Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where is the ink?

• Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have created just 2 spells. The new system is not used due to lack of ink. This should be sold at a mystic vendor for gold and drops for critical component, ridiculous.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would rather have an overabundance of ink than the current abysmal lack of ink

Players who started with the Scribing system are going to have an overabundance of Luminous Ink in the long term. Part of the design of the system is trying to encourage players to use the system over a long period of time — that includes saving up Luminous Ink for changing their Scribed skills (such as after new Scripts are obtained) or for trying out new Grimoires.

I bet that in two years, most players who started Scribing now will have too much Luminous Ink, while new players starting Scribing for the first time will not have enough Luminous Ink.

I wouldn't mind if ZOS increased the Luminous Ink drop rate and increased the number of sources for acquisition (especially for PvP players), but it's not really going to benefit most of us in the future when we have a lot of Luminous Ink saved up from not utilizing the system for a while.

the problem is we cant use the new system now

i dont think anyone wants to wait 2 years to have a "useable" quantity of ink to try to experiment with

at this point, almost a month out, people have already made up their minds on the system: they are going to not use the system at all because they cant, or they are going to use whatever the streamers and guides suggest to avoid "wasting" ink

essentially no way to experiment or play with the system due to the severe lack of ink, this is what what people were buying gold road for, a 2 year grind, but to use the scribing system to you know, have fun
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have to wonder if running through the quest line on alts again would be faster. I finished the quest line on my main a week ago. Through normal gameplay I've gotten 8 more ink. Little more than one a day.
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to wonder if running through the quest line on alts again would be faster. I finished the quest line on my main a week ago. Through normal gameplay I've gotten 8 more ink. Little more than one a day.

I was wondering if that is what they thought people would do. But I found the quests so boring I'd rather pay 40k for the ink (something I'm *not* going to do) than repeat those. The middle tasks just felt like a deliberate busy work waste my time tasks, ugh!

With 10 toons I doubt I will find enough ink to use the system to any real extent.
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • ruengdet2515
    ruengdet2515
    ✭✭✭
    For now 4 Weeks past I have Ink 12+68.
    It's not hard if you run the resource node and always get it (5-7 Ink) less than 1 hrs.
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not hard if you run the resource node and always get it (5-7 Ink) less than 1 hrs.

While I'm glad for you your luck is not meaningful to my experience. Don't assume that just because I'm not finding ink that I'm not looking.

PS5/NA
    Options
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would rather have an overabundance of ink than the current abysmal lack of ink

Players who started with the Scribing system are going to have an overabundance of Luminous Ink in the long term. Part of the design of the system is trying to encourage players to use the system over a long period of time — that includes saving up Luminous Ink for changing their Scribed skills (such as after new Scripts are obtained) or for trying out new Grimoires.

I bet that in two years, most players who started Scribing now will have too much Luminous Ink, while new players starting Scribing for the first time will not have enough Luminous Ink.

I wouldn't mind if ZOS increased the Luminous Ink drop rate and increased the number of sources for acquisition (especially for PvP players), but it's not really going to benefit most of us in the future when we have a lot of Luminous Ink saved up from not utilizing the system for a while.

i dont think anyone wants to wait 2 years to have a "useable" quantity of ink to try to experiment with

at this point, almost a month out, people have already made up their minds on the system: they are going to not use the system at all because they cant, or they are going to use whatever the streamers and guides suggest to avoid "wasting" ink

essentially no way to experiment or play with the system due to the severe lack of ink, this is what what people were buying gold road for, a 2 year grind, but to use the scribing system to you know, have fun

It would be nice if the drop rate of Luminous Ink was increased, but in particular, I have an issue with where it drops.

All of the sources of acquiring Luminous Ink from the game are PvE-centric. You can acquire it from completing the Scribing questline, from harvesting resource nodes, or from looting slain mobs. You cannot acquire Luminous Ink from defeating other players, so PvP players either have to move to somewhere with mobs that can be looted (like the Imperial City or various places away from keeps in Cyrodiil) or stop somewhere in the wilderness of Cyrodiil to harvest resource nodes. PvE players, on the other hand, have a chance to acquire Luminous Ink from Dungeon, Trial, and Arena enemies, as well as find it from resource nodes while questing in the overworld.

