Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're actually an offshoot of Dawnsong Explorers, which is the actual "Guild" version of the chat channel.
  • Killum
    Killum
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 53, been playing MMO's since StarWars Galaxies launched, beta tested quite a few too:) I have been playing computer games since 'Elite' on the Commodor 64.

1 of the resons I have enjoyed playing this game so far (Apart from having played Morrowing,Oblivion & Skyrim) is the mature attitude of the majority of players.
  • lecarcajou_ESO
    lecarcajou_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just founded a guild named "Banshee," literally minutes ago. Would love to have some mature people as founding members! Contact "Jagan Matri" if you're with the Ebonheart Pact and interested!
    "Morally Decentralized."
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    I just founded a guild named "Banshee," literally minutes ago. Would love to have some mature people as founding members! Contact "Jagan Matri" if you're with the Ebonheart Pact and interested!

EU or NA?

Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Aricle
    Aricle
    ✭✭

What's the guild focus? All aspects or PvP, PvE, etc?

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. -Sarah Williams
    @Aricle in-game. Ebonheart Pact with a dash of Aldmeri and Daggerfall.
  • Haxon
    Haxon
    Soul Shriven
    I've always said, that age is just a number. To me life is way to short to count the years.
    You live life the way you want to, you were here first and we all come to pass, so why not enjoy it as much as you can while you have the chance, those kids will one day be you.
  • Scintilla
    Scintilla
    ✭✭
    Crumpy wrote: »
    Eris wrote: »

I actually still have my Apple //gs which I sometimes assemble, turn on and play Bard's Tale on. What a simple game but it was soooo awesome back then.

ah Bard Tale! A great game

I was late for work once due to Bard's Tale. I'd made a mistake on my hex-paper drawing the map and had to retrace to correct it. Very important! Good ole Commodore 64. Guess that makes me 46 years young. Thems were the days. I started on a ZX81, missed out the ZX Spectrum and jumped to the C64 and Ian Jackson's "The Forest of Doom". Kewl.
    Jesus! Did I SAY that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?
  • Killum
    Killum
    ✭✭✭
    Scintilla wrote: »
    Crumpy wrote: »
    Eris wrote: »

I actually still have my Apple //gs which I sometimes assemble, turn on and play Bard's Tale on. What a simple game but it was soooo awesome back then.

ah Bard Tale! A great game

I was late for work once due to Bard's Tale. I'd made a mistake on my hex-paper drawing the map and had to retrace to correct it. Very important! Good ole Commodore 64. Guess that makes me 46 years young. Thems were the days. I started on a ZX81, missed out the ZX Spectrum and jumped to the C64 and Ian Jackson's "The Forest of Doom". Kewl.

Haha reminded me of the Text adventure game 'The Hobbit'. Damn those simple games were good!

• Scintilla
    Scintilla
    ✭✭
    @Killum - I remember The Hobbit and I remember getting terribly frustrated with it. The "N, N, E, N, W, S, W, N, N" etc. etc. of the Goblin's cave. It was dark with no light and if you got ONE direction wrong, you died! :'( Lol - if I remember rightly.....
  • Wolfskald
    Wolfskald
    47 here!
  • Killum
    Killum
    ✭✭✭
    @Killum - I remember The Hobbit and I remember getting terribly frustrated with it. The "N, N, E, N, W, S, W, N, N" etc. etc. of the Goblin's cave. It was dark with no light and if you got ONE direction wrong, you died! :'( Lol - if I remember rightly.....

Pretty much. I think I eventually wrote down the directions so that when I died at least I had the correct path up to that point. Got through it eventually. I also remember getting The GhostBusters game one Xmas from my parents. The sound track drove my mother crazy. I was really disappointed with the 'Endscene' for that game. They just went up to the top of the tower Building :(

By far the best game at the time and one I still have fond memories of is 'Elite'
  • IronMaiden_burnout
    IronMaiden_burnout
    ✭✭✭
    48 burnout here ;) alot less trouble staying indoors playing these then messin it up in the pubs. and a lot cheaper too.
    So ya been my hobby now for quite a few years.
  • Scintilla
    Scintilla
    ✭✭
    Killum wrote: »

Pretty much. I think I eventually wrote down the directions so that when I died at least I had the correct path up to that point. Got through it eventually. I also remember getting The GhostBusters game one Xmas from my parents. The sound track drove my mother crazy. I was really disappointed with the 'Endscene' for that game. They just went up to the top of the tower Building :(

By far the best game at the time and one I still have fond memories of is 'Elite'

I never discovered Elite until Elite 2 for the Amiga. Ghostbusters was a good game. I can picture several games but can't remember names. Maybe my age.....? B)
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    I am only a young 36 year old. But I am catching you oldies up :wink:
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • lecarcajou_ESO
    lecarcajou_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enteum wrote: »

EU or NA?

Oh, I forgot... NA.
    "Morally Decentralized."
  • lecarcajou_ESO
    lecarcajou_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aricle wrote: »

What's the guild focus? All aspects or PvP, PvE, etc?

I'd like there to be something for everyone... basically a place for fairly (though not necessarily) casual, relaxed peeps to learn and enjoy the game together without feeling like they moved into a virtual frat house. Anyway, I'll be on later tonight (PST) if anyone likes the idea. I ran a guild like that before in GW2 and it worked pretty well with a bunch of good officers and such... I like to be a facilitator more than a cheerleader or a dictator. Or a cheerleader dictator.

And yeah, I couldn't believe meself that the name was still available.
    Edited by lecarcajou_ESO on April 14, 2014 12:35AM
    "Morally Decentralized."
  • Orlacc
    Orlacc
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 60! Get off my lawn!
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    Rosamond wrote: »
    Lol, I think I have seniority here. 70 at the end of April, but this is all my son's fault! He got me started in EQ2, then my grandson came along, now there's a grand daughter......and the list goes on! Gaming is a great way to stay young and be part of my grandchildren's lives. My grandson gave me the best compliment ever yesterday when he said, you know Grandma, OTHER people ask me to do favors like wash the dishes and take out the garbage. Only YOU ask me to help find treasure in Stros M'kai.

Lovin' this!!
  • Snakebite6x6x6
    This thread is just proof that you don't stop having fun when you get older.... you get old when you stop having fun.

Well, at least I hope that is true. At this rate I'm going to live forever. :)
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is just proof that you don't stop having fun when you get older.... you get old when you stop having fun.

Well, at least I hope that is true. At this rate I'm going to live forever. :)

My thoughts exactly.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    38 here. I was feeling old in my guild (despite we have a good handful of people older than me) but now I'm feeling young again ^_^.

I'll be playing till they roll me off my chair and into a box ^_^.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Dysturbed
    Dysturbed
    ✭✭✭
    60 here and the person I game with is in later 60's
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lisa wrote: »
    34. I'm not an old fart, just experienced with a lot left to learn.

34 as well... I'm not an old fart, just the world becoming shallower, more constricted, more uniformed. I'm not an old fart, but i see their Facebook pages, Google+ accounts and wonder hard and deep just where it all went wrong.

Nice to meet you all :)
    Pride, honour and purity
  • gimarwb17_ESO
    gimarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like I beat everyone here. I am female btw. I am 70 believe it!
    Got into gaming about 35 years ago via my son who taught me (I was a CPA in my working life and had a loss of stress). Nothing better for stress than gaming.

Now as a retiree I can play day and night if I want to lol
    My sons are waiting for me to get Alzheimers, they say then they can give me the same game every xmas and I will think it is a new one.
  • coreserv
    coreserv
    46, 47 in August and I am all for a Old Fart Guild B) , The chat is so full of hormonal ragers and trolls. *hides his troll face" dont look im old and hideous
    >:) Ceridian- High Elf - Sorcerer
  • foxsyd
    foxsyd
    ✭✭✭
    I will be 42 in June, it's a bit surreal. I don't feel any different than the idiot I was when 22. I'm still the same obsessive geek.
    Join my guild!
    "Thank Sanguine its Fredas"
    North America Server, Ebonheart Pact, PVE/PVP, friendly & funny community. Welcomes all types of players!
    Preachers of #TeamIsland - Share your adventures and screen caps on our Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/268541133324278/
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    49 here. My mates aint no fresh "pubes" either :smiley:

Been playing online since 1996. Lots of games and sometimes lots of fun. I just wish there was some pvp loot drops :wink:
    Edited by Zubba on April 14, 2014 9:23AM
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • lycanslerwb17_ESO
    lycanslerwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an old fart, 51 this year.On a medical disability, so gaming helped me through the pain. :D
  • omimace
    omimace
    Soul Shriven
    32 here and my 12 year old stepson does seem to fit in more than me in game chat :(