Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CRITICAL BUG: booted to lobby and player and map rolled back in cyrodiil

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    Crown wrote: »
    Some PvE guildies lost a lot of incidental stuff like bought alliance potions and siege, AP, as well as all the gold from repecs, missing bought crown items, disappearing boxes and contents, etc.

Some lost crown crate items, others kept the items and had the crates back in inventory after crashes. I picked up a war torte recipe and crashed 2 mins later losing it, on another crash I had just re-upped 100 alliance pots (red and blue ones). Got confirmation from support that their logs don’t show anything and won’t take action even with video evidence (always recording), so it’s probably best to just accept losses and move on.. Not worth arguing if the logs messed up, and policies dictate that they don’t do anything without logs.

It's really unbelievable that the response to several-time-an-hour crashing & rollbacks along with deleted items is "we understand this is an inconvenience" and "our logs can't show us what you lost so you're out of luck".

I'm surprised there aren't more people outraged about this. I guess this is just how small the PVP community has shrunk to.

I don't think it has anything to do with the type of or size of the particular community. But I do find it interesting that they can tell how many transmutes people got from deconstructing and ban accordingly, but they have no record of Crown transactions that disappeared into thin air.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Safe to assume we will not get an after action on this "bug" aka server meltdown for 3 days. @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know that postmortem is needed. Some code was inadvertently altered either by accident or they just didn't realize it was so entwined. We assume it was the set fix but could be anything. I doubt they want to go into how the sausage is made to be able to give specifics
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know that postmortem is needed. Some code was inadvertently altered either by accident or they just didn't realize it was so entwined. We assume it was the set fix but could be anything. I doubt they want to go into how the sausage is made to be able to give specifics

Cool story.
  • magus.septim
    magus.septim
    ✭✭✭
    Safe to assume we will not get an after action on this "bug" aka server meltdown for 3 days. @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

Most likely this was a database issue, since the entire state of the map and state of the players was rolled back each crash (every 15 minutes or so). This likely means the database was crashing and then rolling back to its last restore point, which is probably saved every 15 minutes.
    There are any number of reasons a database could crash, maybe it was getting full, who knows.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take the lack of dev/mod response as a we won't ever get any real after action to the issue.. just a *waves hand* all is good here. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin