Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

nightblades out of control in pvp

• SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how some ppl are still trying to imply & argue that NB isn’t the ultimate cheese class in its current state.

If you won’t admit it now, what could it possibly take?
    Options
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how some ppl are still trying to imply & argue that NB isn’t the ultimate cheese class in its current state.

If you won’t admit it now, what could it possibly take?

You keep posting comments like this in almost every nightblade discussion. And while I am sure most people are open to fair and informed balancing, they wish for their class to stay functional and fun to play. Arguing the pros and cons of changes is really the only thing that can be done from a player perspective, and this is a class independent thing. Their is no reason to make a mockery of that.
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, I do.

If forums have any influence on decisions that are made in terms of class balance, I want it to be clear that there is a consensus that NB is out of balance.

The unbalance is extreme enough that it has made PVP unenjoyable for me.

Edited by SandandStars on November 13, 2023 7:18PM
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FoJul wrote: »
    On a personal level: i dont know why they added the concealed buff to stealth that was an absolutely terrible move and really unnecessary..

They mentioned it before, rather it be in a developer comment on the actual patch notes when it happened. They exclaimed, that almost all the classes were doing 10% more DPS all around or something of that matter so they added a 10% *Unique* buff.

They did nerf it, and make it Major bezerk, cause that Unique 10% stacked with Bezerk, so in PvE Nightblades had an *Overtune*. Especially in PvP.

The fact of the matter is, they could've raised the Tool tip on abilities like Swallow soul/Cripple/Ambush/Twisting path. Basically skills that are DoTs or skills that are unused.

Nightblade is in a wierd spot, where it's strong in PvP, and lacking in PvE. When this happens, Zos has to be really careful.

It is only weak in PvE because bosses are basically damage sponges that far exceeds the amount of health any tank in PvP can have.

That's never going to change.

It shouldn't. Because if NB was to get strong DoTs in their kit, imagine what they can do in PvP

Preventing from that becoming too much of a problem wouldn't be an issue. Just make it that when nightblade enters cloak all negative effects he applied are removed.
    Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »
    FoJul wrote: »
    On a personal level: i dont know why they added the concealed buff to stealth that was an absolutely terrible move and really unnecessary..

They mentioned it before, rather it be in a developer comment on the actual patch notes when it happened. They exclaimed, that almost all the classes were doing 10% more DPS all around or something of that matter so they added a 10% *Unique* buff.

They did nerf it, and make it Major bezerk, cause that Unique 10% stacked with Bezerk, so in PvE Nightblades had an *Overtune*. Especially in PvP.

The fact of the matter is, they could've raised the Tool tip on abilities like Swallow soul/Cripple/Ambush/Twisting path. Basically skills that are DoTs or skills that are unused.

Nightblade is in a wierd spot, where it's strong in PvP, and lacking in PvE. When this happens, Zos has to be really careful.

It is only weak in PvE because bosses are basically damage sponges that far exceeds the amount of health any tank in PvP can have.

That's never going to change.

It shouldn't. Because if NB was to get strong DoTs in their kit, imagine what they can do in PvP

Preventing from that becoming too much of a problem wouldn't be an issue. Just make it that when nightblade enters cloak all negative effects he applied are removed.

Yeah. Or just make spec bow hit for less than 20k, ya know?

I don't complain too much about the game. I spend most of my time on these forums complaining about people who complain about the game.

But I must say: 90% of my deaths in BGs and Cyrodiil in the last week have been from NBs. Not like... Good fights either. I'm always doing/fighting something else and zip-zoom I get hit by an invisible truck. I've had it all sorts of ways. The classic bomb-- oops I got VDed. Some invisible guy with a sliver of health-- oops I got Titanborned. Ganked on guards. Gang-ganked. You name it. Well... Actually the bow NBs don't do much to me. I've gotten super good at blocking the Defiler thingy.

I haven't seen this many NBs since snipe desynced. It's... Insane.

A lot of people defend NB by talking about how predictable their combo is and all the counter-play. Which is true in the context of a lag free 1v1... And perhaps true elsewhere for the VERY best players. The rest of us are just getting butchered in open world combat by people we can't see.

Detect pots, sentry set, blahblah. How am I supposed to deal with A (whatever I was trying to do,) when the only way I'll survive B is to build for that instead? At this point just make Cyrodiil a 2 alliance war. NBs -v- everybody else. The populations will be about even.
    Options
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    i am soooo SICK of these invisible deaths. that and whatever that flying eagle leap thing is.
    first off detect skills don't last long enough to be usable. second, i need potions for other things because the game won't let you make potions how you want them.
    i do battlegrounds and am not too bad at it, but there is no hope for anyone to come in and ENJOY battlegrounds with these 2 super powered things in there.
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB is so punishing to PVP overall right now. I'm totally fine with stealth and the available counters. I'm just not ok with the disproportionate tooltip of spec bow when you consider other classes, especially being that they can't stealth or crit as easily on demand. I'm also not ok with the healing NB has especially when again other classes don't all have the same access while trying to recover from such easily massive burst.

I mean how does this sound? Even at the most basic level a player can build MR stacks/incap while light attacking and going back to stealth from a distance then solo rinse repeat a high burst combo or wait till you're fighting someone else and just finish the fight out of nowhere.

And if you do happen to reveal them and try to respond they have access to a great burst heal and can likely just get space and reset the fight.

It just doesn't make for a feeling of balanced fun combat, especially if you in any way main a subpar class or spec.

And I'm not saying there aren't bad NB that do die, of course there are but with so many running around it's still overall tiring and not fun at times.
    Options
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, I do.

If forums have any influence on decisions that are made in terms of class balance, I want it to be clear that there is a consensus that NB is out of balance.

The unbalance is extreme enough that it has made PVP unenjoyable for me.

Ok, fair enough. And I just want them to nerf the right things and not do weird proxy nerfs like hitting concealed by gimping path. That is why I react a bit allergic to blanket statements. I want others to enjoy the game, but I also want a playable NB in the end.
    Options
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a good Nightblade isn't any more obscene than the average DK or dot sorc. People always, in every game, have a disproportionate problem with the stealth class compared to the others.

If it's that OP, how come you aren't playing it?

Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a good Nightblade isn't any more obscene than the average DK or dot sorc. People always, in every game, have a disproportionate problem with the stealth class compared to the others.

A good NB is as good as a good anything.

I'm not playing NB because for some reason I never really enjoyed the class.
    Options
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A good NB is more than a match for any DK or proc sorc in the game.

Maybe because people don't enjoy playing NB or simply enjoy playing other classes more.

I could ask the same question for NB mains, if the class is currently as extremely underpowered as NB mains love to keep claiming, then why do they still play the class?
    Why do they not simply play the other, more OP classes?
    Options
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's an unfair question :)
    If you are realy addicted to your class, you will almost never switch.
    That's the same for all classes - until they are unplayable - and there are even some still playing their necros :)

I'm addicted to streak (and shield) and even with the new mistform I always switched back to sorc because I missed my real streak. Playing without streak is senceless for me :)
    So after trying other classes I stopped playing after the U35 nightmare and just came back ~U38 where we at least got "something" and are now back in a playable state. I said playable not good! (I play without dots)
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually these are all bothersome to a similar degree but the NB is the only one of the three that can come out of nowhere, consistently burst you faster than the other two and heal through your counter attack.

Give everyone the same access to spec bow tooltip, bar space utility, and healing, and you probably won't see as many complaints.

People complain about Dot sorc and DK as well but NB takes those to next level by pretty much having the strongest delayed burst tooltip, the higher single target damage, and more.

I don't play the class because it's just not a fun playstyle for me.
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually these are all bothersome to a similar degree but the NB is the only one of the three that can come out of nowhere, consistently burst you faster than the other two and heal through your counter attack.

