Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CRITICAL BUG: booted to lobby and player and map rolled back in cyrodiil

• JustLovely
    JustLovely
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, here is an update. The team is working to resolve this. We have more testing on a potential fix, but we won’t have that for certain until tomorrow. So we’ll provide an update again something late tomorrow afternoon. That will give us time to test and verify if our potential fix will work.

Thanks for the update.

Now we know to go ahead and cancel raid group again today. :'(

No reason to deal with this kind of performance knowing anything we do is just going to be rolled back every 20 minutes or so when everyone gets disconnected.

Between the performance in Cyrodiil and the unnecessary style page grinds, have to say this anniversary event has been less than anticipated by a pretty fair margin.

Edited by JustLovely on April 9, 2024 9:39AM
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]
    If it weren't so sad you could laugh about it. :(

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 9, 2024 6:26PM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
    Please raise the population caps.
    @ZOS - Convert the heal on "Hardened Ward" into a HoT pls.
  • Valgar0r
    Valgar0r
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go again on PC EU. Let's hope it gonna be fixed before the week-end :/
    Edited by Valgar0r on April 9, 2024 2:19PM
    • EU | PC // (CP 2400+)
    • NA | PC // (CP 2100+)
    • EP - Valgarôr - AR50 - Sorc
    • EP - Dreadrâ - AR41 - NB
    • EP - Jah'Far - Bard - DK
    • >!< - Ôops - Lady of Misrule - NB
    • ~SatGNU~
    • ~Necrotic Lagg~
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Oh my. Lol

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 9, 2024 6:26PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're looking at why I decided not to sub....days of impaired functionality..just not acceptable.
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭
    PvP completely unplayable. If this were the case for anything else in the game it would get a fix in an acceptable amount of time. ESO the only game that doesn't hotfix game breaking stuff, instead takes 2 weeks +
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [snip]

And the response to that problem shows up in the dev tracker, the response to this one does not.
    Make of that what you will.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 9, 2024 6:27PM
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Accurate. And they wonder why the PvP community is so damn vocal.

Coming up on 24 hours of literally unplayable and a might have something later tomorrow response.

[snip]

If this was a one of thing, alright stuff happens, but this is almost every patch now where they destroy PvP.

IF this was happening to a zone in PvE servers would have been brought down or the patch would have been rolled back.

[edited for trolling & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 9, 2024 6:48PM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be fair; it is a different team, I am sure. But the communication? Yikes
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭
    Watching someone stream, rollback, have to reconsume their food,, apparently the food doesn't get rolled back but the buff does so they lose it twice. Very fun to deal with I'd imagine.
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if there was a PTS that pointed out issues before they went Live. Wouldn't that be awesome?

ZOS should do that...make a PTS server.
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, here is an update. The team is working to resolve this. We have more testing on a potential fix, but we won’t have that for certain until tomorrow. So we’ll provide an update again something late tomorrow afternoon. That will give us time to test and verify if our potential fix will work.

[snip]

This has been true for at least 8 years. Anyone who takes Cyrodiil seriously should re-think their priorities.

It should only be played casually so that when things like this happen, in addition to all the normal problems like prime time lag and PVE combat changes that make PVP worse, it's no problem to do something else instead.

It's basically on life support with few players and probably the lowest priority to ZOS in the game. I'm not apologizing for the devs or bashing them when I say this. It is what it is.

I realized this during the postern wall hole bug many years ago and quit in disgust because of that. But now I take it for what it is, not what I want it to be or what it should have been.

To those banging their head against the wall over and over and over again, find something else to do until it's fixed! Stop aggravating yourself over something the proprietors place so low on their priority list.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 9, 2024 6:33PM
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭
    Desiato wrote: »

[snip]

This has been true for at least 8 years. Anyone who takes Cyrodiil seriously should re-think their priorities.

It should only be played casually so that when things like this happen, in addition to all the normal problems like prime time lag and PVE combat changes that make PVP worse, it's no problem to do something else instead.

It's basically on life support with few players and probably the lowest priority to ZOS in the game. I'm not apologizing for the devs or bashing them when I say this. It is what it is.

I realized this during the postern wall hole bug many years ago and quit in disgust because of that. But now I take it for what it is, not what I want it to be or what it should have been.

To those banging their head against the wall over and over and over again, find something else to do until it's fixed! Stop aggravating yourself over something the proprietors place so low on their priority list.

The problem is the other parts of the game are low on our priority list. PvP is the only thing that has good replay value for most people after they've beaten all the end game PvE content to death. They should instead, just, now bare with me here.... care more about it.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 9, 2024 6:34PM
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least they are not telling us all to check some useless tech support link... [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 9, 2024 6:30PM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why isn't this on the dev tracker? The Xbox server issues are there, and the crown purchasing issue is there - both of which just arose this morning. This has been going on for 24+ hours and is just about the worst possible issue I can imagine happening to an MMO - server instability to the point of repetitive crashing & rollbacks.

Is this not something zenimax thinks is worthy of raising awareness around?
    Edited by React on April 9, 2024 4:03PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is the other parts of the game are low on our priority list. PvP is the only thing that has good replay value for most people after they've beaten all the end game PvE content to death. They should instead, just, now bare with me here.... care more about it.
    Right, that is also the case for me. I'm not saying do something else in ESO necessarily, I mean generally.

Of course they should care more about it, but they haven't for more than a decade, so it's unrealistic to expect that to change. ESO is mainly an ultra-casual PVE "online rpg" (as they prefer to call it). I guarantee you the devs aren't losing sleep over angry pvp players because we've been angry for 10 years now.

I'm not saying don't complain about it, but after one has done that, they can decide to do something else until the problem is fixed or continue playing and deal with the constant aggravation from the crashes and rollbacks they know are going to happen. I'll take option A.

Edited by Desiato on April 9, 2024 5:15PM
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was in cyro for a bit last night (dealing 400k dmg for weekly endeavor) and had one of those crashes/rollbacks too, it was odd

i was in the middle of empty fields running to a keep and all the sudden i was back at the character selection screen like i had used the logout function, and when i got back in i noticed the rollback (i swapped a siege on my quickslot before going into combat), i was only in there a short time before the one crash/rollback so i didnt lose much, but i definitely didnt stick around after i finished the endeavor
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • HeavyMetalHippie420
    On PC NA, people are also losing the jubilee boxes when they crash and get rolled back. I think they need to use the huge amounts of money they use to travel the world to fix and upgrade their systems. This is the first year out of the 3 I've been playing where I get numerous loading screens in pve and lots of lag in PVP.
    HeavyMetalHippie420
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally just happened to me in Craglorn 1 minute ago, was at guild traders, insta logged to character select, went back in and I was at Craglorn Waysrhine?
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC NA, people are also losing the jubilee boxes when they crash and get rolled back. I think they need to use the huge amounts of money they use to travel the world to fix and upgrade their systems. This is the first year out of the 3 I've been playing where I get numerous loading screens in pve and lots of lag in PVP.

Chiming in to add some more context to losing stuff.

Loaded on up siege now that we can stack them, opened a bunch of mail, a bunch of event boxes, etc.

Server rolls back. Lost everything I just opened/bought but the AP and gold is still spent. Spent so much AP last night trying to fight and stack up on siege. Changing champion points, sets, etc, and every time it rolls back everything is back to old.

I truly don't think ZOS comprehends just how massive this bug is ATM - or maybe they just care more about the $ which is why there is such a huge focus on fixing the stupid crown store.
  • Mall0ry
    Mall0ry
    People lose more and more items because of those many, many crashes. Somebody mentioned a War Torte receipe is gone which he/she picked up a moment before a crash, somebody else lost an item from a crown crate.
    Those crashes occur so often, it is not playable anymore. Three crashes within 15 minutes.

Edit. i think i had seven crashs in total now.
    Edited by Mall0ry on April 9, 2024 6:26PM
    Hear the singing of our blades
    death has come, foes be afraid!

(Jouvena - Aldmeri Dominion Eternal)

EU PC PvP AD only. Please give Cyro some love, Zos!
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭

Chiming in to add some more context to losing stuff.

Loaded on up siege now that we can stack them, opened a bunch of mail, a bunch of event boxes, etc.

Server rolls back. Lost everything I just opened/bought but the AP and gold is still spent. Spent so much AP last night trying to fight and stack up on siege. Changing champion points, sets, etc, and every time it rolls back everything is back to old.

I truly don't think ZOS comprehends just how massive this bug is ATM - or maybe they just care more about the $ which is why there is such a huge focus on fixing the stupid crown store.

Beautiful.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mall0ry wrote: »
    People even lose items because of those many, many crashes. Somebody mentioned a War Torte receipe is gone which he/she picked up a moment before a crash, somebody else lost an item from a crown crate.
    Those crashes occur so often, it is not playable anymore. Three crashes within 15 minutes.

Yup, you lose crown stuff as well.

ZOS needs a crisis mgmt team on this issue yesterday. Do they truly have no idea how big this issue is or are they just keeping their mouth shut and ignoring it for now.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • MachineGod
    MachineGod
    ✭✭✭
    Fine if ZOS are ignoring the issue this much perhaps this will get their attention.

If you time the crashes perfectly and character backups you are able to dupe items, gold etc. Who knew rollbacks could do such things!

Perhpas its worth fixing afterall and maybe a dev tracker issue?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is ridiculous. Not really anything else to say.

An entire worldspace causing crashes and server rollbacks (causing players to lose in game AND crown store items) should be cause for all hands on deck to fix the issue.

At the very least, they should be taking down Cyrodiil entirely to fix the issue as quickly as possible.
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭
    The best part is there isn't an update at all today, just deal with it, we do not care.
  • coryj87b14a_ESO
    Maybe they'll fix it when they realize you can dupe crown crates
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best part is there isn't an update at all today, just deal with it, we do not care.

There will be an update right before they leave the office for the day.

This should be an all freaking hands on deck issue. Not only are we losing real $ from crown items but also the duping issues, losing a crap ton of in game AP/gold/items, absolute chaos right now and the teams silent.

At the absolute bare minimum I'd expect a company of this size to put out an update saying they are aware and what they are still doing to try to solve it. Other companies when they have issues of this magnitude will do updates every 3-4 hours.

Nothing from ZOS.

'We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.' ~ @ZOS_GinaBruno , nov 2018

Have they learned anything since 2018? Guess not.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This should be an all freaking hands on deck issue. Not only are we losing real $ from crown items but also the duping issues, losing a crap ton of in game AP/gold/items, absolute chaos right now and the teams silent.

At the absolute bare minimum I'd expect a company of this size to put out an update saying they are aware and what they are still doing to try to solve it. Other companies when they have issues of this magnitude will do updates every 3-4 hours.

Nothing from ZOS.

'We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.' ~ ZOS_GinaBruno , nov 2018

i guess you didnt see that zos_kevin already responded in this thread yesterday that they are aware of it and working on a fix?
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing from ZOS.

'We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.' ~ ZOS_GinaBruno , nov 2018

i guess you didnt see that zos_kevin already responded in this thread yesterday that they are aware of it and working on a fix?

Oh, I did see it. That response was eh at best for a "bug" of this magnitude. Followed by multiple dev responses this morning when a crown store issue popped up.

Imagine if PvE reset 2-3 times every 30 minutes, everything you did was reset (including buying crowns), you can duplicate items, etc, and that was the response you got followed by silence from the team today.

PvErs would be losing their absolute minds right now.