Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any old farts out there?...Or am I the only one.

• SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see this"auld" thread resurrected. Many have left the game, many guilds have folded but we "Elders" tend to be a resilient, tenacious lot. :)

If anyone older than 35 still needs a mature, friendly, casual guild home on the NA AD server please send me a in game mail. We do tend to be self sufficient, enjoy RvR or PvP, are master crafters, have a guild store ( usually) and are enjoying end game content. Though several of us are rolling new characters for v1.6.
    We are adding newbies to the game, so don't be shy.
    We have Gamevox and teamspeak3 servers, though participation is often sporadic if not in Cyrodiil or a dungeon. We are almost all over 35 and some in our late 60s.
    We aim to unite all AD guilds in Cyrodiil PvP and as such are proud to have GMs and members from over a dozen guilds including those in Oceania.

@Sly-Kyti

Edited to mention more have left and Old Aldmeris Knights no longer is inservice, poor old bus.

Edited by SLy_Kyti on September 16, 2015 5:06PM
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • DaisyK
    DaisyK
    ✭✭
    i'm 33 and don't concider myself old.. untill i talk to a 17 year old :p
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWax wrote: »
    Is AD the unofficial retirement community? Seems like a lot of oldsters run with the AD faction.

you don't have noticed the same thing. although I have met quite a few people my age and older in the Daggerfall covenant.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just found this thread hope more might hit on it so we might get an AARP discount on ESO Plus I'm 56 but say I'm 39 anyone remember Jack Benny
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol.. funny necro post.. wonder if I commented in those 22 pages that I am 49?

Either way, you still get a:

thread-necromancy.png.pagespeed.ce.VR1bl6WhGu.png
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Glockaholic
    60 y/o gamer here. Started playing Pong on the Atari, but officially became a gamer with my son on the Intellivision, Absolutely love Fallout3, Skyrim and now ESO...patiently waiting for Fallout4 this fall.
    I was a Dovahkiin..then I took an arrow in the knee!
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its actually really nice to see how many "older" players there are in this game. And still gaming in general for that matter! For me, at 24, I doubt many of you commenting above would class that as old, but either way, I don't plan on stopping gaming any time soon!
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Yggdrasil_Gof
    Yggdrasil_Gof
    ✭✭✭
    43 my first computer was an Amstrad CPC 464, before that I had an Atari cartridge machine with Pong, Space Invaders, and a few more. Still got two working PS1's with most of the top titles, Resident Evil, MGS, Tomb Raider. A PS2 with over 100 games. 2 PS3's with about 60 games, and a PS4 with ESO. As you can tell I like my games, just waiting to get some cash for MGS V TPP. My house is like a game museum, if my brother hadn't given away my Amstrad I would still have that in a bow under the bed. As this thread shows you don't have to be young to be a gamer. If it wasn't for us old timers there would be no PS4, Xbox 1, or gaming PC's. Anyone remember Jet Set Willy?
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 3 weeks shy of 39. I have not spent as much time with a game since being hooked on Quake II deathmatch and team fortress in the late 90's.
    PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    60 y/o gamer here. Started playing Pong on the Atari, but officially became a gamer with my son on the Intellivision, Absolutely love Fallout3, Skyrim and now ESO...patiently waiting for Fallout4 this fall.

My dad is 60. He got me into gaming when I was 8 by brining home copied games like elite, populous, gods, commander keen, duke nukem, lemmings, wolfenstein, doom, hexen, heretic etc. I remember him upgrading our 486 sx25 to a dx2 50. I'm now 34 and still love pc gaming but he's not interested anymore, just plays with his iPad and macbook :( Nice to see people still love it when they get older.
    PC | EU
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 37 been playing video games since I was young (Atari 2600) then a little later (Commodore 64 mutant camels and forbidden forest). Had a break from it until the Master System came out, then that kindled my SEGA love until they fell from the system making scene. At 14 I grudgingly swapped to Nintendo Game Boy colour and the Pokémon series along with Dragon Warrior Monsters game. Loved the handheld systems and games from then on in. Several years after the release of Xbox 360 I got one along with Divinity 2 DKS, Skyrim and Saints Row lV.

Now I'm here with a One and ES Online. It was good while it lasted. Can't bring myself to finish Molag bal off due to finishing the story. Stupid I know but I will have to before the new base patch drops.
    Edited by Elektrakosh on September 13, 2015 9:04AM
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thesiren wrote: »
    We're out there, in droves. We just don't chat it up in the public chats the way the hormonally-driven teenaged boys do.

Speak for yourself. :)

My altmer clothier has been known to chastise many a teenage-boy-animated character for lack of garb in a public setting.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • cinnamonbooty
    I am only 24... glad to see a group of gamers who aren't of the monster energy drink generation playing :smiley:

Cinnamon
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are some days where I feel like an old fart but I am 21 so I guess it doesn't count...
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Yggdrasil_Gof
    Yggdrasil_Gof
    ✭✭✭
    @Elektrakosh

Don't avoid Molag bal.

Once his dead you go to the harbourage, finish off your conversations with the others then talk to Cadwell, (he is in there too), to get new missions.
    He will give you a quest called Cadwell's Silver, he explains you must now see the events through the eyes of your enemies. As an EP member you will then do DC storyline without the prophet, (you've sorted Molag bal after all you don't need to defeat him again). After you complete Cadwell's Silver you will get Cadwell's Gold and as EP it is AD territory. So killing Molag Bal is only a third of the adventure. There's plenty more adventuring to do after Bals defeat.

Hope this boosts your moral, and encourages you to go for the end game. ;)
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    @Elektrakosh

Don't avoid Molag bal.

Once his dead you go to the harbourage, finish off your conversations with the others then talk to Cadwell, (he is in there too), to get new missions.
    He will give you a quest called Cadwell's Silver, he explains you must now see the events through the eyes of your enemies. As an EP member you will then do DC storyline without the prophet, (you've sorted Molag bal after all you don't need to defeat him again). After you complete Cadwell's Silver you will get Cadwell's Gold and as EP it is AD territory. So killing Molag Bal is only a third of the adventure. There's plenty more adventuring to do after Bals defeat.

Hope this boosts your moral, and encourages you to go for the end game. ;)
    Thanks for the encouragement! I'm dreading the base patch that will be arriving, apparently it makes the game difficult for a player like myself. I better kick Molag in the Bals and sharpish.

Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Wimbuut
    28 seems to feel old in games.. :open_mouth:
    Wimbuut VR10 - Nord Dragonknight
    Achievement Points: 5805
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    38 here, but really interested in joining an old veteran elite guild, I can make the coffee (decaf) for you guys
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »
    38 here, but really interested in joining an old veteran elite guild, I can make the coffee (decaf) for you guys

Decaf!?!

Oblivion-Spawn!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • baddbare
    baddbare
    Over 60, been playing Elder Scrolls, from the beginning. It is fun playing with with groups that I know are all teenagers to groups of working dads, and they have no idea of that I am old enough to be their dad's or grandfathers.
    It's just a game @*=$%&,:/¥₩=/&(
  • fractalknight
    fractalknight
    ✭✭
    I try not to mention my age when playing online. Let's just say I am almost 60. This game and Destiny do help me with my reaction time attention to details.
    Tarkus Aquila - Imperial Templar
    Klaaz - Khajit Nightblade
    Fractiz - Altmer Sorcerer
    Jonsir Vheti - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Kills-With-Grin - Argonian Dragonknight

Myrddin the Mystic - Breton Warden

PS4 ESOTU Adventurer since June 2015
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I was an old gamer at 43. It's nice to see some 60's in here.
  • Chieve
    Chieve
    ✭✭✭
    I'm turning 22 soon, I would consider myself an old fart, does that count? :P
    Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
  • Dyynamic70
    Dyynamic70
    ✭✭✭
    I am 45 and really enjoy this MMO. If anyone wants to group up feel free to add me (PC NA-I have AD and DC characters):

Dyynamic70

I find it quite hilarious at times when I am in a group of much younger players and I have to google some of the slang. Although I am sure they have to google some of my words as well since I type everything out long hand.
    PC/NA
  • Ratbert
    Ratbert
    ✭✭
    brtomkin wrote: »
    I'm 3 weeks shy of 39. I have not spent as much time with a game since being hooked on Quake II deathmatch and team fortress in the late 90's.

Wonder if we ever ran into each other in Quake II on public servers :) 39 here and that's where I got my start Quake 2 then into Unreal Tournament then Everquest. Played on ladders in both games when that stuff was just starting :)
  • Accident_Pr0ne
    It's greate to see so many mature people playing ESO :)
    “Rusty Old Weapons”
    We are active in the EU server.
    ROW is a guild for mature players, men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 or older.
    Feel free to visit our websit www.rustyweapons.com
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    almost 46 here, AD & DC characters. PS4 - NA
    Edited by Pyro117 on September 14, 2015 9:18PM
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread necromancy here turned out to ressurect all the old folks too O.o welcome back to the land of the living, how was Coldharbour?
  • Yggdrasil_Gof
    Yggdrasil_Gof
    ✭✭✭
    @failkiwib16 Blame the worms cult., who else!
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    @failkiwib16_ESO It's not that bad, actually. The lighting is easy on the eyes, you get to slay those pesky Daedra and you can get to Hollow City for a well earned break from all that slaying. The thing is, the fire isn't exactly warm so if your are a Dragon Knight or a Destruction mage or if you are not one of those, find one of these delightful people, ask nicely if they would light your campfire for you. Then if you are the social type, you can get cosy by sitting around it and swap stories while taking the chill off anything that was...chilled. Caldharbour fire doesn't cook your food very well.

EU/UK. Xbox One.