Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• JunkyardWolf
    JunkyardWolf
    ✭✭
    OFC_it wrote: »
    I was born in 57. And this October I will be 57.

Yes! lets hear it for us 57 babies!

• bart.pcgames_ESO
    bart.pcgames_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This October I will be playing with a full deck (52). :)
  • cura666eb17_ESO
    Elder Farts Online ;-) Im 40
  • Rhylanna
    Rhylanna
    ✭✭
    @Scintilla You should contact @Accident_Pr0ne. He started this thread and has started a guild on the EU server. I don't remember the name of his guild, but I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from you. I believe both his forum and account names are @Accident_Pr0ne.
    Fatewalkers NA server, primarily Daggerfall Covenant, 30+ (mature, working folks with kids, dogs, etc!), casual, PVE oriented, small but growing!
    Antique Ordinatus Populus NA server, technically with Aldmeri Dominion but have members in all alliances, 40+ (even ++++!), mature, casual (fun people who sometimes forget what they're doing...or maybe that's just me :p ) antique-ordinatus-populus.enjin.com
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    33, guess that's old to some :)
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Granz
    Granz
    ✭✭
    44 here! Been playing games since the Timex Sinclair...
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    46 and still loving the games :)

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    54 and counting......backwards next year I will be 53 again B)
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rather than make a topic, make a post. Was wondering if there was any Ron and Fez fans out there?
    Edited by demendred on April 27, 2014 11:41PM
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As one looks over this thread from the other side of qualifying for my bus pass (65) I an a bit muddled over how many youngsters in their 30s and 40s are self identifying as "old farts"
    But unless you walked 5 miles to school each day (uphill both ways through hip deep snow) dragging your siblings on a sled behind you are not (yet) an old fart.

Why back in my day you young whippersnappers we programmed our computers with punch cards and don't forget your class I'd punch card when you take your deck to the computer center to run it and for gods sake don't drop and pie (scramble the order of the cards) your deck as the card sorter at the center has not worked in years... Get your batch process card and hope when you come back the next day that your run print out does not consist of one line
    *******SYNTAX ERROR IN 5********
    We used to play Star Treck on the line printer if we could get intern jobs working on the PDP-10 our university shared with every department

HARUMPH! Kids today!
    Edited by Windshadow_ESO on April 27, 2014 11:45PM
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see so many seasoned players :) seasoned in years that is!

43 here, still working on getting my 16 yr old son into MMO's.
  • Scintilla
    Scintilla
    ✭✭
    Rhylanna wrote: »
    @Scintilla You should contact @Accident_Pr0ne. He started this thread and has started a guild on the EU server. I don't remember the name of his guild, but I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from you. I believe both his forum and account names are @Accident_Pr0ne.
    Thank You

Jesus! Did I SAY that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?
  • Pppaul
    Pppaul
    We used to play Star Treck on the line printer if we could get intern jobs working on the PDP-10 our university shared with every department

HARUMPH! Kids today!

Hey... I learned to program on a line printer and eventually a PDP-11!

When you consider the relative percentages of players in each age bracket, I think anyone over 40 can be considered part of the "old guard" for gamers.
  • Pppaul
    Pppaul
    After watching the pointless bickering in Zone chat, I sure wish these games had servers for people 30 and older.
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Pppaul wrote: »
    After watching the pointless bickering in Zone chat, I sure wish these games had servers for people 30 and older.

I wish that in every MMO I've ever played. LOL.
    I wish for RP servers, too. Alas.

"If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • ripleyblue1ub17_ESO
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    I wish that in every MMO I've ever played. LOL.
    I wish for RP servers, too. Alas.
    60 here! Being used to the RP server in LOTRO, this was quite a change! I wish all games had an RP server that was TRULY RP
  • nez
    nez
    ✭✭✭
    There's a question that been itching me for a time now, fellow gamers, do you, in that age ~50-60 still get emotional from some moments in the mmo's? Like "that *** killed me!", thats really intrigy! :3
    Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Batmaaaan
  • Archie
    Archie
    ✭✭✭
    You are not alone! Oldie here but not quite there with you yet ;)

• Jarndyce
    Jarndyce
    ✭✭✭
    nez wrote: »
    There's a question that been itching me for a time now, fellow gamers, do you, in that age ~50-60 still get emotional from some moments in the mmo's? Like "that *** killed me!", thats really intrigy! :3

I don't react like that anymore. I usually get mad at myself, "**** fingers! If you would push the right key, I might not have died!!!" lol
  • Razour
    Razour
    ✭✭✭
    1965 vintage.
    ╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    αӡѻυг
    ╠══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Clothier 50 | Wood Worker 50 | Black Smith 50 | Provisioner 50 | Alchemist 50 | Enchanter 50
    ^^^ Now Recruiting ^^^
    ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• fredarbonab14_ESO
    fredarbonab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Jarndyce wrote: »

One becomes more philosophical, and the knee-jerk emotional reactions lessen. The instinctive excitement and emotions however remain the same; every time I play and enter a dungeon, I find myself just as amazed and excited.
    Overall, one tends to become more grateful - for having such a great choice in an MMO like ESO today.
  • Nepos
    Nepos
    Soul Shriven
    Old..ish fart here 47
  • RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    My guild is all members 39 to 59. You all did notice I didn't comment on my age...hmm? This woman never tells her age but I am not the one who is 59 lol.
    Edited by RianaTheBosmer on April 29, 2014 6:08PM
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    38 here, or 39, can't remember. Someone needs to make an over 30 guild and invite everyone from this thread.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Dreyfron
    Dreyfron
    ✭✭✭
    46 here ;)
  • prw3usab14_ESO
    prw3usab14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    sigh,I ges i am stuck with oldest player,76.also there is a guild called old timers guild it is a multi game guild do a search for there forum
  • Dreyfron
    Dreyfron
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering if there are any people out there with the same hobby as me....If so feel free to invite me in your friends list....Maybe to team up sometimes.

@Accident_Pr0ne
    50 years old ;)

I presume you are on EU server?

• GruntDoc
    GruntDoc
    Hi all. 60-something gamer here.
    It's always fun to remind the younger generations that this all didn't start with them, despite what they may think. (Of course, we all felt exactly the same way,
    didn't we? lol)

My first experience with "Fantasy and RPG" was back in 1957 when my old man gave me a rather tattered copy of There and Back Again. It was given to him by a nice volunteer lass in an Army hospital in Australia during WW2. He also had a magical cardboard box full of Pulps and Digests out in the garage. Oh how I wish I had those now. lol!

Don't ya just love it when the current generation moans about the $15/mo sub
    fee? How many of us remember the phone bills we racked up subbing to several BBS's on dial-up at 1200 Baud.

For that matter... the folks whimpering about $15/mo have obviously NEVER
    decided to foot the bill to take the kids and grandkids to Disney World or
    Disneyland for one day. OUCH!!!

Keep gaming folks.
    :D
    Doc
  • Dahlia_Bristow

Are you kidding? I cry over TV commercials so yeah, a sad in-game story line will turn into a kleenex moment in a hot minute. :)

Oh, wait. You mean get mad cause I screwed up and got myself killed? Nah. I just pretty much dust myself off and go at it again. I get mad if I use a soul shard instead of going to a wayshrine when I die sometimes, though... :p
    Edited by Dahlia_Bristow on April 29, 2014 7:10PM
  • Dahlia_Bristow
    sigh,I ges i am stuck with oldest player,76.also there is a guild called old timers guild it is a multi game guild do a search for there forum

Salute!

I'll bet there's someone older who just hasn't showed up yet. :)