Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Greenshade RollBack Issues for Everyone in the Zone Getting Worse.

• SamAkira
    SamAkira
    ✭✭
    Maerthos wrote: »
    still bugged even after launch

Can confirm this, 2 times in the last half hour for me

• Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still bugged even after pre launch patch, it's more frequent now ....
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • ekram28
    ekram28
    Soul Shriven
    AAAAaand again. Yeah this is still happening frequently and im amazed that no one has said how this is a priority. Basically theres most of a faction stuck and unable to move forward.. slightly unfair.
  • Snugenz
    Snugenz
    Two more dc's (and rollbacks not that i got to do anything significant) back to back, it's actually gotten worse...
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is getting pretty tedious. It needs to be highest priority... broken quests can be fixed later.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We're working on narrowing down what the cause of these crashes and rollbacks in Greenshade are. Any details you can provide would help. Here are a few ideas:

- What quest were you doing at the time?
    - What is your class and race?
    - Was there a specific ability you used when you crashed?
    - Did you have any pets or summons when you crashed?
    - Are you using any mods?
    - Were you talking to a specific NPC when you crashed?
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • facciamoeb17_ESO
    Please fix this...its game breaking!!!
  • Ilyana
    Ilyana
    Quests: any
    Altmer templar
    Skills: All and none, seems completely unrelated
    Pets/summons: None
    Yes: Wykkyd's framework/full immersion/outfitter, Esohead, EsoheadMarkers, FTC, InventoryItemBorders, LootDrop, Xautorepair, Xtimestamp
    NPC: None, some, unrelated.
  • Anarkaen
    Anarkaen
    Doing the Staff of Magnus (And the Mage's Guild lvl 20, speaking to Valaste).
    Class : Nightblade, Race : Khajiit
    Nothing specific, it just crashed, everything was frozen, just had to delog, once I came back I was at Grahtwood.
    No pets.
    No mods.
    Maybe but not sure. First time I had to listen to someone but someone never came (right after speaking to the captain in the Mage's guild entry, after having seeing that the staff was stolen). And the second time I spoke to Valaste, open the book, and that was done.
    Please fix it quick, Greenshade is rollback land, can't do anything in it.
  • Snugenz
    Snugenz
    - What quest were you doing at the time? None
    - What is your class and race? Bosmer Nightblade
    - Was there a specific ability you used when you crashed? Walking
    - Did you have any pets or summons when you crashed? Imperial Mount
    - Are you using any mods? FTC and XPView
    - Were you talking to a specific NPC when you crashed? Nope
    Edited by Snugenz on April 3, 2014 11:22PM
  • Fennec
    Fennec
    ✭✭
    We're working on narrowing down what the cause of these crashes and rollbacks in Greenshade are. Any details you can provide would help. Here are a few ideas:

I believe it's related to either of those 2 quests:
    Shades of Green or Create a Guardian. I can't give evidence to this.

The reason I believe for this is:

Shades of Green Summons those worshippers in a few seconds, maybe the server/map gets overloaded after a while. [Main Quest] And it's bugged, need to get fixed mods!

Create a Guardian.
    When you create a guadian, it does the weirdest things. From attacking random guardian to just instant dying. It could be related to the rolebacks.
    Also did I note this quest is bugged? Take a look at the bugs Teso Staff!
    Edited by Fennec on April 3, 2014 11:25PM
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happens randomly at different progressions. On different quests. Or happens when simply grinding mobs. Just basically seem to lose connection to sever.. after waiting a while, puts you back to character creation screen. Upon logging in, you're pushed back to last save point (most ppl are relogging every 5 mins or so) otherwise it'll roll you back a lot further.

Every time it happens I log back in to everyone spamming zone chat omg it happened again. So it's seemingly happening to everyone in zone at once, like the zone is crashing.
    Edited by Nooblet on April 3, 2014 11:29PM
  • truespartan911nub18_ESO
    PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP. Greenshade constantly rolls back every 15-20 mins or so making the zone unplayable and unable to progress.
    PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP. Greenshade constantly rolls back every 20 mins or so making the zone unplayable and unable to progress.
  • Arcanos
    Arcanos

-I have been rolled back on perhaps five different quests. I don't remember them off the top of my head.
    -Templar, High Elf
    -It has not happened in combat to me yet, only running around.
    -I am using no mods.
    -The only NPC related crash I had was with the guardian. That quest is also bugged.
    - What quest were you doing at the time? Create a Guardian also doing nothing
    - What is your class and race? Altmer, Sorc
    - Was there a specific ability you used when you crashed? Walking
    - Did you have any pets or summons when you crashed? No
    - Are you using any mods? No
    - Were you talking to a specific NPC when you crashed? No
  • jaymillb14_ESO
    - What quest were you doing at the time? Has happened during just about every quest in the zone.
    - What is your class and race? Bosmer, Nightblade
    - Was there a specific ability you used when you crashed? This has happened to me while gathering, while running, while mounted, while in combat, while talking to an NPC, and while moving between doors.
    - Are you using any mods? No

In addition to the above, when a crash-to-login-rollback occurs, Zone chat will fill with complaints from others who have also experienced the same thing.

And finally, the quest "Retaking the Pass" is completely broken, blocking all progress in the over-arching zone quest "Shades of Green". The server restart did not resolve this.
  • ntcrysteb17_ESO
    Quests: various... I know the first time it showed up was yesterday when I was doing the quest where you discover the Staff of Magnus in the Mages Guild in Marbruk is an illusion, the name escapes me and I finished it afterwards...

Class & Race: Sorcerer, Breton. Using Bows, if that's of consequence.

Specific abilities used: None that I can think of. I think it usually starts when I'm trying to interact with a quest objective, a door or somesuch - the game becomes (or had become) unresponsive, can't log out normally or interact with anything, and I have to force close the client. When I relog, it's rolled back.

Pets or summons: Possibly a Winged Twilight, but I'm pretty sure it happened when I didn't have anything summoned.

Mods: None.

Specific NPCs: None that I can think of, see above.

Edit: It seems to occur more after I've spent some time fiddling with the inventory, crafting/deconstructing stuff, selling junk etc. (And need I say it, MAN it's annoying...)
    Edited by ntcrysteb17_ESO on April 4, 2014 12:58AM
    I'm furry for Razum-Dar.
  • ekram28
    ekram28
    Soul Shriven
    Fingers crossed i abandoned my bugged create a guardian quest and im yet to roll back
  • ekram28
    ekram28
    Soul Shriven
    Nope, just got a rollback
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Every quest I attempted to complete in Greenshade resulted in a crash and a rollback. I attempted 4-5 quests. Note that rollback is resetting progress acquired during Staff of Magnus quest--namely skill line advancement when clicking on the various plants in the vault. After rollback skill lines were reset, and plants no longer conferred skill line benefit.

Altmer Sorceror

No

No

No

No, crashes appeared random
    Edited by Kilandros on April 4, 2014 12:21AM
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Solo18
    Solo18
    - Not doing any quests just exploring
    -
    - What is your class and race?Woodelf Nightblade
    -
    - Was there a specific ability you used when you crashed? NO
    -
    - Did you have any pets or summons when you crashed? NO
    -
    - Are you using any mods? NO
    -
    - Were you talking to a specific NPC when you crashed NO

Everyone is rolling back , and its only this zone , can go to another zone and works just fine...
  • Maerthos
    Maerthos
    its looks like some kind of spesific event in phase doing this. sometimes even if i am afk i got this de sync (whole world around me just stoped) than automatic dc. after lohin back i am on my last sync position. some times i got 3-5 rollbacks in one hour and sometime whole hour without one.
  • Ryoshi1
    Ryoshi1
    Rollbacks are back

/been greenshaded again
    Edited by Ryoshi1 on April 4, 2014 12:28AM
  • Vitrol
    Vitrol
    This is beyond belief now. Fix this. Beta's over, it's time to be a stable big boy game.
  • Sedlina
    Sedlina

- What quest were you doing at the time? Handmade Guardian (is btw also bugged - your guardian gets 1 shotted every time); the fading tree; none (roaming / farming);
    - What is your class and race? Mage, Bosmer
    - Was there a specific ability you used when you crashed? Standing idle around. Looting corpses. Interacting with quest objectives
    - Are you using any mods? No.

Insanity is like pie: I love it,
    Sanity is like cake: It's a lie!
  • adamgostynski_ESO
    Yea this is BS i wont even play till this is fixed
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, I just received email from support

7V72r.png
    He said the issues has been resolved,
    So is the Greenshade issues fixed yet?
    Edited by Wow on April 4, 2014 1:08AM
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • pickled.cheese.pronub18_ESO
    What quest were you doing at the time? Any quest, really. My first rollback came from just after the Mages Guild quest there. Then, the Staff of Magnus quest. Then the quest to steal back the items the master thief has stolen. Most recently, I was on Frighten the Fearsome quest.
    - What is your class and race? Argonian Templar
    - Was there a specific ability you used when you crashed? Does walking count as a specific ability?
    - Did you have any pets or summons when you crashed? I have the Scuttler pet.
    - Are you using any mods? Yes. ESOhead and ESOHead gatherer is what I was using when I crashed.
    - Were you talking to a specific NPC when you crashed? No.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    As we continue to investigate this issue, a temporary work-around is to log to character select after you've completed anything significant in Greenshade. We realize this is not ideal, but we ask for your patience as we continue look into the cause of the crashes.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post