Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CRITICAL BUG: booted to lobby and player and map rolled back in cyrodiil

• Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StihlReign wrote: »
    Desiato wrote: »
    This is why I wish the mythic guys would pitch AvA+IC as a standalone PvPvE F2P game to Microsoft. I think the greater PVP gaming community would love to play it if they didn't have to play ESO PVE to do it. It's a potential home run with very little work needed for a product that could continue to use assets developed for ESO.

This game (PvP) 1. probably couldn't exist without PvE and 2. would be horrible without the PvE component to support it, and I highly doubt PvPers would play the game if it were disconnected from PvE.
    Why not? An ESO PVP player would still have the option of playing ESO PVE. The game modes are fundamentally distinct. Most PVP players I know don't enjoy it when they feel compelled to play PVE for a new mythic or dungeon set when what they really want to be doing is playing PVP.

The games could be highly tied together in terms of cosmetics, crafting progression, mounts, and even housing. The goal would be to open Cyrodiil to a MUCH larger audience -- which it needs to be viable to develop further.
    This game was billed and sold as a massive PvP game with PvE support and it should return to that mission. Most of the PvE material is 8 maybe 9/10.
    I understand what the game was built to be. PVP and challenging PVE were supposed to be major components. It failed and was re-envisioned as the game it is today which ZOS doesn't even call an MMO anymore. They have said many times they now prefer to call it an "online RPG" because it's more focused on the single player story driven experience.

Don't forget, Cyrodiil was originally designed so that PVP focused players could progress entirely in that zone. For many years, most PVE sets weren't even viable in PVE and vice versa. Until 1T, the PVE burden for someone who wanted to just PVP was minimal, which is why it retained some degree of popularity despite the plethora of issues that existed then.

You criticize PVP as lacking, but most popular PVP games have limited content that is replayed indefinitely for years or decades, and that is the case among the remaining PVP enthusiasts here.
    PvP and Vet Trials = Endgame.
    That was to be true in 2014, but it has never been true to the majority of ESO players. The true end game for most players is fashion for their characters and decorating homes. They will never be into difficult content or PVP because that's not their cup of tea. They are players who discovered this franchise playing Skyrim.

The game you expect ESO to be doesn't exist anymore and will never exist again. That ship has sailed. If you want PVP to be supported, it needs players. But the average ESO player isn't into PVP and the greater PVP gaming audience that doesn't play ESO will probably never be into grinding hundreds of hours of ezmode fashion scrolls online.
    Edited by Desiato on April 10, 2024 7:00PM
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your thoughts. Don't agree with anything you've said.
    Edited by StihlReign on April 10, 2024 7:10PM
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want PVP to be supported, it needs players.

So the 2 hour queues in prime time some nights are indicative of..?

Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    If you want PVP to be supported, it needs players.

So the 2 hour queues in prime time some nights are indicative of..?

Way too low max pop.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, we have an update for this. Hotfix is planned for tomorrow at 6am ET/10am UTC.

Added note: If you still experience problems after the hotfix tomorrow, please flag for us ASAP. We don't anticipate an issue, but if there is we can get that info to our teams.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656183/pc-mac-hotfix-april-11-addressing-recent-zone-crashing
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 10, 2024 7:47PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Mall0ry
    Mall0ry
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, we have an update for this. Hotfix is planned for tomorrow at 6am ET/10am UTC.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656183/pc-mac-hotfix-april-11-addressing-recent-zone-crashing

Nice! Thank you, Kevin.
    Hear the singing of our blades
    death has come, foes be afraid!

(Jouvena - Aldmeri Dominion Eternal)

EU PC PvP AD only. Please give Cyro some love, Zos!
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely awesome! Thank you!
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭

Cool thanks, hope cyro can stay exploit and crash free for a little while.
  • magus.septim
    magus.septim
    ✭✭✭

thats great news, thank you Kevin and ZOS dev team!
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭

Added note: If you still experience problems after the hotfix tomorrow, please flag for us ASAP. We don't anticipate an issue, but if there is we can get that info to our teams.

Glad to see communication is up now as per usual with other issues, keep it up and people may cry less. Thank you.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will there be a post mortem and items learned that will be made public? Would really like to see the how/why this happened and how the response was handled.
  • RoseTheSnowElf
    RoseTheSnowElf
    ✭✭✭
    A roll back on PS NA just happened in Cyro today at approx 5:50 PM CST.
    PS5 NA EP GH

Wood Elf NB - 5 Star

Dark Elf Arcanist (healer) - 2 Star
  • dcrush
    dcrush
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the “pvp update” that’s in the roadmap for later this year will turn out to be “we’re shutting off pvp”.
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    dcrush wrote: »
    I wonder if the “pvp update” that’s in the roadmap for later this year will turn out to be “we’re shutting off pvp”.

They have said on numerous occasions its not for Cyrodiil

Maybe a new Dueling Arena??? Who knows at this point.
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given how long this thread has run, I'm defnitely looking forward to the next bug cycle! :D
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnjetau wrote: »
    dcrush wrote: »

They have said on numerous occasions its not for Cyrodiil

Maybe a new Dueling Arena??? Who knows at this point.

I mean what could possibly fit the description of "Not Cyrodiil" more than, well, no Cyrodiil! lol
    Edited by Sluggy on April 11, 2024 7:52AM
  • magus.septim
    magus.septim
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin so far, so good in greyhost, thank you
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

I really hope you all will do a post-mortem after this "incident" and put something out there on the forums for the community to explain what happened, how it happened, what changes will be made moving forward to prevent something like this taking place again, and how the communication (lack there of IMO) with the community was decided.

If you're truly hoping to improve on your communication and be more transparent this would be a great first step in that general direction.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Will this be happening now that it looks like the issue has been fixed? There was ALOT more going on than just crashing 2-3 times every 30 minutes. People lost a ton of items they collected during those times, crown issues, AP/Gold being spent going away, having to reset champ points and pay for that over and over, there is a lot to unpack with this "bug" and warrants a decent thread to explain how it all happened and next steps ZOS has planned for resolving the issues and all the things people lost during this. Keep in mind this happened for 3 days straight so on average 2 disconnects every 30 minutes for 3 straight days. Unless you logged out right before the mass DCs you lost everything you had done during that time.

Again, this is not just a small bug and shouldn't be treated like such.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AGAIN!

I really hope you all will do a post-mortem after this "incident" and put something out there on the forums for the community to explain what happened, how it happened, what changes will be made moving forward to prevent something like this taking place again, and how the communication (lack there of IMO) with the community was decided.

If you're truly hoping to improve on your communication and be more transparent this would be a great first step in that general direction.

Will this be happening now that it looks like the issue has been fixed? There was ALOT more going on than just crashing 2-3 times every 30 minutes. People lost a ton of items they collected during those times, crown issues, AP/Gold being spent going away, having to reset champ points and pay for that over and over, there is a lot to unpack with this "bug" and warrants a decent thread to explain how it all happened and next steps ZOS has planned for resolving the issues and all the things people lost during this. Keep in mind this happened for 3 days straight so on average 2 disconnects every 30 minutes for 3 straight days. Unless you logged out right before the mass DCs you lost everything you had done during that time.

I lost my pants.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't want to jinx it, but so far so good in Cyrodiil after today's fix. ...now if we could just get them to give us a reasonable drop rate for the anniversary "celebration/grind" style pages we'd be in business.
  • Mall0ry
    Mall0ry
    Don't want to jinx it, but so far so good in Cyrodiil after today's fix. ...now if we could just get them to give us a reasonable drop rate for the anniversary "celebration/grind" style pages we'd be in business.

Thanks for the update, i did not try Cyro yet. What a relief.
    My drop rate is good, i cannot complain, took almost no time to get the first motif (1,5 hours maybe).
    Hear the singing of our blades
    death has come, foes be afraid!

(Jouvena - Aldmeri Dominion Eternal)

EU PC PvP AD only. Please give Cyro some love, Zos!
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AGAIN!

I lost my pants.

What do you mean?
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like good news with these responses...woo hoo!
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My emphasis.

Retagging: @ZOS_GinaBruno.

Some PvE guildies lost a lot of incidental stuff like bought alliance potions and siege, AP, as well as all the gold from repecs, missing bought crown items, disappearing boxes and contents, etc. As they are PvEers and don't see the PvP rumour mill in zone or the heads up from PvP guilds, they often didn't even realise until the issue and this thread finally appeared in the dev tracker. Acknowledgment of which coincided with the problem spreading to the general overland content. Hmmmm.

Some detailed explanation would be appreciated. Replacement or recompense would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

In my last crown crate I got 3 apex mounts and a house before the game crashed and everything got rolled back.

[snip]
    [edited for demand & profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 12, 2024 11:55AM
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW had no issues last night (12 hours ago from now) in Cyro.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some PvE guildies lost a lot of incidental stuff like bought alliance potions and siege, AP, as well as all the gold from repecs, missing bought crown items, disappearing boxes and contents, etc.

Some lost crown crate items, others kept the items and had the crates back in inventory after crashes. I picked up a war torte recipe and crashed 2 mins later losing it, on another crash I had just re-upped 100 alliance pots (red and blue ones). Got confirmation from support that their logs don’t show anything and won’t take action even with video evidence (always recording), so it’s probably best to just accept losses and move on.. Not worth arguing if the logs messed up, and policies dictate that they don’t do anything without logs.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AGAIN!

I lost my pants.

What do you mean?

I changed out my pants to new one from a crate. The next rollback those beautiful purple pants were gone. It was on a level 17 that was playing for armor.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some PvE guildies lost a lot of incidental stuff like bought alliance potions and siege, AP, as well as all the gold from repecs, missing bought crown items, disappearing boxes and contents, etc.

Some lost crown crate items, others kept the items and had the crates back in inventory after crashes. I picked up a war torte recipe and crashed 2 mins later losing it, on another crash I had just re-upped 100 alliance pots (red and blue ones). Got confirmation from support that their logs don’t show anything and won’t take action even with video evidence (always recording), so it’s probably best to just accept losses and move on.. Not worth arguing if the logs messed up, and policies dictate that they don’t do anything without logs.

It's really unbelievable that the response to several-time-an-hour crashing & rollbacks along with deleted items is "we understand this is an inconvenience" and "our logs can't show us what you lost so you're out of luck".

I'm surprised there aren't more people outraged about this. I guess this is just how small the PVP community has shrunk to.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »

It's really unbelievable that the response to several-time-an-hour crashing & rollbacks along with deleted items is "we understand this is an inconvenience" and "our logs can't show us what you lost so you're out of luck".

I'm surprised there aren't more people outraged about this. I guess this is just how small the PVP community has shrunk to.

My emphasis.

Retagging: @ZOS_GinaBruno.

Some PvE guildies lost a lot of incidental stuff like bought alliance potions and siege, AP, as well as all the gold from repecs, missing bought crown items, disappearing boxes and contents, etc. As they are PvEers and don't see the PvP rumour mill in zone or the heads up from PvP guilds, they often didn't even realise until the issue and this thread finally appeared in the dev tracker. Acknowledgment of which coincided with the problem spreading to the general overland content. Hmmmm.

Some detailed explanation would be appreciated. Replacement or recompense would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

@ZOS_GinaBruno