Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• Accident_Pr0ne
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    If your aren't over 60 you aren't even close to old, turn 68 this week :) but as long as I don't look in a mirror I feel about 25.
    Old farts rule.
    You bet B)
    “Rusty Old Weapons”
    We are active in the EU server.
    ROW is a guild for mature players, men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 or older.
    Feel free to visit our websit www.rustyweapons.com
  • Edlyn
    Edlyn
    I just found this thread and was wondering if there is an AD guild (not a PVP only please) on the NA server out there... for us "older farts"?

I would love to join. :D
    Edited by Edlyn on June 16, 2014 4:25PM
  • Rizzorat60_ESO
    Rizzorat60_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Count me in at 67 Girl Power , ." Old who's Old?" Please sing to the tune of Michael Jackson"s "Bad"... Love of games started with all the Atari games, missed Pong however, Arcade Star Wars, Joust , Food Fight, Crystal Castle, etc. 1000's (really) of hours on Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, .. 1 1/2 years on Wow... and now Ta Dah! ESO. Collector of many things, Star Wars, Harry Potter, best thing collect is the Dovahkin 7 ft. Store promo statue. Amazing what you will find on eBay. Fav. alliance is EP in Auriels' Bow , give me a shout out Homies
  • Dalori
    Dalori
    ✭✭
    I'm 40. Both of my parents are playing as well. They are in their 70s.
  • Dalogan72
    Dalogan72
    ✭✭
    If any of you are V12 can join the commodore-Amiga guild, just whisper dalogan72
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If any of you are V12 can join the commodore-Amiga guild, just whisper dalogan72

There's an Amiga guild? I still have an Amiga 2000 & 1200 in my basement waiting to be resurrected. Though I don't see an ESO port to these platforms in the near future. ;)
  • Venereous44
    Venereous44
    ✭✭✭
    46 and almost dead here... but age is a frame of mind.. so I'm about 16, really.

Damn, I miss my Amiga 500.. though I don't miss playing off floppies. (too cheap for a $500.00 SCSI HDD)

Its been a good run, seeing the progression of video games since the beginning to now. I have to say, the single biggest reason why I would want to be immortal.. to see what's next in gaming. I hold high hopes for the Oculus. I hope I'm still alive when we can just plug straight into our cerebral cortex.
  • Kreetar
    Kreetar
    ✭✭✭
    does feeling like an extremely old fart on the inside count? :grinning:
    dip me in the blood of mortals and throw me to the Dremora

• oldspook619
    oldspook619
    ✭✭
    Ok all you youngsters get ready for this, I was 77 last month.

I think someone should start a guild for old geezers like me.
    Edited by oldspook619 on August 19, 2014 2:20AM
  • Venereous44
    Venereous44
    ✭✭✭
    Happy B-Day! Do it! Start a guild like that.. I wouldn't doubt that it might end up being one of the more effective guilds if you were able to filter out the juveniles in some way.
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok all you youngsters get ready for this, I was 77 last month.

I think someone should start a guild for old geezers like me.

You're my hero! And there is a guild, Antique Ordinatus Populus (http://antique-ordinatus-populus.enjin.com/).

Check it out!
  • Morrighan_Ravenborn
    61 female here. Have been gaming since back in the day when our toons were just a little dot on the screen :)
  • Accident_Pr0ne

When I set ROW guild up on the first week ESO was out I had never dreamed that our guild grow to so many players as there are now.
    It all started with 2 friends of mine but the guild really start growing when I start this threat on the ESO forums. Within 3 weeks the guild grow to 50+ members.

And here we are now on the 24 of August 260+ wonderful people has joined our guild and we are still growing.

Thank You All
    Regards :)
    “Rusty Old Weapons”
    We are active in the EU server.
    ROW is a guild for mature players, men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 or older.
    Feel free to visit our websit www.rustyweapons.com
  • mrdeadeye
    mrdeadeye
    Soul Shriven
    53 myself
  • FernCar
    FernCar
    ✭✭
    Greetings from this 57-year-old living in sunny South Africa.
  • Srjon
    Srjon
    ✭✭
    So doe's sixty three beat the lot if you young one's on EU server my name is wait for it ................................sixtythree............................lol
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    I'm 29, but my BF is 41 and she is da bomb, deals with all big bosses in three swift moves :D I have some of my young ,"hot blooded" hormones left, so I tried to reason with the kids, but no more. Waste of time, moving on.
    BTW, if someone is forming a "Ye 'Ol Farts Guild" - count us in ;)

I read, re-read and re-re-re-read this post until my feeble brain failed.

Then I read this:
    Having a nice friends list with older players will be a good start :)

And felt ridiculous for believing that BF could only mean BOYfriend. LOL

I'm 35 btw to stay some semblance of on topic.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Morshire
    Morshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well shoot, I can be considered a young pup at 46. I didn't know someone had started a old folks thread. NICE. I may not be in the retirement home yet (am looking forward to all day gaming without having to worry about making money) but I sure do want my senior discount at Denny's. :p
    Follow me if I advance, Kill me if I retreat, Avenge me if I die.

When this immediate evil power has been defeated, we shall not yet have won the long battle with the elemental barbarities. Another evil, it may be an invisible adversary, will attempt, again, and yet again, to destroy our frail civilization. Is it true, I wonder, that the only way to escape a war is to be in it?

If I die, you are forgiven, If I live, I will kill you.
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are between 30-35 but played Atari,Sega, Genesis, NES, SNES, Web-brower based MUDS, telnet based muds (scripts and everything), Nintendo 64, PS1,2,3 XBOX, XBOX1 and PC/Mac the whole while....oh and all the mobile OSs (palm, iphone, android, windows mobile, nook, kindle)....oh and table top stuff...D&D, Vampire the Masquerade, boggle, scramble, risk, monopoly etc....etc...etc...yeah I couldn't begin to list all the games I've played (my sons keep introducing me to stuff now that they are getting older).

Jeeze that makes my academic credentials look dismal..shrug nice to meet ya.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    46 Here ! Still going strong in pvp against the kids :open_mouth:

In a galaxy far away group content was lead figures and a twenty sided dice.

"Twenty !!!"

And then came DOOM and the world changed for me.

Played LOTRO 7 years, probably 3 years too long as that game sux now.

loving ESO.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on January 3, 2015 5:05PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First started gaming on Commodore64 when that was a newish platform. Played a little on original Nintendo (yeah Metroid!). Since then, been a PC gamer. In fact the games are what drove me to upgrading and then building PCs. Bet a lot of old farts say the same. Approaching 60, but still love gaming :)

BTW, this is my first MMO, and only because it's Elder Scrolls.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • fairways8363
    fairways8363
    Soul Shriven
    I'm 68 and I have been a gamer for years. I am a mother of 3 and grandma of 7. I might not be as fast as I was in my beginnings playing Everquest but here I am still. ESO is my hobby and entertainment and I can spend hours reading about ESO in the forums and guides now that I am retired and financially secure. So I might, not only and old fart but also the Ancient One. I love ESO.
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    42 years young.
  • Elevensies
    This thread warms my heart - I am an 'old gamer' (48years) and a happy member of Rusty Old Weapons - and our Dominion sister side 'Rusty Auld Weapons'. We are a friendly bunch, so if you play EU side and look for mature company maybe we are your cup of tea. And if not, enjoy playing anyway - you're not alone :-)
    @honeyslaughter ~The Golden Banner [AD]
    '... If you can't be a good example, you'll have to serve as a horrible warning'
  • Greycats
    Greycats
    ✭✭
    I am 44 and my gaming partner, husband :) , is 46.
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 YAY and I love this thread :D
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. Free trader. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama-free social group enjoying PVE questing, PvP, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • pdarwin
    pdarwin
    ✭✭
    61 here... the wife and I both play ESO
    She's a veteran at this game though - played the Beta for PC

We used to play Skyrim together before this.
    I'm not sure if my LVL 80 Nord tank still runs...
  • Soul_bound
    Soul_bound
    Soul Shriven
    I'm 42, been playing MMORPG's since 1999, starting with Everquest and played that until 2004. Tried World of Warcraft for umm... 3 days :p

Couldn't find any MMO's I liked, so I played Oblivion! Then I heard that Lord of The Rings Online was being developed in 2006! I was in the Closed Beta and bought the lifetime membership offer on release (Why did it have to go F2P :'( )

After it went F2P in 2010 I didn't play it that often and quit LOTRO in 2013. I've been playing Skyrim and modded it to death, I heard about ESO but the reviews initially put me off, but I've followed it's development and finally bought it! :D
  • VileIntent
    VileIntent
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering if there are any people out there with the same hobby as me....If so feel free to invite me in your friends list....Maybe to team up sometimes.

@Accident_Pr0ne
    50 years old ;)

I'm in denial about my age... :p but I'm 41 and do share your Passion for gaming. :D. I started with the Intelevision.
    Edited by VileIntent on January 21, 2015 3:18AM
  • StaticWax
    StaticWax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is AD the unofficial retirement community? Seems like a lot of oldsters run with the AD faction.
    I wish nothing but joy for everyone.