Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 here. I would love to add more people to my friends list who are mature, friendly, and articulate. It allows me to ignore /zone chat, which is good for my blood pressure. (We actually maintain a "guild" that serves exclusively as a chat channel for people who are a little too old for the general chat channels.)
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to join that Rainwhisper.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • JunkyardWolf
    JunkyardWolf
    ✭✭
    SDShepherd wrote: »
    Well it just "DEPENDS" in the near future I`ll be 52 if that's considered old. B)

Depends just reduce Bio breaks :P

• The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    50 years old ;)

Pfft... Youngun. 52 and me mate I run with is 59.
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
  • Cloakofwinter
    Turned 43 this month
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absinthe wrote: »
    So we should create a new guild called "Life Alert"

lifealert.jpg

"Where's the beef."
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    gremalkin wrote: »
    A gammer is a gamer, pure and simple.

Dont you be looking at my gams you whippersnapper! This dames got real nice ones. Must be all the running and hunting in the woods. :p

Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
  • joanjett
    joanjett
    ✭✭✭
    Class of 1980........52yrs old B)
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
  • lichmeister
    lichmeister
    ✭✭✭
    i feel young at heart but that bald patch that keeps growing on top of my head would say otherwise
  • NightOwl68
    NightOwl68
    ✭✭
    45 here.
  • Neesie
    Neesie
    42 and proud of it! My husband and I have been gaming together for 14 of the 18 years we've been married. King's Quest was the first computer game that really hooked me in the late 80's. I remember they had a 900 number to call when you were stuck in the game!

Picasso had it right: it takes a long time to become young!

Solidarity, fellow older gamers! Let's get together and own these noobs!
    Edited by Neesie on April 13, 2014 11:59AM
    Neesie - Argonian Templar, Ebonhart Pact
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    You young people don't know about crappy games.
    I think some wi
    Neesie wrote: »
    42 and proud of it! My husband and I have been gaming together for 14 of the 18 years we've been married. Kingsquest was the first computer game that really hooked me in the late 80's. I remember they had a 900 number to call when you were stuck in the game!

Picasso had it right: it takes a long time to become young!

Solidarity, fellow older gamers! Let's get together and own these noobs!

I loved Kings Quest!! KQ4 was my first, Got into the old ones, and up stopped at KQ6.
    I also remember Space Quest, Quest for glory. Loved Glory, how you could have your character on a new QFG.

Do you guys remember the game, Wasteland? If you do, they are making Wasteland 2. Currently in beta. Suppose to be huuuge, and centers on Arizona and LA.
    Edited by demendred on April 13, 2014 4:56AM
  • khalum_ESO
    khalum_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    42 here.. but the real question is, how many of you played UO? And how many before the stupid Trammel add?
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    54 here.
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • Aricle
    Aricle
    ✭✭
    This is great... If anyone forms a guild off this thread, I'd be interested! (45 here).
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. -Sarah Williams
    @Aricle in-game. Ebonheart Pact with a dash of Aldmeri and Daggerfall.
  • mosryanb14_ESO
    I read somewhere - probably on here actually -
    - gamers don't stop gaming because they get old
    - They get old because the stopped gaming
    - True story :)
    - 44 here and will game til I die!
    Edited by mosryanb14_ESO on April 13, 2014 5:00AM
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think if there were games like this in the 20s, 30s, ect, our parents/grandparents would be gamers.
  • Gremlis
    Gremlis
    ✭✭
    52 year old gamer and proud of it. Been gaming since commodore 64's and been a fan of this series since Daggerfall. The vampires in that game were the first time a game actually scared the @#$% out of me.
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    33 myself. You are only as old as you let yourself feel. :)
    Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
  • Dracoda
    Dracoda
    40 here ... (We actually maintain a "guild" that serves exclusively as a chat channel for people who are a little too old for the general chat channels.)

That sounds great - 41 here and I need a place to talk about the affect that being stuck on a cliff in Cyrodiil for over an hour with 8 guildies is having on my blood pressure. I don't think the Hydrochlorothiazide is cutting it any more! (pm'd you)
  • Misty1
    Misty1
    Soul Shriven
    49 here, and interested in joining a Guild with older gamers.
  • khalum_ESO
    khalum_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    yeah, older gamer guild would rock. And I've played elder scrolls since Arena... it's been one hell of an adventure! (I'm 42)
  • Brekk
    Brekk
    35 here. I would be extremely interested in joining a mature Guild. If one gets started count me in!!
  • korwinthale
    korwinthale
    ✭✭✭
    @Accident_Pr0ne actually I have a guild of old farts :) if you are looking for people to play with hit me up @korwinthale the only younger people we generally allow is our kids. Certainly looking for members too.
    Edited by korwinthale on April 13, 2014 5:10AM
    "Still, we have to keep trying and hoping. That's what's important--the trying and the hoping. Maybe that's most important of all."
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Gunner59
    Gunner59
    ✭✭
    I'll be 55 in October and I'm looking forward to the $.50 discount at the local buffet. Been playing video games since pong and RPG's since paper D&D my first console game was a Coleco Vision.

I've seen it all, done it all, heard it all...I just can't remember it all!

Count me in for the Old Farts Guild!
    Edited by Gunner59 on April 13, 2014 5:19AM
  • Shaester
    Shaester
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone under 50 is a youngster! 62 yo grandmother here, been gaming since mid 1990's.
  • Slipperyfudge
    We need an <Elder ESO Gamers> guild! lol 40 here... and yea, the South Park style chatter gets old. I need some intellectual conversations!!

- Ashmaya
  • simonyoxallb14_ESO
    simonyoxallb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    43 here... not OLD!
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My first game was on a commodore amiga 1000, had expanded memory of 512KB (no one would ever need more than that). :-) No hard drives back then. Booted and played with floppies.