Give everyone the same access to spec bow tooltip, bar space utility, and healing, and you probably won't see as many complaints.

People complain about Dot sorc and DK as well but NB takes those to next level by pretty much having the strongest delayed burst tooltip, the higher single target damage, and more.

It's not delayed burst; though. Shalks, where it takes a few seconds so it lands with other hits at the same time is delayed. NBs damage is practically all sequential.

I do think bow hits harder than combinations of burst and ultimate though. Part of that is NB with the ability to cloak and dodge in combination allows them to run more offensive and less defensive builds. Oddly; they also were given the ability to heal as much or more than other classes.

I've been playing NB myself though; as it seems to be one of few that really does meaningful damage without the stupid proc meta that's lasting forever
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on November 16, 2023 9:32PM
    Options
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Assassins will needs a nerf and the damage lost spread out to other abilities just like power of the light. PL was just as busted
    Options
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's a dot sorc? I am only aware of 1 dot in the sorcerer class skills. dots are boring to begin with, people need to die in seconds not 30 seconds. If you mean wrath, that's not a dot. We still need to get you to 20%.
    Options
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quethrosar wrote: »
    What's a dot sorc? I am only aware of 1 dot in the sorcerer class skills. dots are boring to begin with, people need to die in seconds not 30 seconds. If you mean wrath, that's not a dot. We still need to get you to 20%.

It's the current meta PvP build that is currently used by every class.
    - Masters DW front bar
    - Vate frost staff back bar
    - way of fire or dragons appetite on the body
    - maarselok monster set
    - mythic varies from sea-serpents coil to death dealers fete to ring of the pale order depending on player preference.

It's a strong build (best PvP build for sorcerer), but it is also a completely generic build that every single class can run just as effectively as a sorcerer can.

It plays by using elemental susceptibility to proc all 3 status + vate staff on the enemy, then switch front bar where it casts rending slashes to inflict another DoT + hemmerhage status (reduce max health) and potential poison DoT from enchants or equipped poisons.
    Then it just sits back throwing bound armaments daggers or frags procs or haunting curse or overload to provide that extra burst of damage to drop enemies low enough that a stun (streak for sorc) will ensure the kill since the status effects deal enough damage to counter most healing.
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t play NB because I enjoy competition.

I don’t find beating people on an overtuned class satisfying.

Like, why would I feel good about winning a sword fight with a grenade? That’s merciless resolve+ nbs absurdly overtuned toolkit. Look at the offensive skill advantages in pvp, and then look at NBs heals. It’s off by a magnitude.
    Edited by SandandStars on November 17, 2023 6:10AM
    Options
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »

It's the current meta PvP build that is currently used by every class.[...]
    As much as I like all your posts - I'm not sure if it makes sence to spread out such detailed information to the few ppl which still don't know this cancer builds... :)

PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
    Options
  • styroporiane
    styroporiane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good NB is ALWAYS out of control.... 😎😂
    Edited by styroporiane on November 17, 2023 10:05AM
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not delayed burst; though. Shalks, where it takes a few seconds so it lands with other hits at the same time is delayed. NBs damage is practically all sequential.

I do think bow hits harder than combinations of burst and ultimate though. Part of that is NB with the ability to cloak and dodge in combination allows them to run more offensive and less defensive builds. Oddly; they also were given the ability to heal as much or more than other classes.

I've been playing NB myself though; as it seems to be one of few that really does meaningful damage without the stupid proc meta that's lasting forever

You're correct and that's my mistake. I said delayed but I really meant that it's their version of class burst that requires setup so I'm comparing it to shalks, pol,frags, etc.

