Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm only 35, so I barely qualify as a grown-up, let alone an old fart.
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    I used to run around the back yard by myself with a wooden sword and a bow made out of a coat hanger, a rubber band, and my brother's old archery practice arrow, and pretend to do exactly what I'm doing here.

That's basically what I did too (although sometimes my dad let me play Zork on his computer).
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried sending friend invitations, but mostly I just get "unknown account."
    removed due to freakin gold seller spam mail...

Edited by SeñorCinco on April 13, 2014 2:14PM
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Basil_oz
    Basil_oz
    ✭✭✭
    As I mentioned earlier, I'm certainly of an age that allows me in the Old Farts club; but I'd like to define myself further with my playing style... silent but deadly! >:)
    NA Mega-server
    Basilthwaite - male Nord Templar Ebonheart Pact (unwittingly looks like Hulk Hogan. Trying to find some bright gold breeches to match the persona.)

Arwen Basilrond - female Wood Elf Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion (this character is smoken', but she's been advised to quite due to 'elf reasons!)

Sir Basil Ozarian - male Imperial Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant (this character is titled, but not entitled!)
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    @SenorCinco B)
    Doesn't work. Are you all sure you're posting your GAME account names and not your forum names? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Edited by Sue_D_Nim on April 13, 2014 11:15PM
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • universe555
    universe555
    ✭✭
    48 in May... been playing since Morrowind.
  • Snakebite6x6x6
    I'm thirty-seven...I'm not old.
    Well I can't just call you man...
    Well you could call me Dennis...
    I didn't know you were called Dennis...
    Well you didn't bother to find out now did you?

..er...sorry, only had 3 channels growing up...and the only one worth watching had a penchant for British comedy...
  • Twicebit
    Twicebit
    I guess I'm a young buck at 42.
  • misterme2011
    misterme2011
    ✭✭
    @SenorCinco B)
    Doesn't work. Are you all sure you're posting your GAME account names and not your forum names? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Or ... any Old Farts who want to can send me a friend invitation at @SueDNim .

I tried in game email to SueDNim and it said unknown player. Is there another way to do it.? I'd like to join a guild (I'm 43)
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quite positive, my dear. They are the same, with the exception of the tilde above the n.

It could be the fault of the current loading issues with the server.
    Edited by SeñorCinco on April 13, 2014 2:40AM
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• AzureMoak
    AzureMoak
    Soul Shriven
    I'm 34 and I refuse to grow up :-) Feel free to add me as a friend for any questing or grouping :-)
  • narcolepticjedi
    42 years young and been playing MMO's for about 15 years. I fully endorse the idea of an over 40 (ish) guild!
  • NymahNN
    NymahNN
    Soul Shriven
    Turning 40 this year, which shocked my 20-something housemates, after gaming together for 7+months. Blew my cover with a reference to Atari ...
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    @SeñorCinco I'll keep trying!
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
  • rssslll2012
    53 here, gamer for a long time, kinda new to mmo and could use some friends to play with, so feel free to add me to your friend list
  • Dolenz
    Dolenz
    ✭✭✭
    I turn 50 in July
  • Valoro_ESO
    Yep old here too. 46, gamer all my life, D&D, Video, Card and board. :)

http://raptr.com/Valoro/wall
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    @SenorCinco B)

Or ... any Old Farts who want to can send me a friend invitation at @SueDNim .

I tried in game email to SueDNim and it said unknown player. Is there another way to do it.? I'd like to join a guild (I'm 43)
    <erase><erase> Nevermind. We got it done. ;)

Edited by Sue_D_Nim on April 13, 2014 3:32AM
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    So are there any OtH guilds based in the Ebonheart Pact? I would love more play time with people I can relate to.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a young puppy at 51.
  • circilion
    circilion
    ✭✭✭
    30 years old. Just old enough to not want to talk on zone chat anymore haha.
    >:)
  • Lonestryder
    Lonestryder
    ✭✭✭
    Fellow "old guy" here. 45 this June and never happier!
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    So are there any OtH guilds based in the Ebonheart Pact? I would love more play time with people I can relate to.
    Guilds are tied to account, not character, so basically all your characters, no matter what faction, belong to all your guilds.
    Edited by Sue_D_Nim on April 13, 2014 3:49AM
  • Hoosta
    Hoosta
    Soul Shriven
    I have been playing online game since 1997 with Meridian 59 - fond memories for sure - but Im not an old fart, its more like an old hag
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 here and feeling like I am 30. I'm not "old" but I do "fart". Add me if you want to group together.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Guilds are tied to account, not character, so basically all your characters, no matter what faction, belong to all your guilds.

Right, but 3 of my 4 guilds are full of "kids." The one that is not has 6 people in it. My characters are all in EP because that's where the other 5 wanted to play. I would a like a large guild with "old farts" in it. Mainly because they know how have fun in a civilized manner. I have been saving my 5th guild slot just in case I can find one.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 13, 2014 3:54AM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Zeven
    Zeven
    56 here. I remember when we played MMO's on 80 character punched cards (j/k).
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im glad to see people older than I playing this game.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lies on the internet. How original.
  • RhajaZola
    RhajaZola
    43... feel 25.... starting to look 50 due to career....
  • Absinthe
    Absinthe
    ✭✭✭
    42 going on 12.

Being "old" in reality is a state of mind. Sure you might fall down and can't get up due to a broken hip...but this is why I play on a laptop.