The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Boss Camping Has To Be Dealt With

• Zarec
    Zarec
    ✭✭✭
    Vyndetta wrote: »
    @Zarec Thanks for creating more work for the CS teams and back logging other issues. So, again, bad idea.

I'm sorry you feel people should be able to treat others poorly and not have consequences.

• Vyndetta
    Vyndetta
    ✭✭✭
    Zarec wrote: »
    @Zarec Thanks for creating more work for the CS teams and back logging other issues. So, again, bad idea.

I'm sorry you feel people should be able to treat others poorly and not have consequences.

That's not it at all, just reporting them without any real investigating or attempts at communication is poor form on your behalf. If you go and do something else for 30m or an hour and the same people are there, you try to communicate again and still get nothing, then, sure go for it. But don't just report right off the bat.

And sadly, welcome to MMOs. Unfortunately the communities are nothing like in the days of Meridian 59, UO or EQ. So, adjust, grow some thicker skin and try again later.
  • Xaaz
    Xaaz
    ✭✭✭

If they deem the person you report to not be a bot, you should get banned for the false report. Let's see how quick to judge you would be then.

With all the false bans and overturns they have already had, reporting more because your feelings got hurt is going to do wonders for the game.
  • MistryssNite
    MistryssNite
    ✭✭✭
    One thing about bosses: sometimes they respawn really fast, and I must kill it or die (even after I've completed my quest). Additionally, I like to help out players with bosses that are too difficult, especially if I see them by themselves. I do not camp, but if the boss comes before I have left, I will probably take care of it again.

Edit: Besides, I personally love it when someone helps me out, especially with bosses everyone knows are hard or even that pesky wolf that jumps out at me. That's probably my favorite MMO aspect -- helping other players.
    Edited by MistryssNite on April 11, 2014 1:01AM
    Current main: Pe'tra
    Female Khajiit Templar of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Feel free to join her in questing ^.^
    It's just been a morning of death
  • Grainne
    Grainne
    ✭✭✭

And I will repeat myself for the whatever time now, you have zero regard for the game experience of others.

Neither have you, so where is your Point ?
    Bitte weiter klicken hier gibt es nichts zu schließen.
  • Zarec
    Zarec
    ✭✭✭
    Xaaz wrote: »

If they deem the person you report to not be a bot, you should get banned for the false report. Let's see how quick to judge you would be then.

With all the false bans and overturns they have already had, reporting more because your feelings got hurt is going to do wonders for the game.

Your reading comprehension needs a little work. Read my post again instead of skim actually read it...there is a word in there. I'll even be nice and tell you the word...numerous. Now locate the sentence it is in...now read that sentence. Read it again. Now read your post and consider revising and being less rude.
  • Vyndetta
    Vyndetta
    ✭✭✭

Your reading comprehension needs a little work. Read my post again instead of skim actually read it...there is a word in there. I'll even be nice and tell you the word...numerous. Now locate the sentence it is in...now read that sentence. Read it again. Now read your post and consider revising and being less rude.

I agree with @Xaaz if you report a person for being a bot or griefing and it turns out it wasn't a legit report, you should be penalized for the report and wasting the customer service department's time.

Be sure when you report someone, that's all.
  • Xaaz
    Xaaz
    ✭✭✭

Again - I don't care how many it takes. A false report is false. Just because someone chooses not to talk to you is no reason you should be reporting them for botting. if you do, you and everyone else should be banned for false reports.

There is no rule that says I need to reply to you or anyone else that's upset people are farming a boss. Are their bots in the game - absolutely. Do they need removed - absolutely. Are you the authority on who's botting - Absolutely not.

False report should equal a ban just as a positive report gets a ban for the bot.
  • Zarec
    Zarec
    ✭✭✭

I agree with @Xaaz if you report a person for being a bot or griefing and it turns out it wasn't a legit report, you should be penalized for the report and wasting the customer service department's time.

I have to ask, do you know what intentional griefing is?
  • Xaaz
    Xaaz
    ✭✭✭

If you believe someone farming a boss is intentional griefing, there's no hope for you in this conversation. If the person is level 50 and farming a level 10 boss, you will have a point since they cannot get loot.

If loot drops from the mob, there is nothing intentional going on.
  • Vyndetta
    Vyndetta
    ✭✭✭

Did you walk up all high and mighty telling the people to get the hell away from the mob because you have arrived and need it? Your attitude on the forums here would lead me to believe you probably pissed someone off and they decided to annoy you.

And yeah, intentional griefing, what I'm doing to you on these forums now because it's so easy... Though I honestly disagree with your stance on reporting freely.
  • Aenima_pt
    Aenima_pt
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like someone just need an "offline" button to be added to enjoy a "MMO" :expressionless:
  • Zarec
    Zarec
    ✭✭✭

If you believe someone farming a boss is intentional griefing, there's no hope for you in this conversation. If the person is level 50 and farming a level 10 boss, you will have a point since they cannot get loot.

The act of farming a boss is not intentionally griefing. Refusing to allow another player the chance to attack the boss is griefing....why I asked if you guys knew what griefing was.

