Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gold Road: are you buying it?

• MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    Well I didn't really like Necrom, as a zone it's hard to get around. Lot's of things to trip on, things to go around. The aesthetic is meh. I do love Sharp, and the other whiny boy is ok. The interiors in Necrom are lovely, the rest not so much. Apocrypha with it green tint and sickly yellows is visually tiring.

So I will wait.

I loved High Isle and Galen, and I am hoping more like that than Necrom...
    PS5/NA
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    There was no option for "already bought." Lets face it, I'm a sucker for ESO.
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pre-Purchasing (before June 2024)
    I pre-purchased immediately. I already know I'm going to want to play it immediately. Might as well get the extra rewards.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • silentxthreat
    silentxthreat
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    i dont know anything about it yet beyond the base things. ill wait to see what we really get on ptr and if its good they can have my money
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about the mount or pet, but I do want to go to Skingrad, and I definitely want more FENNORIAN.
    Including a Fenn house guest pretty please ZOS!
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Sadly, this is the first one I won't be.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I pre-purchased it directly after the stream just to show support in what I think these chapters should be about.

I got so tired of the 3 chapters they released from 2020-2022. Maybe it was covid, but those new game mechanics should have been quarter 4 DLC's. Digging, Companions, and Tales of Tribute to be specific.

4 years between new class releases is way too long and 8ish years since the last base game skill update with Scribing vs Psijic Order is an absolute travesty to MMO design everywhere.

Year 9/10 of the game has been solid, I hope they continue their streak into year 11 with a new class and year 12 with 2 new weapons.. among more content like Infinite Archive for the Q4 sections of the year and more Grimoire skills to expand upon Scribing into the future.

Also.. 5 years since a PVP update, late, but it's finally happening, year 10 is looking chef's kiss.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 27, 2024 12:05AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    1ghjkmd2wkgi.png
    PC-NA
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Im gonna buy it because of the new Scribing system but im not in a hurry, it releases in June so why buy it now.

Same with other games why would i buy it 6 months before release.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    I haven't decided yet. The last few chapters have not really done enough to keep me engaged. A few of which I just didn't have the interest to even finish the story. I want to feel like I'm being immersed in the game and some of the characters and the stories take me out of it. I fear that this chapter is just going to be more of the same in that regard and because of that I'm not sure if I want to spend the money on it let a lone pre-order it. Im also well over the grind that comes with these new chapters. After a decade of this I just want to chill out, play the game and feel like i got to experience a good fantasy style story with in a franchise i love. Im just not getting that from ESO anymore. Too many eccentric characters that feel way too modern and cookie cutter stories where its not things unfolding as a story should so much as you going on drawn out fetch quests.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Only if ZOS invests in Cyodiil and PvP improves.
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Discounted Price (33%, 50%, 67%, 80% off)
    My associate and I do dungeons, and the Infinitely Endless Archive, all nice fun, but for me only if ZOS invests more in housing, in particular more slots. Yes, I know, the housing thingy comes later. The time of day control they did was very nice and appreciated. But I need slots.

If I like the autumn style part of it enough or some other aspect I could buy sooner than 50% off.
  • YffresTrill
    YffresTrill
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will purchase on the grey market late into the year, once the zone clears out a bit. No interest in pre-order "reward" nonsense.
    @ Yffre'sTrill - PC/EU (No Steam)
    -
    Naering (Bosmer WW Archer - Valenwood separatist, Hircine-agnostic, honoured affiliate of the Gang of Scroungers.)
    Alts: Kunali, Free-as-Wind, Gurzog gro-Kosh, Seldril, Hatiba, Kareemal, Gilfirion, Elorwe, Ludvikke, Tsetha-Vos, Loulou Villeau, Nilvani, Horvund, Maritia, and Treads-the-Aurbis.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    I honestly am not sure. I am not excited about another Imperial zone, Scribing seems interesting but without testing I have absolutely no idea how it’ll be. Also, if they go another year without touching/buffing Necromancer I probably won’t be playing that much anyway.

It will be pay to win like how it was at all ZoS's expansion relases. The only way it wont be OP will be an OP mythic release. If ZoS nerf current BiS myths (like harpooner's) then it will be a good sigh of new OP mythic.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting the Deluxe Edition pre-purchase after my next paycheck. I just got back after maybe 3 years? It will give me the previous expansions with all the deluxe goodies. That sounds like a good deal, even if I would only get the Necrom expansion in June. I can wait.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    First I will complete the remaining chapters than start a new one no matter what, as have only completed Summerset & Elsweyr and still need Gallen storyline to complete the High Isle.

While haven't touched yet Necrom, West Skyrim, Blackwood, Morrowind storylines, even if having the chapters like Morrowind from the day they were released!
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    I want to see what we are getting first before buying. I have multiple accounts that would need the upgrade so if what we get is worth it I will upgrade but I won't know that until we can test it out on the PTS.
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gold Road release day. Created by Mid journey

qw0xl5tbmvs1.png
    PC-NA
  • Major_Soulless
    Major_Soulless
    ✭✭✭
    With them killing my class (Templar) there’s no way on earth I’m paying full price for gold road.

I may pick it up discounted
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    No real interest in it, honestly. Necrom didn't do it for me either. Will just wait to get it when it's really marked down, like i did with necrom.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's highly unlikely I will pre-order anything ever again. I used to pre-order on announcement, but too many real disappointments have wrecked that for me now. Housing - I was so excited, spent weeks exploring, looking for potential housing places. Then they introduced it, and crafting furniture ended up costing more than buying a house, because you needed special materials not everyday ones. And the special materials hardly dropped, it took me over a year to get the gathering achievements and I gather a lot. I buy houses - but most lie unfurnished and unloved and are really just springboards to get around the map.

Companions - I was really excited about those. I loved my heroes in Guild Wars and took a lot of trouble to gear them up and work out good builds for them. And instead we got talking pets that don't do much at all. It was the last straw for me and I haven't pre-ordered since. I get them to be houseguests. I like houseguests.

Jewellery was supposed to be nice, but once again RNG > common sense and playability. Expensive materials demanding endless grind. Pfft.

Likewise the antiquities. Getting the leads was impossible. People complained about the grind getting the pale order lead from Bad Man's Hallow when they spent two hours on it. I spent three weeks in there, almost every playing minute, taking every character I have through the quest. This is not fun. By the time I got it the ring was nerfed anyway.

Tales of Tribute - I only learned to play in August 2023, got to rank 3. Tried the random dailies and got expert players matched against me every time. Not interested enough to take constant abuse like that, and haven't found anyone on my level to have fun with.

I will probably get the game, but not pay full price for it, as I have no idea how much of it I will actually play. There is a lot to like in Elder Scrolls, it's just that I like the parts that most forum users seem to want to ignore.
    Edited by cyberjanet on January 30, 2024 5:38PM
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never pre order again from them. We are at the point we are making up lore with, what feels like, a person asking GPT for a new Skyrim theme. it is the only thing that makes sense of the new 'lore'.

The other initial changes on PTS.....

We were ASSURED 'No major combat changes' again... I am not sure how they quantify that, but it is sure not how I do it.

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 10, 2024 3:37PM
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    With them killing my class (Templar) there’s no way on earth I’m paying full price for gold road.

I may pick it up discounted

How Templar was killed? It was nothing about the class on the patch notes.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    I am glad I have not pre-ordered it yet.

I saw the patch changes to class balance, bufffing S tier PVP classes, nerfing classes that are not performing as well in pvp. The new armor set that is designed to directly demolish oakensoul users.

The excitment I had has been quickly diminished. There is little to no reason to take what is already frustrating in game and making that scenario WORSE.... Looks like I'll be waiting till october when it goes on sale, if I buy it at all.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed High elves have computers and will be playing Gold Road on release

d9l7mlwh8gbk.png

created by mid journey
    PC-NA
  • JustLovely
    JustLovely
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the 'No' option? A question asked like this has a yes or no answer, so the poll should include all possible responses.
  • JustLovely
    JustLovely
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pklemming wrote: »
    I will never pre order again from them. We are at the point we are making up lore with, what feels like, a person asking GPT for a new Skyrim theme. it is the only thing that makes sense of the new 'lore'.

The other initial changes on PTS.....

We were ASSURED 'No major combat changes' again... I am not sure how they quantify that, but it is sure not how I do it.

[snip]

I learned my lesson pre-ordering Necrom. Won't make that mistake again.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 10, 2024 3:38PM
  • D4rk
    D4rk
    Sure, why not.
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Will either take another break unsubscribed that ends up really being me quitting, or pvp is finally fun again that I’ll stat playing regularly again. I am going to wait and watch before I decide.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still undecided, but currently leaning towards pre-ordering the normal version from a reputable site that's selling it a bit cheaper.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"