Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• OFC_it
    OFC_it
    ✭✭
    I was born in 57. And this October I will be 57.
  • Odditorium
    Odditorium
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 41 and this game is perfect for me. EverCrack was my fisrt MMO. I'm a big fan of Elder Scrolls already, but I tried to get back into MMOs like GW, WoW, SWTOR and they were like dating games and they made me feel really aged and out of place. Constant flirting and generally dumb behavior. This is the only M rated MMO that I know of. It is the game I have always wanted. I love the humor in it too. Great voice acting too. Same voice for Sheogorath as in Oblivion.
    PC/NA
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Dandy Warhol -|- Odditorium
    Oscillation Overthruster -|- Molag Trump
    Kira the Gelfling -|- Varag Ghoul-Chewer
    Buffy the Purple Slayer -|- Hostile Seventeen

OTG
    Ayrenn's Army
    AD Only
  • Odditorium
    Odditorium
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! Elders playing Elder Scrolls.
    PC/NA
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Dandy Warhol -|- Odditorium
    Oscillation Overthruster -|- Molag Trump
    Kira the Gelfling -|- Varag Ghoul-Chewer
    Buffy the Purple Slayer -|- Hostile Seventeen

OTG
    Ayrenn's Army
    AD Only
  • dredy13
    dredy13
    well i'm technically not old least i feel i am body doesnt heal the way it used to lol i'm 27, 28 next month an i've been trying to find a more mature group of people to group up with an game with. And even thats been quite a challenge with all the trolls an stupidity in chat even trying to help someone out only causes you trouble or irritation. so if any of you are in the ebonheart faction shoot me an invite or message i'd be more then happy to help out or join up with any of you.
  • Sierratana
    Sierratana
    Soul Shriven
    Gaming, and TESO in particular, are something that my teenage son and I enjoy together! 47 here -- been gaming since my Commodore VIC-20!
  • Dreadloch
    Dreadloch
    ✭✭
    I'm 56 and I've been gaming since the first Atari home video game system hit stores.

Love the Elder Scrolls games, and I'm really enjoying ESO. And I also have the greatest wife, who for 27 years has been so ever cool about my gaming. There is something about gaming that keeps that original spark alive, that spark when I first discovered the joys of playing Pong with friends at the local pizza hangout, then finally being able to play it at home. When I think back to the excitement of having those early arcade video games become playable on your TV when I was a kid, and watching the gaming industry evolve over time since then, you feel like you've been part of that great journey, and the last thing I want to do is stop being part of it.

And although I may not get around quite as fast as I used to in RL, and have a few more aches and pains to contend with on a daily basis, my keyboard/mouse skills have never been better. I may be getting up there in years, but you would never know it when facing me in AvA or clearing out a dungeon.

Like many of us who are in our 50's and 60's, when it comes to gaming, we don't play like an old men or women. We've been playing since video and computer games were invented.

But enough about that. Time for my Metamucil...
  • RavensHell
    RavensHell
    Soul Shriven
    34 here. I thoroughly enjoyed reading each one of your posts. I remember playing my first game at about 8 years old and running around my small town with a bunch of other young adventurers, with a stick as my sword and a garbage can lid as a shield . After getting my first computer at about 12 I discovered Bulletin Board Systems and playing games such as LORD, Usurper, text based MUDS - as well as offline games like King's Quest and Ultima.

I think I enjoyed reading your posts so much because I know I'm just like the rest of you - I'll never stop playing, never stop imagining. I'll be there one day the same as all of you, playing games with my children and grandchildren - unless my rockstar lifestyle doesn't make short work of me first *laugh*. Forever young at heart and mind. Very happy to share this game experience with you folks. Much respect to my elders.
    Edited by RavensHell on April 13, 2014 5:54AM
  • rotiferuk
    rotiferuk
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 62, a long time gamer but new to mmo's. I'm enjoying this one...when I can log in >:)
    EU Server.
  • Sinlar
    Sinlar
    ✭✭✭
    My first game was on a commodore amiga 1000, had expanded memory of 512KB (no one would ever need more than that). :-) No hard drives back then. Booted and played with floppies.

First computer was a TRS-80 using cassette tapes for storage. Except that we only had a regular cassette player...Endless hours of incrementally adjusting the volume control and then waiting to see if all 16K loaded. Determined we were . ;p

• Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Turning 40 in a few days, lol.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Aricle
    Aricle
    ✭✭
    I feel like a hybrid 'misfit' as I am older and have never played an MMO before (excepting Myst Online: URU Live), although I have played many games, coop and single player. I love the Elder Scrolls. I tried playing a few online games briefly and quit after the vulgar names I got called for not knowing everything about MMOs and after seeing people stealing kills rather than playing together.

I'm happy not to fit in with rude people, yet am interested in exploring with likeminded folks! :wink:
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. -Sarah Williams
    @Aricle in-game. Ebonheart Pact with a dash of Aldmeri and Daggerfall.
  • GrimMauKin
    GrimMauKin
    ✭✭✭✭
    46 and have loved RPG and fantasy since table top games (D&D etc.) back in the 80s. Totally blown away by how far computer gaming has come!

Our first computer was a Sinclair ZX81 (it had less that 1K of memory).
    Edited by GrimMauKin on April 13, 2014 7:12AM
    I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinlar wrote: »
    My first game was on a commodore amiga 1000, had expanded memory of 512KB (no one would ever need more than that). :-) No hard drives back then. Booted and played with floppies.

First computer was a TRS-80 using cassette tapes for storage. Except that we only had a regular cassette player...Endless hours of incrementally adjusting the volume control and then waiting to see if all 16K loaded. Determined we were . ;p
    Had a C64 with a cassette player, no it was not an user friendly device :)
    Disagree with people who romanticizing gaming during the 80s.

44 here.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    wow, im 35 and i thought i was in the older player bracket, but, well, it seems im a young whippersnapper here...
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • Bryllyant
    Bryllyant
    Soul Shriven
    44 :)
    Fight Well and Die Happy
  • jimredtalon
    jimredtalon
    ✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    so I tried to reason with the kids, but no more. Waste of time, moving on.
    BTW, if someone is forming a "Ye 'Ol Farts Guild" - count us in ;)

Hey 30 this year and I may not be an old fart but I feel this too so count me in too.
  • Thunder_Downunder
    Thunder_Downunder
    ✭✭✭
    45 here. No longer have the reflexes for the shooters :(
  • annarr1117nub18_ESO
    You are only as old as you feel folks!
  • tonne.backlinderb16_ESO
    Well. I'm 52.
    Edited by tonne.backlinderb16_ESO on April 13, 2014 9:29AM
  • AntsyFiddler
    AntsyFiddler
    ✭✭
    About to cross the finish line on 42, and head full speed into 43.
  • warhelix
    warhelix
    Soul Shriven
    40 here and a die hard gamer. Played them all Meridian 59, Ultima Online, WoW, Eq, Swotor, Guildwars, Neverwinter Warhammer, etc etc.
    Really like this game thus far...
  • clairefunb16_ESO
    37 in a couple of weeks, enjoying myself here so far. Like everyone, a long life of gaming experience behind me - and plenty more to come.
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    52 here, loving the game, been gaming for about 30 years and play online with my son, though I can't get him interested on TESO unfortunately, still working on it. I started out many moons ago with those funny shaped dice :)
    Edited by drkeys143 on April 13, 2014 11:10AM
  • Ibura
    Ibura
    ✭✭✭
    49, playing with my husband (51) and our daughter (27) + her boyfriend (22).
    Love this game, and love it there are so many older players in it too :smiley:
  • Rhylanna
    Rhylanna
    ✭✭
    drkeys143 wrote: »
    52 here, loving the game, been gaming for about 30 years and play online with my son, though I can't get him interested on TESO unfortunately, still working on it. I started out many moons ago with those funny shaped dice :)

I know what you mean. My son loved Skyrim but he's very into SWTOR right now. He'll probably want to play ESO after his 30 days runs out lol.
    Fatewalkers NA server, primarily Daggerfall Covenant, 30+ (mature, working folks with kids, dogs, etc!), casual, PVE oriented, small but growing!
    Antique Ordinatus Populus NA server, technically with Aldmeri Dominion but have members in all alliances, 40+ (even ++++!), mature, casual (fun people who sometimes forget what they're doing...or maybe that's just me :p ) antique-ordinatus-populus.enjin.com
  • Accident_Pr0ne
    I was wondering if there are any people out there with the same hobby as me....If so feel free to invite me in your friends list....Maybe to team up sometimes.

@Accident_Pr0ne
    50 years old ;)

THX for all your nice reactions I really don't know that there were so many older players in this game.

I play on the EU server, my username is Accident_Pr0ne and the name of my character is Accidentx.
    Add me in your friends list if ya like.

Friendly Regards ;)
    “Rusty Old Weapons”
    We are active in the EU server.
    ROW is a guild for mature players, men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 or older.
    Feel free to visit our websit www.rustyweapons.com
  • digital_illusion
    digital_illusion
    Soul Shriven
    @Accident_Prone, you're definitely not alone, I'm 40 next year, been an MMO player since Meridian 59, which was more of a GMUD than MMO.

I've met some great players over the years, young and old alike. The smacktalk in ESO is not as bad as SWTOR, but my ignore list of regular users is growing as fast as the gold sellers, I am sad to say.
  • Ummaguma
    Ummaguma
    ✭✭✭
    36... but I've had JRA(moved into RA) all my life... so I feel much older. LOL
    I may or may not be spending too much time with Sheogorath, but I cant help it... He makes the BEST Nachos! >:)
  • Rhylanna
    Rhylanna
    ✭✭
    THX for all your nice reactions I really don't know that there were so many older players in this game.

I play on the EU server, my username is Accident_Pr0ne and the name of my character is Accidentx.
    Add me in your friends list if ya like.

Friendly Regards ;)

I see that you are on the EU server. I am on NA. I guess that explains why it couldn't find your account when I tried to send you a friend request. :disappointed:

Fatewalkers NA server, primarily Daggerfall Covenant, 30+ (mature, working folks with kids, dogs, etc!), casual, PVE oriented, small but growing!
    Antique Ordinatus Populus NA server, technically with Aldmeri Dominion but have members in all alliances, 40+ (even ++++!), mature, casual (fun people who sometimes forget what they're doing...or maybe that's just me :p ) antique-ordinatus-populus.enjin.com
  • michaeljones161b16_ESO
    Just turned 57 two days ago. Had a great night out at the Medieval Banquet at St Katherine's Dock in London. Plenty of ale, wine, jesters, acrobats, sword fights, oaths, banging on the table and the death of the king. And maids who come running with beer and wine when you shout "Wench!" at the top of your voice.

Anyway, I quickly scanned the posts above hoping I'd be the oldest on the list - until I spotted that pensioner Windshadow! - it's not fair, I never win at anything.

Anyway, best of luck to him. Can you craft a zimmer frame in ESO? :)

And to Enteum: No, 30 doesn't count!
    Edited by michaeljones161b16_ESO on April 13, 2014 12:29PM