It is essentially being a jerk just to be a jerk.
  • Xaaz
    Xaaz
    ✭✭✭

The act of farming a boss is not intentionally griefing. Refusing to allow another player the chance to attack the boss is griefing....why I asked if you guys knew what griefing was.

The point you keep failing to grasp is that everyone CAN get credit and hit the boss. Use a heavy attack. Problem solved. It's nobody else's fault if you are too slow.

Loot = Not griefing
    No loot = griefing

It's really not hard to comprehend.
    Edited by Xaaz on April 11, 2014 1:11AM
  • Zarec
    Zarec
    ✭✭✭

The point you keep failing to grasp is that everyone CAN get credit and hit the boss. Use a heavy attack. problem solved.

Loot = Not griefing
    No loot = griefing

Not always the case, take for instance aurudon. Ran across four level 50 players farming a boss today before I had to get ready for work. The boss died before any of the level 13players had a chance to even hit it. I told them to whisper them all and of they didn't respond they were most likely botting as they obviously can input commands to attack but not reply to multiple people messaging them then something is off.
  • Zarec
    Zarec
    ✭✭✭

Did you walk up all high and mighty telling the people to get the hell away from the mob because you have arrived and need it? Your attitude on the forums here would lead me to believe you probably pissed someone off and they decided to annoy you.

And yeah, intentional griefing, what I'm doing to you on these forums now because it's so easy... Though I honestly disagree with your stance on reporting freely.

I wouldn't call having a discussion as griefing. So in essence no you don't know what it is.
  • Xaaz
    Xaaz
    ✭✭✭

The point you keep failing to grasp is that everyone CAN get credit and hit the boss. Use a heavy attack. problem solved.

Loot = Not griefing
    No loot = griefing

Not always the case, take for instance aurudon. Ran across four level 50 players farming a boss today before I had to get ready for work. The boss died before any of the level 13players had a chance to even hit it. I told them to whisper them all and of they didn't respond they were most likely botting as they obviously can input commands to attack but not reply to multiple people messaging them then something is off.

If they get no loot, they shouldn't be there. That's a case where I would agree with you. See, it's really not hard. If for some reason they were getting loot overleveling it that much, that's broken. The loot is supposed to be 5+ = nothing.

It's also very easy for a GM to monitor this, but for some reason this game doesn't have any in game. Many other games, after reports, a GM actually teleports to the person while invisible. They watch, the try to talk, and if nothing works, then they ban. The way they are doing it here is catching a whole slew of false bans.
    Edited by Xaaz on April 11, 2014 1:22AM
  • Vyndetta
    Vyndetta
    ✭✭✭

LOL If I got spammed with messages by a bunch of random players, I'd ignore it too. You really have no common sense. Every action you suggest is aggressive and over zealous. You really need to calm down and try approaching things with a clearer head.
  • Zarec
    Zarec
    ✭✭✭

Loot = Not griefing
    No loot = griefing

If they get no loot, they shouldn't be there. That's a case where I would agree with you. See, it's really not hard. If for some reason they were getting loot overleveling it that much, that's broken. The loot is supposed to be 5+ = nothing.

I honestly have no clue why they were there. I had to grab a skyshard I missed.
  • Vyndetta
    Vyndetta
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call having a discussion as griefing. So in essence no you don't know what it is.

Oh, I know what it is because it's what I'd be doing to you in game now if I was actually in the game. And the reasoning is because you are so aggressive in your suggestions. Just to spite you, I'd try to annoy you and interrupt your gameplay.

See, I know what it is. And, I've done it to many players in other games who ticked me off or rubbed me the wrong way for whatever reason. Including having a discussion on a difference in opinion. :)
  • Xaaz
    Xaaz
    ✭✭✭

Loot = Not griefing
    No loot = griefing

See, I am not the devil. in the case you list, I fully 100% agree with you. However, to ban people farming for same level materials is silly beyond comprehension. I'd also venture to say that if the players there are real players, I highly doubt anyone is going to go to great lengths to make sure someone doesn't get credit.

However, what you need to understand is that farming is farming. Everyone has different play styles and even though you may not accept it, they aren't doing anything wrong if they are farming a mob for materials.

Griefers and bots can go and I will never argue that.
  • Zarec
    Zarec
    ✭✭✭

LOL If I got spammed with messages by a bunch of random players, I'd ignore it too. You really have no common sense. Every action you suggest is aggressive and over zealous. You really need to calm down and try approaching things with a clearer head.

Then tech what you would be doing is griefing by definition. Most the time when I run into people camping bosses I don't need that particular boss at the time so I've been lucky or they kill it as soon as I walk in and get credit so can now exit. I'm not a big story person and actually skipped 90% of the talking in this game so far. Now when I make my healer that will change as it will be my second play through really not looking forward to this headache at that time.
  • Auralia
    Auralia
    ✭✭✭
    I did my first public dungeon and was annoyed that there were at least 6 people standing at the boss spamming attack buttons for when it spawns. I just barely managed to get 1 hit in and complete the dungeon. Not fun, not being able to have a proper boss fight because of the campers. They need to make it so that you can only do a public dungeon once a day as in once you kill the boss it does not respawn for you for 24 hours. That will stop the annoying campers that spoil other peoples game fun.
  • Vyndetta
    Vyndetta
    ✭✭✭
    Then tech what you would be doing is griefing by definition. Most the time when I run into people camping bosses I don't need that particular boss at the time so I've been lucky or they kill it as soon as I walk in and get credit so can now exit. I'm not a big story person and actually skipped 90% of the talking in this game so far. Now when I make my healer that will change as it will be my second play through really not looking forward to this headache at that time.

Whoa! There's stuff to read for quests in this game? ;) I haven't read a quest dialogue in the last 3 or 4 MMOs I've played. Oh, I take that back, the story in TSW was AMAZING and worth every line of text.

Anyway, all I'm saying, be sure about the person you're reporting.
  • Zarec
    Zarec
    ✭✭✭

Loot = Not griefing
    No loot = griefing

See, I am not the devil. in the case you list, I fully 100% agree with you. However, to ban people farming for same level materials is silly beyond comprehension. I'd also venture to say that if the players there are real players, I highly doubt anyone is going to go to great lengths to make sure someone doesn't get credit.

However, what you need to understand is that farming is farming. Everyone has different play styles and even though you may not accept it, they aren't doing anything wrong if they are farming a mob for materials.

I have never said people are or should get on trouble for farming. Farming has never been the issue. The issue was people not willing to allow other players a chance to get a hit on the boss. Which is griefing. That's been my stance the whole time. That was the common consensus from the people in this forum and all the others that have popped up over the past week that have complained about this. It was never about the farming. It was about the players being jerks just to be jerks. Oh and the bots and underground resource farmers (although have yet to run into that).
    Edited by Zarec on April 11, 2014 1:32AM
  • Xaaz
    Xaaz
    ✭✭✭

Loot = Not griefing
    No loot = griefing

I have never said people are or should get on trouble for farming. Farming has never been the issue. The issue was people not willing to allow other players a chance to get a hit on the boss. Which is griefing. That's been my stance the whole time. That was the common consensus from the people in this forum and all the others that have popped up over the past week that have complained about this. It was never about the farming. It was about the players being jerks just to be jerks. Oh and the bots and underground resource farmers (although have yet to run into that).

The problem is you can't determine who is not letting others hit it. If a player has a slow reaction to a spawn, that's not the campers fault. Many, many people are so used to camping and fighting for mobs that they are hitting it the split second it flickers at the spawn spot.

However, using a timed macro, yes, I would ban that, or make the boss spawn at random intervals instead of a fixed time.

• Xaaz
    Xaaz
    ✭✭✭
    Auralia wrote: »
    I did my first public dungeon and was annoyed that there were at least 6 people standing at the boss spamming attack buttons for when it spawns. I just barely managed to get 1 hit in and complete the dungeon. Not fun, not being able to have a proper boss fight because of the campers. They need to make it so that you can only do a public dungeon once a day as in once you kill the boss it does not respawn for you for 24 hours. That will stop the annoying campers that spoil other peoples game fun.

May as well make it instanced if that's the case. I'm going to suggest MMO's aren't for you if you think all camping and campers are annoying.

Use bot instead of camper, I would agree with you.
    Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on April 11, 2014 3:49AM
  • Zarec
    Zarec
    ✭✭✭

Whoa! There's stuff to read for quests in this game? ;) I haven't read a quest dialogue in the last 3 or 4 MMOs I've played. Oh, I take that back, the story in TSW was AMAZING and worth every line of text.

If the person is hitting air continuously or three toons turn in sync and fire in sync there is something off with that picture and I would bet my left nut that it was automated related.

If I ask or someone asks "hey can you let me hit the boss so if can get credit and get out of here" and they reply **ck no ***got hit it if you can. Then proceeds to blow up the boss along with the other group and the guy couldn't even charge a heavy attack or use a spell or whatever before the boss was dead...yeah I think it's pretty clear it's ok to report them.
  • Xaaz
    Xaaz
    ✭✭✭

If the person is hitting air continuously or three toons turn in sync and fire in sync there is something off with that picture and I would bet my left nut that it was automated related.

If I ask or someone asks "hey can you let me hit the boss so if can get credit and get out of here" and they reply **ck no ***got hit it if you can. Then proceeds to blow up the boss along with the other group and the guy couldn't even charge a heavy attack or use a spell or whatever before the boss was dead...yeah I think it's pretty clear it's ok to report them.

Yes, I agree. In both of those scenarios there is something wrong.

In regards to the first scenario - Random spawn timers. Not too long, but not set every x amount of seconds. Also, see my response about in game GM's. Easy fix, they'd all be gone.

Second scenario - the comment alone would most likely get them banned.
  • ambrynn_ESO
    ambrynn_ESO
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP. I was just in a dungeon where we had to wait for the boss to respawn several times to be able to hit it and complete the dungeon. The players camping it were botting for all I can tell, because they just stood there swinging/casting at the corpse until it came back up and died again in seconds.