Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official hints for the next chapter received

• Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Syldras wrote: »
    They change lore all the time. And invent new big events, traces of which - logically - should be present somehow in later eras, but of course there's nothing about all this in the other games. It's how it is. Otherwise the stories they could tell would be really limited. As long as it's not too contradictory, I'm fine with that.

ZOS has invented a ton of persistent lore that does not exist in previous games. Some people think that some "Dragon break" will happen to erase it all and set things right in the lore-verse, but I doubt that they will do this. They don't have to. The prior TES games have already accounted for what happened in the 2nd Era by demonstrating that they don't care enough to wonder why a chunk of history is missing.

My guess is that ends with TES 6, which will include "newly discovered" lore references to events that happen in ESO.

They set ESO in the 2nd Era during a time when not much was documented and ran with the basic premise that the formal record of what happened was not well known in the 3rd Era. Perhaps, they would have been wiser to sit down and build out the history of Tamriel into the 5th Era and place ESO right after that. The more nimble MMO version could easily account for any changes that the much slower single player game was likely to do to the timeline. If they set it 2000 years in the future of TES 5, those changes would be probably be minimal.
    I higgghhly doubt Bethesda gave Zos permission to change Mephala backstory entirely all for one chapter's storyline.

I don't think we can say what Bethesda will, or will not, allow ZOS to do.

For Necrom they invented a whole new Daedric Prince that appears nowhere in any material that has ever been generated by Bethesda for the other games. The historical events upon which the Necrom story was built already changed the backstory, and in a manner that would have never been recorded.

Keep in mind that the backstory of all of the Daedric Princes is hearsay. It could be lies, or stories that changed over thousands of years, or both. No one knows what happened, and when we finally do get to recorded history, no one can say that the history that was recorded was accurate to actual events.

As for whether my idea is something ZOS will do? I have no idea. Probably not. It is well outside of the box, but if I can think of it, so can they. They definitely set the stage for it.

I was mainly pointing out how changing the whole backstory of Mephala is dumb right now. The Ithelia garbage can be erased though. I assume/hope that's actually going to happen. Sure add things but don't change established character backstory.

I...would like to respectfully disagree.

No mortal was alive back when the Daedra were first created, so a lot of a Daedric Princes' "Backstory" is probably mortals just "making stuff up". That's why many mortal cultures (the Khajiit in particular) have differing concepts of who the Princes are and where they came from.

There's even some argument that can be made that Princes like Meridia or Namira aren't actually Princes at all. That Meridia is actually a Star Orphan that cut off a piece of Oblivion for herself, and that Namira is actually some kind of a personafication of the Void.

Especially with regards to Mephala, whose sphere pretty explicitly deals with secrets, there may be plenty of unknown secret backstory elements to her that mortals just haven't figured out yet.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »
    My guess is that ends with TES 6, which will include "newly discovered" lore references to events that happen in ESO.
    Hmmm. I wonder.... if each of the daedra have a "lighter" or "darker" counterpart and we just haven't seen them all yet?

I am fully on board with that idea!
    PS4 EU
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez, I really need to finish Gates of Oblivion and Necrom content... I feel like reading this board spoiled some things for me.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »
    Geez, I really need to finish Gates of Oblivion and Necrom content... I feel like reading this board spoiled some things for me.

Yeah, people gave up spoilering things. I definitely suggest doing Necrom because I don’t know if ZOS is going to assume people have finished Necrom or not when talking about the next part of the story.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Kallykat wrote: »

Yeah, people gave up spoilering things. I definitely suggest doing Necrom because I don’t know if ZOS is going to assume people have finished Necrom or not when talking about the next part of the story.

I doubt that doing the Necrom story is required in any way. It's probably similar to how it was done with Morrowind/Clockwork City + Summerset. Granted, certain parts of Summerset's story made more sense if you have done Morrowind and Clockwork City, but overall it worked well without ever doing them.
    Edited by Kendaric on January 13, 2024 10:47PM
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • TheNuminous1
      TheNuminous1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Goratesque wrote: »
      It still could mean West Weald with Skingrad as major zone and another pocket realm for Falinesti. Just like Telvanni Peninsula with Apocrypha. We are so close for another (hopefully a good one this time) Oblivion nostalgia and nothing can ruin it for me! :D

Those autumn leaves definitely refers to the mighty tree of Falinesti is dying. Also, the tree in Grahtwood is from the Falinesti tree itself. So we probably start investigating from there with the leaves of Elden Root's graht-oak tree.

I really doubt it suggest the next Chapter is in Autumn. Tree and leaves are Bosmeri thing, so it must be Falinesti and Elden Root trees because they're the most popular ones in Green Pact cult. ^^

They actually said in an interview that autumn was the theme. Don't ask me to site it im too adhd
    • Mascen
      Mascen
      ✭✭✭✭
      Welp Skingrad sounds sick. Hopefully the devs give us Rosethorn Hall or Summitmist Manor as a house/Quest
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I don't go to Coldharbour extremely regularly these days, but I am there often enough (once or thrice a week) to do various things.
      I was in Hollow City this morning, visiting the Luxury Furnisher, and I jogged from there toward the wayshrine.
      Along my regular path from vendor to wayshrine I ran past this fellow, whom I've never seen there before.

It can't be used at this time (it's greyed-out), but given the possible Bosmer tie-in to this year's story-arc, could this be a future transport option connected to the upcoming new content?

uBP4iM0.png

Or am I just blind and he's been there forever (figuratively forever)?
      But then, I can't think of any reason why a transport to Malabal Tor would be greyed-out for my main...

PC/NA Warden Main
      • LunaFlora
        LunaFlora
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭

pretty emote

0mtkcax90obk.gif
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »
        I don't go to Coldharbour extremely regularly these days, but I am there often enough (once or thrice a week) to do various things.
        I was in Hollow City this morning, visiting the Luxury Furnisher, and I jogged from there toward the wayshrine.
        Along my regular path from vendor to wayshrine I ran past this fellow, whom I've never seen there before.

It can't be used at this time (it's greyed-out), but given the possible Bosmer tie-in to this year's story-arc, could this be a future transport option connected to the upcoming new content?

uBP4iM0.png

But then, I can't think of any reason why a transport to Malabal Tor would be greyed-out for my main...

it's recent.
        prologue quests npcs were moved recently, but that one is for the Blackwood prologue quest.
        miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
        "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
        🦬🦌🐰
        PlayStation and PC EU.
        LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
        LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
      • Syldras
        Syldras
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been there for several weeks already. 3 carts, to be precise, one for each faction. There's also a huge amassment of carts (and one donkey) to all dlc areas in front of Mournhold now (and probably also the other alliance capitals, but I'm not there very often, so I don't know exactly).
        @Syldras | PC | EU
        The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
        Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
        Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
        Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
      • Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        LunaFlora wrote: »
        pretty emote

0mtkcax90obk.gif

uBP4iM0.png

it's recent.
        prologue quests npcs were moved recently, but that one is for the Blackwood prologue quest.
        Syldras wrote: »

It's been there for several weeks already. 3 carts, to be precise, one for each faction. There's also a huge amassment of carts (and one donkey) to all dlc areas in front of Mournhold now (and probably also the other alliance capitals, but I'm not there very often, so I don't know exactly).

Thanks for the clarification!
        (and the emote reveal; I hadn't seen that yet.)
          PC/NA Warden Main
        • tomofhyrule
          tomofhyrule
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭
          [snip]

Anyway, I doubt we'll get a story that directly follows from the end of Necrom. Mainly because we've never had a story that directly follows from another with the exception of the epilogues. Even the Q2/Q4 stories we've had before don't directly follow from each other - the Q2 plot tends to be the background explanation of why the antagonist does something in the Q4 story, but the stories don't require you to have done the Q2 before you do the Q4.

As such, I don't know if the resolution of the Necrom story will mean anything regarding the Skingrad chapter.

From what I remember about the last reveal (and considering the icon in the window), they said they were going to have an overarching story between Necrom and Skingrad, but that's the same idea we had in Morrowind-CWC-Summerset, and that didn't directly require you to have one done before the other. Yes, they follow into each other, but they're not directly related per se.

Also, can you imagine if they did have it follow directly? I imagine that'd go over well: "Hey, buy our new Chapter, but you can't do anything with it unless you buy the previous Chapter and do the quest!"

As such, I'm not expecting
          Torvesard/his mistress
          to be relevant to Skingrad. It will probably be some other hidden memory, but not that one specifically. And I'm not expecting it to be the same at all, because why repeat the same exact story?

[edited for baiting]
          Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 16, 2024 5:45PM
        • RaddlemanNumber7
          RaddlemanNumber7
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭
          [snip]

Anyway, I doubt we'll get a story that directly follows from the end of Necrom. Mainly because we've never had a story that directly follows from another with the exception of the epilogues. Even the Q2/Q4 stories we've had before don't directly follow from each other - the Q2 plot tends to be the background explanation of why the antagonist does something in the Q4 story, but the stories don't require you to have done the Q2 before you do the Q4.

As such, I don't know if the resolution of the Necrom story will mean anything regarding the Skingrad chapter.

From what I remember about the last reveal (and considering the icon in the window), they said they were going to have an overarching story between Necrom and Skingrad, but that's the same idea we had in Morrowind-CWC-Summerset, and that didn't directly require you to have one done before the other. Yes, they follow into each other, but they're not directly related per se.

Also, can you imagine if they did have it follow directly? I imagine that'd go over well: "Hey, buy our new Chapter, but you can't do anything with it unless you buy the previous Chapter and do the quest!"

Torvesard/his mistress
          to be relevant to Skingrad. It will probably be some other hidden memory, but not that one specifically. And I'm not expecting it to be the same at all, because why repeat the same exact story?

I'm expecting that one of the first things we'll do in 2024 is...
          witness Torvesard find the third lost memory followed by the immediate re-emergence of Ithelia into Oblivion, using graphics not unlike the centre section of that glass panel. Then we will suddenly find ourselves in a whole different timeline that has it's own, different history.

Maybe it will happen in the Q2 prologue, hopefully not in one of the Q1 dungeons.

I don't see any other way this storyline can play out.

[edited to remove quote]
          Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 16, 2024 5:46PM
          PC EU
        • tomofhyrule
          tomofhyrule
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭
          [snip]

Torvesard/his mistress

This is your own fault for coming to the official forums to discuss a thread that would obviously discuss the continuation if last year's chapter, which was already revealed last January as having a multiyear storyline...

Thank you for your concern, I actually got spoiled quite a while ago, so I was more thinking about other people.

Mainly, my goal was to make the point that, even though the story is connected, ESO has never continued a story directly from a big reveal. Ever. In any of their storylines. Why would they start now?

Clockwork City was a continuation of Morrowind. But the fact that
          Barbas was infecting Vivec by posing as the archcurate
          was not necessary to the CWC storyline. And by extension, Summerset's quest didn't hinge on
          Nocturnal locking away the true Sotha Sil
          either. Yes, both of those Princes were involved in Summerset's storyline, but those specific events did not necessarily matter in the later (and still connected) story.

Even the year-long stories didn't truly pull specific climax events from Q2 to Q4. We didn't need to know the secret about King Svargrim to help Ard Caddach. We didn't need to know the secret about the Waking Flame leader to fight Sister Celdina. And we didn't need to know about the Ascendant Lord at all (because that was the worst story ever) to assist the druids.

So yes, I do think it's plausible that the secret revealed at the end of Necrom will not directly follow into the new Chapter. We'll likely still have some secrets left unrevealed, and there may be elements that lead back to the secret and the Dremora clan, but it probably won't be a central feature of the story and required knowledge to proceed.

However, I just did see the twitter (X) post as I was writing this:

and because I'm running the story, I know that quote. I know who says it, and I know when they do. So maybe this may be a bit more connected than I'd thought.

But still, while I do expect said character and the clan to continue, I do not think that the specific reveal at the end of the story will be required knowledge for the new Chapter, because that's not ESO's style.

The other thing I can't discount is that there could be a Chapter quest and then an "epilogue-esque" thing that ties it all together if you've done both Necrom and the new Chapter. And will that be there after this one, or wil there be another year's story involved before they give the eqpilogue that requires all previous parts to be done? Besides, we don't even know if this will be a story-in-a-year, or if this will split a story into another zone DLC again (since the 'no extra zone' didn't seem to be totally popular, and the teasers are really hinting to two specific cities in very different locations)

[edited to remove quote]
          Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 16, 2024 5:47PM
        • Syldras
          Syldras
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭

and because I'm running the story, I know that quote. I know who says it, and I know when they do. So maybe this may be a bit more connected than I'd thought.

I think ZOS will go this route.

Consider that, except for the big reveal in Necrom, last year's story didn't really have an ending in the usual sense. The stories of Morrowind and CWC were self-contained (I hope I'm using the right word here), they were finished with the ending of the chapter/dlc. Necrom was not.

It's just not possible they change a big aspect of the world within one chapter and then don't continue this story to have this whole thing resolved in the end.
          @Syldras | PC | EU
          The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
          Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
          Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
          Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
        • alternatelder
          alternatelder
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          [snip]

Torvesard/his mistress

This is your own fault for coming to the official forums to discuss a thread that would obviously discuss the continuation if last year's chapter, which was already revealed last January as having a multiyear storyline...

Thank you for your concern, I actually got spoiled quite a while ago, so I was more thinking about other people.

Mainly, my goal was to make the point that, even though the story is connected, ESO has never continued a story directly from a big reveal. Ever. In any of their storylines. Why would they start now?

was not necessary to the CWC storyline. And by extension, Summerset's quest didn't hinge on
          either. Yes, both of those Princes were involved in Summerset's storyline, but those specific events did not necessarily matter in the later (and still connected) story.

Even the year-long stories didn't truly pull specific climax events from Q2 to Q4. We didn't need to know the secret about King Svargrim to help Ard Caddach. We didn't need to know the secret about the Waking Flame leader to fight Sister Celdina. And we didn't need to know about the Ascendant Lord at all (because that was the worst story ever) to assist the druids.

So yes, I do think it's plausible that the secret revealed at the end of Necrom will not directly follow into the new Chapter. We'll likely still have some secrets left unrevealed, and there may be elements that lead back to the secret and the Dremora clan, but it probably won't be a central feature of the story and required knowledge to proceed.

But still, while I do expect said character and the clan to continue, I do not think that the specific reveal at the end of the story will be required knowledge for the new Chapter, because that's not ESO's style.

Chapters after that (Elsweyr-High Isle) weren't connected at all to each other. But to say the small dlcs aren't is wrong. (minus Murkmire after Summerset afaik, that was an odd one). Again, you're missing the fact that it was revealed to be a multi-chapter storyline, just like Morrowind through Summerset definitely was, last January 2023. This year will definitely continue the story from the end of last year...To say that's not ESO's style is far from the truth, you're just not paying enough attention.

[edited to remove quote]
          Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 16, 2024 5:47PM
        • LunaFlora
          LunaFlora
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭
          The other thing I can't discount is that there could be a Chapter quest and then an "epilogue-esque" thing that ties it all together if you've done both Necrom and the new Chapter. And will that be there after this one, or wil there be another year's story involved before they give the eqpilogue that requires all previous parts to be done? Besides, we don't even know if this will be a story-in-a-year, or if this will split a story into another zone DLC again (since the 'no extra zone' didn't seem to be totally popular, and the teasers are really hinting to two specific cities in very different locations)

which city besides Skingrad are the teasers pointing to?

🦬🦌🐰
          PlayStation and PC EU.
          LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
          LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
        • Lugaldu
          Lugaldu
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭

You can hear jungle sounds and birds in the background - a clear sign of forests, Bosmer, Falinesti... Hopefully :)

• tomofhyrule
          tomofhyrule
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭
          [snip]

Torvesard/his mistress

Chapters after that (Elsweyr-High Isle) weren't connected at all to each other. But to say the small dlcs aren't is wrong. (minus Murkmire after Summerset afaik, that was an odd one). Again, you're missing the fact that it was revealed to be a multi-chapter storyline, just like Morrowind through Summerset definitely was, last January 2023. This year will definitely continue the story from the end of last year...To say that's not ESO's style is far from the truth, you're just not paying enough attention.

[snip]

However, the Reach storyline specifically dealt with Ard Caddach versus the Wayward Guardians. Nothing that King Svargrim did in Western Skyrim had any pull on the Reach storyline. Yes, the Grey Host was behind it all, but to be specific:
          King Svargrim being revealed as a vampire
          didn't matter one iota to the Reach, because the Reach was self-contained.
          The point when it did matter was when you finished both zone lines, then you got the epilogue that mattered to both and tied the two zones together.

And again, Morrowind-CWC-Summerset was also advertised as "a connected line," just like Necrom and the future was. But again, it was connected insofar as the same Princes behind the events, not necessarily pulling directly from plot points (and you can freely do Summerset before Morrowind without missing much at all). That one also didn't have an epilogue to tie it together, so things may have seemed a bit out of order if you did it out of order, but it didn't break the lore if you didn't do it that way.

Again, I don't think that it would be in ESO's best interest to essentially lock their new Chapter purchase behind completing the previous, as that is not something ESO has ever done before. The devs have always said that they intend the story to be playable in any order, so it follows logically that someone should be able to play Skingrad before Necrom without much loss of fidelity. We know that obviously we're being introduced to a certain character/group in Necrom that will come up again later, but I can't imagine they'd use a major reveal from Necrom as 'common knowledge' and a springboard for the Skingrad story.

EDIT: Let me clarify. I don't think that the story will never be addressed because it obviously will, it ends on a bit of a cliffhanger. I just think that there will be a Skingrad zone questline that doesn't involve needing the Necrom quests as a prerequisite. Probably something shorter. And then, like we've seen in the previous years, we'll end up getting an additional questline unlocked if we've completed both the Skingrad and Necrom zones that will continue from where Necrom left off.

[edited for minor baiting & to remove quote]
          Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 16, 2024 5:54PM
        • ghastley
          ghastley
          ✭✭✭✭✭

Falinesti, and Fargrave, and maybe more. You’d need a prologue location or several. Falinesti is multiple locations, and could do the job alone, but there isn’t a lot at any of them.
        • MrCray78
          MrCray78
          ✭✭✭✭
          v641dg75qdj4.jpg
          3uhnvu8jakx2.png
          Tho'At replicanum in Endless Archive is a Dremora from Ithelia,see the glass fragment is the same Tho'at used in Endless Archive
          PC EU PvE CP1800+(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78
          Already finished all content in Infinite Archive 🥲
        • LunaFlora
          LunaFlora
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭
          ghastley wrote: »

Falinesti, and Fargrave, and maybe more. You’d need a prologue location or several. Falinesti is multiple locations, and could do the job alone, but there isn’t a lot at any of them.

right yes Fargrave's symbol is on the teaser circle twice, it's already a zone so if it's involved maybe it'll just become free.

Falinesti i doubt very much, but i see why it's seen as a possibility.
          due to the autumn trees and possibly Mephala's crown it could point to the Reaper's March autumn site, but still unlikely.

but what is maybe more?
          if you think the teasers point to more locations i would love to know

🦬🦌🐰
          PlayStation and PC EU.
          LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
          LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
        • tomofhyrule
          tomofhyrule
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭
          ghastley wrote: »

I think Falinesti would also be fun since it's been lost in Oblivion for a while now, and will still be lost for some time to come. It'd make a great anchor city for a Daadric Plane like Fargrave is for the Deadlands.

I don't know how Fargrave can play into this though. Fargrave's still a DLC, so would ESO start requiring purchases to get into other stories? They never have. Even when they made Vvardenfell part of Companion/prologue questlines, they made Vvardenfell free instead of forcing people who don't have it to buy it.

My current theory is that Skingrad's zone story will be independant and be us needing to find Falinesti. I'd assume that for people who have done the Necrom line, there would then be a continuation after that: we know that
          we're still missing the third glyphic
          and having that (or at least a lead for it) end up in Falinesti would then allow the Necrom story to continue after both lines were done.

We also don't know how many years are in this "continual story," so will that also end on a cliffhanger?
          MrCray78 wrote: »
          Tho'At replicanum in Endless Archive is a Dremora from Ithelia,see the glass fragment is the same Tho'at used in Endless Archive
          Hmm, I always pegged Tho'at as an aspect of Jyggalag considering the glass theme like from Shivering Isles and she even has a line when you summon her that says "I create my own order."

Then again, we know precious little about Jyggalag. I'm actually a little annoyed at that since Jygglalag seems to be somewhat know, and while we learn about him in the TES:4 DLC, we don't see him or his cults anywhere else in the series. And besides, his secret there isn't common knowledge outside of the Shivering Isles itself. But he still has an artifact weapon and a banner?

It seems like there's something missing.
        • MrCray78
          MrCray78
          ✭✭✭✭
        • Fata1moose
          Fata1moose
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          A lot of autumn trees in the trailer, would not be surprised if Falinesti isn’t involved at all. A lot of people took the trees on the glass to be a sign of the tree city.
        • MrCray78
          MrCray78
          ✭✭✭✭
          Fata1moose wrote: »
          A lot of autumn trees in the trailer, would not be surprised if Falinesti isn’t involved at all. A lot of people took the trees on the glass to be a sign of the tree city.

I think the chapter is oriented in West Weald in Cyrodiil.
          3 Héros in the trailer.
        • Fata1moose
          Fata1moose
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Fata1moose wrote: »

I think the chapter is oriented in West Weald in Cyrodiil.
          3 Héros in the trailer.

It is but people were thinking Falinesti might be part of it too.
        • Soarora
          Soarora
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭
          I’m a little late to the discussion of continuity but I think the story will be a direct continuation. ZOS knows there’s a lot of stories and new players are overwhelmed by where to start, that’s why level requirements were changed for prologues and such. ZOS also knows the year-long stories were a huge detriment and made the stories not feel impactful. They may go back to how Summerset is and have Torvesard’s last piece be the ending quest (ex. Do all these other quests to unlock the ending— like we had during year-long stories) but it’d be in the best interest of almost everyone if it is more of a direct continuation. The only problem is assuming the story is continued in another chapter we have to buy. The story would be unplayable without buying multiple expensive DLCs.
          PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
          • CP 2000+
          • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank

View my builds!
        • Soarora
          Soarora
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭
          In other news, ZOS has been doing a really good job keeping up the hype for this. It usually feels like “Yay! Reveal stream! In 3 weeks! Time to wait… and wait… and wait…” but this year it’s been new information almost daily it feels. I’m loving it.
          • CP 2000+

View my builds!
        • Jaraal
          Jaraal
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does ZOS always go out of their way to make elves look like humans? Necrom trailer and now this. They look like Bretons with fake pointy ears, colored contacts, and in the case of the Dumner last DLC, skin paint.