Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you think there should be an AoE cap?

• ragamerb16_ESO
    ragamerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    PEOPLE.DIDN'T.KNEW. There was a cap. I didn't think there was a cap, my friends didn't, my guild didn't, nobody that I knew thougth there was a cap, when they said there was a cap already and a video showed confirmation of this we said a colossal "WTF?"

And what have changed? Don't you realize how silly all this whinning is?... IF NO ONE has realized the cap until now? What that means? Why I haven't seen ppl crying on corners because the "Evil Zerg" was invading ESO?

Tell me... What exactly has changed?...

...Nothing.

You can show all the manipulated videos you want... It's always the same old crap on PvP... "But! But! But! There is a video that prooves it!!!!" so it must be true...

...Pardon if I keep on doubting any kind of "analysis" coming from ppl ignoring the existance of such an important mechanic (To the point of cancelling their sub... According to some posters)...

...The fact remains that with the mechanic in place no1 seemed to have a problem with zergs anywhere... And the most common anoyances seen and reported are precissely aimed at powers WITHOUT THE CAP IN PLACE.

It's like the GW2 or DAoC memees... Ppl repeating like parrots without actually bothering to check why things worked the way it worked or the final fate of each game PvP after players "used it"... You may understand how all this sound as babies crying when you actually were there and saw the different roles different classes played and, instead of jumping into the FOTM wagon (In fact, for the ones wearing rose colored glasses... DAoC FOTM migrations could be a good case of study, tbh), you bothered playing as much types of fighters as possible to compare why ppl defended AOE builds (And how they evolved over time) and the "Zerg Myth" stopable by the "good and smart" ranged AOErs... ***... It's the same wolf with a different skin... It's the Ranged 2 button pushers trying to keep their upper hand against melees that can't help gathering around targets when they need to focus fire... That's all.
    Edited by ragamerb16_ESO on April 29, 2014 12:15AM
  • RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I just unsubscribed. Your move, Zenimax.
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    CEO & Founder of [KG] Knight Gaming
    @RivenEsq
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    RivenVII wrote: »
    I just unsubscribed. Your move, Zenimax.
    I don't blame you. It's exploit-city right now (stacking/turtling exploiting/cheating), and ZOS seems to want to encourage stacking exploiting (and is with AoE cap).
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on April 29, 2014 12:53AM
  • Aeekto
    Aeekto
    Yes
    3-4 coordinated sieges easily kill every veteran turtle raid in this game(ESO, not GW2)... and if they´re vamps they die instant.
    We have proven it many times when we defended keeps/bridges/gates/valleys with 8 people vs 60+ turtles without one single loss on our side.

Just use the terrain, coordinate your fire, distract the enemy, use some real tactics instead of mindlessly spaming.

We eat turtles for breakfast, since they´re a lot easier to kill in this game (ESO, not GW2) than zergs, that spread out.

And just a little hint:
    There is a reason for sieges with different damagetypes... they´re all "not" for breaking walls, they´re for killing people .....only the sieges with one single stone each shot are for walls.
    Coordinate them like lightning+oil+fire or any other combination and roflstomp turtles with ease (prediction is the key for wiping moving turtles).

In short:
    Take a look at "all gamemechanics" and learn how to use them right (in other words L2P) instead of crying about nonsense.
    - sieges are for wiping "raids" (no cap) - largescale-zerg-PvP
    - AOE skills are for damaging/healing "groups" (cap at 6) - smallscale-group-PvP

and the cap was already in place pre-patch, except some broken skills!
  • kunjal29rwb17_ESO
    No
    Zintair wrote: »
    Most, if not all, damage abilities at present have no AoE cap at all.

If anything is capped in this game, it just flat out CAN NOT be damaging abilities. Those are the only counters that exist to stacking up in a ball. Limiting the damage that AoE abilities can do to a VERY small cap of people in 6, and it will be Turtle Wars Online.

Many abilities that provide benefits to the caster, especially healing, per target hit can be balanced so that the healing or armor or damage buffs that those abilities give are limited to hitting only 6 players, BUT the damage on the ability has to be completely uncapped or this game will become awful.

Yeah, I will unsub. Not going to pay 15 dollars a month for Guild Wars 2 1/2.

All ZoS needs to do is a few things and PvP will be in MUCH better shape.

1.) Remove Ultimate reduction gear
    2.) Remove ability to generate Ultimate while Ultimate is active
    3.) Add Soft CC DR immunity for 2-5 secs.

This solves Bat Swarm/DK Standard issue and fixes Talons without nerfing it.

@ZoS please look into this. The abilities are not the issue it is the mechanics that power them and the ability to manipulate them via methods you have put into the game.

People see Bat Swarm and cry bloody murder but it isn't Bat Swarm that is the REAL problem here it's the ability to SPAM Ultimates.

Couldn't be more easy to see.

This^^
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ONLY PEOPLE COMPLAING ABOUT THIS ARE EXPLOITERS!

There done and said. Stop complaining about AOE already. Apparently all the top "elite guilds" with "vampires" who exploit the s hi t of this game are posting on this thread.

Comparing this to GW2 is irrelevant: This is an action-based game not nerfed WoW hotbar-style like GW2. If you want to wipe zergs you are supposed to use SEIGE WEAPONS and not random AOE things.
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on April 29, 2014 2:49AM
    Indeed it is so...
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ONLY PEOPLE COMPLAING ABOUT THIS ARE EXPLOITERS!

There done and said. Stop complaining about AOE already. Apparently all the top "elite guilds" with "vampires" who exploit the s hi t of this game are posting on this thread.

Comparing this to GW2 is irrelevant: This is an action-based game not nerfed WoW hotbar-style like GW2. If you want to wipe zergs you are supposed to use SEIGE WEAPONS and not random AOE things.

ummm...GW2 and this game are actually more similar then GW2 and WoW

and Vampires.....Batswarm is already capped...Why are you whining about Vampires?
  • skyprowerb14_ESO
    Yes
    Speaking from the perspective of someone who only plays PvP in short bursts and mostly spends time in PvE content... I say yes.

While I do dislike the sheer overpower that the current Vampire situation has, I support the AoE cap for a different reason: because it'll generally benefit smaller groups, which is where ESO really tends to shine anyway. While I like how exciting, chaotic and grand-in-scale the big PvP battles are, I find myself enjoying things a lot more when I find myself a smaller group, maybe six to twelve-sized, and we go around doing things. These are big enough to support a small-scale siege, while simultaneously being small enough that an AoE cap wouldn't affect it adversely. Clumping together to avoid an AoE attack is a bad idea when you're also stringing tanks or other enemies around, and not to mention that you could easily hit all twelve people if you had... mm, say, two archers use Volley in the same area.

An AoE cap would also make it less likely that a VR10 character could decimate a group of 24 or more other Veterans without breaking much of a sweat (and also make it so that the many, many other Veterans following said VR10 would actually be able to get some kills in). Even as a Veteran, I still had a few spots of trouble running solo through the non-Vet Banished Cells. This is a game where one character shouldn't be able to take on huge groups of enemies and win, no matter how high- or low-level they are.
    Sahraaji, Covenant Khajiit Templar, Ch90 Ranger (DPS)
    Jah'zaan, Covenant Khajiit Nightblade, Pre-Champ Acrobat (DPS)
    Cleaves-In-Two, Pact Argonian Dragonknight, Pre-Champ Mercenary (Tank)
    Cylaerin, Dominion Bosmer Sorceror, Pre-Champ Sage (Healer)
    (@SkyBlueFox1)
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

and Vampires.....Batswarm is already capped...Why are you whining about Vampires?

Because of the low ultimate cost of Vamps.. .and no it isn't capped btw.

Furthermore GW2 is a WoW clone in disguse... just nerfed hotbar action that is mobile unlike WoW's combat. There is no Skyrim-style action combat like this game has... no is their any aiming that you have to do in GW2.
    Indeed it is so...
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Because of the low ultimate cost of Vamps.. .and no it isn't capped btw.

Furthermore GW2 is a WoW clone in disguse... just nerfed hotbar action that is mobile unlike WoW's combat. There is no Skyrim-style action combat like this game has... no is their any aiming that you have to do in GW2.

umm Batswarm is capped....

And no aiming? You pretty much have to aim as much as you do in this game....Have you even played GW2?

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Speaking from the perspective of someone who only plays PvP in short bursts and mostly spends time in PvE content... I say yes.

While I do dislike the sheer overpower that the current Vampire situation has, I support the AoE cap for a different reason: because it'll generally benefit smaller groups, which is where ESO really tends to shine anyway. While I like how exciting, chaotic and grand-in-scale the big PvP battles are, I find myself enjoying things a lot more when I find myself a smaller group, maybe six to twelve-sized, and we go around doing things. These are big enough to support a small-scale siege, while simultaneously being small enough that an AoE cap wouldn't affect it adversely. Clumping together to avoid an AoE attack is a bad idea when you're also stringing tanks or other enemies around, and not to mention that you could easily hit all twelve people if you had... mm, say, two archers use Volley in the same area.

An AoE cap would also make it less likely that a VR10 character could decimate a group of 24 or more other Veterans without breaking much of a sweat (and also make it so that the many, many other Veterans following said VR10 would actually be able to get some kills in). Even as a Veteran, I still had a few spots of trouble running solo through the non-Vet Banished Cells. This is a game where one character shouldn't be able to take on huge groups of enemies and win, no matter how high- or low-level they are.

An AOE cap doesn't benefit a smaller group in anyway what so ever....That's the whole reason AoE Caps are bad..

Also your post pretty much contradicts itself.... The first part is how it helps Small Groups, the second part is about it wouldn't let smaller groups of people wipe large groups.

So either you have no idea how an AoE cap works, or you're an idiot... really that's the only two options.

• TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

And no aiming? You pretty much have to aim as much as you do in this game....Have you even played GW2?

1. So says you. Me raids get wipped over and over from that VR10 bat sh it. Just happend a few hours ago actually.

2. Me lvl 80 Mesmer would disagree with you. There is no aiming in GW2... just have target locked on screen and spam buttons away WoW style you go.
    Indeed it is so...
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

1. So says you. Me raids get wipped over and over from that VR10 bat sh it. Just happend a few hours ago actually.

2. Me lvl 80 Mesmer would disagree with you. There is no aiming in GW2... just have target locked on screen and spam buttons away WoW style you go.

1. You getting wiped because you're a herp a derp doesn't change the fact that its capped... It only works on 6 people....If 6 of you tard muffins are standing next to someone you're healing him constantly so he never dies..... Repeat till all you guys are dead.

2. ......You have no bloody clue how combat in this game works....This game has a Target lock...Just like GW2...If you swing near your target, it auto hits just like GW2 when you swing any Cleave Based weapon (Greatsword for example for Rangers/Guardians/Warriors) hell even your Knockback on Mesmer with a Greatsword works this way...
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    1. You getting wiped because you're a herp a derp doesn't change the fact that its capped... It only works on 6 people....If 6 of you tard muffins are standing next to someone you're healing him constantly so he never dies..... Repeat till all you guys are dead.

2. ......You have no bloody clue how combat in this game works....This game has a Target lock...Just like GW2...If you swing near your target, it auto hits just like GW2 when you swing any Cleave Based weapon (Greatsword for example for Rangers/Guardians/Warriors) hell even your Knockback on Mesmer with a Greatsword works this way...

1. You are forgetting the "limit" you claim exists gets reset every time someone dies. So therefore if they kill 6/6 targets teh bat *** just kills another 6/6 targets thus making the effective cap unlimited. THis allows a VR10 vampire to effectively wipe a whole raid at a choke point (by rushing the raid).

2. You are forgetting ranged combat. In GW2 all you have to do is have the enemy targeted. Here you actually have to point your bow/staff/ranged weapon somewhere in range of the enemy you cannot simply just have it targed and spam button.

Edited by TheGrandAlliance on April 29, 2014 3:15AM
    Indeed it is so...
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

1. You are forgetting the "limit" you claim exists gets reset every time someone dies. So therefore if they kill 6/6 targets teh bat *** just kills another 6/6 targets thus making the effective cap unlimited.

2. You are forgetting ranged combat. In GW2 all you have to do is have the enemy targeted. Here you actually have to point your bow/staff/ranged weapon somewhere in range of the enemy you cannot simply just have it targed and spam button.

1. I'm not forgetting the limit, Batswarm still has the limit no matter if you idiots keep dying all day long...If Batswarm didn't have a Cap..He'd just kill all of you idiots instantly for being dumb enough to stack next to a PBAE lifetap.

2. ......in GW2 if you fire your Range weapon at someone if its a Bow or a Rifle (Mesmer Greatsword Auto attack requires a Target, but still can pierce anyone who walks in front of the beam) You'll hit anyone who walks in front of the Projectile. You can actually set it up to auto target that person if your projectile hits them and you don't have a target before hand. This game has something similar, If you fire a Projectile from a bow, and it hits something, it autolocks onto via the Tab Target system.

• skyprowerb14_ESO
    Yes
    An AOE cap doesn't benefit a smaller group in anyway what so ever....That's the whole reason AoE Caps are bad..

Also your post pretty much contradicts itself.... The first part is how it helps Small Groups, the second part is about it wouldn't let smaller groups of people wipe large groups.

So either you have no idea how an AoE cap works, or you're an idiot... really that's the only two options.

My post supports the ability for small groups to take down larger ones. It does not support one person taking down large groups.

I base this off of what I experienced in PvP yesterday, when one single VR10 utterly devastated, as I said, a large group of other Veterans. That's bad. There were other people in his faction behind him, but they did not lift a finger to help him bulldoze his opponents. They mostly picked off a few stragglers who were riding in after the slaughter had ended.

That's why I support an AoE cap. It would enforce far more tactical and strategic thinking when it came to building groups, as well as decisions in the middle of battles. If you have a group of 10 dual-wield DPS characters and two healers, you're probably going to get slaughtered, and rightfully so. If you have a balanced, well-designed team, maybe some tanks, some healers, a few DPS, and maybe two offensive mages, then that's something that would be ready to take on most situations. So if you have three healers each cast a buff that has an AoE cap of two, they've just buffed half the team. They cast it a second time, the whole team's buffed.

I want to see some actual thought put into planning strategies on how to deal with something. Most of the time I don't, both whenever I'm in groups attacking places or defending places.
    Sahraaji, Covenant Khajiit Templar, Ch90 Ranger (DPS)
    Jah'zaan, Covenant Khajiit Nightblade, Pre-Champ Acrobat (DPS)
    Cleaves-In-Two, Pact Argonian Dragonknight, Pre-Champ Mercenary (Tank)
    Cylaerin, Dominion Bosmer Sorceror, Pre-Champ Sage (Healer)
    (@SkyBlueFox1)
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes it hits things in its way... but that isn' the issue.

In GW2 all you have to do is have your character facing foward at teh target and press a button. Here you have to hold down mouse button, aim, and shoot and make sure you don't loose the target. Aiming reqiures that you are somewhat close to the target when releasing key.

In GW2 it is "Fire and forget" style combat: Press a mouse button and forget where your aiming. Here it is "action based"... you actually have to target something the whole time.

BTW I use scept/gun and staff in GW2... no greatswords.
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on April 29, 2014 3:26AM
    Indeed it is so...
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

My post supports the ability for small groups to take down larger ones. It does not support one person taking down large groups.

I base this off of what I experienced in PvP yesterday, when one single VR10 utterly devastated, as I said, a large group of other Veterans. That's bad. There were other people in his faction behind him, but they did not lift a finger to help him bulldoze his opponents. They mostly picked off a few stragglers who were riding in after the slaughter had ended.

That's why I support an AoE cap. It would enforce far more tactical and strategic thinking when it came to building groups, as well as decisions in the middle of battles. If you have a group of 10 dual-wield DPS characters and two healers, you're probably going to get slaughtered, and rightfully so. If you have a balanced, well-designed team, maybe some tanks, some healers, a few DPS, and maybe two offensive mages, then that's something that would be ready to take on most situations. So if you have three healers each cast a buff that has an AoE cap of two, they've just buffed half the team. They cast it a second time, the whole team's buffed.

I want to see some actual thought put into planning strategies on how to deal with something. Most of the time I don't, both whenever I'm in groups attacking places or defending places.

No....What will happen is you're going to across a larger group, and they're going to roll over you....

Its like none of you have a concept of how Zerg Wiping works with Small Groups.

Small Groups don't survive against Zergs by focus firing 1 person at a time..small groups survive against Zergs by wiping a large number of them at the start of the fight, then focus firing the people left.

Here is what's going to happen to your Tanks at the start of the fight...They're going to hit by 10 people, all at once and since they pretty much have to be blocking so they don't die instantly, All their Stamina is going to be instantly drained in a matter of seconds. Then they won't have any stamina to block, and no amount of healing will save them. Your Mages/and whatever DPS you have will probably actually die about the same time, well i'll say whatever Melee dps you have will..The Mages can still port around as much as possible to avoid death but will die soon afterwards.. and then your healers will die last...

now the zerg may mix it up every now and again, Hell they might even AOE you down, since you have what? 8 to 12 people at most in your fictional tale of badassery? That means all their AOE's will hit a larger portion of your people then your will of the Zerg...therefor they probably won't even bother single targetting you, and will instead just wipe you at the start.

Congrats..You've just been told what its like to play Guild Wars 2 and now ESO
    Edited by Xsorus on April 29, 2014 3:31AM
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    There is nothing wrong with GW2's mechanics in this sense btw. Saying that a small group of VR10s should hold back an entire zerg is /elitewhine. Elite guild's need to stop boasting about how they go 1v100 and then complain when something is done about it.
    Indeed it is so...
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    There is nothing wrong with GW2's mechanics in this sense btw. Saying that a small group of VR10s should hold back an entire zerg is /elitewhine. Elite guild's need to stop boasting about how they go 1v100 and then complain when something is done about it.

i don't know anyone who's gone 1vs100 and won..

it seems a few idiots like yourself have gotten 1vs20.. but that has nothing to do with the Cap since that ability is Capped at 6 anyway

Edited by Xsorus on April 29, 2014 3:35AM
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    No
    PEOPLE.DIDN'T.KNEW. There was a cap. I didn't think there was a cap, my friends didn't, my guild didn't, nobody that I knew thougth there was a cap, when they said there was a cap already and a video showed confirmation of this we said a colossal "WTF?"

And what have changed? Don't you realize how silly all this whinning is?... IF NO ONE has realized the cap until now? What that means? Why I haven't seen ppl crying on corners because the "Evil Zerg" was invading ESO?

Tell me... What exactly has changed?...

...Nothing.

You can show all the manipulated videos you want... It's always the same old crap on PvP... "But! But! But! There is a video that prooves it!!!!" so it must be true...

...Pardon if I keep on doubting any kind of "analysis" coming from ppl ignoring the existance of such an important mechanic (To the point of cancelling their sub... According to some posters)...

...The fact remains that with the mechanic in place no1 seemed to have a problem with zergs anywhere... And the most common anoyances seen and reported are precissely aimed at powers WITHOUT THE CAP IN PLACE.

It's like the GW2 or DAoC memees... Ppl repeating like parrots without actually bothering to check why things worked the way it worked or the final fate of each game PvP after players "used it"... You may understand how all this sound as babies crying when you actually were there and saw the different roles different classes played and, instead of jumping into the FOTM wagon (In fact, for the ones wearing rose colored glasses... DAoC FOTM migrations could be a good case of study, tbh), you bothered playing as much types of fighters as possible to compare why ppl defended AOE builds (And how they evolved over time) and the "Zerg Myth" stopable by the "good and smart" ranged AOErs... ***... It's the same wolf with a different skin... It's the Ranged 2 button pushers trying to keep their upper hand against melees that can't help gathering around targets when they need to focus fire... That's all.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

What changed?
    Well let me explain how ESO was before this patch...
    No where it was said that there was already a cap, no one knew or thought there was a cap, this game was marketed as "spiritual successor" of DAoC, basically the majority of the people was saying this, the players the reviewers, etc, there was no proof and no dev specifically stating that there was a cap or not, they would give vague answers on the matter, like here.

Then when beta started people would go into AvA thinking there was no cap, thinking that clumping together was begging to be AoE'd to death, so you could see people shouting to each other "don't clump up", "spread out or you will die", "one Nova and you are all dead". The fact that there was no AoE cap was "confirmed" by how a DK could simply rush in the middle of a zerg, pop talons and a standard and watch everyone die, thats what caused the confusion, why would you think that having no AoE cap would be a bug? It was "proved" by a few "bugged" skills that there was no AoE cap, the zerg fight is hectic and noone bothered to confirm the cap with other skills, there was little feedback to tell you how many targets you are hitting, unlike GW2 where you can see you are hitting exactly 5 targets, in ESO you can only watch the enemy health bars get smaller while he gets healed and damaged by uncountable number of other skills.

We all assumed there was no cap and acted accordingly, we would spread out and avoid at all cost clumping up, lest a dragonkinght rush us and talon+standard us to death. Thats why there were cries for nerfs on those skills, they were far more effective at wiping zergs because they had no cap.

Yes, the video was a setup, a setup so they can show how effective turtling is. But look at 1:26 of the video, do you think it should be possible for two groups of players just sit there AoEing each other until the healers run out of magicka and they all die?

Look at this other video http://www.twitch.tv/prydatv/c/4091868. What are they doing? Clumping up, healing each other and rushing the enemies that are scattered around, this video made me fell like ESO is GW2 with a different skin. At 3:13, a ballista gets put down by the enemy, it fires once, barely damages the zerg and it gets rushed, and more siege at 16:05 that gets rushed with no visible impact because the zerg is just too mobile. You really want this to become Elder Siege Online? The only way to crack a turtling zerg is siege? Really?

How do you stop a turtling zerg? CC? Nope, it's capped. Pure damage? With AoE capped good luck in damaging more than they can heal? Siege? Clucky, slow as a snail and easily rushable and destroyed siege? Waste of Alliance Points. Sheer numbers? Thats one answer. Stand still and aoe them and pray their healers run out of magicka befor yours? Thats the other answer.
    Edited by RaZaddha on April 29, 2014 3:36AM
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    RaZaddha wrote: »
    You really want this to become Elder Siege Online? The only way to crack a turtling zerg is siege? Really?

Yes... That is how real life works btw.

Granted seige are only effective vs non VR... but the solution is to bolster their powre and make is % based damage vs absolute.

Called (pardon the spelling): 1. Galltion guns, 2. Cannons, 3. mobile art, 4. Trebs

Seige IRL is designed to break up hordes not exploting of some magical concept of AoE in a video game. There is no "AoE" in real life btw. Some warrior tank cannot just rush in and kill everythign in his path. He can only "move so much" and will get stuck if he charges in too far.

The /elitewhine continues on this one...

Edited by TheGrandAlliance on April 29, 2014 3:41AM
    Indeed it is so...
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Spot on post @RaZaddha!

This change will ruin PvP, and even screws up a lot of PvE abilities, and doesn't actually fix any of the problems people were complaining about (i.e., bat swarm = already capped to 6 in live right now).

I love this game, I don't want to see it gutted like so many before it with constant changes for the worse.

It seems like every MMO company these days shows a great game in beta and then ruins it with bone-headded changes immediately after release. Practically bait-and-switch.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on April 29, 2014 3:42AM
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It seems like every MMO company these days shows a great game in beta and then ruins it with bone-headded changes immediately after release. Practically bait-and-switch.

...only because players like you thinks they are making bone-headed changes.
    Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on April 29, 2014 4:38AM
    Indeed it is so...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the news that an AoE cap has been patched into the PTS server, I am terrified for the future of this game.
    The AoE cap has always been in the game ...
    ;-)
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

I don't like cheating, screw me right?
    SirAndy wrote: »
    With the news that an AoE cap has been patched into the PTS server, I am terrified for the future of this game.
    The AoE cap has always been in the game ...
    ;-)

You do realize that doesn't mean anything? Now that people KNOW there is a cap they will abuse the cap by turtling. Duurrrrhhhhhhh.

It's amazing how many need the obvious spelled out for them explicitly.
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    No
    RaZaddha wrote: »
    You really want this to become Elder Siege Online? The only way to crack a turtling zerg is siege? Really?

Yes... That is how real life works btw.

Granted seige are only effective vs non VR... but the solution is to bolster their powre and make is % based damage vs absolute.

Called (pardon the spelling): 1. Galltion guns, 2. Cannons, 3. mobile art, 4. Trebs

Seige IRL is designed to break up hordes not exploting of some magical concept of AoE in a video game. There is no "AoE" in real life btw. Some warrior tank cannot just rush in and kill everythign in his path. He can only "move so much" and will get stuck if he charges in too far.

The /elitewhine continues on this one...

http://beforeitsnews.com/contributor/upload/30080/images/fullretard.jpg

How fun and skillfull it is to just sit back and spam one skill and expect a zerg to die. Oh wait, isn't that what you guys are complaining? That one guy can walk around and AoE you to death with one skill? Now the only way to crack a zerg is sit down with your ballista and from far away press one button to wipe the enemy. Oh wait, siege is slow as hell and you can only take one shot before being rushed. GG

Btw, theres AoE on real life, some of them are called "grenades", they are used for "flushing" the enemy from their positions, you are not supposed to see a grenade drop besides you and pray that your healer haven't run out of magicka yet. You know, people didn't really use siege on EVERY SINGLE FIGHT on the middle ages, they used it more to take castles and etc., which is kinda the technological setting this game derives upon.
    Edited by RaZaddha on April 29, 2014 3:54AM
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I don't like cheating, screw me right?

No you LIKE cheating... thats why you want AOE not to be capped.

Turtling isn't cheating btw... just /elitewhine from players that cannot figure it out.

BTW this "Nerd War" has been fun but I have RL duties I have to attend to within the next hour. Perhaps I will return later.
    Indeed it is so...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how many need the obvious spelled out for them explicitly.
    It's amazing how many people can play a game for weeks or even months and not realize how some of the most basic functionality works.

Y'all must be really confused right about now ... ;-)
This discussion has been closed.