Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hardened Ward heal making it to live is a mistake and needs to be changed

• RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    The top Sorcs I talk to all agree Ward is busted 🤣

1. PvP is small fraction compared to PvE.
    2. People who regularly duel is an even smaller fraction of the PvP community.
    3. The “top sorcs” who duel are an even smaller fraction.

Who cares what .001% of the game demand? Changes are made to benefit everyone and squeaky wheels don’t always get the grease in decisions like this.

Your isolated examples don’t make sense and never will. Sorry mate.

The changes are important to make non-pet mag sorcs viable without being over powered in most situations.
    Edited by RomanRex on May 15, 2024 5:42PM
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RomanRex wrote: »

Who cares what .001% of the game demand? Changes are made to benefit everyone and squeaky wheels don’t always get the grease in decisions like this.

The changes are importantly to make mag sorcs viable without being over powered in most situations.

1) How is Ward buff needed for PvE when there are healers?
    2) Going by your logic, let’s revert mDW nerf and revert proc set nerfs. They helped raise the floor and benefited everyone.
    3) Top Sorcs don’t need to be duelers to know Wars is busted

Your argument gets dismantled pretty quickly when we consider past balance issues that benefited everyone but were deemed imbalanced.

Things like proc sets, certain skill mechanics, were beneficial to everyone and helped casual players compete, yet they were deemed imbalanced and got nerfed. Let’s bring them back yea? They helped the floor did they not?
    Edited by StaticWave on May 15, 2024 5:50PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

Options
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭✭

The changes are importantly to make mag sorcs viable without being over powered in most situations.

2) Going by your logic, let’s revert mDW nerf and revert proc set nerfs. They helped raise the floor and benefited everyone.

Many people play solo (probably more than play total in PvP). For example in challenging content like IA where there aren’t healers.

Also, the mDW was decried by tons of people for a long time. Not many folks are complaining about Hardened Ward on the forums other than those extremely active posters in this thread.
    Edited by RomanRex on May 15, 2024 5:50PM
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Many people play solo (probably more than play total in PvP). For example in challenging content like IA where there aren’t healers.

Also, the mDW was decried by tons of people for a long time. Not many folks are complaining about Hardened Ward on the forums other than those extremely active posters in this thread.

1) There is Crit Surge for a reason. I don’t even use Vigor on my Sorc when doing solo PvE content because Surge procs every second for 3-6k. Add a 16k-20k Ward and you don’t die. Besides, how is a heal under Ward going to help if you get one-shotted from not casting shield before a boss mechanic? Cmon man lol

2) But mDW never got any attention until they nerfed all the previous over-performing proc sets though? I’ve used mDW for 2 yrs during the proc meta where they had flat stats and rarely saw any complaints about mDW, and I was pretty active on the forums then. You only started seeing mDW threads after most procs got yeeted to oblivion.

Besides, there are many people complaining about Ward in game, just as there were many ppl complaining about mDW in game. You’re using a small sample of the feedback to argue that the majority is not against Ward, which is not true at all.
    Edited by StaticWave on May 15, 2024 5:56PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    stalemating fights,
    It isn’t
    a7yYomG.jpg
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And let’s be real, it doesn’t matter how much the players cry for buffs or nerfs.

It took more than a year to finally see mDW nerf. It took more than a year of constant request for necro buffs and ZOS yeeted the class to the trash can. There are still no nerfs to Maarselok or Vate Ice staff btw.

You and I can argue for eternity but at the end of the day ZOS is who decides what and when things get buffed or nerfed. It has nothing to do with how much people cry. It’s whether they want to or not.

So when you use that as an argument, it doesn’t hold a lot of weight. You see what i’m getting at? An argument demonstrating why something is over-performing holds more weight than simply saying “the majority says so” lol.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭✭
    stalemating fights,
    It isn’t
    a7yYomG.jpg

that screen grab means zero. is battle spirit active? what sets or buffs are active? what did you sacrifice to get it min/maxed like that? just showing that proves nothing.
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    stalemating fights,
    It isn’t
    a7yYomG.jpg

that screen grab means zero. is battle spirit active? what sets or buffs are active? what did you sacrifice to get it min/maxed like that? just showing that proves nothing.

