Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official hints for the next chapter received

• w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    MrCray78 wrote: »

The head on the staff she unveils has the same motif as the tile on the fragments they sent to the influencers. (The crescent with the swirling energy)
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    w002exp wrote: »

The head on the staff she unveils has the same motif as the tile on the fragments they sent to the influencers. (The crescent with the swirling energy)

Adding pics to show what I mean:

zbs7b4ui9lvr.png

9gew49atan4a.png

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    giphy.gif
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ?

*sigh* Lost me. I guess I'll figure it out eventually.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If that is indeed Skingrad in the trailer snippet, I hope the chapter is named Colovia and not West Weald which simply annoys me for some reason. I played Oblivion many years ago and completed it; but I don't remember much about the region apart from something related to vampirism. I'm expecting a mix of locales from that game making another appearance along with some new locations, especially if the zone extends further west to the ocean.

I have abandoned all hope for spellcrafting in this game so I have no idea what might be the big new thing included with the chapter. I don't think we're getting a new class because we received one last year. Still, a new class would allow them to add a new pair of companions, something they are unlikely to do with only one class remaining to devote to a companion. A new weapon seems unlikely as well based on the expansive retrofitting needed.

I would love to see them give us the ability to grow and harvest alchemy plants in our homes even though the howls from players about it wrecking the game's economy would be deafening. Short of that or spellcrafting, it will take a lot to impress me and make me excited for the new chapter.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9gew49atan4a.png

I'm wondering what this is, style-wise. At first glimpse, it reminds of the strange "Art Deco" Dwemer style from Markarth, but I'm relatively sure the Dwemer will play no role here, as there are no Dwemer ruins in the whole area. So, what is its origin? Aedric? Daedric? Man-made? Upper part reminds of a crescent moon or a lyre (why is the Skingrad crest crescent moons, by the way?). Is the pattern on the "moon" vines, roots, tentacles?

Edited by Syldras on January 17, 2024 12:48AM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3sq0wt4v29lz.png

It's going to be chaotic! More than usual, at least.
    LonePirate wrote: »
    If that is indeed Skingrad in the trailer snippet, I hope the chapter is named Colovia and not West Weald which simply annoys me for some reason.

I guess they'll just call it "Skingrad".
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I have abandoned all hope for spellcrafting in this game so I have no idea what might be the big new thing included with the chapter. I don't think we're getting a new class because we received one last year. Still, a new class would allow them to add a new pair of companions, something they are unlikely to do with only one class remaining to devote to a companion. A new weapon seems unlikely as well based on the expansive retrofitting needed.

As their first announcement always gave some kind of hint during the last few years, I supposed it's something we'll be able to craft - and not a brandnew ages old traditional dice game ;)
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought I'd take a few screenshots that people might enjoy examining. Sorry for image quality, a lot of motion blur in these trailers unfortunately.

Since we're discussing the origins of the staff in the video, I thought we might glean some clue as to where it comes from if we examine the glowing symbols along the length of it's handle. They flare a bluish "Ayleid" color when the staff is activated. The symbols look familiar to me, yet I can't quite put my finger on where we've seen them before.

Our scary friend here, ready for his close up:
    FPj6MAj.jpg

Another screenshot, this time of the city/ruin? that the camera sweeps over while the heroes stand above. This doesn't look like the same area shown in the beginning. Any clues as to what this could be? There seems to be a distinct circular structure in the middle. Again, there's a ton of motion blur in the video so I couldn't get anything clearer.

HtKGPaC.jpg

And this one of the main city shown at the beginning, both because its gorgeous, and so that we can pick it apart for clues, lol:

6DHa0oQ.jpg
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this new content doesn't require us to create new characters to fully use it, like the last one did.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • MrCray78
    MrCray78
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think in the New chapter we can spellcraft or customised existing skills 🥳🥳🥳
    PC EU PvE CP1800+(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78
    Already finished all content in Infinite Archive 🥲
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    I hope this new content doesn't require us to create new characters to fully use it, like the last one did.

I hope we do - the best thing for me is getting to make new characters in new classes.

Each to her own....

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we're discussing the origins of the staff in the video, I thought we might glean some clue as to where it comes from if we examine the glowing symbols along the length of it's handle. They flare a bluish "Ayleid" color when the staff is activated. The symbols look familiar to me, yet I can't quite put my finger on where we've seen them before.

That's not the staff - not the one I meant at least. The Daedra (is it okay to mention his name or would that be a spoiler? I might just call him Rumpelstiltskin instead)... So, yeah, Rumpelstiltskin seems to carry some flaming Daedric staff. Upper part with all those spikes looks very Daedric to me.

But the one I meant was the staff the "heroes" are carrying. At first, I wasn't sure if it could be Ayleid, because it looked quite bulky to me, but then, it doesn't look too far off if I look at the columns of the Ayleid ruin in the video. Of course, also the golden glow is interesting. Might be something related to Meridia who was worshipped by Ayleids?

Or maybe it's totally different and they're going to throw a bit CWC/Sotha Sil/Coldharbour Compact in. Style looks a bit Dwemer-ish, to be honest, but there are no Dwemer ruins in Colovia. Sil would be someone who might have special knowledge about the nature of Daedra, though - having made arragements with them and all that. So he might also know what to do with Rumpelstiltskin's mistress.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And this one of the main city shown at the beginning, both because its gorgeous, and so that we can pick it apart for clues, lol:

6DHa0oQ.jpg

Tangent, but I want that scene as a wallpaper.

Here’s an Oblivion Skingrad pic off of UESP for comparison:

OB-place-Skingrad_02.jpg

Looks like the Chapel to Julianos is still there. I wonder if it will get a quest?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • MrCray78
    MrCray78
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

That's not the staff - not the one I meant at least. The Daedra (is it okay to mention his name or would that be a spoiler? I might just call him Rumpelstiltskin instead)... So, yeah, Rumpelstiltskin seems to carry some flaming Daedric staff. Upper part with all those spikes looks very Daedric to me.

But the one I meant was the staff the "heroes" are carrying. At first, I wasn't sure if it could be Ayleid, because it looked quite bulky to me, but then, it doesn't look too far off if I look at the columns of the Ayleid ruin in the video. Of course, also the golden glow is interesting. Might be something related to Meridia who was worshipped by Ayleids?

Or maybe it's totally different and they're going to throw a bit CWC/Sotha Sil/Coldharbour Compact in. Style looks a bit Dwemer-ish, to be honest, but there are no Dwemer ruins in Colovia. Sil would be someone who might have special knowledge about the nature of Daedra, though - having made arragements with them and all that. So he might also know what to do with Rumpelstiltskin's mistress.

Stave of Chaos ? 🤔🤔🤔
    PC EU PvE CP1800+(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78
    Already finished all content in Infinite Archive 🥲
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another screenshot, this time of the city/ruin? that the camera sweeps over while the heroes stand above. This doesn't look like the same area shown in the beginning. Any clues as to what this could be? There seems to be a distinct circular structure in the middle.

Ayleid ruin. The biggest ones in the area are Miscarcand and Silorn. One has the shrine of Meridia nearby, btw:

qu9e5la5mke4.png
    And this one of the main city shown at the beginning

I'm wondering what this is supposed to be - I have no clue ;)
    Edited by Syldras on January 17, 2024 2:13AM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I could be totally wrong, but I do think it's the same staff- forgive the awful composite image, but here is a comparison between the two.

The staff Rumpelstiltskin (I got a good laugh out of that XD) is carrying seems to have the same golden "V" shape where the top of the staff meets the handle. It's obscured by the light pouring out of it, but it looks pretty similar. From what I can see of the symbols on the side of the staff the Heroes are carrying, they seem to be the same.

Again I could be wrong, but this is what I observed:

Good ole' Rumples is on the left, Heroes on the right:
    OhMP05U.jpg[img][/img]
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

6DHa0oQ.jpg

Tangent, but I want that scene as a wallpaper.

Oh, absolutely! That was my first thought. Please ZOS.... make the wallpaper happen!

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I can see of the symbols on the side of the staff the Heroes are carrying, they seem to be the same.

I'm not sure, but I think the staff of the "heroes" (I just don't like that term, it's so overused) looks rather flat while Rumpelstiltskin's staff seems to have more of a bulbous shape, like a club or mace. Also there seem to be spikes on all sides, reminding of Deadlands furniture style. It's hard to see, though.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys. I think I know what the staff has. It's not daedric. It's from another civilization.

I got these screenshots from the spellcrafting presentation back in 2014. Watch out:

rsn4j0hu1tl5.png
    bckbz8y7zf20.png
    no8p8ebs5i31.png

Mr. Nick Konkle describes it as being an ancient, forgotten civilization. They are the ones who made the runes we find in ESO (Kuta, Jejota...). It resembles ayleid but it's not exactly.

It makes all the sense because from the letter the famous people received it seemed to have ayleid influence in the new adventure. And the symbol of the ayleids in the glass!

What if these guys are actually ""servants"" to ******** (Necrom Spoilers - how do I create a spoiler tag?). I mean. What if they are their people? And they possess access to these ancient magic spells...

-On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I crazy or there is actually a crescent symbol by the bottom of the rune tablet on third image?
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bo0137 wrote: »
    Guys. I think I know what the staff has. It's not daedric. It's from another civilization.

I got these screenshots from the spellcrafting presentation back in 2014. Watch out:

rsn4j0hu1tl5.png
    bckbz8y7zf20.png
    no8p8ebs5i31.png

Mr. Nick Konkle describes it as being an ancient, forgotten civilization. They are the ones who made the runes we find in ESO (Kuta, Jejota...). It resembles ayleid but it's not exactly.

It makes all the sense because from the letter the famous people received it seemed to have ayleid influence in the new adventure. And the symbol of the ayleids in the glass!

What if these guys are actually ""servants"" to ******** (Necrom Spoilers - how do I create a spoiler tag?). I mean. What if they are their people? And they possess access to these ancient magic spells...

It would make sense.
    We already have a case where altering a God, Trinimac, changed those who worshipped him the most. So, it only makes sense that when a Daedric Prince is erased that whoever worshipped them would vanish as well.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

9gew49atan4a.png

I'm wondering what this is, style-wise. At first glimpse, it reminds of the strange "Art Deco" Dwemer style from Markarth, but I'm relatively sure the Dwemer will play no role here, as there are no Dwemer ruins in the whole area. So, what is its origin? Aedric? Daedric? Man-made? Upper part reminds of a crescent moon or a lyre (why is the Skingrad crest crescent moons, by the way?). Is the pattern on the "moon" vines, roots, tentacles?

Stave of Chaos ? 🤔🤔🤔

Another theory about the staff. From UESP (minor Fargrave backstory spoilers):
    "Before it was pillaged by the Reachmen in 2E 541, the Priory of the Golden Staff, a monastery dedicated to Magnus, held forbidden texts that described the Magna Ge's search for a tool that could unmake Nirn's flaws and thus restore it to Magnus's design . . ." Fargrave's questline suggests one interpretation of the tool; there could be others.

The green jewel on the staff sorta looks like an open eye, kinda similar to the Magrus symbol on the Cat's Eye Prism.
    9gew49atan4a.png
    ON-furnishing-Cat%27s_Eye_Prism.jpg

PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    We already have a case where altering a God, Trinimac, changed those who worshipped him the most. So, it only makes sense that when a Daedric Prince is erased that whoever worshipped them would vanish as well.

So if Ithelia returns, so does her runes/magic-crafting, followers, etc. 🤔
    Hmmmmm... Well played, Zenimax. (if this pans out to be true)
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nihilr wrote: »
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

So if Ithelia returns, so does her runes/magic-crafting, followers, etc. 🤔
    Hmmmmm... Well played, Zenimax. (if this pans out to be true)

Yeah and it makes sense that Ayleids are involved in a way because one Daedric Prince they worshipped was Hermaeus Mora, so if He asked them to do something, the Ayleids probably would.
  • sarahvhoffb14_ESO
    sarahvhoffb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Both the video and the graphic from the shards seem to point to there being two staves it seems to me
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bo0137 wrote: »

@Bo0137 use these:
    [spoiler][/spoiler]

They’re under the paragraph symbol (between the list and the smiley icon) if you don’t want to be bothered to type it out.
    Another theory about the staff. From UESP (minor Fargrave backstory spoilers):
    "Before it was pillaged by the Reachmen in 2E 541, the Priory of the Golden Staff, a monastery dedicated to Magnus, held forbidden texts that described the Magna Ge's search for a tool that could unmake Nirn's flaws and thus restore it to Magnus's design . . ." Fargrave's questline suggests one interpretation of the tool; there could be others.

Issue I see with that is that the Staff of Magnus already came up during the Aldmeri Dominion base game story.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK I take back my idea that maple leaves mean the next zone is Canada, and I’m taking the Venetian blinds hint, and saying it’s Italy!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    OK I take back my idea that maple leaves mean the next zone is Canada, and I’m taking the Venetian blinds hint, and saying it’s Italy!

I thought it was Boston.

9fgtdcgsui6e.jpg
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    By this time tomorrow, you'll all know what we've been cookin'!
    giphy.gif
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    By this time tomorrow, you'll all know what we've been cookin'!

Crafting, you mean, crafting!

go2w9juy4d17.png
    v95uro9eh3ir.png
    3lddd9pccnzg.png
    @Syldras | PC | EU