Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• TwixtMYnethers
    Nice to see this thread doing so well. 43 here, been pc gaming for over 10 years and to think I didn't even know how to turn on a computer until I was 30! Now I'm a graphic designer by day and gamer by night. The gaming part started after I met my husband (who is 54) and he convinced me to create a cleric and play EQ with him. He was 2 boxing at time and was thrilled to have me following him around and heal him even though I got lost a lot and made him join the purple club too many times. Since then the game has changed several times but not much else. Still healing poorly and getting lost but having a blast doing it!
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see this thread doing so well.

Is your username a Firefly/Serenity reference? If so I can guarantee you and your husband instant membership in our Old Fogey guild, Synchronicity (which is really just a chat channel for articulate, friendly, mature players). Just send me a message @Raiinwhisper .

• Osthareane
    I'm only 24 (25 this july) but I do prefer company of the older generations. I have a friend who is over sixty who plays an mmo.
    "The gods have no mercy, that's why they are gods."
  • weswoodsb14a_ESO
    weswoodsb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    49 here
  • antmck2011rwb17_ESO
    I'm 46, been playing games for years. Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and now ESO. Also like Star Trek Online. I can still remember my old Commodore 64. Back then when you turned the computer on it was up and running in seconds. Granted you couldn't do a lot until you loading a tape (yes tape). Now my Windows 7 machine takes forever with 16gig RAM??!!
  • mzirad_ESO
    mzirad_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    60 here. There are a lot of us old time gamer. Haven't see the guild Old Timers in this game yet but they have been in most games. Been awhile since I have checked in with them. Maybe they will get a chapter in this game. There are several guilds filled with the over 50 crowd but they usualy are not very vocal except in voice or guild chat.

• Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    54 end of May. Crotchety old curmudgeon.
  • Mercbird
    Mercbird
    ✭✭
    Enigmatix wrote: »
    Wow 17 Pages of older people playing this Game.
    My Brain is funny some times:

- Was reading some posts and scrolling through the pages.
    - Slowly imagined all the older people scolling through the post.
    - BAM it hit me "The Elder Scrolls Online"
    Ok now i know what it is really about :lol:

BTW I am only 21 though i will better get out of this thread fast :wink:

Guess thats why reading an elder scroll makes you blind!
    Dont worry no one will throw their dentures at you for speaking up. With punctuation. ;)

And someone grab a hold of Cohen , please
    219361_1254994237_large.jpg

• Jarndyce
    Jarndyce
    ✭✭✭
    Im an oldy goldy too LOL ... been a gamer for over 15 yrs now,,, dam time flies. Think I have played every MMO that has been out. woooo larwdy

And it was fun playing multiplayer and shooting all those whiney pesky youngsters!!! Lol
  • Jarndyce
    Jarndyce
    ✭✭✭
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    Jarndyce wrote: »
    ... Red Dead Redemption...
    That's one of my favorites. It's more than an engrossing story and the first video game to make my cry. I can actually spend hours just riding my horse around the countryside, hunting, selling furs, drinking and gambling.

LOL I am getting old!

This is the post I actually wanted to quote!!!
  • magpie
    magpie
    ✭✭
    Definitely not the only one. I'm 50 in the autumn. :)
  • EinionYrth
    EinionYrth
    ✭✭✭✭
    54 in August, was a games programmer from '84 to '06. No, nothing famous before you ask, but it payed the mortgage.
  • sigmond
    sigmond
    It seems there are more of the older people here than I thought. I'm 44 wife is 47. Orsinium will be a hopping place now!!
    Let me guess you want a prize because you showed up. Here have a cookie.
  • Fas
    Fas
    ✭✭
    I was wondering if there are any people out there with the same hobby as me....If so feel free to invite me in your friends list....Maybe to team up sometimes.

@Accident_Pr0ne
    50 years old ;)

Greetings, Cub. 55 here, gripey and still gaming.
  • Accident_Pr0ne
    Fas wrote: »
    I was wondering if there are any people out there with the same hobby as me....If so feel free to invite me in your friends list....Maybe to team up sometimes.

@Accident_Pr0ne
    50 years old ;)

Greetings, Cub. 55 here, gripey and still gaming.
    THX m8..Regards to you to :)
    “Rusty Old Weapons”
    We are active in the EU server.
    ROW is a guild for mature players, men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 or older.
    Feel free to visit our websit www.rustyweapons.com
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭

@Accident_Pr0ne
    50 years old ;)

Damn you're old.
    I am 41 :stuck_out_tongue:

• miabellarose
    52 here
  • foxsyd
    foxsyd
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't mention this before when I commented to this awesome thread a week ago... But I am both a older gamer and a new gamer. I'll be 42 this June, but I only started playing games early 2011.

Sometimes I get a little lost when some of my younger friends talk about older games I never experienced.

But I'm having a blast at this new hobby!
    Join my guild!
    "Thank Sanguine its Fredas"
    North America Server, Ebonheart Pact, PVE/PVP, friendly & funny community. Welcomes all types of players!
    Preachers of #TeamIsland - Share your adventures and screen caps on our Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/268541133324278/
  • Arsvita
    I am not a whelp, but do not consider myself an "Old Fart". :wink:

I will say that i have been playing games for a good 40 years though.
    Um, video games. Board games longer.

