Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Major issues with the game - by Angry Joe

• Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not part of the IE. It's part of the pre-order code. Which are still around and being sold for a considerable less amount than the IE. The IE gets you Imperial only, not the race/faction unlock for all other races.

Edit: crucial 'not' missing
    Edited by Nazon_Katts on April 22, 2014 8:28AM
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • kreekitb16_ESO
    kreekitb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @FezzikVizzini You fail at reading and comprehending... playing as any race in every alliance was a pre -order perk for all Editions.
    Buying an Imperial Edition NOW doesnt give you that feat.

As it is now YOU CANNOT BUY ANYTHING TO PLAY AS ANY CHAR IN ANY ALLIANCE. so Please learn to read yourself first, before trying to argue about something you clearly didnt read...

And yes, i know that you can Play in any Alliance you want AS AN IMPERIAL! Doesnt mean you can Play an Altmer in Ebonheart.

As for the Horse comparison... yepp i do that all the time too, comparing a Ferrari to a Audi. YOu can get both in red Color! omg why the Price Difference!!!
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FezzikVizzini You fail at reading and comprehending... playing as any race in every alliance was a pre -order perk for all Editions.
    Buying an Imperial Edition NOW doesnt give you that feat.

As it is now YOU CANNOT BUY ANYTHING TO PLAY AS ANY CHAR IN ANY ALLIANCE. so Please learn to read yourself first, before trying to argue about something you clearly didnt read...

And yes, i know that you can Play in any Alliance you want AS AN IMPERIAL! Doesnt mean you can Play an Altmer in Ebonheart.

As for the Horse comparison... yepp i do that all the time too, comparing a Ferrari to a Audi. YOu can get both in red Color! omg why the Price Difference!!!

While you are right, you can still purchase the Explorer Pack from some online retailers (the ones who sell CD-KEYS). Friend of mine got it last week
  • FezzikVizzini
    FezzikVizzini
    ✭✭✭
    My bad. Yep I am an idiot. I saw you could still buy it and assumed it still had that part available.

So yes, I totally accept I was a fool there.
    Yeah, I got a PC. I just don't feel the need to post it's specifications for an ego boost.
  • Taven
    Taven
    ✭✭✭
    Is level 9>Complains it isn't hard enough.

Get to VR bro. Actually try and play the game and then do a review
    Edited by Taven on April 22, 2014 8:39AM
  • kreekitb16_ESO
    kreekitb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @FezzikVizzine Apologie accepted :) , Play the game and have :)

Still dont get the fuzz about the Horses actually... the 42k ones are better. Firend just bought one yesterday at lvl27 or lvl28? ... he wanted a black one :)

So the only Thing i have about my White Horse atm: Look at mah Horse! Mah Horse is amazing! :)
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    The rage against Joe is amazing, when he recommended the game on his previous video, people didn't point out how he glossed over many of the problems the game launched with, now that he points them out, people are all angry. Figures.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left_Hand wrote: »
    The rage against Joe is amazing, when he recommended the game on his previous video, people didn't point out how he glossed over many of the problems the game launched with, now that he points them out, people are all angry. Figures.

You can choose to manipulate reality as you wish, but fact stays that people thought Angry Joe was an angry little **** even before. You and other whiners seem to be the only people giving this nerd any credibility. You know, with all the bullcrap he spews during the video and he not even being in VRs?

But hey, whatever makes you feel ok
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

You can choose to manipulate reality as you wish, but fact stays that people thought Angry Joe was an angry little **** even before. You and other whiners seem to be the only people giving this nerd any credibility. You know, with all the bullcrap he spews during the video and he not even being in VRs?

Are you playing the same broken mess of a game that the rest of us are? A game where the economy is now a non existent thing, where new dupes and exploits pop up on a daily basis, where group content doesnt work with broken loot tables/systems and exp? Where European players are forced to play with ridiculous latencies and maintenance times?

If you ask me, Angry Joe was too soft on the game. ESO should never have launched in the state it was, especially when players were pointing out the problems we are facing now during the beta and Zenimax did nothing to address them, like the Dupe that had been available since beta and through launch.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you playing the same broken mess of a game that the rest of us are? A game where the economy is now a non existent thing, where new dupes and exploits pop up on a daily basis, where group content doesnt work with broken loot tables/systems and exp? Where European players are forced to play with ridiculous latencies and maintenance times?

If you ask me, Angry Joe was too soft on the game. ESO should never have launched in the state it was, especially when players were pointing out the problems we are facing now during the beta and Zenimax did nothing to address them, like the Dupe that had been available since beta and through launch.