Yes, you can say that you can simply buy Luminous Ink from guild traders in your owned keeps in Cyrodiil. You can also argue that you can trade with players who have Luminous Ink to spare, or you can just stop PvPing and go do some PvE content. But, it's undeniably skewed in favor of PvE players, due to how easy it is to passively find Luminous Ink from PvE activities. If you primarily play Battlegrounds, you don't even have the option of looting mobs or harvesting resource nodes, unless you do so elsewhere while waiting for the queue.

So, while it would benefit newer players to Scribing to increase the drop rate of Luminous Ink, I assert that there must be some passive source of Luminous Ink for PvP players as well — such as in Rewards for the Worthy, which is awarded regardless of whether you play in Cyrodiil, the Imperial City, or in Battlegrounds.

In other words, expand the selection of activities players are allowed to do, rather than outright increase the drop rate for the sources that currently exist. I highly doubt ZOS wants the focus of Scribing to be on harvesting resource nodes, after all.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
    Options
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, while it would benefit newer players to Scribing to increase the drop rate of Luminous Ink, I assert that there must be some passive source of Luminous Ink for PvP players as well — such as in Rewards for the Worthy, which is awarded regardless of whether you play in Cyrodiil, the Imperial City, or in Battlegrounds.

I fully support it. It would be also great if the ink dropped from ToT rewards.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m happy for you that you’re having good luck, but your experience is not representative of everyone’s. I don’t even have 40 ink yet (including my initial 12), and I was deliberately farming nodes every day until I gave up a few days ago. I just grab occasional nodes on my way to daily quest locations now, because dedicated farming was a waste of time. I have killed countless mobs too during normal gameplay. I’ve only earned three ink since the most recent ESO plus trial ended.

I am convinced that drop rates are bugged for some players — either some of you are getting more ink than intended, or some of us are getting way less than intended. Radio silence from ZOS on the matter, still.
    Options
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have actually finished Ink Amasser achievement yesterday. It took me almost fifty hours of farming with a node every six or seven seconds. Sometimes this value increased to around nine or ten due to competition. The location had almost no competition after plus trial ended though.

I kept the all the ores and dusts during the farm, refining them was very satisfactory as well. In the end refining these materials put me into a position that guild stores are no longer needed for me when upgrading items. Maybe this is why the economy is tanking a bit as well. Players farming for ink and side gain just creating a lot of surplus.

On the other hand. I think current ink drop rate from mobs and nodes are fine. It does not require any buff but definitely we need more sources to acquire ink. Such as fishing. Rewards of Worthy boxes. Maybe adding a daily quest to Scribing with a guaranteed reward for ink.

They could just tweak the account wide upgrades we get once we complete the quests first time to allow these.
    Options
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's enough ink.
    bd7f4unwew53.jpeg
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The answer was to make the ink a craftable item, maybe along the lines of provisioning, where there are a mix of materials that are combined to make the ink. Make one ingredient rare, maybe sourced from the Luminaries, or available in the Scholarium from a merchant, that could gatekeep to some degree.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly how can you not use it now? Are you saying you haven't amassed any ink at all? Are there none on the Traders on your server? How many skills do you need to scribe? Because you can do 4 right out of the gate when you finish the quest line.
    Edited by DenverRalphy on June 28, 2024 1:26PM
    Options
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would useful if Ink dropped from additional sources.

e.g. stick some in crafting writ rewards.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
    Options
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭

Either extremely lucky or just a blatant falsehood. I run nodes daily for at least an hour and are lucky to get 1-2 inks. I have not gotten any the past several days and I dash between nodes at max speed constantly harvesting.
    Options
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feaky wrote: »

Either extremely lucky or just a blatant falsehood. I run nodes daily for at least an hour and are lucky to get 1-2 inks. I have not gotten any the past several days and I dash between nodes at max speed constantly harvesting.

So what do you call this?
    p0dgnzka09bh.jpeg
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That falls under lucky
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zoo3v2ftchjo.png

It's not luck, it's just farming long enough for the average drop rate to be true for you as an individual.

(I haven't really farmed since Sunday as I've been busy, so I haven't gotten many this week.)
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly how can you not use it now? Are you saying you haven't amassed any ink at all? Are there none on the Traders on your server? How many skills do you need to scribe? Because you can do 4 right out of the gate when you finish the quest line.

i have gotten, as of yesterday, 32 ink since day 1 of the patch, this was barely enough to do 1 scribe of all of the skills on my main for the achievement, let alone tweak any of those, or use it on any of my other 10 characters

no, i should not have to buy ink, i should not have to rely on other players to use this system

while it is an option, buying ink does not increment the achievement either, you have to get it as drops yourself, and this is part of my problem

on PC we have had this system now for almost a month, i have found a grand total of 32 ink as of june 27 (12 of which was from the initial quest run on day 1 back on june 3)

ive tested my time getting ink both through "normal" gameplay, and periods of actual farming (30-60 min sessions of nothing but node harvesting in various locations)

in 24 days, ive acquired 20 units of ink as drops, that is less than 1 per day avg for me, i feel lucky if i even get any ink at all that day, and i can guarantee that a majority of this ink was probably dropped on the 2nd week

node grinding like a bot is not my idea of fun in the game, and if the drop rate is so low that you are basically forced to do that, with no guarantee you will even get any ink, is the antithesis of fun and im not going to spend my time in game doing that

drop rates need to be increased, im not saying it has to drop like candy, but the current drop rate is untenable for most players

i would also agree with @Erickson9610 that more sources of ink would help alleviate the problem as well (such as a chance from rewards of the worthy or tribute coffers)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i have gotten, as of yesterday, 32 ink since day 1 of the patch, this was barely enough to do 1 scribe of all of the skills on my main for the achievement, let alone tweak any of those, or use it on any of my other 10 characters

no, i should not have to buy ink, i should not have to rely on other players to use this system

while it is an option, buying ink does not increment the achievement either, you have to get it as drops yourself, and this is part of my problem

on PC we have had this system now for almost a month, i have found a grand total of 32 ink as of june 27 (12 of which was from the initial quest run on day 1 back on june 3)

ive tested my time getting ink both through "normal" gameplay, and periods of actual farming (30-60 min sessions of nothing but node harvesting in various locations)

in 24 days, ive acquired 20 units of ink as drops, that is less than 1 per day avg for me, i feel lucky if i even get any ink at all that day, and i can guarantee that a majority of this ink was probably dropped on the 2nd week

node grinding like a bot is not my idea of fun in the game, and if the drop rate is so low that you are basically forced to do that, with no guarantee you will even get any ink, is the antithesis of fun and im not going to spend my time in game doing that

drop rates need to be increased, im not saying it has to drop like candy, but the current drop rate is untenable for most players

i would also agree with @Erickson9610 that more sources of ink would help alleviate the problem as well (such as a chance from rewards of the worthy or tribute coffers)

You do realize that for the accumulator achievement, you could just run the Luminaries quests on 2 alts and that'll put you over. Right?
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i would also agree with Erickson9610 that more sources of ink would help alleviate the problem as well (such as a chance from rewards of the worthy or tribute coffers)

You do realize that for the accumulator achievement, you could just run the Luminaries quests on 2 alts and that'll put you over. Right?

how would that help getting 500 ink for the 3rd achievement? i could care less about the skill style on the 2nd achievement, i want to complete the achievements, but at my current rate of ink drops, im looking at almost 2 years to get 500 ink

not to mention, i also dont want to rerun that insanely boring/repetitive scribing questline again, if they removed the parts where you have to dispel all the wards, then maybe i would rerun that again
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • Orbital78
    Orbital78
    ✭✭✭
    Well I found out there is no cooldown, I got 6 almost in a row (3 nodes with double drops) in Bal Foyen. Up to 270/500, so kina is what it is. I suspect ink will be under 25-30k in another week or two.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orbital78 wrote: »
    Well I found out there is no cooldown, I got 6 almost in a row (3 nodes with double drops) in Bal Foyen. Up to 270/500, so kina is what it is. I suspect ink will be under 25-30k in another week or two.

again, as its been stated multiple times in this thread, by multiple people, not everyone is having this kind of luck

ive farmed bleakrock for 45 min before i got 1 ink, hitting every node within sight, this was basically my breaking point on the "its too rare to bother farming" scale
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • Orbital78
    Orbital78
    ✭✭✭
    9sa8pwyeag4f.png
    wkj3ttwydunw.png
    nw8oliup2eus.png
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wasnt trying to say i didnt believe you lol

that is absolutely not my experience though, i find it difficult to farm nodes for more than 30-60 min, and usually in those timeframes i was getting 0-1 inks, occasionally 2 if the 1 drop i got was a double
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i would also agree with Erickson9610 that more sources of ink would help alleviate the problem as well (such as a chance from rewards of the worthy or tribute coffers)

how would that help getting 500 ink for the 3rd achievement? i could care less about the skill style on the 2nd achievement, i want to complete the achievements, but at my current rate of ink drops, im looking at almost 2 years to get 500 ink

not to mention, i also dont want to rerun that insanely boring/repetitive scribing questline again, if they removed the parts where you have to dispel all the wards, then maybe i would rerun that again

The 500 achievement gives you nothing. No reward, nothing in game attached to it. It's one of those Long Term achievements that only mean that you've been doing it a long long time. It's not meant to be done instantly. So really, no sympathy there.

again, as its been stated multiple times in this thread, by multiple people, not everyone is having this kind of luck

ive farmed bleakrock for 45 min before i got 1 ink, hitting every node within sight, this was basically my breaking point on the "its too rare to bother farming" scale

It's not a matter of luck. It's a matter of knowing how to farm it effectively. If you utilize your alts, you can find a couple of them each day that are running an above average seed.

It's like farming anything else (ie.. furnishing plans). I run 10 toons total. Each day after reset their RNG seeds reset when they login for the firt time. Out of those 10, 3 - 6 of them will be about average in luck. 1 or 2 will be above average, 1 or 2 will be below average, 1 or 2 will be hopeless, and sometimes 1 or 2 will be phenomenal.

You just gotta cycle through your alts until you hit one that does above average or better. Then repeat the process each day.

But if you're just gonna farm and farm and farm on one or two toons, you're rarely ever gonna see those hot streaks.

Edited by DenverRalphy on June 28, 2024 4:06PM
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I posted this early in the thread, from nodes right next to other:
    irtaowuusqv2.png

And no, I don't have "blessed" account, I too go for 100 and 200 nodes with no ink. Except for me 100 nodes is a bit over 7 minutes, so no big deal. For some "cursed" farmers here 100 nodes is an hour, and for some "playing normally" way way more than that.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The 500 achievement gives you nothing. No reward, nothing in game attached to it. It's one of those Long Term achievements that only mean that you've been doing it a long long time. It's not meant to be done instantly. So really, no sympathy there.

It's not a matter of luck. It's a matter of knowing how to farm it effectively. If you utilize your alts, you can find a couple of them each day that are running an above average seed.

It's like farming anything else (ie.. furnishing plans). I run 10 toons total. Each day after reset their RNG seeds reset when they login for the firt time. Out of those 10, 3 - 6 of them will be about average in luck. 1 or 2 will be above average, 1 or 2 will be below average, 1 or 2 will be hopeless, and sometimes 1 or 2 will be phenomenal.

You just gotta cycle through your alts until you hit one that does above average or better. Then repeat the process each day.

But if you're just gonna farm and farm and farm on one or two toons, you're rarely ever gonna see those hot streaks.

at my current rate of ink drops, 500 ink is going to take between 1.5 and 2 years, and entirely dependent on the RNG

ive tried farming nodes on at least 3 different characters, for the same amount of time each, absolutely nothing has helped, tell me to "keep trying on another character" is absolutely not helpful, in fact ive tried harvesting nodes on any character ive been on while working on other things and i get nothing, or i get 1 random ink drop here or there

as i noted, i dont find farming nodes like a bot fun, and telling me to just keep doing that on different characters isnt solving the problem or helping in any way

ink drops from enemies arent any better, i farmed enough enemies to fully complete the echo of the abolisher collectible from west weald public dungeons, in that entire time, i got 1 ink drop (i probably spent like an hour and half on this)

at this point, ive already basically resigned myself from using the system, mostly because i really cant due to the lack of ink drops from normal gameplay
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ink should be available at an NPC vendor in the Scholarium and Mages Guilds, probably priced around 125-250g since empty soul gems have variable pricing and are available at NPCs.

The drop rate feels like it's about the same as receiving an empty soul gem and players sell both items.
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ive tried harvesting nodes on any character ive been on while working on other things

Here's your problem.

Imagine this thread was about dummy parses, and you complain that you can't pull 140k while doing other things simultaneously with parsing, like furnishing your house in the middle of the parse...
    Options