The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

PTS Update 44 - Feedback Thread for Classes & Abilities

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for current class balance and abilities. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, let us know what you think of the current balance.
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the frost damage added to grave grasp, however the damage over time being applied from the middle circle and chilled being applied from the initial circle is a bit janky. I'm not sure why it couldn't be standardised? The corpse dropping from the final circle is fine however since creating a ranged corpse is alright.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, templar still lack of power. Just good to be a beam bot in pvp and nobody like that. We talk about the state of templar for 2 years, some changes had been done, but not enough.
  • monkidb16_ESO
    monkidb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why nerf Arcanist shield which lasts 1 second at full strength but leave Sorc with its broken 6 second shield?
    Arc was already struggling in PvP and Sorc has been the best class for half a year now. Make it make sense to me.
  • Nilandia
    Nilandia
    ✭✭✭
    I'll admit to being disappointed that both morphs of Focused Charge will now apply a taunt. Though they weren't amazing for damage, at least two different situations showed them to be quite useful.

In Dreadsail Reef, it's fantastic against Sail Ripper. The mini boss frequently ports to the opposite side of the arena and begins channeling lightning. The combination of gap closer and interrupt helps to get into position while also preventing damage to the group as a whole.

In Infinite Archive, later arcs introduce shards of Tho'at, including blobs which use Seeking Spheres. These blobs need to be interrupted or they do ramping damage to the players. It's very common to have a good number of adds at any one point, making it difficult to find the precise one which needs to be interrupted. Explosive Charge is perfect here, as it's an AOE interrupt, as well as giving Major Protection for a bit more survivability when we're likely to be surrounded by adds.

At least let us keep one morph that doesn't have a taunt so that it can be useful when we're not the tank.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing around on PTS and testing Shadow Cloak & Shadowy Disguise changes.

- Live - NB's Cloak is a reactive skill. In order to maximize its effect - you basically play a rhythm mini game, casting the skill precisely every 2,9 seconds. And this goes on top of everything else you are doing - casting other skills & bar swapping. The skill even has a very distinct & clear sound effect, that enhances this "mini-game" experience. It requires a bit of practise & coordination. That is what NB players do like about the class. That it has it's progression even on a level that requires a coordinated button presses & thinking ahead in order to make the skill more effective. There is certain... thing in here. A gameplay, even down to one single mechanic - invisibility.

- PTS - NB's cloak lacks that reactivity. It is just a toggle. The whole depth is gone. I can kinda understand that to a certain degree - you want to make the class more accessible. And that is fine. But the devil is in the details... or in this case - numbers:

I did a simple series of tests:
    - On live server, while staying still & casting Shadowy Disguise every 2,9 seconds, I was able to get a result of 18 - 20 seconds of invisibility.
    - On PTS, with the same build, the longest duration I was able to achieve was 10 seconds.

20 seconds on live vs 10 seconds on PTS. 50% nerf.

It is not just a "substantial nerf", but rather one of those "sledge hammer" ones. I do wonder if over-nerfing is the intention here. On PTS patch notes, you clearly say that trying to create a more accessible skill. But the issue is that with numbers this low, although it will be easy to activate, it will be kinda too short to be effective, especially for some one new to the game & class. Even something as basic as solo PvE & sneaking past enemies will be problematic, on a class that literally has this in its class description:

...Nightblades are adventurers and opportunists with a gift for getting in and out of trouble. Relying variously on stealth, blades, and speed, Nightblades thrive on conflict and misfortune, trusting to their luck and cunning to survive....

I guess my feedback would be that the duration of Shadow Cloak & Shadowy Disguise was reduced a bit too much.

Maybe tone down the cost per second a bit (right now it is way too high), or maybe make the cost smaller the higher the rank of the skill is. Other idea is to maybe instead of removing magicka recovery, tone it down substantially (like 60 - 70%) while Shadowy Disguise is active.

Otherwise - like I have said - Shadow Cloak & Shadowy Disguise changes will be indeed easier to cast.... but it does not matter since it will be too short to do anything meaningful. Vampire invisibility passive & invisibility potions will be outperforming it.

As for the PvE DPS - I did tired Shadow Cloak & Shadowy Disguise dmg buff and it kinda felt awkward to become invisible for a split second to activate a buff... it felt weird.

Also - something minor, but could be a huge QOL improvement. Right now we have open/closed eye as a UI symbol of stealth & detection (it opens if your are detected). It is used for both invisibility & crouch stealth. If you are invisible and you crouch - you can't really tell if you "entered" crouch stealth mode or not. The only hint is animation & camera moving lower. Could we get a separate UI indication for invisibly & crouch stealth ? ? ?
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 16, 2024 10:58PM
  • deadpool3431
    deadpool3431
    ✭✭✭
    The cloak nerf is bad, and it is 100% a nerf because the cost is still high and now theres no mag recovery on a class and playstyle with basically zero recovery already. Detect pots are still bugged. Miats addon can still notify you of ranged damage from stealth in pvp and it can still give someone my general location, haunting curse can stick to anything even if you're not detected and people still use the red dot exploit and you want to neft stealth? I know many people in pvp want stealth gone so why not just make it official and eliminate it entirely. I need to move on from this game anyway. I've spent too much money playing this game to have an entire playstyle eliminated because someone wants it to be more "spooky" and pve friendly. You make wardens unkillable with high damage, you make magsorcs unkillable with extremely overtuned high damage unlimited shields unlimited healing, DK can be unkillable with 10k weapon damage, Arcanist is unkillable with infinite recovery, necro is still nerfed into the ground for no reason(poor necro mains truly sorry tbh). Ganker nb is literally the only thing standing against the tank meta yall created and now with the snap of a finger and one bad idea a whole playstyle is wiped from the game. I do not want to go light attack people to death or play bouncy-sorc and be carried by shields. Thanks but no thanks.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Miats addon can still notify you of ranged damage from stealth in pvp and it can still give someone my general location
    This is simply untrue.

• Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the taunt added to the Templar gap closers. Major Protection duration is great, and probably overpowered tbh, but the taunt is gonna push the skill out of my dps magicka templar's kit and I'm not sure why a tank would particularly relish the taunt. There's cheaper sources for taunt and it's better to pull enemies (Silver Leash and the like) to you than for you to zip to them typically.

An AOE pull or something on Explosive Charge though would be EPIC. Honestly the more I think about it, the happier it makes me. It would synergize with Sun Shield by grouping enemies up for you, and you can start jabbing away.
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    An AOE pull vs taunt would also be great for Everlasting Sweep too! Replace taunt with aoe pull. Do ittttttt.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grave Lord's Sacrifice needs more to balance it with Blighted Blastbones' damage + defile. I suggest making it apply a small buff to all damage, as opposed to just class abilities and dots.
  • cicisch
    cicisch
    Class Representative
    Would it be possible for the same treatment Expert Summoner received in the notes to apply to Hardened Ward - i.e. the conditional is only for permanent pets? It would bring the playstyles more in line with what seems to be the intent of these sorc changes.
  • UNSeki
    UNSeki
    ✭✭✭
    Inferno change isn't much, but very welcome. A nice buff for the rare DK healer.

The Templar changes are unexpected. I don't have access to the PTS currently, but I'm eager to hear more about how they will effect those abilities. It seems Sun Shield got a nice buff, though. It will also make Templar survivability stronger in PvP with Minor Maim plus the Spear Wall passive (Minor Protection). I still miss some extra utility or buffs/debuffs through Templar passives, though.

Sorcerer and Nightblade changes seem to be going a good direction. I think it's a good thing to take control of the balance as done with Shadow Cloak. It'll be healthier for the overall game in the long run compared to letting things run too freely. Easier to balance.
  • BlackHammer225
    This is purely from a PvP standpoint for Templar.

First I want to say I appreciate what you guys are doing with Templar in general with the improvements I just want to bring up a subject I hope you guys don't overlook.

Backlash and its morphs Purifying Light and Power of The Light have not been performing well in Pvp as a delayed burst damage ability. The ability requires the player to reach an X amount of damage to receive the 200% increase to the displayed damage you will do if not reached.

[*]
    Billium813 wrote: »
    Backlash hits like a wet noodle. Most players that use it do not check combat metrics. They use it more out of habit than calculation.
    [*]
    [*] Yeah, I am one of those players. I just can't stop trying to force PotL.
    [*]
    [*] 48kacwpj7nki.gif
    [*]
    [*] It rarely ever pops for more than 4k for me though. On average, it hits for about 2k. Most of the time it's disappointing.
    [*]
    [*] 34nw4q8sgrft.jpg
    [*]
    Ever since U36 PTS Backlashes copied damage has been changed and the threshold has been increased to an impossible number to reach in PvP. Please can the threshold be reduced or changed?
    Edited by BlackHammer225 on September 16, 2024 11:34PM
  • Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UNSeki wrote: »
    The Templar changes are unexpected. I don't have access to the PTS currently, but I'm eager to hear more about how they will affect those abilities. It seems Sun Shield got a nice buff, though. It will also make Templar survivability stronger in PvP with Minor Maim plus the Spear Wall passive (Minor Protection). I still miss some extra utility or buffs/debuffs through Templar passives, though.

Sun Shield change is a major miss.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/665804/sun-shield-more-like-sun-burn#latest

When was the last time you’ve seen the skill in PvP? You say it will be used more. Why are people not just making better sources of Warding for themselves AND their group or Minor Maim through Scribing for their Templars?

Now, -5% damage done is nowhere near enough of a debuff to warrant slotting a skill that does nothing else, quite literally. There’s a cap of 6 on Sun Shield making it useless when surrounded, and the cost of the skill does not warrant the benefit.

You cannot spam the skill because of its cost, which is something you would need to do when getting hammered on by a group of players, and the damage is nowhere near enough to peel people off of you when surrounded.

There’s a reason why people aren’t using the skill, and Minor Maim is not going to change that.
  • Zilian92
    Zilian92
    Soul Shriven
    My feedback concerns the scribing skills and the persistent issue with the armory system not remembering which scripts are selected for the scribing skill.
    Here's my situation: I primarily play my character as a tank, which requires one set of scripts. However, for PvP, I need a completely different set. If I simply want to do a daily random dungeon and a daily battleground, I have to redo my scribing skills multiple times per day. This process is very inconvenient and costly, which makes me want to avoid using scribing skills altogether.

A simple improvement to the armory system would solve this problem and make scribing skills much more convenient to use. I would appreciate at least some acknowledgment that you're aware of this issue and are working towards a solution. It is very disheartening that this problem still hasn't been addressed. I was really hoping this would be improved in this update. Without this improvement, the full potential of scribing remains unrealized.
  • Morvan
    Morvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very good class changes overall, although I did wish focused charge had one DPS oriented morph without a taunt, giving a taunt to the base skill basically locks the ability for tanks in group content.

And thanks for hearing our feedback on Shadow Cloak, although I don't know how I feel about the cost and toggle yet, the 10% damage done against monsters is more than welcome as nightblades are so behind as DPS in PvE content.

One thing I did wish you guys could revise is the Blood Frenzy skill, this ability has been gathering dust for a while, and it doesn't really give you enough to make it worth using, it could definitely receive a named buff like Minor Force or Courage, as the vampire kit completely lacks any minor buffs.

Blood Frenzy unhealable aspect can also prevent you from receiving common healing buffs like Major Courage from Spell Power Cure, which by itself gives you more W/S Damage than Frenzy, rendering it completely useless in group settings.
    @MorvanClaude on PC/NA, don't try to trap me with lore subjects, it will work
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    This is the official feedback thread for current class balance and abilities. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, let us know what you think of the current balance.

For Grave Grasp: each patch gets successively more difficult to land on target, requiring more anticipation and skill. So why not make each patch additive with the preceding patches, to reward someone actually landing that skill-shot 3rd patch?

So like:

Patch 1: Chilled
    Patch 2: Chilled + DOT
    Patch 3: Chilled + DOT + corpse

Because as it stands... Patch 3 has the worst bonus despite being the most difficult patch to hit with. That doesn't make sense.

A similar approach should be taken for Empowering Grasp as well.
  • UNSeki
    UNSeki
    ✭✭✭
    Theist_VII wrote: »
    When was the last time you’ve seen the skill in PvP? You say it will be used more. Why are people not just making better sources of Warding for themselves AND their group or Minor Maim through Scribing for their Templars?

Now, -5% damage done is nowhere near enough of a debuff to warrant slotting a skill that does nothing else, quite literally. There’s a cap of 6 on Sun Shield making it useless when surrounded, and the cost of the skill does not warrant the benefit.

You cannot spam the skill because of its cost, which is something you would need to do when getting hammered on by a group of players, and the damage is nowhere near enough to peel people off of you when surrounded.

There’s a reason why people aren’t using the skill, and Minor Maim is not going to change that.
    Ironically, I was writing a post on that thread before I even saw this quote.

I never said it will be used more, rather I said that I was interested in following updates from the PTS about its performance. But Minor Main is objectively a buff for the skill. Damage reduction from all sources, affecting all enemies in range, might be just what you need to clutch a escape, healing, or finishing blow. Shields can stack. This could be good combined with, say, Brawler from 2h.

Slotting the skill also grants +10% critical damage done and 10%+ for all damage against blocking targets if you don't run another Aedric Spear on the frontbar for whatever reason. Both effects are great for PvP.

Either way, that is in theory. I agree that the cost is too high and more should be done for PvP Templar. The shield scaling is not good in that environment.
  • ioResult
    ioResult
    ✭✭✭
    Who asked for this toggle on & off change to Nightblade Cloak?

ABSOLUTELY NOBODY

Not one person who mains a Nightblade wants this change.

If this change makes it live that’s my last ESO Plus or any other payment ever to you guys. My subscription gets shut off the day 44 drops with this change. I’m sure it will be the same for others.

But yes, absolutely ZOS, do more to drive more players from the game by changing things no one wants instead of fixing the bugs that have been around for years.
    But yeah ZOS...Cloak is the problem.
    --
    sudo rm -rf /
    don't try this at ~
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the Major Prophecy/Savagery from Shocking Siphon work ''while slotted on either bar''. You disabled Corpse generation out of combat, so I guess that you don't really want us precasting this skill, we also can't really initiate an encounter with it since you first need to generate a Corpse to use it. Giving it the ''while slotted on either bar'' treatment would be a really nice QoL change without having any effect on skill power.

Also, Skeletal Mage should have its damage increased since it was stealth nerfed with the U35 DoT rework even though the skill is not a DoT. It could also get the ''while slotted on either bar'' treatment for the Major Brutality/Sorcery buff, but since you can precast it out of combat it's not that annoying.

''While slotted on either bar'' functionality is already 1+year old, I don't understand why some classes like DK and NB already have skills that have been updated with it, but some other classes(like Necro) have not.
  • Deimus
    Deimus
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the removal of cc from Ghostly Embrace means they are looking at adding an immediate stun to the totem skill.

While I was skeptical of the change at first I've been getting good use out of Ghostly Embrace in its current state, so I'm sad to see the hybrid version leave us so soon (especially since there is another changed skill us Necro players wouldn't mind seeing go the way of the Dodo right now). As a 3 pronged cc it wasn't good enough to slot being too unreliable, but paired with the damage it became a great skill for dealing with the tree/tower/rock lovers in Cyro. They run in a narrow space or corner and get spooked with all 3 circles of Ghostly damage that stuns them, immediately followed by a Blighted Blastbone, and a topping of V skull or Dawnbreaker to make sure they stay down.

Without the cc I'd need to see if the DoT's damage is good enough for the skill to still have a place on my bars. This isn't where I imagined it would go, but finally Necro gets a sticky DoT lol. The frost damage is thematic, and having it drop a corpse is a good addition. I agree with the suggestion by YandereGirlfriend on making the patches cumulative especially since there is no cc attached. It will appropriately reward you for landing the more difficult third patch, and add more reliability to the skill since you will never be certain which patch will land unless the target is boxed in.

The Bitter Harvest issue is also happening with other corpse consumers like the tether skills. There will be a corpse that can't be interacted with because you left combat even if you were the one that killed it. The tether animation starts to play but stops halfway like the game recognizes the corpse but runs into an error and refuses to let you use it. I feel like the cleaner way to implement this is to make the ultimate generation from Corpse Consumption and Bitter Harvest reliant on an in combat status rather than corpses not dropping since it is causing issues with skills not working when corpses are clearly available. It might give some insight into tackling the stuck in combat bug too.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want cloak in the game just say it. I'll take an exchange with streak but with fear or charm instead of stun.

DOwnloading the pts now to check this abomination out.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not gambling or paying 45 : lol :
    20% base speed for high ping players.
    Streak moves you faster then speed cap.
    They should of made 4v4v4v4 instead of 8v8.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In response to this comment:
    ZOS wrote:
    In our ongoing crusade to improve the Templar Tank experience, we're making some number tweaks on their primary defensive ability to make it feel punchier when used in the thick of a fight.

This crusade has been ongoing for ten years now. At some point the realization should be that Tanks are not opting for Templars because the kit just ins't effective or appealing for tanking. Some tweaks to unpopular skills isn't going to end the Crusade. These abilities aren;t used because their core functionality isn;t fun or effective.

A core principal of tanking has always been chain the enemies to the group / DPS. Always and forever. The Templar charge does the complete opposition of this. It moves the tank away from the group and compels the DPS to go to the enemy. In theory a tank could use charge to get to the enemy more quickly and perhaps enjoy some major protection uptime. But, why would they do this? Just take the extra 2 seconds, walk to enemy, and preserve that bar space for something useful that they could use for the whole fight. If a tank is so desperate to source a 10% mitigation buff for themselves, they probably aren;t a good tank. After all, the other classes do just fine without this new Templar charge, so it isn;t needed. It's not adding anything powerful to a potential Templar tank that might tip the balance. It's a niche damage skill, once decent in PvP (when melee Templars were decent), but that's all it was/is.

The same thing applies to Sun shield. If I want a shield, I'm playing a Sorcerer or an Arcanist (though, perhaps not after this patch) Shields are powerfully suited for those classes. Templar's are built to heal. Sure, if I had a really good templar shield, I'd use it. Because I like using really good skills. But these are meh; some little extra damage and a generic named buff. Nothing unique here. Nothing really powerful that might interest a tank to try a Templar.

I also agree with some posters who indicated that adding taunts to skills should be done cautiously because that basically excludes PvE non tanks from using these skills in group play. A ranged interrupt is potentially incredibly useful. The skill may be niche, but there are situations when this unique mechanic can make a Templar happy they can contribute as a Templar.
    Except now it will mess up the tank's taunts.

A tank probably would be very interested if Templar's charge did what tanks want to do: group dispersed enemies together quickly (ala an AoE pull like Rush of Agony). That might have them licking their chops because even DKs might be a bit jealous of that capability. But that would require making these skills very potent, which is not a design direction ESO has gone with since it reserves that power for sets - which can be worn by the best classes - so of course players are going to avoid the weaker classes.
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 17, 2024 2:42AM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to reply from the point of view of PvE tanking.

Templar
    We're attempting to help Templar tanks feel a bit more zealous as they jump into battle by adding a taunt to this ability and its morphs. Since these abilities don't really focus on damage, they've naturally been more beneficial for tanks to run, but didn't do enough to justify the bar slot. The added function of a taunt and extension of Major Protection will give another potential tool for how you wish to lead the charge as a tank, with a more class-appropriate feel as you spread the light anywhere you go.

This is not a skill a PvE tank would use. As others have stated, one of the core responsibilities of a tank is to group enemies so the DDs can dispatch them more efficiently. Maybe there are some high end encounters where the tank needs to zip around the battlefield? I have not encountered this in any of the veteran dungeons, DLC or otherwise.
    Second, none of the tanks is looking for another taunt ability. Pierce Armor won't be replaced by this, neither are any of the ranged taunts available through the Undaunted, Destruction Staff or even scribing skills.
    Third, selfish buffs like Major Protection are also not what Templar Tanks are lacking in my experience. We already have easy access to Minor Protection, and if we wanted to sacrifice a skill slot for Major Protection, there's always Revealing Flare.
    In our ongoing crusade to improve the Templar Tank experience, we're making some number tweaks on their primary defensive ability to make it feel punchier when used in the thick of a fight. Minor Maim helps them potentially save a bar slot from another ability or source, while the increased base scaling reduces the variance in power on the morphs to make sure both feel potent enough that you can dive into the front lines and survive for a few moments longer. Now that these abilities have much more density to them, we're also increasing the cost to match the standard other defensive abilities like it have.

As said above, selfish buffs are not what Templars need for tanking. While this is somewhat in line with the skill and is not an unwelcome change per se, I fear allocating the power budget in this way means some of the changes Templar tanks actually need will not be made.

The issues Templar has as a tank are, from my personal dungeon tanking experience:
    - Nothing they can offer the group besides tanking. Minor Sorcerery is redundant with DK's Minor Brutality, and can be more easily procced by healers and DDs. Minor Recovery buffs from Radiant Aura are more accessible for other classes, becaues they don't waste a skill slot for a skill that does just that. As the original "healing class", you might expect Templar tanks to do a good job off-healing, but Wardens are much better for that as well. The only niche Templars have is the cleanse from Cleansing Ritual, but that is too rarely useful in PvE to make a difference.
    - No good way to proc the one group buff we have, Minor Sorcery. Living Dark is the most useful Dawn's Wrath skill for tanking, but it's not that great in PvE compared to PvP.
    - No reliable burst healing available. Our health-based heal is a HoT that chains us to a particular spot, and power-based heals like Rushed Ceremony can target other players. IMO there are more than enough redundant healing skills to give Templars a reliable self-heal.

Sorcerer
    Originally the healing on this ability and its morphs were meant to help aid non-pet Sorcerers gain some more on demand healing in their kit, which the adjustments have certainly helped with. However, in addition to the bonus scaling of Max Health and Magicka that Expert Summoner granted, it was creating a case where the ability could single-handedly keep you alive with little to no additional healing sources, enabling far too much defensive power in a singular button press. We're toning down the healing by a sizable chunk to match the power of Regenerative Ward, which sees a significant less amount of use compared to Hardened Ward, for a healthier balance point.

This was bound to happen, but losing 33% of the healing for Sorcerer tanks primary burst heal is a real hefty nerf that doesn't even get acknowledged in the Developer Comment.
    I wonder why it isn't possible to retain one morph's usefulness for tanks here. There are plenty of possible paths to make this work, and you have demonstrated yourself with the Warden changes last patch that you don't even shy away from putting health-based cut off points for damaging and healing roles. Please figure something out that doesn't gut Sorcerer tanks here.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • ioResult
    ioResult
    ✭✭✭
    - PTS - NB's cloak lacks that reactivity. It is just a toggle. The whole depth is gone. I can kinda understand that to a certain degree - you want to make the class more accessible. And that is fine. But the devil is in the details... or in this case - numbers:

I did a simple series of tests:
    - On live server, while staying still & casting Shadowy Disguise every 2,9 seconds, I was able to get a result of 18 - 20 seconds of invisibility.
    - On PTS, with the same build, the longest duration I was able to achieve was 10 seconds.

20 seconds on live vs 10 seconds on PTS. 50% nerf.

Tommy you are getting exactly to the essence of the problem.

The increased cost and lack of Magicka Regen while it's toggled on makes it a completely useless ability and impossible to use in combat.

Currently if you time your cloaks you can be at nearly full Magicka when you come out of cloak and begin fighting. With this change, a Nightblade will be down at LEAST 3240 Magicka probably double that when coming out of stealth.

At the very least this Mag cost needs to be cut in half to not completely break the ability when ball groups in Cyrodiil are lagging out the whole server.

This is mind boggling. No other class gets hobbled like this. Unless you run the ReactSlower Tankblade build with Rallying Cry in PvP, night blades are squishy enough already. And now ZOS you're doing away with MagBlade as a play style completely because it will be impossible to keep up Mag to cloak, heal and fight other players using NB Mag abilities or a destro staff.

The past four or five updates ZOS you've done nothing but try to destroy all but ONE single play style of Nightblade in PvP.

This is the final nail in the coffin.

The toggle is going to FAIL to toggle off in PvP just like bar swaps and abilities fail in Cyrodiil when the ball groups are clogging up the global cooldown and causing lag. When it happens in Gray Host, Nightblades will end up with ZERO Magicka when the lag finally rubber bands back and they can finally toggle off the ability.

If you want to change the whole toolkit, then great CHANGE THE WHOLE TOOLKIT but only nerfing our most used ability into the ground without changing the rest of the toolkit just because you want to try to give a reason for people to use cloak more in PvE is unreasonable and unconscionable.

Literally everything ALREADY breaks Nightblades out of cloak now - detect pots, Sentry, THEIR OWN DOTS going off, other classes' abilities, you name it. And now you want to make it cost more and make Nightblades unable to regen Magicka while it's on?

How exactly do you propose we HEAL ourselves?

Both morphs of our heal cost Magicka too, so it's already a fine balance between using both cloak and heal.

Now you want to break that balance completely because no one at ZOS who is working on this change has ever even remotely spent a night in Cyrodiil in 2024 as a Nightblade using Cloak?

I hope you're not listening to streamers about how to change Nightblade "for PvE" because none of the ones who make PvE build videos actually play Nightblade in PvP (other than super tanky CrutchBlade builds).

Or if you make this "no regen during Cloak" change, are you gonna change more skills like the burst heal to have a Stam version?

If not, you're doing nothing but breaking the "hybrid" Nightblade you claimed to want in the past.

And beyond all this, there are already toggle abilities that no one uses during combat against other players. Why? Because the toggle mechanic is unreliable when fighting other actual humans in the game.

There are whole Nightblade guilds in the game. You're not talking to any of them and now you want to change their entire class toolkit without talking to them about how they play the game. Why don't you talk to them?

It would be prudent to either hold off on this change to Cloak until you've revamped the ENTIRE toolkit (while actually TALKING to PvP Nightblades during the development process - we can sign NDAs you know) or - as I said - expect more people to be driven from the game and stop paying you ESO Plus money every month.

We've been giving you money every month for years. That's done with the very day you put this ill conceived and ignominious change to the defining ability of a whole class live onto PC/NA and PC/EU.
    But yeah ZOS...Cloak is the problem.
    --
    sudo rm -rf /
    don't try this at ~
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arcanist Shield changes are interesting.

I don't hate the change, but I would request changing the 1-second front loaded shield to about 1.5 seconds to accommodate those of us who play with high latency.

It just seems unrealistic to time the shield effectively when your ping is 220+.

The new mythic about blocking damage with precision timing is completely ignored by me for this same reason. Let's not be making a trend to precision timing of skills, please no.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    ioResult wrote: »

ABSOLUTELY NOBODY

If this change makes it live that’s my last ESO Plus or any other payment ever to you guys. My subscription gets shut off the day 44 drops with this change. I’m sure it will be the same for others.

But yes, absolutely ZOS, do more to drive more players from the game by changing things no one wants instead of fixing the bugs that have been around for years.

Look at the forum, everyone has been asking this for years. This class is simply the best pvp class and have so much different way to being played with.
    It's not a big nerf really, just changes some details on your build and use crouch.
    Toogle it,crouch, toogle it off. No problem. It would even cost less. For non cloak spammer this is a really good change !
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    You still have merciless bug wich allow you to kill someone with two button: incap+ merciless resolve.
    And the best escaping tool in the game: you can teleport to your shadow through wall 😉
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast_El wrote: »
    ioResult wrote: »

ABSOLUTELY NOBODY

Look at the forum, everyone has been asking this for years.
    Yes. Everyone means like maybe 5 or 10 people in this case... I mean I do sit on this forums often & since a long time and you are right - for a long time a tiny group of same people wanted invisibility to be removed from the game.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 17, 2024 6:09AM
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shadowy Disguise feels completely different to use and is significantly nerfed.

I understand wanting to make cloak more accessible/understandable to new players, but this change is confusing and enraging experienced nightblades. I haven't found one yet who enjoys or is indifferent to this change.

Instead of dumbing down the ability and nerfing NB sustain, how about teach newer players how to use the existing mechanics?

Learning and mastering mechanics = fun.
    Kena
    Former Class Rep
    Former Legend GM
    Beta player