Apparently not, like most other people I know I am playing a game with a few bugs that don't impede my progression. Thank God there is no global AH so the dupe effect is... almost zero? But hey, you wanna be angry, be angry. i am sure if we all start posting troll and whine threads the game's supposed game breaking bugs will be fixed a lot faster!

Ah and I am european, you might want to either get a decent PC/connection or wait till they open the EU DC.

if this is your first MMO launch, do us all a favour, just change genre
  • Humor
    Humor
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't this the guy who worshiped this game a while ago during Beta Stages? You know AFTER the first video he made that was pretty much similar to this one, stating it was bad?

And if I remember correctly he even said he loved the Aldmeri Dominion quests too, because they were all bunched together.

Surely if he can't figure out what the hell he's talking about, no one else can. I find it funny that he can herd sheep so easily.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humor wrote: »
    Isn't this the guy who worshiped this game a while ago during Beta Stages? You know AFTER the first video he made that was pretty much similar to this one, stating it was bad?

And if I remember correctly he even said he loved the Aldmeri Dominion quests too, because they were all bunched together.

Surely if he can't figure out what the hell he's talking about, no one else can. I find it funny that he can herd sheep so easily.

Guy is a clown that's why all the trolls on this forum love him, because makes them look almost believable
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch some of Joe's videos for the same reason I watch Zero Punctuation ..... for a giggle.

Sometimes he does one that amuses me.

However I take him about as seriously as I once took one of my kids when they told me that when they grow up they are going to be a Transformer, turn into a rocket and fly to the moon.

He made a point about bugs which is nothing we didn't already know and then he waffled a load of absolute bulls manure.

Then again, i'm not one of his followers so i'm not his target audience.

I say followers and I mean it literally. A friend of mine linked me to one of his live streams during a beta and he had a small army of people following him. It was sad to watch.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love to watch Angry Joe's video's, but i don't agree with him most of the time. I also loved Colonial Marines. And i didn't like Bioshock. But still, he is fun to watch.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • AlchemyDevil
    AlchemyDevil
    ✭✭✭
    Glad he was honest about the games current condition, hopefully it will deter a lot of people from buying it until they fix the numerous issues the game has. If more celebrity types like Joe and Force that have a large fan bases point out what most of us see every day, Zenimax will be more likely to address these issues faster instead of focusing on new content. Only fan boy's try to defend this games current condition, the rest of us hope and pray that the game gets some much needed polish and fixing, so it can truly be the game most of us hoped it would be.
    Edited by AlchemyDevil on April 22, 2014 10:24AM
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fanboi's

I know i've said it before but it needs saying again.

Stop it with this, seriously.

It makes you look foolish saying it and people will instantly dismiss anything you have to say regardless of how accurate it may be.

And with that, this forum needs an ignore button.
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭

Apparently not, like most other people I know I am playing a game with a few bugs that don't impede my progression. Thank God there is no global AH so the dupe effect is... almost zero? But hey, you wanna be angry, be angry. i am sure if we all start posting troll and whine threads the game's supposed game breaking bugs will be fixed a lot faster!

Ah and I am european, you might want to either get a decent PC/connection or wait till they open the EU DC.

Impeded progression? A good number of people couldn't even complete the main quest until recently.

The duping bug not only affected the economy but the pvp itself, you could dupe siege weapons indefinitely, so thank god for that.

I've been submitting tickets since the beta, for many of the same bugs i still see ingame, with no effort from Zenimax to fix them before release apparently, so dont take the high stand of "making wine and toll threads" when players have been making an effort to inform Zenimax and to no effect.

And no, my connection is fine, i have played countless other mmo's without lag problems because their developers have had the presence of mind to release them with European servers... in europe. Playing pvp in the european mega server is a mess due to lag, Zenimax should have known better, but cutting costs for release seemed to be the mantra they were following at corporate.
  • LarZen
    LarZen
    ✭✭✭
    Best review I have seen so far. I agree with about 90% of what he says and feels about the game.
  • Athise
    Athise
    I hate you Angry Joe !!! your last glimpse of hope for this game made me buy this piece of crap... You took to long with the review!
    I can only angree with everything he's pointing out , except that the pvp is good because it sucks according to me.
    Ah well this was probably my last mmo, it seems noone can make a good mmorpg anymore.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Impeded progression? A good number of people couldn't even complete the main quest until recently.

The duping bug not only affected the economy but the pvp itself, you could dupe siege weapons indefinitely, so thank god for that.

I've been submitting tickets since the beta, for many of the same bugs i still see ingame, with no effort from Zenimax to fix them before release apparently, so dont take the high stand of "making wine and toll threads" when players have been making an effort to inform Zenimax and to no effect.

And no, my connection is fine, i have played countless other mmo's without lag problems because their developers have had the presence of mind to release them with European servers... in europe. Playing pvp in the european mega server is a mess due to lag, Zenimax should have known better, but cutting costs for release seemed to be the mantra they were following at corporate.

Yeah ZOS hates you that's why they don't fix bugs that you reported during beta. I hope you are below 16 years old, really
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭

Yeah ZOS hates you that's why they don't fix bugs that you reported during beta. I hope you are below 16 years old, really

The only one sounding immature is yourself, with your constant insults when you have no arguments. Goodluck with that attitude.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only one sounding immature is yourself, with your constant insults when you have no arguments. Goodluck with that attitude.

Insults? Ok. I learnt NOT to argue with people with your attitude.

Keep Calm and wait for the 30 free days to be over :)
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENAK wrote: »
    Joe's review of ESO is up
    And sensible people care about an internet review from someone whose ego is far larger than his gaming skill, because?

• Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Such a pity that Angry Joe is just a terrible, terrible reviewer..... Sorry to folks that like him but he is just so, so bad.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the intended audience of these "reviews" actually people who already bought and play the game?

I just don't understand the relevance in this forum at all. Same with that "Force" guy.

I have no interest in watching that, just like I had no interest in watching the other. I really don't care what they have to say about the game - I'm capable of forming my own opinion based on my own experiences. Something it seems some people in this thread aren't.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominulf wrote: »
    I tend to stay away from youtube celebrities and game reviewers.

After watching this video, I have to agree with many of the points the uploader brings up.

This does feel like a poorly made single player experience with a nil social interaction.

I just hit Veteran Rank 1 and the only time I HAD to group was to do the three optional group instance dungeons.

The nameless people running around me doing the exact same thing as me might as well be bots. Everything is done solo.
    Has you played many MMO?
    In wow and later MMO, that is the last 10 years you can level up alone, you will miss out content but its no problems doing it.
    is it recommended, no as things go easier in a group, main problem is that most people are to stressed running around to even ask for advice.
    This is also true in wow so its pretty universal, however if people have to wait they are friendly enough.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    Is the intended audience of these "reviews" actually people who already bought and play the game?

I just don't understand the relevance in this forum at all. Same with that "Force" guy.

I have no interest in watching that, just like I had no interest in watching the other. I really don't care what they have to say about the game - I'm capable of forming my own opinion based on my own experiences. Something it seems some people in this thread aren't.

There is a subset of MMO gamers (well, of gamers) that even fully knowing a MMO at launch will have issues (bugs, frequent patching and maintenance, exploits) and it is safer waiting at least a month before buying it, would still just buy ANYTHING that comes out, with little o no research, then spend the free month trolling the forum, whining because 'game x is not like game y' blah blah.

They probably just get a kick out of whining. compensates whatever problem they have I suppose.
    And no, having a tantrum on game's forum because 2 weeks after launch there are bugs isn't some sort of constitutional right, it's a sign of deep immaturity
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well , whatever people say , i still think Joe is awesome.

And yes , i did avoid to buy many games because he said so , it is more than enough to me.

With that said , i got this far before he even made a review heh :P. But to me this was a gift , i never spent money buying it , while true i will be the one paying the subs for the months i play this.

He did make a few mistakes in his review , and i dont agree totally with it either , this game is not a 5/10 in my opinion.

But he makes plenty of valid points.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • LarZen
    LarZen
    ✭✭✭
    Bugs is one thing, poor game design however is something completely different.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, most people can exaggerate things and write review about them, dragging them for minutes to make it sound more true and focusing on the negative parts to emphasize it and make the reader/watcher keep nodding at all of those.

This is why no one should base buying a game on reviews, especially from YT celebrities, no matter how funny they are. I know, reviews are supposed to give us a clear view of things but I found in most cases they tend to overlook many many things, and, while I partly understand it since you cannot talk about every single aspect of a game, or there are things that you only realize after having spent countless hundreds of hours in a game, sometimes they just fail to mention the obvious parts or they are biased or just focus on 1-2 things. And they are subjective, saying the graphics aren`t good is subjective. I don`t know why they focus on graphics in an MMO in the first place, but comparing it to a single player game is just nonsense. Will they compare 2D indie games` graphics to Crysis or Battlefield too and say they are bad? Many people say graphics are bad, many, including me, say they are very nice, especially for an MMO.

I never ever will base trying a game on reviews as I haven`t done for a very long time now, no matter how (in)famous the reviewer is.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn