Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• TheTimeWizard
    53 here, and been playing computer games long before most of these kids were born, anyone remember Zork. First computer was a TRS 80 (trash 80 they were called) had a whopping 4k of memory lol. Others I have had include vic20, Commodore 64 & 128, Amiga, 286, 386, 486, the pentium series, i3, i5, i7, etc.. I was a beta tester for DOS 5 & 6.22, and beta tested ESO. Current rig is MacBook Pro 16gb, 768gb SSD drive, 1gb nvidia...
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow the Vic20! Anyone used to have an Atari ST (sorry off topic I know)?
    Edited by Crumpy on April 13, 2014 2:31PM
    I lyke not this quill.
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree with your labeling... but yes Im older and loving this game...

Once you use the RP channel for your zone chat, it all works out.
    A Dragon's Tear has many mystical qualities...
    dragontears.boards.net
  • pclr_99ub17_ESO
    pclr_99ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    61 here. Been playing online since The Realm in

Several guilds out there for older players--The Older Gamers (Daggerfall), Legion of the Hydra (Ebonheart), and I'm sure Old Timers Guild is here somewhere.
  • ArielleJureaux
    ArielleJureaux
    ✭✭✭
    56 here and this is my first MMO. I would be having a better time learning how to play an MMO if I had a new pc. The one I have now can barely let me play for 10 minutes before it barfs. Needless to say, my character is still a level 6, but my crafting is improving, hehehe. Oh well, I have invested in a new Xbox One, so if I can just stand the wait until beta testing starts for it, I will be fine.
    Now can someone come and help me up out of this recliner? I have to go pee...
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    68 here and luv MMO and the ES line.
  • narcolepticjedi
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    Well, I caved. I made an "Old Fart's Guild" because I was getting antsy waiting to see if anybody was going to make one. :D

I figure it'll turn out to be less of a guild than a base for old farts to find each other and meet up. If we're all adding each other to our friend list anyway, why not make a guild out of it so we can have a guild bank? B)

They make you pick a faction alliance, so I picked my own, the Aldmeri Dominion. That only becomes important when you PvP, apparently.

Anyway, the guild can always be disbanded and reformed if anybody else wants to lead the thing, or change the faction or whatever. I just thought I'd get the ball rolling.

I thought we'd make it over 40, unless some of the 30-somethings want in. Anybody who likes the idea can send me a tell/whisper in the game @SueDNim, or send me a private message here on the forums and I'll send out some invitations. How does that sound?

Thank you for starting this! I sent you an in game mail requesting a guild invitation.
  • mitch9960ub17_ESO
    53 years old with one grandkid and two more on the way. Been playing mmos since UO. Including SWG, WoW, SWtOR, and GW2. Really liking the game so far.
  • liquidhope
    i am 44 :P
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    Please let 30 count! I would like to join a more mature guild of great people like you bunch :smile:

If you can let this little fledgling into your ranks I would be grateful.

@Enteum on EU...please :)
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on both the EU and the NA servers. I love being able to connect with those friends who only play on one server.
  • Nate
    Nate
    ✭✭✭
    37 - Feels like I'm 75.
  • joanjett
    joanjett
    ✭✭✭
    Just goes to show that gamers grow up but never stop playing!!!!!!!!!! B)
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
  • SoulSeekerUSA
    SoulSeekerUSA
    ✭✭✭
    46 here, born a gamer and I will die one as well;-) Add me to all of your friends list and if anyone starts a guild for old guys like us, invite me!
  • SoulSeekerUSA
    SoulSeekerUSA
    ✭✭✭
    53 here, and been playing computer games long before most of these kids were born, anyone remember Zork. First computer was a TRS 80 (trash 80 they were called) had a whopping 4k of memory lol. Others I have had include vic20, Commodore 64 & 128, Amiga, 286, 386, 486, the pentium series, i3, i5, i7, etc.. I was a beta tester for DOS 5 & 6.22, and beta tested ESO. Current rig is MacBook Pro 16gb, 768gb SSD drive, 1gb nvidia...

Had an Amiga as well as many other Commodore computers. Never was an apple fan and even less of one now. My all time fav computer was my Amiga 500, I have more stuck in that than I have in my modern gaming rig. When I sold it I had to have had almost $5,000 worth of hardware and games. I paid $600 for a 52meg HD and another few hundred for 2 megs of ram.
  • PygmyOwl
    PygmyOwl
    ✭✭
    Loxy37 wrote: »
    I used to play Lotro with a woman who was 75.

That is awesome. I want that woman to be my grandma. :)
  • Volion
    Volion
    47, playing MMO's for a few years. ;)
    ~Volion CV
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started on a TRS-80 Model I. My mom found a guy that could install a switch so that I could switch between 4K Level 1 BASIC and 16K level 2 BASIC. It was pretty cool. Unfortunately saving programs was a pain with the cassette drive, but I got fast at typing from entering the same programs over and over again. :)

Shortly after I got an Apple II plus with 64K and 2 5 1/2" floppy drives, I was the bomb (aka) Nerdiest geek in the 7th grade. :)

I actually still have my Apple //gs which I sometimes assemble, turn on and play Bard's Tale on. What a simple game but it was soooo awesome back then.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eris wrote: »
    I started on a TRS-80 Model I. My mom found a guy that could install a switch so that I could switch between 4K Level 1 BASIC and 16K level 2 BASIC. It was pretty cool. Unfortunately saving programs was a pain with the cassette drive, but I got fast at typing from entering the same programs over and over again. :)

Shortly after I got an Apple II plus with 64K and 2 5 1/2" floppy drives, I was the bomb (aka) Nerdiest geek in the 7th grade. :)

I actually still have my Apple //gs which I sometimes assemble, turn on and play Bard's Tale on. What a simple game but it was soooo awesome back then.

ah Bard Tale! A great game
    I lyke not this quill.
  • Woogawoman
    Woogawoman
    ✭✭✭
    My first computer game experience was playing the original Adventure on a mainframe at a "bring your family to work" day when my mom was doing Cobol programming with punch cards. I have been hooked ever since. (I even got to take a "learn BASIC" class over the summer when I was 11.)

Growing up, I played on the old Trash 80 (Hammurabi!), Atari 800, Commodore 64, and so on, but mostly at friends' houses. The vast majority of that was old school text adventures.

My first personal computer was a 512K Mac (1986) with a single sided 400K floppy drive and no HD. I upgraded it to double sided drive, plus a second external drive, and that got me through college and graduate school (Dark Castle!).

My other point of pride is that I got to play the extended version of Adventure on the computer at Fermi Lab (Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory) at one point because my best friend's father was a physicist there. :)
    Aetherium Oblivion Alliance - 40+ Mature Gamers Guild (NA)
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you interested in our Old Farts chat channel ("guild"), it's called "Synchronicity." We've done the same thing with considerable success in other games (most notably LotRO and WoW), and many folks turn off general chat completely once the channel gets some steam behind it.

I'm in game right now as @Rainwhisper, and you can PM me or in-game-mail me at any time.

• Eryndae
    Eryndae
    53 yr old dame here-- I played Pong on my mother's Timex "computer" back in the 70s, and I've had a Mac around since 1988-- but I didn't get back into games until Harry Potter on a playstation! My sister and bro-in-law got me into WoW right after cata went live, and I have been an mmo addict ever since. LotRo is still a love of mine-- any Laurelin RPrs here? : >
    I'm also a high school teacher and the advisor of our Gamer's Guild club-- the 15-18 yr old kids are a lot more fun and less obnoxious (really!) in person than in chat!
    Looking forward to seeing you all around Tamriel!
  • Waychild
    Waychild
    35 here
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are only as old as you feel folks!

Oh fine, then I'm 104.

"The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our site is now live, thanks to the profound initiative of our illustrious.. the one and only... @Sue_D_Nim. It's yet still very much a WIP.

Edited by SeñorCinco on April 13, 2014 6:42PM
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    45 here. No longer have the reflexes for the shooters :(

I may not have the "twitch" for FPS anymore, but that doesn't keep me from out smarting the younguns, lol
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • hilljackb14_ESO
    hilljackb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    56 here. Glad to see more good company!
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Synchronicity is on the US server I'm guessing?
    I lyke not this quill.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crumpy wrote: »

It is, I'm afraid. Are you EU?

• Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crumpy wrote: »

It is, I'm afraid. Are you EU?

Yep
    I lyke not this quill.