The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

nightblades out of control in pvp

silentxthreat
silentxthreat
✭✭✭
every nightblade stacks crit damage. with rally cry up 6 inpen they still crit for 18k+ with a non ult skill merc bow. they made it very easy to get stacks. either buff inpen, nerf crit damage or nerf nightblade... atm if you only pvp in this game there is zero reason to play if you are not a nightblade. a lot of other games are looking good right now
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you listen close enough you can hear the echo of someone saying "but it can be roll dodged"
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But merciless resolve can be roll dodged so it has counter play. If anything they should make it so you don't lose your bow proc stacks if it gets dodged, like molten whip. Also it's still not hitting hard enough on really tanky targets my spec bow only hits for 15k, it's not enough to kill some players so I think it should get buffed. Oh and nerf werewolf and necromancer
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    every nightblade stacks crit damage. with rally cry up 6 inpen they still crit for 18k+ with a non ult skill merc bow. they made it very easy to get stacks. either buff inpen, nerf crit damage or nerf nightblade... atm if you only pvp in this game there is zero reason to play if you are not a nightblade. a lot of other games are looking good right now

Can I have your stuff?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That seems unrealistically high if Rallying Cry is up. You have your other resist buffs up as well? How many people you grouped with?

I'm not saying you're wrong on your conclusion; but the lack of details to support just random numbers thrown out, devalues any point trying to be made.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But merciless resolve can be roll dodged so it has counter play. If anything they should make it so you don't lose your bow proc stacks if it gets dodged, like molten whip. Also it's still not hitting hard enough on really tanky targets my spec bow only hits for 15k, it's not enough to kill some players so I think it should get buffed. Oh and nerf werewolf and necromancer

It hits harder than most ultimates, how can you say it needs a buff with a straight face :D

The dodge idea is cool though.

Edit: Am I being trolled, this is too perfect that the comment above it was:
    If you listen close enough you can hear the echo of someone saying "but it can be roll dodged"

Edit:Edit: I'm dumb.

Edited by MashmalloMan on October 16, 2023 3:33PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good to know nightblades can do something other than PvE heal.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Impen trait does desperately need a buff, since they refuse to nerf nightblade at all, buffing that would be a good place to start. Oh, and let it reduce crit damage to below base again.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impen trait does desperately need a buff, since they refuse to nerf nightblade at all, buffing that would be a good place to start. Oh, and let it reduce crit damage to below base again.

Who else is stacking crit damage, forcing crits, and landing them for 20+k? Impen doesn't need to be buffed... Crit should remain a viable way to PvP, and the only offending class/skill needs to be brought in line.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Who else is stacking crit damage, forcing crits, and landing them for 20+k? Impen doesn't need to be buffed... Crit should remain a viable way to PvP, and the only offending class/skill needs to be brought in line.

Agreed, doesn't make sense to nerf everyone just because of NBs. It's bad enough Rallying Cry nerfs our crit damage by -20%ish while also giving 300ish damage for 100% uptime to any group. Doesn't make any sense, the most over budgetted set in the game for years.
    • Nerf NB
    • Nerf Rallying Cry
    • Buff Impen a bit

Side note.. maybe the new Mundus stone with the completion of hybridization could be for Crit Resist. Currently Warrior and Apprentice are redundant. Could be an interesting choice for pvp builds and has the benefit of being weighted against all the other important bonuses mundus stones have to offer.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 16, 2023 4:53PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lololol
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You misspelled Dragonknight
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They're frankly in the same boat.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK, I really saw some stamsorcs popping off the other day.

I think that class should be nerfed into the gutter.

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're frankly in the same boat.

So untrue, at least NB's can cloak if a shark comes.
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it is time they nerf classes. The game is clearly designed around the use of mages guild and fighters guild skill lines.
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaqual wrote: »
    I think it is time they nerf classes. The game is clearly designed around the use of mages guild and fighters guild skill lines.

No, weapon skill lines and arena weapons only (except for nightblades, but they can use them, too)
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong in high burst dmg abilities. What is wrong is the whole stealth playstyle design in ESO.
    Edited by Galeriano on October 16, 2023 7:38PM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf cause pvp, buff cause pve, nerf cause pvp, buff cause pve..... into infinity... Skills need to be balanced with battle spirit. Blade is the absolute most glaring example. Every time it gets nerfed in pvp its guttered for pve. Its already bad in 12 man.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If NB Merciless Resolve hitting harder than an ult is the way the game is intended, give every other classes back their ultis that hit just as hard in the past. And give Sorcs their high damage frag back. I frankly miss my 20k frag procs.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf cause pvp, buff cause pve, nerf cause pvp, buff cause pve..... into infinity... Skills need to be balanced with battle spirit. Blade is the absolute most glaring example. Every time it gets nerfed in pvp its guttered for pve. Its already bad in 12 man.

That's because ZoS refuses to balance stealth playstyle. Stealth playstyle is a major issue with nb in PvP and not an issue at all in PvE yet when ZoS tries to balance nb in PvP they are doing everything to not touch core of the issue which in return causes more issues.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »

That's because ZoS refuses to balance stealth playstyle. Stealth playstyle is a major issue with nb in PvP and not an issue at all in PvE yet when ZoS tries to balance nb in PvP they are doing everything to not touch core of the issue which in return causes more issues.

Right but how DO you actually balance that? I mean im in favor of a ramping cost for disguise but beyond that, well, idk. Its one of the few truly class unique skills. I dont see them getting rid of it but what do you actually do with it beyond what i mentioned. Side point: the fact that they made the concealed operate coming out of stealth was a bad call tbh. Im saying this as a nb main (althought i dont pvp with him at all)
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think they have made playability of NB really good now; but NBs carried over a lot of strength that was part of the "high ceiling" requirement of the past. And it hasn't really helped NB in PvE from what I gather.

They need to remove the damage boosts passive that come from out of stealth from concealed weapon, and following death stroke. And move it all to just be built in on the offensive siphoning skill line AOE and DOTs to push PvE damage up. Healing level for NB is also a bit high if they want to also have the biggest burst abilities but I'm not sure I would do all of the above.

Few different ways they can skin this cat, but I am sure it will be too much or nothing at all
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    30k+ single hits with Merciless, from stealth, is obscene and ZOS needs to answer for their refusal to balance the game. It is simply unacceptable and insulting that this one class is allowed to overperform to such an absurd degree especially with other classes like Sorc are so completely neglected. @ZOS_GinaBruno, ZOS must address this.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on October 17, 2023 3:52PM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they have made playability of NB really good now; but NBs carried over a lot of strength that was part of the "high ceiling" requirement of the past. And it hasn't really helped NB in PvE from what I gather.

They need to remove the damage boosts passive that come from out of stealth from concealed weapon, and following death stroke. And move it all to just be built in on the offensive siphoning skill line AOE and DOTs to push PvE damage up. Healing level for NB is also a bit high if they want to also have the biggest burst abilities but I'm not sure I would do all of the above.

Few different ways they can skin this cat, but I am sure it will be too much or nothing at all

Welp i agree that stealth needs to be removed from concealed but dots would need a massive damage buff to make up for the loss from death stroke. For pve specifically thats where damage with something like merciless gets very inconsistent. The class would essentially have to be restructured. Im not sure thats something that they are wanting to do. Out of the suggestions listed Im more in favor on making nerfing healing a little in that cases and making them glass cannon builds again more then taking away their burst..
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on October 17, 2023 4:34PM
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB's now have huge burst damage combined with huge burst heal. It's just bad design IMO. Either the heal or the damage needs a nerf. And there should not be a way to stay cloaked while in combat. If a player initiates a fight, they should have to fight, not hit cloak and keep fighting while invisible.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reazea wrote: »
    NB's now have huge burst damage combined with huge burst heal. It's just bad design IMO. Either the heal or the damage needs a nerf. And there should not be a way to stay cloaked while in combat. If a player initiates a fight, they should have to fight, not hit cloak and keep fighting while invisible.

Would have to be something more than just "in combat." If you are not in combat, what good is cloak when everyone can crouch?
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I see people say things like NB is a burst, rogue, etc class, which yeah I agree, of all the classes, it's the one closest to that archetype by far so if you want a character in ESO with that archetype, it's the best fit.

But they also have the (what should be) less bursty, soul siphoning aspect, which is important to the class's identity just as the high burst assassination aspect is.

I'm just afraid of NB getting pushed into solely burst assassination for balance instead of doing something like making it so that you have to fully invest into one or the other to get to the current effectiveness (or less) of each, and investing into both would make each half as effective as that.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so why can't power of light/purifying light ever hit 18k+ compared to merciless resolve its not even hitting 10k+ on tanky targets and takes 6 seconds to build up to get most 4-6k tick at best.

meanwhile I am getting zerged by 6+ players and trying to kite some nightblade out of nowhere hits 12k merciless resolve on 32k resistance 3.6k crit resistance build
    Edited by West93 on October 17, 2023 6:07PM
  • silentxthreat
    silentxthreat
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Templars need a lot of love. jabs and power of the light need to be buffed. Its not that i want nightblades to be bad it just that at this time they have amazing heals, can build very tanky, but also hit for 20-25k with a class skill that isnt even a ult. @ZOS_GinaBruno what are your thoughts on pvp balance?
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    West93 wrote: »
    so why can't power of light/purifying light ever hit 18k+ compared to merciless resolve its not even hitting 10k+ on tanky targets and takes 6 seconds to build up to get most 4-6k tick at best.

meanwhile I am getting zerged by 6+ players and trying to kite some nightblade out of nowhere hits 12k merciless resolve on 32k resistance 3.6k crit resistance build
    West93 wrote: »

I mean.. radiating glory is bomb. I love my temp in pvp. It absolutely slams. You get caught in a zerg chances are good that unless you are a really exceptional player or they are all very inexperienced you goin die regardless of the random blade that happens upon the situation. I still choose my temp or sorc over my blade in pvp every day of the week. They are just more fun for me. I dont feel hugely disadvantaged except against uber tanks but thats just me. I have more issues with set metas then anything.