And yes it's funny because I'll see a tanky player that multiple people are having trouble taking down and the NB will come in and suddenly that player's health bar starts to move. That needs to be something that needs balance one way or another so that all players have or don't have the same access to burst so easily.
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zabagad wrote: »
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »

It's the current meta PvP build that is currently used by every class.[...]
    As much as I like all your posts - I'm not sure if it makes sence to spread out such detailed information to the few ppl which still don't know this cancer builds... :)

For 2 seconds I had that gut reaction but honestly it doesn't matter at all, it's completely out there. If you try to search build videos, or videos on the tank Meta this result easily comes up. Also it's on so many death recaps it's so in your face you can't help but figure it out.

The vate beam, the sound of rending being cast, the purple spew from marselok, all too common and easy to pick up on after the 15th time you see em.
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good NB is ALWAYS out of control.... 😎😂

Sadly this is true and also points out the exact issue. Not all of the NB running around with this high damage are good. It's just so easy now to have high damage and evasion that more are flocking to the class.

I have a clip I saved just because it was an interesting indicator of multiple issues. I'm on a sorc with one swift, celerity, minor expedition and this NB and friends are just chasing me all over IC with him just gap closing and having movement speed.

For me it's a challenge to just survive and for him and his friends I'm guessing they only gave up a little of their plentiful damage to have speed to chase me and we're just going to use basic high damage skills once they caught up to me.

A better NB would have caught up with no gap closer and wore me down into a possible bow I couldn't or didn't dodge.

There will always be groups that chase but with NB it's like someone chasing you with a semi automatic bazooka. They don't have to be good, just know which direction to aim and what button to press.
    Options
  • Y_so_Syrius
    Y_so_Syrius
    Soul Shriven
    NB's are way too OP but instead of nerfing them i'd rather them bring every other class up to par with them, I mean who wouldn't want Major Beserk added to there class spammable lol
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're correct and that's my mistake. I said delayed but I really meant that it's their version of class burst that requires setup so I'm comparing it to shalks, pol,frags, etc.

And yes it's funny because I'll see a tanky player that multiple people are having trouble taking down and the NB will come in and suddenly that player's health bar starts to move. That needs to be something that needs balance one way or another so that all players have or don't have the same access to burst so easily.

When you put it in that context; sounds like other classes need a major damage boost to class skills. (Not stuff that also boosts procs)
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB's are way too OP but instead of nerfing them i'd rather them bring every other class up to par with them, I mean who wouldn't want Major Beserk added to there class spammable lol

There's a problem with this because NB doesn't have a natural weakness like it should so if you bring everyone closer to that level it just makes things potentially less interesting and generic.

I'm ok with NB hitting like a truck from stealth but they shouldn't also be able to heal up just as strongly. Glass canons are one thing but NB is currently like a hybrid of a stealth bomber and a Terminator with skill simplicity that would make an iPad os jealous.

Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you put it in that context; sounds like other classes need a major damage boost to class skills. (Not stuff that also boosts procs)

Not in my opinion. I believe it's better to bring the one in line vs handing out power to everyone else so that they match a clearly overpowered spec.

I'm not saying I don't want players to die as they should in fair circumstances. I'm saying I don't want to just add power because that will likely just lead to another garbage meta.

For me a better scenario is where that NB is a true glass cannon or just has to give up damage for survivability. Classes should have opportunities to shine in their specific skills and build but with appropriate opportunity costs.

Just handing out power is as bad as nerfing without direction. I think NB just needs a balance pass as do other classes, some more than others unfortunately.
    Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not in my opinion. I believe it's better to bring the one in line vs handing out power to everyone else so that they match a clearly overpowered spec.

I'm not saying I don't want players to die as they should in fair circumstances. I'm saying I don't want to just add power because that will likely just lead to another garbage meta.

For me a better scenario is where that NB is a true glass cannon or just has to give up damage for survivability. Classes should have opportunities to shine in their specific skills and build but with appropriate opportunity costs.

Just handing out power is as bad as nerfing without direction. I think NB just needs a balance pass as do other classes, some more than others unfortunately.

I agree with this. Mostly just for exactly what was said. But additionally, we just don't need every class being able to whack people for 20k. It just perpetuates the tank, vampire, high health meta.

It is acceptable that AW be the hardest hitting ability because NBs don't have proper delayed burst. Just perhaps not quite so high as it is now.

The way other classes can layer damage... It might honestly be fine right where it's at... IF we can disincentivize everybody having such health and mitigation.

Assuming somewhere between 25-30k HP for PvPers in a healthy meta... No attack should honestly do much more than 10k damage except to the squishiest of targets or from the glassiest of cannons. And burst heals should be about the same.

As someone who hasn't bought any DLCs in a while (not out of protest I'm just a little poor :) ) it annoys me that Sea Serpents Coil is so strong. Major courage is a heck of a buff to have and so many people have it that if you don't then you're half-gimped from the start. But that's not even my gripe with it honestly. The damage reduction from full health is way too much. Just remove it completely tbh and put it on par with other mythics. People take way less damage from your opening salvo and then again way less when they get into execute. The only time you can hit anybody worth a crap is in the middle.

Okay that turned into a bit of a rant sorry. But anyway... Nerf sea serpent, nerf Undeath, nerf AW, nerf those two arena weapons, and see where we're at before making any other changes. People will start building differently because they have to make choices again. And some other things that seem like problems might end up actually being okay.
    Options
  • styroporiane
    styroporiane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First i have to say, that it is not easy to play a NB successfully. You need movement, skill and many experience.

But today it's also for a NB difficult to do damage. I am talking about damage against experienced and beginners also. If a NB starts his attack and enemy goes into healingmod the fight is over. No chance. There is so much heal, stun and cc procc... i was talking to @ZOS_BrianWheeler at last tavern in germany about that and he said: balancing is very difficult in this game.

We have to know, NB are mostly solo-players. ESO is an MMO. What happens... 1(NB) vs 1ppl doing damage out of the hide, enemy has less chance most time.
    In 1vs 2 or more ppls NB is weak.
    But if NBs have a good teamplay, they are unstoppable. 😏
    By the way.... if you have a well teamplayed DK Grp, it's the same. 😎

In my opinion the healing meta in this game is the problem. That regards to every class.

The only real advantage skill of a NB is cloaking. I know it's very confusing for other classes, if they can't see their foe's. But we have detection pots we can use.😏
    Every class can be a vampire or a werewolve and can use their skills. And every class has advantages and disadvantages.
    That's my opinion as an real NB fan.... playing this class since 2015.🤗
    Sorry for my incorrect englisch... sometimes.🤷‍♂️😏
    Edited by styroporiane on November 18, 2023 9:59PM
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First i have to say, that it is not easy to play a NB successfully. You need movement, skill and many experience.

But today it's also for a NB difficult to do damage. I am talking about damage against experienced and beginners also. If a NB starts his attack and enemy goes into healingmod the fight is over. No chance. There is so much heal, stun and cc procc... i was talking to @ZOS_BrianWheeler at last tavern in germany about that and he said: balancing is very difficult in this game.

We have to know, NB are mostly solo-players. ESO is an MMO. What happens... 1(NB) vs 1ppl doing damage out of the hide, enemy has less chance most time.
    In 1vs 2 or more ppls NB is weak.
    But if NBs have a good teamplay, they are unstoppable. 😏
    By the way.... if you have a well teamplayed DK Grp, it's the same. 😎

In my opinion the healing meta in this game is the problem. That regards to every class.

The only real advantage skill of a NB is cloaking. I know it's very confusing for other classes, if they can't see their foe's. But we have detection pots we can use.😏
    Every class can be a vampire or a werewolve and can use their skills. And every class has advantages and disadvantages.
    That's my opinion as an real NB fan.... playing this class since 2015.🤗
    Sorry for my incorrect englisch... sometimes.🤷‍♂️😏

What... NB is the only class that can consistently delete tankiest of players. DKs and Wardens need their stars to align for that level of burst. I've seen 40+k health troll tanks getting deleted by NBs plenty times in Cyrodiil.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options