Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gold Road: are you buying it?

• Wolfshade
    Wolfshade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre-Purchasing (before June 2024)
    Pre-Purchased

It`s getting better and better and it`s much fun. Last Chapter i need a couple of month until buying it, and it was worth so this year i dont have bad feelings about it.

• Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yup! Already preordered!
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep my wife already pre purchased the Deluxe edition I will do the same next week.

I am excited
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Originally didn't intend to purchase this chapter at all due to lack of meaningful overland difficulty.

Spellscribing, the beautiful view and the upcoming Q4 PvP-content (not part of the purchase, I know. But definitely the right direction development-wise.) convinced me otherwise.

Already purchased while watching the stream.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    In the second stage of grief, I really wanted a furnishing bag. But time will tell. Waiting to see what others have to say about the value now that my main goal is not included.
    PS5/NA
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the second stage of grief, I really wanted a furnishing bag. But time will tell. Waiting to see what others have to say about the value now that my main goal is not included.

They've said in the past (in a sticky post now not stickied on the Housing forum) that a furnishing bag like the crafting bag wouldn't be possible because there are so many more furnishings than craft mata. It would be nice if the Q3 "housing update" was a furnishing bag, but I'm not holding my breath.

Honestly I'd rather have an uptick in furnishing slots.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Colovia / Gold Road is my favorite part of Tamriel. Already pre-purchased Deluxe Edition.
    PC NA
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    TaSheen wrote: »

They've said in the past (in a sticky post now not stickied on the Housing forum) that a furnishing bag like the crafting bag wouldn't be possible because there are so many more furnishings than craft mata. It would be nice if the Q3 "housing update" was a furnishing bag, but I'm not holding my breath.

Honestly I'd rather have an uptick in furnishing slots.

Yeah, well at least they acknowledge that there are so many furnishing. Having to buy extra houses to store furnishing is just insane! Someone on another thread mentioned being able to deconstruct them and get most of the mats back. That would be a big help. But I haven't heard them mention that as a solution.
    PS5/NA
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do. This has the same lead as High Isle which for me is the worst release in the series. I never purchased it and ran the content via ESO+ as a pretty much one and done only going back for antiquities leads. Given that history I'm going to wait and see how things shake out on PTS before deciding which way I'm going to go.
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm able to come up with the money (currently quite short on cash), I will 100% be preordering. This chapter looks like it was made for me. Between the setting, the heavy lore of the Daedra, the Scribing system (which reminds me somewhat of the multiclassing idea that EverQuest Next was going to have) and more to come, it really is like ZOS tailor-made this one for me. It's good, too, because Greymoor was really disappointing to me and turned me off from playing ESO for quite a while until recently.

In general, thanks to the reveal today and the ESO Plus free trial, I'm more amped up to play than I have been in years and it feels so good to be back!
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    TES megafan since Morrowind
    [PC/NA]
  • scrosedk
    scrosedk
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    I am only interested in the set drops in Lucent Citadel. Given the lousy set designs from Sanity's Edge, I won't make my choice until i get the info on the new sets. :|
    Most people think Time is just like a river flowing in a single direction silently and unchanged, but it unveiled its totally astonishing truth to me: Time is an ocean in a raging storm...
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Undecided:
    - Am not interested in the bonuses of the pre-purchase so no point for me.
    - Am a bit tired of purchasing areas where I never return after discovery.

Therefore, I could possibly, for first time ever, wait for ESO+ release, then enjoy the discovery and see how it feels. Then, if it's the type of area I like so that I will go back to the zone regularly, I would purchase it. But who knows? Maybe once it's here, I will simply not resist and purchase.

Conclusion: a big question mark! :D
    Edited by DreamyLu on January 19, 2024 5:01AM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been quite inactive in ESO lately. I wasn't very taken with last years content.

However I watched the global reveal last night, I must say it definitely peaked my interest. For one I have always loved TES4 and Cyrodiil, so that the new zone is in Cyrodiil is a win for me! :)

Right now I do believe I will pre-order, but not entirely certain yet.
    There are some interesting aspects for sure.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn’t but I did.
    Sorry
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no question that I'll purchase and play the new Chapter. The real question is, what's next?

Considering it looks like they're planning on repeating (in my opinion) the colossal mistake of 2023 regarding the amount of content released in the second half of the year, it's likely I'll lose interest in the late 2024 of last year as I did last year. So will a 10-year subscriber finally let his sub lapse? I'm hoping not, but time will tell.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Discounted Price (33%, 50%, 67%, 80% off)
    Yes ... from grey market, just like Necrom :*

• BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    I am only getting it because it’s the 10th anniversary and I have been here since beta.

But companions are delayed (for some reason), no 3rd quarter quest zone, and after Necrom their deliberately vague words about world events does not give me comfort.

On the plus side, housing improvements (also vague though.)

I am going to wait on the pre order for now though. Do I get my normal deluxe version after my terrible Necrom experience and with so little info about Gold Road? Hmmm…
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Done, I am not a PVPers and I am generally not self less when there is conflict of interests.
    But this Q4 I am okay with it because they waited for eternity for something new.
    I loving what I saw in scribing and it is much better for me than class as I am not an alt user.
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    I'll buy it when I can play it, it's not going anywhere.
    PC EU
  • Sidonius
    Sidonius
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a pre order junkie.
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Discounted Price (33%, 50%, 67%, 80% off)
    I buy all the zone DLC. I’m even waiting from Necrom to go on sale in the crown store. Gold Road looks worth buying sooner. Unlike mainland Morrowind and Bretons, I don’t think there’s much they can get wrong with Colovia.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting on PTS/Release
    Yeah. I'll wait until I know how this "spellcrafting " is working.
    I am rather sceptical.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Since I play on XBox and PC, I have multiple answers. It is different for each account. :smile:

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wont buy it at any price unless ZOS fixes Cyrodiil issues.
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am going to preorder it at a point in time where it's budgetary convenient for me, but before july.
  • carthalis
    carthalis
    ✭✭✭
    Always buy the deluxe upgrade and bought this after the stream ended
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was going to purchase it yesterday.

Sadly the account/store froze for me and I couldn't go ahead. Traffic related maybe? We were watching the stream while we were farming a trial and there was quite a bit of buzz building up both in our group and in the discord.

Regardless, I will try again after work today.
  • RedRokaz
    RedRokaz
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, looks interesting enough and trailer was awesome.
    I started playing again after a huge break, so yes, i'm pre-ordering the best edition there is.
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was going to wait for release or my birthday in August, which is what I did with Necrom, but after watching the stream I am looking forward to this enough to pre-order this weekend.