Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Major issues with the game - by Angry Joe

• kreekitb16_ESO
    kreekitb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i am often wondering about 1 Thing actually... All You People commenting about how bad this game is and what else you dont like in the Game, how it is handled and so on.

Why dont you just leave? or is anyone forcing you to Play it?
    Just take your hat and leave... actually quite easy Thing to do if you hate and despise the game as much as you state.

Fanboy Comments incomming! :o

Yes, i know Quests dont work, Skills dont work like they should and so on, still i am having a blast playing. Encounter a broken Quest? Report and ignore it till it is fixed.
    Dupers screwing you up? ahem, well, they have more resources to spend in game than you now... Are you heading to the next Millionaire and moan about the fact that he got more Money than you? And i "think" those Cheaters are getting banned and their duped items deleted or whatever. Might be wrong, i do not care really...

You are not contributing anything with your attitude, you just annoy People around you! (meaning the People on the Forums here :o ).
    So man the *** up and leave .. try to find a game you like. Tetris perhaps? isnt it 25years now? Should give it a try... might be cool playing such a Good game
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keffertjes wrote: »
    i remember a video from like 2 months ago saying wauw ESO rocks. Guess what this is wut you get when you make reviews of an unfinished game you will get dissapointed when it comes out.

The graphic point==>evryone that played oblivion in the days knows better i think,i choose content over graphics any day if you dont well you should go work at EA they like to make there game *NICE* not *GOOD*

and why does the biggest point get neglected or better said put beside,the dupe glitch who cares right http://pastebin.com/dkx2cRDj Wipe all plzz
    That original video of his was one of the reasons I decided to buy the game. It was one of the few positive reviews of the beta in which I was to busy to participate. I can't even begin to comprehend the amount of BS he spews in this new video.

ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do people lack any sense of self worth? Who gives a kwama egg about this angry jojo, whomsoever he may be..let alone his 'critique'..

You are a paying, playing customer..use your underdeveloped grey matter and form your own opinion, based on your very own experiences..and allow for others to have the capability to do so as well..

If you are unable to, you are in The.Wrong.Game.
    Pride, honour and purity
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Someone should review his review style.

The video would be at least 10 times more scathing than this poor attempt at capturing the essence of ESO. No offense Joe.

• ashley-jamesb16_ESO
    i am often wondering about 1 Thing actually... All You People commenting about how bad this game is and what else you dont like in the Game, how it is handled and so on.

Just take your hat and leave... actually quite easy Thing to do if you hate and despise the game as much as you state.

Yes, i know Quests dont work, Skills dont work like they should and so on, still i am having a blast playing. Encounter a broken Quest? Report and ignore it till it is fixed.
    Dupers screwing you up? ahem, well, they have more resources to spend in game than you now... Are you heading to the next Millionaire and moan about the fact that he got more Money than you? And i "think" those Cheaters are getting banned and their duped items deleted or whatever. Might be wrong, i do not care really...

You are not contributing anything with your attitude, you just annoy People around you! (meaning the People on the Forums here :o ).
    So man the *** up and leave .. try to find a game you like. Tetris perhaps? isnt it 25years now? Should give it a try... might be cool playing such a Good game

No you aren't forcing me to play it but until my 30 days are up i will carry on pointing out the problems i have had since i payed for a game that has some truly huge issues, might as well get my money's worth.
  • Grenoir
    Grenoir
    I personally don't like AJ that much. But the video is actually constructive and mostly to the point just skip the first minute. HE IS right! And I started realizing how this game is a money grab and I am not even talking about real money I am talking about in game money. Anyway all the issues he touches upon are true.
    The main flaw is that the game is empty and has no feel of combined effort for a better experience (play with others). So yeah thank you for a good coast ride ZOS but it starts to crumble as I reach the first (free) month and I have already cancelled ;)
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    If monster will drop too much gold when killed it would be full of boters for gold. look at diablo 3. I'm lvl49 and I've made well over 120k...
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you aren't forcing me to play it but until my 30 days are up i will carry on pointing out the problems i have had since i payed for a game that has some truly huge issues, might as well get my money's worth.

Huge issues LOL

Well, thank god your 30 days are almost over, so you can go and have a free, happy life!
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you are trolling, on the new player forums. If you are not here to answer new player questions what could your motives be? You know I personally haven't had any problems. I hope in 5years you look back and realize all this complaining didn't do you any good. Leave if you aren't happy or do you delight in spreading misery? The only minds you will change are those to weak to make up their own.
  • fredarbonab14_ESO
    fredarbonab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ~Angry~ Joe? What the hell does he have to be mad about anyway? Just the name speaks volumes of the pomposity of him and his followers.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~Angry~ Joe? What the hell does he have to be mad about anyway? Just the name speaks volumes of the pomposity of him and his followers.

Funnily enough, if you watch some of his videos he is usually quite happy.

But I suppose calling himself "sometimes I get slightly annoyed Joe" is a bit of a mouthful.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funnily enough, if you watch some of his videos he is usually quite happy.

But I suppose calling himself "sometimes I get slightly annoyed Joe" is a bit of a mouthful.

And wouldn't net him 10% of 'followers'.

He caters to the bro-CoD kid with low IQ and no self esteem. That says it all
    Edited by mutharex on April 22, 2014 11:13AM
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fair assesment.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Draxinusom
    Draxinusom
    ✭✭✭
    You know, there's 2 kinds of MMOs: Those that people complain about and those that nobody plays.
  • FezzikVizzini
    FezzikVizzini
    ✭✭✭
    Csub wrote: »

I never ever will base trying a game on reviews as I haven`t done for a very long time now, no matter how (in)famous the reviewer is.

Excellent. May I then in that case ask if you would be willing to take the following off my hands at a very reasonable price (or even free if need be)

Aliens: Colonial Marines, Ride To Hell: Retribution and Day One: Garry’s Incident.

I can see that as a true and discerning purchaser of video games who would not dream of reading a review these games will appeal to you.

Jeez, I have ended up with a lot of utter crap games when reviewers have said they were actually OK without getting ones that 90% say are bad.

Oh, ps. - I haven't actually got those 3 games. Just thought I had better point that out.
    Yeah, I got a PC. I just don't feel the need to post it's specifications for an ego boost.
  • ashley-jamesb16_ESO
    mutharex wrote: »

Huge issues LOL

Well, thank god your 30 days are almost over, so you can go and have a free, happy life!

So waiting for several hours for an access code isn't an issue or the lag when playing where i end up dead or the loss of sound with the npc's are talking or the falling through the game world, or the animations that work but don't produce any affect on the world around you or the being in a dungeon and the passives stop working (one of my favorites, really helpful to the group when on a boss)

No none of these are issues at all, you might be having a wonderful problem free experience but for me these are game breaking so yes huge issues, but then again i don't like handing over my hard earned money and then getting asked to bend over for zenimax while they carryon trying to figure out what the problems are.

So yep going to point out these problems i have experienced so others can hopefully avoid paying a fortune for a game with these problems.

• nekrosis258
    fanboys need to stfu and open your eyes
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliens: Colonial Marines, Ride To Hell: Retribution and Day One: Garry’s Incident.

I did buy Aliens: Colonial Marines and Garry's Incident.

I was going by the "what's the worst that could happen" mind set ..... I soon found out.
  • kreekitb16_ESO
    kreekitb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You Point These Problems out here on the Forums, you do that ingame too? i mean, doing it where actually People who can do something about it will read them??

Coming here to the Forums is just whine / Whine / whine.

NOONE who is going to get the game will Review anything in (on?) this Forum.
    Know why? Either they want to get it or not... IF you have to ask some almighty Youtube God/Reviewer about your own tastes... well then i might have some bad News for you. Which i am not going to write here :o
    Getting warnings from the Staff already because i "might" have offended some 30-dayers...
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    Wow guys, this should not turn out to be flame wars. I believe all of us here want TESO to succeed yes? Joe may present his critics in a more exaggerated way that make some of you dislike him or anything similar but if you could look past that, you may see that he did bring up some valid points.

Examples

-Why should Imperial race be included in the $20 bundle instead of have it in game like the rest of the races?

-The quests aren't really group friendly and kinda defeat the purpose of grouping other than kill some tough bosses

-Some boss respawns become target of farmers who kill the bosses so fast that it would be hard for others to complete(he showed one example in the video)

-Some in game animations look clunky

-Some game breaking bugs(they are being fixed as we speak)

And so on...

Furthermore, please don't be quick to judge someone who happen to agree with what Joe's presenting to be claimed as his followers, that's just not right and will likely to invite flame wars like this.

In summary, this game needs work and I believe with our help, Zenimax could improve this game better :)

Thanks
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • deadpoetic6
    Wow the amount of butthurt blind fanboi here is amazing. He makes some really valid points.
  • AlchemyDevil
    AlchemyDevil
    ✭✭✭
    Wow the amount of butthurt blind fanboi here is amazing. He makes some really valid points.

So True.

• Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "fanboys" is the point where one should stop bothering reading and forget what they read that far. It is like "but", you can write anything you want but as soon as "but" appears, what you wrote before becomes meaningless. Except "fanboys" renders the following stuff meaningless too.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭

He brings up certain points that we are all aware of but he responds to them like a 5 year old who can't understand their homework and blames the teacher. There are certain things in the game that are being worked on but AJ is too self-absorbed as a reviewer to respond to them logically.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • BETAOPTICS
    BETAOPTICS
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is that many players here seem to forget that he makes those videos like that for a reason. Even good games get shred upon and he brings all the negativity from the game and puts them in these reviews accompanied with few of the very good points of the games.

The reason behind this is not to be incredibly objective, but to bring forth all the issues there are so that the company can see what points they need to pay attention to. All the good things he left out, well they are good enough or that is what I like to think.

Yes, there are some misguided and outdated information there, but you have to give them proper attention levels. It doesn't mean that just because you happen to like the game and because not all the points being made are 100% that it somehow invalidates what he is saying.

But of course there will be fanboys, there always will be and that is fine, but know this that professionals in the industry have been interviewed about who are their best fans and their best fans are those that are constructive. Say good and bad about the game and try their best to help the developers.

The worst are the ones that do not give any insight about the game other than it is perfect. You can't grab onto that, you can not fix something if you don't know it is broken.
  • kreekitb16_ESO
    kreekitb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I really try to understand you, but i dont get it.. you are coming here with the sole purpose of commenting on something you wont Play / Buy /whatever.

You doing this in RL too? Going to your next car dealer and moan there that their cars are ***? even without owning one of that brand? Because the Interwebz said so!

Please help me here to understand your desire for doing this?
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 22, 2014 3:21PM
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BETAOPTICS wrote: »
    The thing is that many players here seem to forget that he makes those videos like that for a reason. Even good games get shred upon and he brings all the negativity from the game and puts them in these reviews accompanied with few of the very good points of the games.

The reason behind this is not to be incredibly objective, but to bring forth all the issues there are so that the company can see what points they need to pay attention to. All the good things he left out, well they are good enough or that is what I like to think.

Yes, there are some misguided and outdated information there, but you have to give them proper attention levels. It doesn't mean that just because you happen to like the game and because not all the points being made are 100% that it somehow invalidates what he is saying.

But of course there will be fanboys, there always will be and that is fine, but know this that professionals in the industry have been interviewed about who are their best fans and their best fans are those that are constructive. Say good and bad about the game and try their best to help the developers.

The worst are the ones that do not give any insight about the game other than it is perfect. You can't grab onto that, you can not fix something if you don't know it is broken.

No, the worst are the ones that will whine day after day over some obsession of his/hers or about some facet of the gameplay without giving any constructive criticism.

Sorry but "big pile of crap" or "buggy mess and clunky" aren't constructive, just saying.

At the end of the day, someone who believes that a game company is going to work better and faster if you keep on whining on the same issues and insulting anyone who doesn't agree, needs to see a doctor
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent. May I then in that case ask if you would be willing to take the following off my hands at a very reasonable price (or even free if need be)

I can see that as a true and discerning purchaser of video games who would not dream of reading a review these games will appeal to you.

Jeez, I have ended up with a lot of utter crap games when reviewers have said they were actually OK without getting ones that 90% say are bad.

Oh, ps. - I haven't actually got those 3 games. Just thought I had better point that out.

I'm not sure what point it is you think you're making, but you should be aware that just because one is a gamer does not mean one purchases and plays every single game that comes out.

I mean, game genres exist for a reason...
  • ashley-jamesb16_ESO

Huge issues LOL

So waiting for several hours for an access code isn't an issue or the lag when playing where i end up dead or the loss of sound with the npc's are talking or the falling through the game world, or the animations that work but don't produce any affect on the world around you or the being in a dungeon and the passives stop working (one of my favorites, really helpful to the group when on a boss)

No none of these are issues at all, you might be having a wonderful problem free experience but for me these are game breaking so yes huge issues, but then again i don't like handing over my hard earned money and then getting asked to bend over for zenimax while they carryon trying to figure out what the problems are.

So yep going to point out these problems i have experienced so others can hopefully avoid paying a fortune for a game with these problems.

No, you are right, I haven't had any of those issues. Guess being you must be hard. Being me is super awesome. Now, your REAL problems seem to be attitude related, maybe immaturity, who knows, but your reaction and the petty 'revenge' of trolling the forum to scare potential customers away, well that's way beyond pathetic, sorry

Of course you are absolutely right i bow to your infinite wisdom of blindly allowing ppl to spend money on a game that has these issues just because you think that either these problems aren't affecting ppl or that you are truly so blinded by the fact it's an Eso game that no matter what problems ppl point out it's far easier to make snide comments about these issues.

That is what is truly pathetic.

• Bunk
    Bunk
    ✭✭✭
    From the same man who named Guild Wars 2 as GOTY 2012 (and then stopped playing it like 2 weeks after release)
    From the same man whose first game was on the Xbox
    From the same man who self-identifies as a SJW (lol)

Thank you, Perturbed Pedro, for another fantastic video. I give this review a 9/10. It's pretty good.
    idiot