Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Broken Talons in Dragon Knights Online

• Alandauron
    Alandauron
    ✭✭✭
    Harbingers wrote: »
    Goodbye!
    Complete loss of respect for "that guy". ZOS don't fix Harbingers' broken build or he'll have to make an effort to find a new broken build. We wouldn't want to see him squirm while attempting to do that.
  • Harbingers
    Harbingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I don't even play a DK on live, Templar Healer! Thinking about dabbling in a Nightblade Snyper soon!

((FYI I think they need to make it where sorcs cant Bolt out of Talons. Ranged staying at ranged = OP!))
    ~ Immersion is no substitute for Exposition ~
    Karesh Zeal - VR12 Templar - Live
    Abyssiana Zeal - VR10 Dragon Knight - Beta - Retired by Zenimax 5/27
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    Goodbye!

Why are you trolling his thread? Nordjitsu is politely presenting a rational well thought out case for a game mechanic that needs to be fixed

• NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Evergreen wrote: »
    Goodbye!

Why are you trolling his thread? Nordjitsu is politely presenting a rational well thought out case for a game mechanic that needs to be fixed

Don't bother. When someone is obviously trolling, its usually best to just ignore them.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Harbingers
    Harbingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodbye!

Not trolling at all. He has a vendetta against the class because he cannot beat them every time. The fact remains that DK's, Talons, Standard, Magma Shell, Every single passive, Every single ability... even petrify has been nerfed mulitiple times over the course of beta. Enough is Enough.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Goodbye!

Not trolling at all. He has a vendetta against the class because he cannot beat them every time.
    @Evergreen‌

See? Case in point.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Harbingers
    Harbingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI: Sorc just world first solo'd the first Trials boss.

DKs OP?
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

DKs OP?

I've got no issues with DKs other than one mechanically broken skill.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • OniMalkav
    OniMalkav
    Limit targets hit on Talons, add max number of projectiles Scales can reflect, allow only one Standard per OPK and ffs nerf the Magma Armor, and make other "not ever used" OPK skills somewhat viable so not everyone feels forced to play the cookie-cutter Destro Impulse (which also needs a nerf) "flame knight of magma".

Enough is enough ? Tell that to Gimplars, I mean I dont know about the PTS patches other than few (the newest before EA) but what ? We ONLY got nerf after nerf.
  • Harbingers
    Harbingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »

DKs OP?

I've got no issues with DKs other than one mechanically broken skill.

Encase is OP please nerf.
  • Ahzrab
    Ahzrab
    L2P newb
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Harbingers‌

I would very much want this change (immunity after roll dodge) to apply to Encase as well.

For me this has nothing to do with skills I use vs skills I don't, like it clearly does for you.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buff DKs back up to what they were IMHO.

Warmth having an 80% snare on ALL fire damage (including fire staff light attacks!)

Kindling boosting all burning effects by 200%

Battle Roar being 100% of the ult cost restored
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • Harbingers
    Harbingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Harbingers‌

I would very much want this change (immunity after roll dodge) to apply to Encase as well.

For me this has nothing to do with skills I use vs skills I don't, like it clearly does for you.

Then it sounds like instead of blanketing this around one ability. Perhaps a change where dodge rolling applies a 2 second immunity to root/snares is added. Anything more at kite/ranged builds that revolve around roots would essentially be useless as well as any time of control effect that melees are s'pose to provide.

There are ways around roots and snares such as immovable from the heavy armor tree, retreating maneuvers, bolt and others. all of those completely negate talons.

But personally I believe this change unnecessary. Its my own dumb*** fault if I get caught next to a DK that can spam talons back to back to back, unless i'm a melee and if im in his talons that probably means Im in melee range to attack him.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way my guild handles this is, after we bomb and start pulling back, we pop retreating maneuvers so we don't get rooted
  • Harbingers
    Harbingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way my guild handles this is, after we bomb and start pulling back, we pop retreating maneuvers so we don't get rooted

^ pro.
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So they also changed it so that 99% of AoE's can only hit 6 targets at one time.

But they made an exception. Dark Talons.

You have a messed up sense of humor ZOS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

Are you guys aware of the issues? Why is this skill exempted from every one of the games balancing mechanics? This is going to ruin meta.

If the problem goes unchecked I know quite a few subs that you will lose, including possibly my own. I love this game but this crap is getting ridiculous.

For tanking
  • captain_awesome
    captain_awesome
    ✭✭✭
    People are sick of this DK skill already, it just turns people away from Cyrodil.

It really needs a fix.
    Dominion FTW.
  • KoooZ
    KoooZ
    ✭✭
    Pretty hard crusading going on in here. Seems this skill isn't broken by the usual move, which is unique to it. Possibly an error, but obviously the only change to consider. Talking about a cooldown or other balance mechanics currently nonexistent anywhere else is silly.
  • Bloodlance
    Bloodlance
    ✭✭
    4 DKs for group dungeons = all dungeons facerollable even at vet level
    12 DKs for raid dungeons = all raid dungeons facerollable.

When i make groups , i always roll with myself and 3 DKs, why ? coz other classes are so much crappier.

• Tazocin
    Tazocin
    Broken Talons needs to have some form of limit on its CC application

Does seem a little unbalanced, a well presented and thought out OP tbh.

Sure, people say dont get near the DK, dont group on him. So he can reflect ranged spells, chain in ppl or even just charge and close with the ranged group. Defending a keep makes it kind of tricky to all stay at range if they are pouring through a breach and into the capture room.

Sure, it doesnt do much dmg on its own but it combos beautifully and has synergy as well (Banner spam).

Its expensive - Yup but then 2 DKs charging into a group dropping Talons and Banner will clear most of the group. Who cares if they end up OOM when they killed everyone?

Its a team game - Sure but if I and my companions have had to dodge roll once or twice we are short on stamina before even engaging the other members of the team, all from one player.

I think it needs some careful adjustment. Using a dodge roll should probably confer CC immunity. It doesnt matter if its only 4 seconds as thats plenty of time to get clear of an 8m radius skill. Sure, stacking DKs might get you but thats just sensible Grp mechanics. What isnt fun is capping an objective, the enemy arrive, in charges the DK, root, banner, you roll, rooted remainder of AoE arrives - dead.
  • Harbingers
    Harbingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tazocin wrote: »
    Sure, people say dont get near the DK, dont group on him. So he can reflect ranged spells, chain in ppl or even just charge and close with the ranged group.

I mean that's kinda what Dragon Knights are designed to do. Control you. Like you said push you, pull you, root you, stun you, heal debuff you, stun you, snare you.

I enjoyed my Dragon Knight while I had her because of this factor, DK's by design are buff/debuff kings and queens. Its sad that everyone take the one synergy of the Pulsar Spam and Light Armor as the end all op'ness of one class.

In my opinion the only thing OP about Dragon Knights natively at the moment is the fact they can continuously have Reflective Scales activated with little to no detriment to their magicka.
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't group up in blobs is the simple solution, that is why DAOC RvR is better then gw2 which is a zerg feast because it doesn't punish zergs
  • Thevenin
    Thevenin
    ✭✭
    Why do you guys keep talking with Harbingers ? He's obviously just here to defend his broken build because he thinks he'll get destroyed without it.

Ignore him, the discussion was interesting to read before his rant began.
  • Harbingers
    Harbingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thevenin wrote: »
    Why do you guys keep talking with Harbingers ? He's obviously just here to defend his broken build because he thinks he'll get destroyed without it.

Uhhuhh, if you actually read my post you would realize I've stated, this being the third time. I DO NOT play a Dragon Knight. I play a Healing Templar, perhaps the least mobile of all the classes and specs. Sorry to burst your bubble.

((Edited: for capital letters to make it easier to see))
    Edited by Harbingers on April 27, 2014 6:20PM
  • esoone
    esoone
    ✭✭✭
    Also dont forget NERF OPERATIVES!
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alandauron wrote: »

@thread. I don't use a Dragon Knight cause I'm one of those silly single target lovers, so I roll a night blade. I know that when a DK shows up in PvP that I need to stay at range and avoid allowing them to close the distance. That being said lets just look at the ability:

-AOE of 8 meters
    -Damage over time
    -Damage up front
    -CC lockdown
    -Cannot be blocked
    -CC immunity ignored
    -Allows synergy

Come on now, what other ability even comes close to that?

-AOE of 8 meters
    -Damage over time
    -Damage up front
    -Cannot be blocked
    -CC immunity ignored
    -Allows synergy

I just described Sorc's Lightning Splash. Sorcs also have the other AoE unblockable immobilize CC in Encase and the resource passives to spam it all day long, which would add "CC immunity ignored".

As for the OP, this is most definitely a nerf thread.

Quit zerging around in the middle of a huge group; spread out.

Someone said that "CC should be used at the proper time". An AoE root SHOULD be used when the enemy is all clumped together like morons trying to rush you. That is literally the most proper time.

So again, quit grouping up into a huge mob just begging to be AoE'd. Spread out, use tactics. You know, fight with a bit more intelligence, basically.

• Harbingers
    Harbingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esoone wrote: »
    Also dont forget NERF OPERATIVES!

ROFL. Sideswipe!
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thevenin wrote: »

This. When people are obviously not trying to be productive it does not good to engage them. +1
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU