choose yes by mistake. No NO NO ! We don't want that nerf !
  • Bahriel
    Bahriel
    ✭✭
    No
    I would suggest that players put their money where their mouth is, and cancel subscriptions, all provding feedback about our unhappiness with the existence of the AoE cap.

this thing is a scourge upon mmo's and should not exist, and companies will never listen unless they are threatened on their wallet.

I will play for the remainder of my 'free' month, and I may return in the future if the AoE cap is ever completely removed.

otherwise, see those of you who may go for that in camelot unchained!
    Edited by Bahriel on April 29, 2014 11:51AM
  • moonsugar66
    moonsugar66
    ✭✭✭
    No
    umm Batswarm is capped....

And no aiming? You pretty much have to aim as much as you do in this game....Have you even played GW2?

2. Me lvl 80 Mesmer would disagree with you. There is no aiming in GW2... just have target locked on screen and spam buttons away WoW style you go.

Oh there is to aiming in GW2 says this lvl80 Grenade Specced Engineer! That skill line had GTAOE. That means you had to aim to hit something.

I too have a lvl80 Mesmer! You've conveniently forgotten that well loved ability Temporal Curtain/Into The Void, a ground target spell that you aim. Its a popular spell used for granting speed and alternately, pulling enemies down from keep walls.

Please people, stop exaggerating stuff about GW2.
    Edited by moonsugar66 on April 29, 2014 12:57PM
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    No
    So we have got 3000 ppl voted against a AOE cap and 390 for it. I guess that's kinda unambiguous direction indicator for ZOS.
  • frankuguzzb16_ESO
    No
    Cepeza wrote: »
    So we have got 3000 ppl voted against a AOE cap and 390 for it. I guess that's kinda unambiguous direction indicator for ZOS.
    I won't simply pay for the same zergfest i had in GW2...what a fail if this turns out like that!

• Aeekto
    Aeekto
    Yes

So we got someone here who doesn´t know how forums work. :wink:

If there is something to cry about a lot of people simply jump on the cry-train just for crying, since most people on forums are there with a bad mood.

People who are fine with most of the things usually never look inside forums because they keep having fun while playing... only some people from this faction are on forums to stop this crying ***, that already destroyed a lot of games.... even its a fight against windmills.

But i´m very happy that ZOS doesn´t listen to all these crying people here at the forums and stick to their vision of the game and listen to the silent majority.

• Rahoteph
    Rahoteph
    No
    One of the reasons that pushed me here from GW2 was the aoe cap. If this thing will go live, sorry, but i will cancel my subscription. gg
  • Alestair
    Alestair
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I Voted yes. I bet "Most" who voted No are the Higher VETs who like to camp the bridge near allessia with a dragonknight,templar,sorc all vamps, Rooting/stunning/AOE'ing the whole faction.. LEL..
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Aeekto wrote: »

If there is something to cry about a lot of people simply jump on the cry-train just for crying, since most people on forums are there with a bad mood.

People who are fine with most of the things usually never look inside forums because they keep having fun while playing... only some people from this faction are on forums to stop this crying ***, that already destroyed a lot of games.... even its a fight against windmills.

But i´m very happy that ZOS doesn´t listen to all these crying people here at the forums and stick to their vision of the game and listen to the silent majority.

Yeah right. Wait... what was the purpose of a forum once again? Was that all about let ppl know your opinion on something? No, can't be. There must be something else to it, right?
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Alestair wrote: »
    I Voted yes. I bet "Most" who voted No are the Higher VETs who like to camp the bridge near allessia with a dragonknight,templar,sorc all vamps, Rooting/stunning/AOE'ing the whole faction.. LEL..

I voted NO and I have a level 31 Templar that goes single target in Cyrodiil. Try harder.
  • Alestair
    Alestair
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Zargorius wrote: »

I voted NO and I have a level 31 Templar that goes single target in Cyrodiil. Try harder.

Everybody lies, You're not 31.
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

Everybody lies, You're not 31.
    Of course, you've got me. In reality I'm VR 17 and I kill puppies.
  • moonsugar66
    moonsugar66
    ✭✭✭
    No

I hear they don't acknowledge flamers and trolls either.
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    No

Silent majority = 12% of people. You heard it here first folks, math is really, really, REALLY hard.

• zoetaz1616
    zoetaz1616
    ✭✭
    No
    This will destroy PVP. Nerfing skills as a blanket solution to fixing game balance always snowballs into the destruction of the game. There are needs for tweaks here and there, but all these skills can be countered using a technique called "Tactics". I really hope this is not implemented as I will probably leave down the road as a result.
  • Aeekto
    Aeekto
    Yes
    Kiash wrote: »
    Silent majority = 12% of people. You heard it here first folks, math is really, really, REALLY hard.

Reading and understanding must be really, really, REALLY hard.

12% are only the ones that try to stop this stupid crying nonsense...
    all the others who are fine with the cap don´t even look at the forums because everything is fine and they keep playing.
    They don´t even spam everywhere "please vote bla bla cry cry" like those crybabies did the last couple days to get a lot of extra votes, so most don´t even know about this voting.

Over 90% of all people at the forums are just here for stupid crying (like in every other forum of every other game too).... nothing else... and they are only the minority of the entire playerbase.
    Edited by Aeekto on April 29, 2014 2:57PM
  • prana33b14_ESO
    prana33b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Wait wait,if anything the people wanting the cap are over represented because if you look down the posts in this very forum it is almost ALL people whining about their inability to not stand in aoe. The people that don't want caps have had to be told about it some other way and weren't already on their way to the forums to whine about "teh bad aoe that makes me have to move my character and use skills and stuff, nerf it! Johnny and Billy and the rest of us were picking our noses while Bobby went pee and this vampire keeeled us all!!!! NERF STUFF"
    Edited by prana33b14_ESO on April 29, 2014 3:00PM
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Kiash wrote: »

Reading and understanding must be really, really, REALLY hard.

12% are only the ones that try to stop this stupid crying nonsense...
    all the others who are fine with the cap don´t even look at the forums because everything is fine and they keep playing.
    They don´t even spam everywhere "please vote bla bla cry cry" like those crybabies did the last couple days to get a lot of extra votes, so most don´t even know about this voting.

Over 90% of all people at the forums are just here for stupid crying (like in every other forum of every other game too).... nothing else... and they are only the minority of the entire playerbase.

Crying =/= not wanting the game we bought broken and turned into something else entirely.

Keep on keeping on, I'm sure that 12% of people really is larger than the 88% complaining here. Somehow you'll make it add up, I believe in you!
  • Aeekto
    Aeekto
    Yes
    "teh bad aoe that makes me have to move my character and use skills and stuff, nerf it! Johnny and Billy and the rest of us were picking our noses while Bobby went pee and this vampire keeeled us all!!!! NERF STUFF"
    "teh bad aoe-cap makes me use my brain, tactics and stuff, remove it!
    Johnny and Billy and Boby can counter now my spaming broken i-win-button and i die everytime i don´t use my brain, sieges or tactics!!!! REMOVE BALANCED STUFF"

:wink:
    Edited by Aeekto on April 29, 2014 3:15PM
  • prana33b14_ESO
    prana33b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Yeah it's easier to move out of the aoe dude and the zerg has the SAME SKILLS. I mean, lol.
    Edited by prana33b14_ESO on April 29, 2014 3:15PM
  • Syndy
    Syndy
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Yep, supid me standing with my templar in the breach and feeling good about healing all those troops pouring in. Except I was not. Good job on letting your player base know, so blissful of me wanting to play with the vanilla UI and trusting the devs.
    Honeymoon is over.

If you have been healing, and did not realize there was a cap, I don't really know what to tell you. I noticed it the first Beta pvp was available in. And I don't even run in groups larger that 6 people. Just casting Healing ritual at a flag at a resource should have clued you in that there was a cap on healing.

If there is a cap on healing, there NEEDS to be a cap on the damaging side as well, anyone who says otherwise is obviously not thinking in terms of balance... Now if they remove caps all together, then i am fine with it. But when one side has caps, and some abilities on the other side does not, it's not balanced.

I would say the same thing if heals had no cap and damaging abilities did, it's not balanced.

Syndy - VR14 Breton Templar
    Sacrilege
    Daggerfall Covenant

Warhammer
    Syndia - 100 Zealot, Syndai - 99 Black Guard, Cyndrana - 84 Sorceress
This discussion has been closed.