That was with battle spirit active, and it was @Jsmalls ‘s screenshot.

You can get that tooltip with battle spirit by stacking 60k max mag, still with decent recoveries. Or you could drop to 50k max mag with a 13.5k shield, and have 6k+ spell dmg 🤣
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭✭
    stalemating fights,
    It isn’t
    a7yYomG.jpg

You can get that tooltip with battle spirit by stacking 60k max mag, still with decent recoveries. Or you could drop to 50k max mag with a 13.5k shield, and have 6k+ spell dmg 🤣

that proves my point. no one min/maxes to 60k mag because it’s impractical for almost all situations. your arguments are in a vacuum of hypothetical problems.
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    stalemating fights,
    It isn’t
    a7yYomG.jpg

that proves my point. no one min/maxes to 60k mag because it’s impractical for almost all situations. your arguments are in a vacuum of hypothetical problems.

You don’t need to min max to have 50k+ mag…
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it's in Cyro, no buffs except DDF, this was explained in an earlier post along with a screenshot of the entire build. I sacrificed very little because stacking 62k max mag gives me damage, survival, and sustain all in one. I could even drop some max mag for more utility or damage and still have a totally balanced 15k shield + 10k heal. What anything is a 25k TT?

My uninvested 30k hp stamsorc DD has an 8k shield + 5k heal and it's still op just having a spammable effective 13k heal that can also be preloaded, it's stronger than single use short duration Impervious on my Arc.
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    stalemating fights,
    It isn’t
    a7yYomG.jpg

I can put on Crafty/Wretched and have 54k+ mag with 2k stam/mag recovery, and still have 30k HP with 5k spell dmg lol.

Or I can throw on Rally/Wretched and have 55k+ mag with 3k crit resist and similar recoveries.

You should spend a lil more time theory crafting. It’ll help you in the long run 🤣
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭✭
    stalemating fights,
    It isn’t
    a7yYomG.jpg

no, but you have to sacrifice in other ways which again proves my point. 50k mag isn’t a common build for a reason.
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    stalemating fights,
    It isn’t
    a7yYomG.jpg

no, but you have to sacrifice in other ways which again proves my point. 50k mag isn’t a common build for a reason.

50k mag is literally easy to get on sorc this patch. Please tell me what you run I am very curious lol
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭✭
    stalemating fights,
    It isn’t
    a7yYomG.jpg

50k mag is literally easy to get on sorc this patch. Please tell me what you run I am very curious lol

no it isn’t without making other changes that give you associated disadvantages.
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How is it these guys know shield scaling by heart but can't survive without a burst heal?

I couldn't tell you a single tooltip for any of my actual builds without looking it up. CMX better.
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    stalemating fights,
    It isn’t
    a7yYomG.jpg

no it isn’t without making other changes that give you associated disadvantages.

Please elaborate with an example
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭✭
    stalemating fights,
    It isn’t
    a7yYomG.jpg

giving up your CP passives, giving up other armor passives, giving up armor piece benefits, giving up your boon, etc.
    Edited by RomanRex on May 15, 2024 6:29PM
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    stalemating fights,
    It isn’t
    a7yYomG.jpg

giving up your CP passives, giving up other armor passives, giving up armor piece benefits, giving up your boon, etc.

So what is your ideal stats?
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How is it these guys know shield scaling by heart but can't survive without a burst heal?

I couldn't tell you a single tooltip for any of my actual builds without looking it up. CMX better.

@xylena_lazarow prolly cause they dont theorycraft as often lol
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @xylena_lazarow prolly cause they dont theorycraft as often lol
    I just need to know: am I a Real Sorc if I run lightning staff on my stamsorc? What about if I run melee magsorc?
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a standard magsorc build in NO CP:

c5vktn1ps6x4.png
    39332chd50rz.png

Here's my max mag and max stam with 10% mag/stam passive:

bph49ey0dowc.png
    ie8t6g4c8qos.png

Almost 50k mag with 3.7k crit resist, 4.9k spell dmg, 1.7k mag regen and 1.6k stam regen, with 29k HP

Here's a build with higher max mag that's still in No CP:

jc9fh9yz06et.png

0h4t2tc4i1pc.png

Still think that's sacrificing too much? Lemme throw on 5 medium for best armor passives:

4kdru5z0hnrt.png
    14va6w4qex2a.png

How about 5 heavy for maximum mitigation?

u4ex9i5c5ubb.png

27k resist front bar with 49.6k mag lol

Too slow? Let's slot Hurricane and drop Chudan for something else!

raogu69s9dxt.png

You're always going to sacrifice something to make a balanced build, but Sorc is getting it super easy with that Ward buff allowing you to slot Bound Aegis and 10% max mag passive lol
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or how about a proc build? Let's use mDW/Vate/Maarselok with max mag stacking:

yt1zp5iutkcm.png
    x8pby52a75qh.png
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/b]

What if the .001% is right? Does this imaginary majority of ardent ward supporters manifest somewhere or are you just assuming that because people can't be bothered to argue over something that is so obviously out of tune?

How is power creep benefiting everyone? The squeaky wheel will just keep turning until the next thing gets blessed by the "the balance is the content" - marketing gods. If you buff noobs and veterans proportionally you achieved nothing. If you buff one class over all others you hurt the majority, you don't benefit everyone.
    I'd like to believe that we understand ZOS' balancing logic reasonably well by now and we know to weigh tooltip scaling, bar space, passive triggers, uptimes, secondary effects and their respective availability, synergies, resource costs and "fun" (for user AND opponent) against each other. The evidence is indicating that the recent tweaks to Sorc have missed their mark and that was already foreseeable on the previous PTS. I don't think anyone in this thread has asked a single time to banish Sorc to the shadow realm. The request is solely to dial back a bit of the power Ward offers right now. Why all this theatre instead of arguing plainly against the evidence?

I get that in the end there is more than one solution to a situation like that. Even informed players can value different things and are willing to allocate resources in the power budget differently. But to even insinuate that certain aspects of PvP, like dueling, are not deserving of reasonable balance between classes, because you enjoy being on top or you simply don't engage with this aspect, is a very poor contribution to the discussion.
    Edited by Vaqual on May 16, 2024 9:32AM
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vaqual wrote: »
    [/b]

What if the .001% is right? Does this imaginary majority of ardent ward supporters manifest somewhere or are you just assuming that because people can't be bothered to argue over something that is so obviously out of tune?

How is power creep benefiting everyone? The squeaky wheel will just keep turning until the next thing gets blessed by the "the balance is the content" - marketing gods. If you buff noobs and veterans proportionally you achieved nothing. If you buff one class over all others you hurt the majority, you don't benefit everyone.
    I like to believe that we understand ZOS' balancing logic reasonably well by now and we know to weigh tooltip scaling, bar space, passive triggers, uptimes, secondary effects and their respective availability, synergies, resource costs and "fun" (for user AND opponent) against each other. The evidence is indicating that the recent tweaks to Sorc have missed their mark and that was already foreseeable on the previous PTS. I don't think anyone in this thread has asked a single time to banish Sorc to the shadow realm. The request is solely to dial back a bit of the power Ward offers right now. Why all this theater instead of arguing plainly against the evidence?

I get that in the end there is more than one solution to a situation like that. Even informed players can value different things and are willing to allocate resources in the power budget differently. But to even insinuate that certain aspects of PvP, like dueling, are not deserving of reasonable balance between classes, because you enjoy being on top or you simply don't engage with this aspect, is a very poor contribution to the discussion.

He doesn't want to accept it because he's not part of the 0.001% that actually cares about balance. You can see it through his statements dismissing other people's test results and always bringing up how "it benefits more people". The Ward change benefits him and he's trying to defend it with everything. He even brought PvE into the equation too, which is laughable because anybody with some PvE time knows Crit Surge + previous Ward was enough to get ppl through solo content, and the harder group contents are usually done with healers in the group.

He even says "you have to give up things to play a 50k magsorc", which again shows how clueless he is about U41 magsorc. The fact that Ward change is so strong it allows magsorcs to drop Vigor for Bound Aegis and get a total of 31% magicka modifier, the highest of any class in the game, makes his point invalid. Builds like these are entirely possible:

n0hk8q2d7bdt.png
    jev0a9uk3x6c.png
    dn826965kn0n.png

fxdyxgmpzk94.png
    fonztxgkwtl4.png

Imagine saying "you have to give up things to play a 50k magsorc", when any competent player can just hop on the Editor and see that the things you give up are negligible compared to the benefits you gain. How is it possible that a Chudan/Clever Alc/Rallying Cry build can get almost 49k max mag with 6.6k weapon dmg, decent recoveries, 29k resist back bar and 3.1k crit resist? All possible because Ward allows you to stack that extra 8% max mag lol.

The 0.001% are those who will push the limits of the class and make it OP. The casual players couldn't give 2 craps if Ward got buffed or nerfed. Heck, they probably don't even read the patch notes lol. A PvE friend of mine who sometimes do PvP just asked me why Ward is so strong now. It's been a month into the patch. She doesn't even read the notes and just enjoys the game when she logs on.

Using the argument "casual players can benefit too" is disingenuous and only aims to mask their true intention, which is to prevent any balance changes to this ability so they can enjoy for once that they aren't dying due to their lack of skill. Ward is carrying these magsorcs big time and they know it.
    Edited by StaticWave on May 16, 2024 3:07AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rallying Cry is a carry set though.

A 13k ward and 4k heal with and without Rallying cry are two very different wards.

I don't even think a 13k ward + 4k heal (~50k magicka with bastion) is even completely out of line (without rallying cry).

It's on the upper end of crit heals but once again the majority of it is a damage shield that has different interactions.

But 60k magicka for a 16.5k ward and 7k heal. Yeah that's Overtuned.
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    Rallying Cry is a carry set though.

A 13k ward and 4k heal with and without Rallying cry are two very different wards.

I don't even think a 13k ward + 4k heal (~50k magicka with bastion) is even completely out of line (without rallying cry).

It's on the upper end of crit heals but once again the majority of it is a damage shield that has different interactions.

But 60k magicka for a 16.5k ward and 7k heal. Yeah that's Overtuned.

But that's the thing, Rallying Cry is used on almost every other non-shield class. Without Rallying Cry they will explode from a decent burst combo.

Then you have magsorcs running around in Crafty/Wretched with 14k Ward and can survive just fine lol. I'm not saying those classes can't do the same, but it's much harder without the extra "HP buffer" on top.

With Rallying Cry, Sorc can still get 45k+ max mag and now have their shields be harder to remove as well.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And for reference, this is my stamsorc using Balorgh/Clever/Rallying Cry, basically in the same build but specced for weapon damage and max stam:

hfx3sj3j687x.png

7.4k weapon damage before balorgh, and 11774 effective power.

Here's the magsorc build in Chudan/Clever/Rallying Cry:

j7im9wiravej.png

12037 effective power

I will have a higher effective weapon power on my stamsorc with Balorgh proc, but I'm A LOT squishier, even with a burst heal. The magsorc build has a higher base effective weapon power than me, while being A LOT tankier lol. Heck, I can even drop Chudan for Balorgh too:

zys9s4mpd3r6.png

Now I have a higher base effective power at 12066, and I will definitely have higher effective power with Balorgh procced, while having the same burst, same mobility, but wayyy more survivability with Ward.

How is this even fair? All it does is forces me to spec towards max mag if I want to be competitive.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rallying Cry is a carry set though... A 13k ward and 4k heal with and without Rallying cry are two very different wards... But 60k magicka for a 16.5k ward and 7k heal. Yeah that's Overtuned.
    You know, I agree about Rallying Cry, one of the dumbest stat sets they've ever released. You must have missed that the build I posted earlier was running back bar Rallying Cry with its 16k ward + 11k heal.
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rallying Cry is a carry set though... A 13k ward and 4k heal with and without Rallying cry are two very different wards... But 60k magicka for a 16.5k ward and 7k heal. Yeah that's Overtuned.
    You know, I agree about Rallying Cry, one of the dumbest stat sets they've ever released. You must have missed that the build I posted earlier was running back bar Rallying Cry with its 16k ward + 11k heal.

Yeah crit heal, but running rallying cry and crafty you have to get your recovery from somewhere so you'll lose stats (torc of tonal instead of death dealer, or weapon damage by using recovery jewelry) and back bar rally proc with front bar ward has a low uptime (assuming this is crafty front bar rally back bar otherwise you'd be losing stats to not running 5 1 1.
    Options