Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

When will eu server will come to eu ?

• Charg
    Charg
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they will move our EU servers to Frankfurt soon, they are just preparing/bussy now with launch issues.
    Options
  • warlockcoub17_ESO
    Vavume wrote: »
    As a EU player I waited till I hit 50 before going into Cyrodil, and was expecting great things, sadly though my journey there was plagued by lag and completely ruined the experience for me. If I cannot pvp effectively in this game then I will just unsub. As a sidenote, I experience very little lag in pve but its manageable when I do, however lag in pvp is just a total no no, I will not accept it.
    Bottom line is, if they do not move the Eu server to the Eu very soon they will lose my sub.

You do know that moving the servers to the EU is no guarantee of there being no lag. Maybe lower/reduced lag, but it doesn't guarantee no lag at all.
    Options
  • Zeeed
    Zeeed
    ✭✭✭
    +1 *** love playing with 400-500 ms from 7 to 11 pm EVERY *** DAY !!!
    I called my IP 6 times with full rage and they cant do *** about it !!!!
    Options
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    Charg wrote: »
    Yeah they will move our EU servers to Frankfurt soon, they are just preparing/bussy now with launch issues.

The problem is that they're saying that for almost 1 month now

Options
  • murklor007neb18_ESO
    Zolyok wrote: »
    Charg wrote: »

The problem is that they're saying that for almost 1 month now
    Yes, a date would be nice. Lots of people reaching 50 now and latency is a major bugbear. For PvE, ok, its annoying but workable. But I dont see myself keep playing on a US PvP server when combat is as latency dependant as it is. If you got 2s time to live due to the stun-kill type combat that ESO seem to be all about, 200-400ms ping is a HUGE factor.
    Options
  • Spezies
    Spezies
    ✭✭✭
    I want new informations about the date where the EU Server really come to the EU. I dont want that micro lag anymore. DAoC Server Uthgard located in EU have a less of lag but I really want that new PvP in ESO. Hope zenimax is interested in a good game experience for not US gamer too.
    Options
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the promise of having EU server physically in EU was just a PR promise. They will use any kind of "data" to excuse their change of heart. Like someone already mentioned, they will probably use the excuse that there are not enough players on EU server to justify that.
    Options
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... I don't believe this will ever happen. Like others have said, it's just more PR lies and deception to get initial box sales every way they possibly can squeeze.

I believe it when I see it, until then I will continue to complain about shoddy pings.
    Options
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well there is not much to say, they must relocate the server(s) to EU as I think there is a lot of players active, Im from EU and I think that they have 50% of their support from here ;)
    Options
  • Doowie
    Doowie
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind when they are moved. At the moment I'm not having a problem with latency! :D
    [Name]: Doowie Doucheolas
    [Level]: Veteran Rank 5 / [PvP Rank]: Veteran
    [Class]: NightBlade / [Race]: Woodelf
    [Server]: EU Megaserver / [Faction]: Ebonheart Pact
    [Skills]: Medium Armour / Bow / Dual Wield / Werewolf / Clothing

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
    Options
  • Kalston
    Kalston
    ✭✭
    They will lose a lot of customers (pvpers) if they don't move the EU servers to Europe. Latency is a huge factor with this kind of gameplay in pvp. And if they do keep the servers in the US then why not have only ONE single megaserver? Clearly they still have the intention of moving servers otherwise there wouldn't be TWO megaservers.

It's their call but Europeans represent the vast majority of the playerbase (only with Asian servers might we see a different picture), it's the same in virtually every game and I can't see why it would be different here. And if they ever make a Russian client the difference will be even bigger...
    Options
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've already said they intend to move the EU megaserver, but they need to build the EU datacenter first.
    Options
  • Balael
    Balael
    ✭✭✭
    In PvE it's workable not ideal at all but workable. In PvP you might as well not bother, this isn't the type of combat system where 1-2 sec delays will be forgiving. It's the main reason I don't go to cyrodiil, if there's a big siege the delay is enough that that it's annoying. I'm on 152mb/s fibre, so if I'm getting issues then so is everyone else.
    Options
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bradleyreesb16_ESO - the problem is many of the issues in PVP with lag are other issues, not megaserver latency. For example, you will see 15 second to sneak or cast a spell during large sieges - that's not latency, that's a bug. You get that if you're in the US too. I agree the EU megaserver needs to be in the UK, because duh - but don't think this is the silver bullet to fix all the PVP issues.
    Options
  • Spezies
    Spezies
    ✭✭✭
    Yes 2 or more seconds can change a lot in PvP.
    Options
  • Kalston
    Kalston
    ✭✭
    Of course there are issues that have nothing to do with server location, but cutting off latency by 60-100ms (depending on where you live in Europe and what connection you have) is surely not "nothing", lol.

Judging by the pings I'm getting on ESO servers (ressource monitor and WinMtr) at the moment they are not even hosted on the East Coast (140+ms while I can get 100-110 on typical East Coast servers?) or they have really bad hosting (or heavily overloaded infrastructures). I've tried different ISPs and VPNs and my results are very consistent - not an issue on my side.
    Options
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The EU megaserver is currently located in Dallas, Texas.
    Options
  • SafeForSure
    SafeForSure
    ✭✭
    Xiana wrote: »
    Just my thoughts:

After the first "free" month ZOS will wait another one or two months to see how many subs are left. Then they will realize there aren't enough to justify two servers. So, EU and NA will get merged.
    This is bull cause then al eu players had there money thrown away cause lots and lots play with delays and lag issues.

Options
  • Spezies
    Spezies
    ✭✭✭
    I will not play PvP with that lag in the future. I want the same quality like a US gamer.
    Options
  • Starnes
    Starnes
    ✭✭✭
    The EU server should have been ready and tested in time for launch. These last minute antics of setting up the EU servers are, to me, unacceptable.

If I do not hear anything positive regarding this issue by the end of my free month I will be done and I doubt I am alone on that sentiment.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    I think for most people (probably not all) it's not so much a myth but a kind of placebo effect, they see the higher numbers and convince themselves it's more leggy or has a noticeable longer reaction time.

It allows them to convince themselves it was the game's fault they died in PvP, not theirs...

But you're right of course, and it's the same with frame-rates. If some people don't get 60 fps they whine horribly, notwithstanding that their game performance is smooth as silk and that they couldn't tell the difference at anything approaching that level anyway.
    Options
  • Cer3z
    Cer3z
    my advices for Zos:

- move the datacenter to EU, maybe this not fix all but less latency is ever better
    - don't make maintenance in prime time and always say ETA (also if more estimated than real)
    - don't reply to tickets in RP mode, if a customer open a tickets is for a problem, and him maybe don't like playing textual rpg
    - if you know that the servers atm suks for non NA players, don't say first: reinstall, repair or so, just say we know that, we apologize, we are investigating
    - instant ban on the account name for gold seller, stop the spam in chat or email

if i see that i do /sub on otherwise... is summer ;)

best regards and good work
    Options
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    There is a lack of communication between Zeni and the player
    Options
  • Lenthas
    Lenthas
    While its playable, even in pvp, its still horrible if you're in groups, you cast something, think you got away with a quick action only to find yourself chain cc'd, and obviously dead too.

The damage takes sooo long to take effect compared to what you see on screen, its impossible to make smart quick actions.

But seeing this after so much money spent, I have a hard time believing they care at all.
    Options
  • Frail_Old_Man
    Frail_Old_Man
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to leave the EU server in the states.
    Personally I'd love to see the EU server actually in EU as soon as humanly possible, since atm EU players are getting WORSE experience than US players simply due to the fact that we have to deal with incredible amounts of lag.

Also note that just because you dont have lag or fail to notice it, some of us do.
    Sanguine's testers, the best testers.
    Alas we are no longer labeled as such.
    Options
  • Spezies
    Spezies
    ✭✭✭
    And if the most people come in the level 50 range, the more people go to Cyrodiil and if you think that lag will be no problem further more, your wrong. If you react then, its to late and you will have a really, really great problem to hold your players here in europe.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Silly logic being used here "They wont make any EU servers in the EU because the subs will go down". Actually, the subs will go down BECAUSE of the lag FROM not having the EU SERVERS in the EU. : face palm : :\ . IF THIS GAME does not get EU servers in the EU that is ridiculous, I am QUITE sure this game has more subs than SWTOR, and they have EU servers located in the EU. The internet infrastructure in Germany is EONS better than the infrastructure in the US so that is also not an excuse.
    Options
  • Harkrider
    Harkrider
    ✭✭✭
    They have said that the transfer will occur once things settle down after launch.

Considering the amount of ongoing issues, I'd say that things are not yet settled.
    Options
  • Kalston
    Kalston
    ✭✭
    But MMOs always have issues and are constantly in a development process, so what does "when things are settled" mean? They can easily use that as an excuse to keep postponing the move FOREVER. Easily.

And this is by far the smoothest MMO launch I've ever seen (maybe WoW was better, didn't play that), there's bug and issues but overall it's a solid application and very playable for the majority. I don't see any issues big enough to justify not having a EU datacenter yet.
    Obviously there may be issues that we are unaware of such as those related to server hardware or contracts with the EU companies (internet providers etc)

Still not acceptable at all for a high budget game with a higher than average monthly subscription.
    Options
  • lordnox24
    lordnox24
    For me it takes 4 game restarts to get to Cyrodill when it's full because of the major lag. The loading screen just goes on forever and i have to Alt+F4 out of it. Then it spawns me back to Stonefalls and it's forever Queue all over again. Takes about 40 min just to get to PVP every day. This is lame and having an EU server in US is even more lame. I'm glad i didn't buy another 60days time card and i got the game for free. Until the lag is fixed there's no use in playing as all i do is PVP and it's impossible to kill anyone when everyone is teleporting instead of moving arround. And i have 100Mb connection so i know it's not my fault. PVE is okay-ish. But castle sieges are just a button spamfest while relying on luck to kill anyone. Next time when you make a game extend the beta for another 6 months instead of releasing it with so many problems. Also...my radar freezes all the time, don't know why. Thank god for /reloadui xD
    Options