Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gold Road: are you buying it?

• BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discounted Price (33%, 50%, 67%, 80% off)
    After High Isle's joke of a story (legitimately only ONE person it could be, ZERO mystery) and Necrom's completely forgettable story, I just don't see the point in paying full price for the content.

The psuedo-spellcrafting could become PVP mandatory, but that remains to be seen. Even then, as a consumer I can only tell them what I think with my wallet. Staying closed for now.
    PC-NA
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre-Purchasing (before June 2024)
    Pre-purchased today.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely, I'm incredibly hyped for Gold Road. But I pre-purchase the deluxe expansion of whatever comes out as a yearly present to myself anyway. It's been a tradition I've kept up for the last 5 years. I don't often buy myself things, but ESO expansions are one thing I truly enjoy, and I like all the bells and whistles that come with the pre-order versions.

Exactly this. If I'm not pre-ordering, I've probably quit the game. :lol:
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    I will probably buy it a week or so before release. Not going to purchase to early as I am currently diverting all of my discretionary funds, and most of my income to other things.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be sticking to grabbing mine through my go to key site
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Probably at some point. Undecided as when.
  • Zenirith
    Zenirith
    Soul Shriven
    After a burn out I decided to go back questing and nothing more, but...it's boring. While these are great quests, they are too easy. Even scribing doesn't make me happy because if I think about overland content, I don't find any use in it since the enemies die easily. I think I'll take a break from ESO. I will buy the expansion later.
    Edited by Zenirith on May 9, 2024 10:30AM
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not be buying it.

Because I already did. :o
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I‘m old and forgetful so I don‘t remember if I already replied, but… I always preorder, and I did so this time as well. The more Imperial areas are covered, the better.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    I am a returning playing, so I have a few other chapters to get caught up on. Once I complete the main story in those, I'll buy this chapter. I am waiting for release to see.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • ForMalacath
    ForMalacath
    ✭✭✭
    Preordered last night on Xbox
    In Malacath we trust

XB1 EU
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will be pre-ordering this week like I do with all expansions. I like all the goodies to bad no more physical copies.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    No.

I'm tired of the rat race. Gonna finish up what I purchased and walk away. I'm too old to keep chasing a meta and the combat is hard on my hands. Going back to slower paced games for my health.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i saw the spellcrafting confirmed and preordered super collector edition.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup!
    It looks intriguing with a few neat new things to play around with, what's not to like?

TBH I had zero expectations going into the stream, so I wasn't let down when "my version" of the DLC wasn't announced.
    More and more I try to avoid setting any expectations. Plus it's completely unrealistic to expect that a creator's vision is going to match my own perfect\ideal of whatever content they create when I have had ZERO input into it's concept and creation.

But yeah, will pre-purchase :)
    Edited by Tenthirty2 on January 22, 2024 2:54PM
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Not unless they do something to improve Cyrodiil PvP.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got it day it was announced lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Won't know for sure until I've played the PTS. I played the PTS for High Isle and did not buy and I played the PTS for Necrom and did not buy until late this year when I got both and all the deluxe edition from Morrowind to now. I had already owned up to Blackwood but for a very low price I now have and the extras from the deluxe editions.

I do not feel that the last 4 chapters were up to the quality of Elsweyr and Summerset. Greymoor was ok and Blackwood really was awful.
    Edited by shadyjane62 on January 24, 2024 2:09AM
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    I always wait until it hits PTS. I'll buy it. I know I'll buy it. But I pretend I'll decide when I see it
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always pre-order the Chapters. I believe in supporting a game that brings me hundreds of hours of entertainment.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Not sure yet. Need to know more about the new Systems.
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    soelslaev wrote: »
    I want to, but my mind has this weird curse where if I do pre-purchase something like this, then I switch games or something outside of gaming captures my interest for a long while. So I'm afraid that if I do buy Gold Road then I'll disappear from ESO to go hiking the Appalachian Trail or something, and when I get back all my guilds will have kicked me out, and it'll still be 90 days away from release.

So my usual tactic is to pre-purchase but only 1 or 2 weeks before release.

Have fun on the Appalachian Trail, we’ll wave at you from the Gold Road! 😊
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    I am very excited for Scribing, but as usual I want to see what I am purchasing before buying (except for the story of course). I want to know every single minute detail on how scribing will be implemented along with any of its possible caveats before buying. From the reveal Scribing looks very promising, but past additions to the game have had some drawbacks and exceptions attached to them so they still need to earn that trust back first.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    No holding beck:
    My best guess would be that it is Undoubtedly going to be:
    1. Overhyped (as evidenced in a fair amount of the comments)
    2. Mostly Underdelivered (primarily due to "balance changes" that ultimately make other classes and all passives/abilities elsweyr more underwhelming in some previous PC/Console patch iterations due to "hybridisation" which has more holes than swiss eidar cheesewheels.)
    My point: kindly point me in the direction of a time where "Everyone" was happy all round with a particular chapter that peaked above all others in the past and think...

P.S. having a chapter span over 2 years rather than one just seems kinda off, Feels like the thieves guild are scheming up a new racketeering method...
    If you see me anywhere. Know that I am sitting back with a bag of popcorn, watching as ESO burns the goodwill of its player base with practices that only disrespects the players time like it did to me and many others...

If a game does not respect your time, best thing to do is move on from it and find something else.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    I voted too soon....
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I always pre-order the Chapters. I believe in supporting a game that brings me hundreds of hours of entertainment.

Same here. :smiley:
    Plus I like to have the pre-purchase extras, no matter what they are - I enjoy them all
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Want to pre-order if I can afford it. Last pre-order was Summerset, no regrets.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    kgkf1a3yosa8.png
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will get it but there is no reason to pre-order this early. Lots of things can happen before then and I probably won’t change my mind, but at least I won’t be locked in.

So far I have pre-ordered all chapters since Elsweyr and have not regretted it, though some chapters were better than others.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA