Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• Blood_Oracle
    I am 29 years old. According to the new gen kids, I'm an old fart.
  • Neutrino56
    I'm 59 this month and love the game! I have two characters, one I've just nurtured to level 50 and is now Vet Rank 1, I'm chuffed to bits. Need to bring the second character up to spec now. I love the dungeons, but am totally rubbish in the campaigns. No sooner I arrive, I'm killed and have to re spawn half way across the map again.

My pet hate? THAT RUDDY THUNDERSTORM!!!!!
  • Neutrino56
    It'd also be interesting to know how many of us are ladies (term used loosely)!!
  • Glockaholic
    I am only 24... glad to see a group of gamers who aren't of the monster energy drink generation playing :smiley:

No...I'm a Red Bull Addict!!!!! B)
    I was a Dovahkiin..then I took an arrow in the knee!
  • Glockaholic
    Prabooo wrote: »
    38 here, but really interested in joining an old veteran elite guild, I can make the coffee (decaf) for you guys

Who let Mr. Decaf in???? (J/K)
    I was a Dovahkiin..then I took an arrow in the knee!
  • Cookiethief
    Cookiethief
    ✭✭✭
    Im 21, so old mannnn
    My biggest fear in life is, ending up marrying a girl who is lactose intolerant, think about it you would have to purchase double the amount of milk every week, cause you enjoy the goodness of full cream milk and she is drinking soy beans, and her milk takes up extra room in the fridge, or when you are doing a midnight run to the fridge to get a nice cup of milk and to accidentally pour some Soy milk. I couldn't imagine a worst way to do married life. - Barry Scott
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    49 here.

My first MMO was Ultima Online which got me hooked on the genre. The good ole days where you didn't have to grind to compete. Instead once you reach skill point cap you just enjoyed the game and adjusted your build just by using/not using skills. Players created much of the content as it was a sandbox game and role-playing had meaning.

My favorite memories are of being chased by PKs as a newb with my heart rate pounding. Then once I became powerful and learned how to fight back I turned the table on them. I would act like a newb and bait them into attack or just hang in the newb harvesting areas and protect non-PvPrs. Rolling with other red killers and group fights. Being a successful PK (Red) hunter was the best of times in that game.

Ah the days before the carrot on a stick approach perverted the genre. Such fond memories of that game :)
    Edited by Sureshawt on September 15, 2015 4:00PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @failkiwib16_ESO It's not that bad, actually. The lighting is easy on the eyes, you get to slay those pesky Daedra and you can get to Hollow City for a well earned break from all that slaying. The thing is, the fire isn't exactly warm so if your are a Dragon Knight or a Destruction mage or if you are not one of those, find one of these delightful people, ask nicely if they would light your campfire for you. Then if you are the social type, you can get cosy by sitting around it and swap stories while taking the chill off anything that was...chilled. Caldharbour fire doesn't cook your food very well.

This should totally be the start of someone's fanfic about the Wailing Prison...
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neutrino56 wrote: »
    It'd also be interesting to know how many of us are ladies (term used loosely)!!

50 years old, female but wouldn't describe myself as a lady >:)
    Started gaming back in the 70s (wargames and rpgs), pc gaming much later in the 90s.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    55 here, started back in the 70's with D&D, basic D&D .... the 3 little books "Dungeons & Dragons", "Greyhawk", "Blackmore", plus the little "Monster Manual" and "Gods, Demi-gods & Demons". Played UO for 12+ years, and now I'm here in ESO.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    32 and feeling so much better about myself! My beautiful and patient fiance walks into my office, see's my dog at my feet, HER cat on my lap and me with my headset on grinding dungeons. I just get that "oh my god where did I go wrong" look!

New to MMORPG games, a convert from the acid spewing hatred that is Fifa Ultimate Team. If there is a guild out there for your older, more casual gamers sign me up. Funny how no one believes you could possibly have a successful career and play video games. Guess we should all watch more SVU: East Miami to Boca Raton and part of St. Petersburg Crime Unit.
    Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    @failkiwib16_ESO It's not that bad, actually. The lighting is easy on the eyes, you get to slay those pesky Daedra and you can get to Hollow City for a well earned break from all that slaying. The thing is, the fire isn't exactly warm so if your are a Dragon Knight or a Destruction mage or if you are not one of those, find one of these delightful people, ask nicely if they would light your campfire for you. Then if you are the social type, you can get cosy by sitting around it and swap stories while taking the chill off anything that was...chilled. Caldharbour fire doesn't cook your food very well.

This should totally be the start of someone's fanfic about the Wailing Prison...
    Thank you very much. :)

Edited by Elektrakosh on September 16, 2015 11:59AM
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• Rexlyn
    Rexlyn
    Soul Shriven
    40...just starting today...
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    60 y/o gamer here. Started playing Pong on the Atari, but officially became a gamer with my son on the Intellivision, Absolutely love Fallout3, Skyrim and now ESO...patiently waiting for Fallout4 this fall.

Fallout Four! Yes.
    Good to see this thread resurrected.
    We are still going strong...good ol' souls, spamming our buttons & drinking the good stuff (because we can afford it now).
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • gilbegger
    gilbegger
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering if there are any people out there with the same hobby as me....If so feel free to invite me in your friends list....Maybe to team up sometimes.

@Accident_Pr0ne
    50 years old ;)

Im not old...but my farts are. (45)
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 42
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @failkiwib16 Blame the worms cult., who else!
    O.o
    JUST FOR ONCE IT IS NOT THE HEALERS FAULT!!!
    Templars have vampires bane, that might help with the cooking issues. What do you eat, while laying there? I've been slacking on the provisioning part, regarding the new recipes and thought maybe you had a tip or two? :3
  • OneWhomWaits
    OneWhomWaits
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by OneWhomWaits on November 22, 2017 6:49PM
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rexlyn wrote: »
    40...just starting today...

Welcome! Are you on console or PC?
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭
    Im 26 is that too old for the groovy gang
  • tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭
    41 in a couple months

PS4
    NA server
    Guild: Grown Up Problems
    3 VR toons
    Hate PvP... in just about anything... enjoy Vet dungeons and working toward end game content in PvE

Typically game with down to earth / well balanced / level headed / professionals / who all have high family values / and... we all disband most of that crap in the day-to-day to be gamers and potty mouthed adults - still in touch with their inner child on the evening / weekends because a break from reality to de-stress, unplug and unwind.

We work to level up, gear grind, our goal is to get to a point where we can do more end game dungeons, trails, dragon star, and the alike. Fellowship, toon progress, and a relaxed pace and end game content is all we are really after. Some of us are more aggressive toward crafting skills and leveling up / optimizing than others. All of us have other responsibilities thus the title of the Guild. A few of us have multiple toons. We are about as far from organized or structured as a guild can get. We only created it so we could use the functions to see when folks were on. It serves a purpose for us to to use the features in the game. However, as we start getting into the mid-Vet levels with some toons, and we earn some of those gold keys and a few of the monster helms, we have started to get a taste of the end game content, and a few of us have ramped up our leveling. I'll hit VR8 with a DK tonight.

Anyway, sandwich-maker, T&A, fart jokes politics, you name it just come with the territory from time to time... we are all very boisterous, very pro-gun / anti-liberal, and I can't think of a topic that doesn't come across the mic at some point or another... it takes a thick skin to be around our crowd I suppose... some of the folks on my friends list I've gamed with for over 10 years online... those I continue to game with over the years know, we leave modern political correctness at the door... but everyone I tend to get along with has a barbershop type of respect for one another. You can call someone a fvck-tard, ***, vag or short-bus-riding-window-licker and nobody gets offended... If you can appreciate the humor in movies like the Hangover and Grand Turino, then you might get the nature of the folks I game with and you might even fit in... maybe.

Not really looking to swell the ranks or anything, but always happy to meet other folks of like mind who want to do some Vet Dungeons or end game content... and our doors are open. Just note the above. If any of the above sounds alarming or offensive, we are a bad fit. No worries. It's us not you... :)

Happy hunting, ***,
    NA, PS4, vr13-DE Maj DK, vr9-HE Maj Sorc, vr1-Kaj Stam NB
    Knowledge is Power
  • Scorpio_Alik'ri
    It is The "Elder" Scrolls after all.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Templars have vampires bane, that might help with the cooking issues. What do you eat, while laying there? I've been slacking on the provisioning part, regarding the new recipes and thought maybe you had a tip or two? :3

Lying around would mean you become Clannfear food but it is a good tactic if you want to catch one of those sharp toothed blighters unawares. As the Beastie comes over for a nibble, wait a little, they make a funny gurgling sound just as it is about to take a bite and thrust a blade into its jugular, it will leap away from you and bleed out allowing one to have Clannfear steaks once it's life expires.
    Adding something simple as salt and lemon works wonders for taste. You can find those things if you sneak around the buildings and have a rummage through some folks belongings. You could also casually take stuff in Hollow city.
    I found some coffee on a few occasions, Daedra love coffee and I expect that if you disturb them while on a coffee break, they get a little bit hostile like some people who work in an office who have cups on their desks which have coffee measurements on the outside of their cup ranging from "Don't speak to me or even look in my direction" to "You may speak" crudely written with their own poop or someone else's blood.
    Oh, I'm sorry I do believe I went on a bit of a ramble there. I think that adventures in Cold harbour is an absolutely smashing way to keep the boredom away.

Watcher tentacle stew is rather nice, a few carrots, potatoes and nirnroot for a little special zing. Everyone makes if different there. Soulshriven on the other hand, don't really do much. The just stand around looking rather sorry for themselves. Don't bother trying to strike up a conversation with those people it can be rather dull.

Edited by Elektrakosh on September 18, 2015 9:04AM
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elektrakosh Ohhhh this starts to worry me. Daedras are immortal and if you eat them in any way or shape, they are still alive. I wonder if I go on a killing spree on Coldharbour, catch and eat Watchers and Clannfears, will they drink the coffee I pour down my throat?

This is a very serious issue, as I am highly addicted to coffee. I play as a healer in dungeons, and when I don't get enough coffee, for some reason my team mates die in the most mysterious ways.
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    60 y/o gamer here. Started playing Pong on the Atari, but officially became a gamer with my son on the Intellivision, Absolutely love Fallout3, Skyrim and now ESO...patiently waiting for Fallout4 this fall.

Fallout Four! Yes.
    Good to see this thread resurrected.
    We are still going strong...good ol' souls, spamming our buttons & drinking the good stuff (because we can afford it now).

41, here... and also waiting for Fallout 4! :)

I prefer not to think about all that swill I used to chug. >.<
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is a very serious issue, as I am highly addicted to coffee. I play as a healer in dungeons, and when I don't get enough coffee, for some reason my team mates die in the most mysterious ways.

That seems perfectly reasonable to me.

vtPDwAA.jpg
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭

@failkiwib16_ESO That's why hot fires are important. Stops the meat from regenerating. I think with lesser Daedra, their life Essence is displaced to somewhere else before they respawn so Daedra are immortal, that is true. I've eaten a few Clannfear morsels and they have not done me any harm...Yes I do look a bit loose in the skin but that's cold harbour for you.

Looks like You'll and the weapon wielding Daedra will be fighting over the coffee. It seems to be in short supply but I've managed to scrounge a sizable amount during my stay. I'm a tea drinker, myself.
    Edited by Elektrakosh on September 19, 2015 7:01AM
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    here here.. old and young be one :)
  •  HollyQ502
    Neutrino56 wrote: »

50 year old female here...I suspect I'll still be gaming when I'm in the old folks home.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    44 y/o and loving ESO...would love some more folks to PVE or even PVP with. I play EP but don't mind rolling a new toon. Am on PS4 and play the NA server.

@soldras on the PS4...

Happy hunting.