Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gold Road: are you buying it?

• Qagh
    Qagh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Maybe. I'm only not hyped at the moment.
    CP 2400+ - PC/EU - PvP: Gray Host
    Qagh - StamDK - Khajiit - DC - Grand Overlord (AR 50)
    Qagho - MagSorc - Khajiit - DC
    Qaghi - Stamblade - Khajiit - DC - Grand Overlord (AR 50)
    Pelzgesicht - Magcro - Khajiit - DC
    Qaghoo - Magplar - Khajiit - DC
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    I will try it and see if I like it. It is almost certain that it gets bought eventually, but waiting for a discount may be appropriate if the content is not compelling.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discounted Price (33%, 50%, 67%, 80% off)
    most likely on first discount, maybe even before.

Since more than a year, I just log in for some endeavours and event, and found Necrom to be the worst chapter ever, so got it very late.

But I loved Skingrad in Oblivion, and the whole new chapter with 3 different regions looks simply gorgeous.
    Even if the U35 nerf mess will not be fixed, I will enjoy simply exploring the new chapter. No more hardcore gaming as before (worldboss farming), just relaxed enjoyment of ESO lore.

For "hardcore" I prefer more rewarding games.
  • WithMyLaserGun
    WithMyLaserGun
    ✭✭✭
    Discounted Price (33%, 50%, 67%, 80% off)
    Idk I am getting tired of the half-assed writing and constant end-of-the-world stories, just doesn't have any impact any more. They promised no end-of-the-world with High Isle and then wrote a really bland story and ended it with a DLC that was more end-of-the-world stuff. Meh.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    I’ll buy it if the scribing feature looks fun enough
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    I would have already bought it if Necrom wasn't still at full price.

The deluxe Gold Road upgrade should have come with basic Necrom for a pre-purchase bonus.

Now it looks like I'll wait until September - October time frame and buy the full game at discount.

Not to mention I'll only have to buy a 3 month ESO+ sub instead of a full year if I wait.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• PrimeSeptim
    PrimeSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Nah, didn't buy Necrom and won't buy this. Too busy with other games. Plus, Daedra... Again? Bro.

ZzZ
  • Dax_Draconis
    Dax_Draconis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    I need to wait and see what changes they make to my preferred playstyle of DW/bow. If there are premade builds for that combo upon release, then I will be tempted to buy it. If not, then I will be waiting until there are.
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pre-Purchasing (before June 2024)
    "Congratulations Adventurer! Your purchase of The Elder Scrolls® Online Gold Road™ Deluxe Upgrade is complete."

Shame it can be done only once per account.
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like shiny things
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • soelslaev
    soelslaev
    ✭✭
    I want to, but my mind has this weird curse where if I do pre-purchase something like this, then I switch games or something outside of gaming captures my interest for a long while. So I'm afraid that if I do buy Gold Road then I'll disappear from ESO to go hiking the Appalachian Trail or something, and when I get back all my guilds will have kicked me out, and it'll still be 90 days away from release.

So my usual tactic is to pre-purchase but only 1 or 2 weeks before release.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    I just started playing a little bit over the past month after quitting after U35. I hadn't played, or spent any money, on ESO since....and I'm not sure if I will. The huge damage nerf really put me off...although that's old news. My concern is this expansion, like the others, will be more of the same cycle....new equipment works great...then nerfed yet again. Maybe I'll get it much later on a sale.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too early to say, I don’t usually preorder any more because the Chapters come out when the weather is nice and I’d rather do outdoor things. 🙃 So I normally buy it at a discount. But I’m hoping for the year 10 anniversary they are going to pull out sufficient stops that I want to preorder it. So I’m in wait-and-see mode right now.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Preordered Deluxe Upgrade already
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't decided yet. It sounds interesting, but I'm not sure it's worth £34 for me so I want to find out more about it (especially the scribing - that could be fun or it could be something I'll never use) and see if I can find it cheaper from a reputable seller.

I'm sure I'll get it at some point (I've got all the previous chapters), but I don't know if I'm going to pre-order it or wait until I can find it on sale somewhere.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Although I started playing Elder Scrolls with Morrowind, TES IV: Oblivion was the game that really hook me up to TES, so any imperial zone will pick my interest.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is just no way in the world that this won't be fun.
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played ESO on and off for years and I pre-ordered a couple of chapters and got some on discount.

In 2022 I made up my mind to basically only play ESO every day, and since I loved High Isle I decided to buy the "Super Giganormous Collection" that contains every year's Deluxe Collectors Edition when it was at maximum discount.

Since then, I've decided to stick with always getting the Deluxe Pre-order, no matter what.
    Honestly, at the moment Gold Road hypes me more than Necrom, so I expect to be happier this year than last.
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
    B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accessing it with ESO+ (after Q2 2025)
    im not buying anything new until they improve the performance of pvp
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sure, I'll probably pre-purchase it in the next couple months.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reazea wrote: »
    oops, I already posted in this thread.

Not to worry! It can be hard to keep track for sure.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's never been a case as to if I will buy it. It's always been how many and when.
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am loyal to a fault, I will never leave ESO.
    Context is for kings -Captain Gabriel Lorca
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did some major thinking and even though I am extremely disappointed with what has been shown for entire 2024 and Gold Road, I am going to preorder Gold Road. As ESO is still a great game and I still plan to play for years to come.

But I am really really really hoping ZOS has a few more major announcements for this year. I am hoping ZOS will still wow us with something major, they have to. As this is not how the tenth anniversary year should feel to me.

So despite my major disappointment, I am going to preorder Gold Road.

PS: Biased poll, there is no "no" option.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already bought it. I still haven't finished playing through High Isle and beyond, but I always prepurchase chapters and get the other DLCs as soon as they're available.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭✭
    gotta be the first group to get the trifectas :D
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always pre-order every DLC!
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    I didn't see any mention of improving Cyrodiil PvP in the global reveal for 2024. So ZOS not going to see any $ from me in 2024.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    I buy some at launch, wait for others on a deep sale. It depends what they add.

Necrom for example I waited for a deep sale, because I wasn't interested in the Arcanist, wasn't interested in Aprocrypha, and am enough of a lore nerd that them calling Indoril lands the Telvanni Peninsula AND making it look identical to Azura's Coast just had me raging internally to the point I was embarrassed by myself :tongue: It's weird how ZOS bounces between deeply respecting the lore in ways I never expect even BGS to adhere to (Elsweyr Chapter for example), to shafting the lore entirely like Necrom and Summerset.

But Scribing is the kind of feature that I'm excited by because it will benefit all my characters and open up a lot of new build options. So, I will wait to see how the new skills look in the PTS, and decide then whether to buy at launch or wait for a sale.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    I was going to...but I bought Enshrouded for 30 bucks instead and its giving me a much greater RPG experience than ESO delivers. I highly doubt I will be buying any future ESO expansion/DLC going forward.
    Edited by Pixiepumpkin on April 10, 2024 9:00PM
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA