Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• Accident_Pr0ne
    Dreyfron wrote: »
    I was wondering if there are any people out there with the same hobby as me....If so feel free to invite me in your friends list....Maybe to team up sometimes.

@Accident_Pr0ne
    50 years old ;)

I presume you are on EU server?
    Yes I am ;)
    “Rusty Old Weapons”
    We are active in the EU server.
    ROW is a guild for mature players, men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 or older.
    Feel free to visit our websit www.rustyweapons.com
  • Evanis
    Evanis
    ✭✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »
    My god, this game is FULL of kids! They think 50 is old.

I know, right! I'm 45 years old and I've been a PC gamer since my father brought home a Timex Sinclair ZX81 back in 1981! That little gem had only 1kb of onboard memory and no dedicated video processor... It ran very simple games and puzzles, but at 12 years old, I thought it was an absolutely magical piece of technology. Now I'm playing ESO on a system that would have been considered extraterrestrial technology back then!
  • SwordBlaster
    SwordBlaster
    Soul Shriven
    And another one here (41). Proud to enjoy the first MMOs ever, called MUDs. All you needed was a telnet terminal and lots of imagination (no graphics, just text in their beginnings).
    Hope i can find some guild that accept some old spanish fart that takes its time on game just to enjoy it!
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    43 here, gaming has been a life long hobby for me since I was a kid in the 70s! :)
    Edited by AstroCat on April 29, 2014 9:38PM
  • firewatch
    firewatch
    ✭✭✭
    50 YOA... been playing RPG's since the 80's. "Pool of Radiance" was one of my favorites. Anybody else remember the "Forgotton Realms" series? Good stuff...
  • Lochmann
    Lochmann
    Soul Shriven
    56, and stay offa my lawn ya little buggars! <Fitfully waves his cane over his head then totters back into his house and slams the screen door behind him>
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firewatch wrote: »
    50 YOA... been playing RPG's since the 80's. "Pool of Radiance" was one of my favorites. Anybody else remember the "Forgotton Realms" series? Good stuff...

Played every one of those gold box games! Loved them all.
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    57 !!
  • Rhylanna
    Rhylanna
    ✭✭
    firewatch wrote: »

One of my all time favorites! I haven't thought about that game in years!!
    Fatewalkers NA server, primarily Daggerfall Covenant, 30+ (mature, working folks with kids, dogs, etc!), casual, PVE oriented, small but growing!
    Antique Ordinatus Populus NA server, technically with Aldmeri Dominion but have members in all alliances, 40+ (even ++++!), mature, casual (fun people who sometimes forget what they're doing...or maybe that's just me :p ) antique-ordinatus-populus.enjin.com
  • AgriyaTheGrey
    AgriyaTheGrey
    ✭✭✭
    51 and counting. ...very, very slowly because I don't really want to get to my last number. ;)
    Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.
    -Group Captain Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader CBE DSO DFC FRAeS DL
    If a man is correct in his own person, then there will be obedience without orders being given; but if he is not correct in his own person, there will not be obedience even though orders are given.
    -The Lun Yu
  • unicorn1844
    65 and when I am gaming I feel like I am young again no longer mobility impaired by my health problems... There are a lot more of us out there that you might think you young whipper snappers! Why back in the day we played with punch cards and paper tape input and while dragging a troll uphill both ways through hip deep snow.... Kids just have no respect anymore.... Grumble where are my pills..... o:)

62 here and I can't agree more. In fact I think ( my opinion only) that MMOs should really be age restricted to those of us who are retired. The rest of you have jobs, kids, school, dogs, cars, and tons of stuff that make you go afk way too often. I get so tired of starting a dungeon only to hear "Sorry I got to go cuz I have (insert xyz) tomorrow" or "Sorry gotta get the kids (insert xyz)". Us old folks already did all that and now we have a fixed income that can pay that 15 dollars a month and way too much time on our hands. I too am mobility challenged and the gaming community has kept me sane for the last six years.

Now where did I put that old slide rule, someone needs whacking!

• JunkyardWolf
    JunkyardWolf
    ✭✭
    @GruntDoc Don't forget the $100.00+ a MB for ram :P
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    65 and when I am gaming I feel like I am young again no longer mobility impaired by my health problems... There are a lot more of us out there that you might think you young whipper snappers! Why back in the day we played with punch cards and paper tape input and while dragging a troll uphill both ways through hip deep snow.... Kids just have no respect anymore.... Grumble where are my pills..... o:)

62 here and I can't agree more. In fact I think ( my opinion only) that MMOs should really be age restricted to those of us who are retired. The rest of you have jobs, kids, school, dogs, cars, and tons of stuff that make you go afk way too often. I get so tired of starting a dungeon only to hear "Sorry I got to go cuz I have (insert xyz) tomorrow" or "Sorry gotta get the kids (insert xyz)". Us old folks already did all that and now we have a fixed income that can pay that 15 dollars a month and way too much time on our hands. I too am mobility challenged and the gaming community has kept me sane for the last six years.

Now where did I put that old slide rule, someone needs whacking!

Thats funny........!!!!!!!. I'm 63......love playing my games.....
  • Dante_Marquis
    Dante_Marquis
    ✭✭
    46 here and my wife who also plays is 45
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm 45. Nice to see I'm in good company :smile:
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    69; Female and loving this game; although I am having a hard time with Molag Bal
  • Misty
    Misty
    ✭✭✭
    61 in July and loving my games more than ever.
    I do miss my text adventure. ;)
    Edited by Misty on June 13, 2014 8:05PM
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Misty wrote: »
    61 in July and loving my games more than ever.
    I do miss my text adventure. ;)

Oh, yeah. I loved text adventures. Happy early birthday. I'm July also, but a few years behind you.

"If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Madval
    Madval
    ✭✭✭
    41, and I have 3 wondeful daughters. Playing video games since 1978 ;)
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Misty‌ - I have a complete archive of the old Infocom games. They are still fun to get out and play.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the sounds of it, the question should have been "Are there any youngsters playing this game??, because we old farts outnumber you"

And I'm Forty myself.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • JohnSRice
    JohnSRice
    Soul Shriven
    I was wondering if there are any people out there with the same hobby as me....If so feel free to invite me in your friends list....Maybe to team up sometimes.

@Accident_Pr0ne
    50 years old ;)

• JohnSRice
    JohnSRice
    Soul Shriven
    you young whipper snappers. you all kids, I'm 67 last march.
  • scriber
    scriber
    As one looks over this thread from the other side of qualifying for my bus pass (65) I an a bit muddled over how many youngsters in their 30s and 40s are self identifying as "old farts"
    But unless you walked 5 miles to school each day (uphill both ways through hip deep snow) dragging your siblings on a sled behind you are not (yet) an old fart.

Why back in my day you young whippersnappers we programmed our computers with punch cards and don't forget your class I'd punch card when you take your deck to the computer center to run it and for gods sake don't drop and pie (scramble the order of the cards) your deck as the card sorter at the center has not worked in years... Get your batch process card and hope when you come back the next day that your run print out does not consist of one line
    *******SYNTAX ERROR IN 5********
    We used to play Star Treck on the line printer if we could get intern jobs working on the PDP-10 our university shared with every department

HARUMPH! Kids today!

Harumph! I don't know about the others, but when a lot of the players seem to be >18 it can certainly feel as if you're an old fart, whether you truly qualify in the strictest sense or not. :P Just recently I impressed (shocked? horrified?) a lad because I'd had a NES as a kid, "U really are old!" he said to me, lol. (Spoiler: I turned 30 barely two weeks ago, hah) I imagine I have more in common with a lot of the folks in this thread (at least general personality wise) than the, ahem, 'colorful' youngsters I see shouting all over the place in zone chat.

• tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    44 here :)
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Misty‌ - I have a complete archive of the old Infocom games. They are still fun to get out and play.
    One of my most cherished gaming moments was, after the best part of 5 weeks totally stuck I was able to figure how to get the cube to a location you couldn't take to in Spellbreaker: so long I've forgotten the details but the total "you damned idiot why didn't you think of that before" moment was priceless. :D
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's quite a nice guild for older players called Antique Ordinatus Populus (http://antique-ordinatus-populus.enjin.com/home). It's designed for mature players and I love being a part of it. It's nice to have a cadre of people who are always willing to group quest, do dungeon runs, or travel to Cyrodil.

I'm 64 myself, but feel like I'm still in my 30s. I've been gaming since my Amiga days in the late 80s, and I work with kids in school as a technology instructor. One of my goals this summer (aside from mastering all crafts in ESO) is to learn Minecraft, so next Fall the kids and I can build fabulous structures.

Gaming is a fabulous pastime involving problem-solving and collaboration with others, and I pity those "grown-ups" who consider "video games" a trivial waste of time.

BTW, I will NOT go to my grave till I become Emperor of Tamriel!!!
    Edited by Caroloces on June 16, 2014 3:19PM
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 48 and not feeling quite as old as I did before I read this thread.
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
  • Adramelach
    Adramelach
    ✭✭✭
    45 here. Check out www.TheOldTimersGuild.com - they have an ESO chapter, along with ones for many other games
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your aren't over 60 you aren't even close to old, turn 68 this week :) but as long as I don't look in a mirror I feel about 25.
    Old farts rule.