Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    This one can't wait to be in his golden years. Khajiit would love be retired play MMO's all day, and go walk in park with grand-kittens.
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    45 here. No longer have the reflexes for the shooters :(

I may not have the "twitch" for FPS anymore, but that doesn't keep me from out smarting the younguns, lol
    How about "Old age and treachery" for an guild name :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Calandrae
    Calandrae
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be turning 40 years of age this September. Can already feel the age crisis approaching... Well, not really. I guess that's the plus side of being neurotic and always living in some sort of existential crisis. :D

Anyway, I'm a long-time roleplaying gamer but have never ever before in my life played online. So it's all extremely confusing, and I have no idea where to find people to play with. Maybe I'll try to join this guild. :) (Had no idea that the chat can be turned off - it will be the first thing I'll do when I get home from work. Can't stand the hollering there.)

For me, gaming is a hobby I love. A way to use my imagination and experience the fantasy. I don't want it to become a chore, trying to optimize everything - money, points etc. Of course I try to create a functional and effective character, but not to the point of it becoming like another job. Cause I already have one that is demanding enough.

So, greetings from Finland! (Not a native English speaker.)

Edited by Calandrae on April 14, 2014 1:13PM
  • ethedead
    ethedead
    I am 46, but have to admit to having some of tha immature teen boy juice left in me. :D
  • ConquerorDromtar
    @OP, thank you for starting this thread! It's been a joy to read through. Although I'm young by this thread's posters standards (a mere 38) after years of gaming with my father your thoughts and experience resonate with me.

Please forgive me if posting for recruitment is inappropriate for this thread, but one of my officers (a semi-retired Old Fart) requested I look into bringing more folks like him into the guild. We'd love to have you if you're on the Ebonheart side and are looking for a home for mature (age or outlook) or young-at-heart seasoned veteran gaming companions.

Legion of the Hydra- www.legionofthehydra.guildlaunch.com

Play games, stay young!
  • Accident_Pr0ne
    Because I can't find a nice guild in the EU server I started one.
    All veteran European players men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 are welcome to join.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/78197/rusty-old-weapons-a-guild-for-veterans-men-and-women-eu-server#latest

Friendly regards,
    @Accident_Pr0ne
    “Rusty Old Weapons”
    We are active in the EU server.
    ROW is a guild for mature players, men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 or older.
    Feel free to visit our websit www.rustyweapons.com
  • Distrobomb
    Distrobomb
    ✭✭✭
    And here I was thinking I was an old fart at 29 lol.
    I survived the great ESO launch disaster 2014 B)
  • gunplummer
    gunplummer
    ✭✭✭
    44 here, we really need an over 35 guild.
  • Ackk_pffft
    Ackk_pffft
    Soul Shriven
    50 in July : ) .If anyone puts together an old farts guild please send me an invite!I'm retired and constantly gaming (when the wife lets me !)
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many old farts in this thread, it’s starting to stink. :p
  • trofb14_ESO
    53 here, been playing games forever. My first computer game was in 1970, my math class had access to a main frame(which we wrote math programs on using punch cards) 2 times a week for 1 hour. Every now and a again our instructor would allow us to play a star trek text based game, I remember it was a lot of fun and at the time simply amazing.
  • Lakkall
    Lakkall
    45 here and enjoying the game!!
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 33yo but I have the heart of a 60yo and the hobbies to match.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • stitchersflock
    stitchersflock
    ✭✭✭
    46 in August and damn proud of it. I'll admit though, I have in game chat off because I can't stand to have the nonsense scroll by.
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    If any of you "older" fellas start a guild or are in a good guild let me know in game, would be interested in joining. Maestro Sartori is my game name also
  • Calli_B
    Calli_B
    ✭✭
    49 here. I discovered MMOs about 5 years ago and am loving ESO.
  • Meogi
    Meogi
    40 years old here. but I agreed with my mum to claim I am 30. She thinks it makes her look old to have a 40 year old kid (she is 64).

So, 30 years here, with years of experience :p

any of you on EU server, throw me a friends request (but remember to distinguish yourself from gold spammers)
  • Nadeir
    Nadeir
    Soul Shriven
    49 here and lots of gaming still to do:)
  • Aricle
    Aricle
    ✭✭
    There's a guild called The Last, for ages 30 and up, that I joined, NA, Ebonheart Pact. They're nice folks. http://thelastguild.com.

I joined the one started by RainWhisper (Synchronicity) yesterday, and the chat channel was fun, even with the terrific lag last night. I used to think I wouldn't find five guilds to join! Not now!

If anyone here is in Glenumbra, let me know if you'd like to take care of the Delsyn imps and spriggans together. Must save the townsfolk and put out those fires!
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. -Sarah Williams
    @Aricle in-game. Ebonheart Pact with a dash of Aldmeri and Daggerfall.
  • lecarcajou_ESO
    lecarcajou_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If any of you "older" fellas start a guild or are in a good guild let me know in game, would be interested in joining. Maestro Sartori is my game name also

I've started one... still has that new guild smell! As I said earlier I'd love to have some of you, ahem, more mature people as my founding members. The guild's named "Banshee," on the NA server, Ebonheart Pact. No particular focus yet, but I'd like it to be a relaxed place for nice peeps to enjoy and figure out the game together. Contact Jagan Matri for an invite.
    "Morally Decentralized."
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    I see The Last and Banshee, you both are Ebonheart Pact. I'm Aldmeri Dominion, are you guys looking for everybody in the same Alliance?

Thanks
    Edited by Maestro_Sartori on April 14, 2014 5:57PM
  • Aricle
    Aricle
    ✭✭
    It mainly matters for being able to play together in the starting areas of the game and be on the same side, if you're playing the Alliance war campaign part. I think you need at least one EP character for The Last.
  • lecarcajou_ESO
    lecarcajou_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see The Last and Banshee, you both are Ebonheart Pact. I'm Aldmeri Dominion, are you guys looking for everybody in the same Alliance?

Thanks

You know, I'm still so clueless about this... can the members of a guild be in different alliances? I guess I just assumed that they have to be in the same one. But if it ain't so, I don't think I'd restrict it that way. After all, one can always use a Master Tailor, eh? ;-)

Anyway... won't be on until later tonight, around 9 PM PST... I guess we can't invite people who aren't actually online, but I'll be sure to get in touch with anyone who sends me a message about joining.
    Edited by lecarcajou_ESO on April 14, 2014 6:15PM
    "Morally Decentralized."
  • Aricle
    Aricle
    ✭✭
    You know, I'm still so clueless about this... can the members of a guild be in different alliances? I guess I just assumed that they have to be in the same one. But if it ain't so, I don't think I'd restrict it that way. After all, one can always use a Master Tailor, eh? ;-)

Yes, tailors and crafters are always great. The guild bank is great for sharing materials and recipes etc. I like having people on chat and we still help each other even if not in the same Alliances.
  • BigDumbViking
    BigDumbViking
    ✭✭
    This thread is making me feel young... I love seeing that there are adults online. And for the record, I'm old enough in Gamer years at 37.
    James Dalton - Nord Dragonknight

& Trusty Steed Roadhouse

• Dahlia_Bristow
    I qualify as an old fart, too @56. Been playing since MUDs were the thing and just about everything thereafter. If somebody fires up a guild for geezers, I'll bite. I'd like to belong to at least one guild for the comradery as opposed to guild-storing.
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    ethedead wrote: »
    I am 46, but have to admit to having some of tha immature teen boy juice left in me. :D

Yes mate!!!

I lyke not this quill.
  • jeffrelliott_ESO
    I'm 40

My life is a lot more balanced these days so I won't be playing for five or six hours every night but I will definitely be around.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aricle wrote: »
    I joined the one started by RainWhisper (Synchronicity) yesterday, and the chat channel was fun, even with the terrific lag last night. I used to think I wouldn't find five guilds to join! Not now!

We're glad to have you! It's a friendly bunch of folks, and good company for exploring Tamriel.
  • castigulaub17_ESO
    Sue what faction is the guild. I signed up on the website, but forgot to look at where the guild is located. Nice job starting up the guild.

Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    48, but my hair is purple and pink, not blue. I don't consider myself an old fart by a long shot.

Also, I would totally join an "over 40" guild. :D
    Phranq wrote: »
    I am up for the 40+ guild.. send me a tell @Gulnar
    PS.. my GF plays while I am at work.. she is still a youngun tho so ignore her.;)

Well, I caved. I made an "Old Fart's Guild" because I was getting antsy waiting to see if anybody was going to make one. :D

I figure it'll turn out to be less of a guild than a base for old farts to find each other and meet up. If we're all adding each other to our friend list anyway, why not make a guild out of it so we can have a guild bank? B)

[edited] Anybody who'd like to join us, head on over to our website at http://antique-ordinatus-populus.enjin.com and fill out an application!