I will try to find a set of videos from, I believe, YouTube that covered the history of gaming. The second video (?) was very interesting with amazing concepts that were ahead of it's time. This included what could have been the start of pvp. Created in a BETA that never went to market due to the limits of the internet.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been a member of the Unrepentant Gaming Community for 5 years and have never played with a better group of folks. Mature but not stodgy, fun, respectful and bawdy when it counts. We are a group of geriatric juvenile delinquents and worth checking out.

Here is our forum post...
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62127/unrepentant-remove-pants-before-clicking#latest

--- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Scintilla
    Scintilla
    ✭✭
    Now whilst I don't consider myself "old" at 46 (though young-uns will indeed see me as "old") I do get confused about a few things online and/or online gaming wise (which, apparently, is what us "old" people do mucho of and it's probably expected of us so at least it keeps the teenagers happy).

Referring to ESO I still get confused as to who/how I contact certain posters within this thread in-game. The name I'm using for these posts is only the name of one character in-game so how do peeps know who I am when I'm contacting them? Also the name that pops up in guild chat is my account name so what the.....?! (Yes I've managed to join a Guild and they are nice but when them young-uns get talking, oh my...)

Also, different servers mean I can't be in-game with certain others. Is there/are there some really really good (read: tolerant) EU guilds out there that understand that passing of years feeling? If so, please give me explicit instructions as to what to do next pertinent to joining :D

Yours, destined to never group in ESO,

Me :'(
    Jesus! Did I SAY that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?
  • Silverglass66
    Silverglass66
    Soul Shriven
    47 here, been playing MMOs since EQ.
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Scintilla,

You don't have to be in your nineties to feel out of touch with the youngsters, especially the ones who like to talk smack about how, apparently, the concept of games and entertainment was invented for them and there's something mentally wrong with you if you play a game of any kind after the age of 40 ... or 30 ... or 25.

In order to contact somebody in game that you only know from the forums, you'd need to know their game account name (which may be totally different from their forum account name) or one of their character names. Apparently, capitalization counts.

In TESO, pretty much everything is tied to your account, not your character, and that includes guild membership. Since it's your account and not your character that joined the guild, it's your account name that shows up.

I'd love for you to check out our guild (in my signature) but it's on the NA server, and I don't know how that would work.

I hope some of that helped a little.

~ Sue
    Edited by Sue_D_Nim on April 27, 2014 4:40PM
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Aricle
    Aricle
    ✭✭
    On a totally different note, I have a 'what just happened here?' question. I read up on the general topic but found nothing about this specific event. I helped out with three Anchors yesterday and on the last 2, got to actually disabling the pinons or whatever they are called. I didn't get any drops- but afterward, a fiery ball of light surrounds the tip of all my staffs. When I did another Anchor, it got bigger and had sparking rays coming out of it. It hasn't gone away after several hours. It's very cool although it blinds my night vision! Anyone know what this is aside from a nifty visual?
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. -Sarah Williams
    @Aricle in-game. Ebonheart Pact with a dash of Aldmeri and Daggerfall.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aricle‌ - Did you check to see if you had gotten a Fighter's Guild achievement of some kind? Closing anchors is linked to Fighter's Guild rep.

Another option is to bring up your character screen and see which buffs you have active.
    Edited by Rainwhisper on April 27, 2014 5:27PM
  • Aricle
    Aricle
    ✭✭
    @RainWhisper: I checked the buffs and nothing. I got the 'You have cleared X area' notification but hadn't started FG yet at the time. I forgot to ask others if they could see it too. Khajiit hallucinations? :)
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aricle‌ - I long suspected you had a little too much of the moon sugar in you!

Definitely join the FG before closing anchors. You get rep for each one.
  • Aricle
    Aricle
    ✭✭
    @Rainwhisper‌: yes, the sacred worship of Ja-Kha'jay is important to this one. (Lol).
  • WingedMoose
    WingedMoose
    Soul Shriven
    I've been following this thread for several weeks now, but been too busy in ESO to comment (or even respond to the e-mail forum invite a month ago). I finally became interested in Skyrim due to the graphics and story immersion, even though I had owned several of the 90's era elder scrolls titles. I never played them much though.
    At 63, I really hadn't envisioned myself thinking much of gaming mice or programmable keyboards,but I've caught myself looking at gaming hardware posts and mice on Amazon as of late and my complaints to the doctor about minor aches and pains that visits to the gym bring on, the complaint I'll probably have to explain in a few months is the episode of carpal-tunnel ESO most likely will cause <g>

The one real difference I enjoy about ESO is watching all the players simply run around and assisting each other. It makes me realize how lonely it was in Skyrim (that was after my wife made me quit seeing questing with Lydia...)

@WingedMoose
  • fredarbonab14_ESO
    fredarbonab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The community of players (not posters nor zone chat jockeys) is outstanding in this game. Helpful, polite and always trying to help, THAT is what I see IN the game. Considering how many grown ups there is in the player base, it is little wonder.