Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Columbine prices are getting out of hand.

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dk_dunkirk wrote: »
    EF321 wrote: »
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    just have a bunch of columbine and you'll never have to buy it. problem solved.

How much columbine exactly do you expect people to have?

I use up about 200 columbine in potions every week.
    You really expect people to have enough of that sitting around to never have to buy it again? lol

I tell you, ground is littered with these!
    z80s8zev8le0.png

I have 2,000 hours in the game, and have a hard time passing any resource node without harvesting it. I looked, and I only have 500. Either you have 60,000 hours in the game, or you're botting.

Other possibility: You might be using up or selling the Columbine you're finding, whereas the other player might not be doing either of those things. Because if you've got only 500 Columbine after 2000 hours of gametime and you harvest everything you see, either something is very, very wrong with your RNG or you're doing something with all of the Columbine that you find.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »

So Your whole playstyle is not solely focused on columbine farming than?

As in 100%, of course not :) But it is a major part of the loop, one of the few flowers worth stopping for and very important trading tool, as in... bringing PvP players to our shops at all. There is little trading if potential customers are self-sufficient and don't need to buy anything.

Are You saying that majority of Your total trading income comes from selling columbine?

Big enough to have impact :)
    2e8pl8qjluc8.png

And not just impact on my sales, such consumables in high demand have importance as tools for bringing customers in. For example, one of the columbine buyers from previous pic: last shopped in this guild two months ago, came for columbine, stayed for more and bought from 5 other members:
    grjqq1hyoa3d.png

Two of those members are newbies who applied for the guild as pre-CP low levels looking to make some coin through trading and maybe afford backpack upgrade, not evil columbine barons. That one jelly and four chitin alone would unlikely make someone come from TTC search to grab them, but once they are baited by something else... why not, they are already here.

We need consumables in demand to keep our part of the game working.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Columbine absolutely does not need to be high priced to keep trading afloat. Trading is one thing that functions even when games are about to shut down. If there are players who need things and have money to buy those things, there will be a market. Market protectionism isn't necessary. The market will correct itself when developers make changes. If Columbine stops being high priced, something else will likely go up. It's how it has worked every time. And it's how markets work as a general economic principle.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 17, 2023 1:43AM
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's what this thread is currently looking:

Many players: "Columbine price is too high, we can't afford it for potions and food"
    Some traders: "Just grind the mats"
    Many players: "But the time invested doesn't yield enough mats to sustain our gameplay"
    Some traders: "Then you should participate in more aspects of the game"
    Also some traders: "I trade a lot and don't actually participate enough in activities that consume a lot of items requiring Columbine"

Lol, traders don't actually care about the health of the game. They want to keep the status quo and protect their own trading gameplay while the vast majority of other aspects of the game involving combat suffer.

This is a 10 year old game. At this point, there is no reason to gatekeep the most important and core material. Like, the suggestions we give aren't even detrimental to their trading gameplay. Adding Tri-pots to PvP vendor, AP alchemy bags, etc. don't affect trading at all. Look at AP spell potions for example, it's been years after its introduction and normal spell power potions haven't dropped significantly in price.
    Edited by StaticWave on October 17, 2023 4:47AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• quinancia
    quinancia
    ✭✭✭
    I am ok with the status quo.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »

Many players: "Columbine price is too high, we can't afford it for potions and food"
    Many players: "But the time invested doesn't yield enough mats to sustain our gameplay"
    Also some traders: "I trade a lot and don't actually participate enough in activities that consume a lot of items requiring Columbine"

Lol, traders don't actually care about the health of the game. They want to keep the status quo and protect their own trading gameplay while the vast majority of other aspects of the game involving combat suffer.

This is a 10 year old game. At this point, there is no reason to gatekeep the most important and core material. Like, the suggestions we give aren't even detrimental to their trading gameplay. Adding Tri-pots to PvP vendor, AP alchemy bags, etc. don't affect trading at all. Look at AP spell potions for example, it's been years after its introduction and normal spell power potions haven't dropped significantly in price.

To be perfectly fair here Columbine and tri pots being used in the majority of content and in both pve and pvp is a recent development. Columbine for several years was a lower tier mat when corn flower and magicka builds were all the rage for years. To the point where players were complaining about corn flower prices getting out of hand.

So let's set something straight here, players control the market, players sell, players buy, players go take the time to farm. It's not the traders fault for charging what people are willing to pay for the mat.

I am a trader, and I agree that it stinks that it's gotten so high. And yes I think that adjustments need to be made. See my post earlier about solutions

Bet let's also be a bit realistic here, the soonest anything is going to happen is Q1 update of 2024, and that's being optimistic.

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: »
    Farmers and Traders, the other opposition to tripots beeing sold for ap besides tank haters, dont have a right to keep high columbine prices to sell
    columbine expensive forever, they are already much higher than they should be and normally were, same as with multiple other Items. I think the paWreference of normal players to get what they need to play the game without spending half their playtime farming gold is more important than the preference of price dumpers playing eso as a trading simulation to collect unlimited gold just to collect gold.

What you are saying here, is that in this roleplaying game... your playstyle is far more important than mine... so important that developers should intervene and make game more convenient and easy for you and further isolate your playstyle from the rest of the game, while simultaneously diminishing my gameplay experience...

ESO was not designed as a trading simulator to allow people to accumulate currency for its own sake. New expansions and DLC are not released so that you can trade better. You're absolutely right, your playstyle is not as important, and 99% of the playerbase would have absolutely no issue with them "diminishing" your gameplay experience. ZOS has really screwed up here, and no who actually wants to play the game is benefiting. The obvious problem is that there are too many of highly desirable potions/food buffs that use the exact same crafting mat, and the obvious solution is to fix that by allowing those items to be crafted with different mats.
    Edited by ecru on October 17, 2023 7:20AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Thor
    Thor
    ✭✭✭
    If someone's playstyle is to use best consumable on cooldown and not willing to do anything to actually support it...
    Well, that's hardly MMO friendly playstyle.
  • Sidewaves89
    Sidewaves89
    ✭✭✭
    There is a topic about tristat pots for ap, you can support the idea by adding your thoughts or just put like https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7764255#Comment_7764255
  • DizzyMac
    DizzyMac
    ✭✭✭
    given that Deadly is the Arcanist META and only available in Cyro for AP before selling in vendors - PVP players should just list Deadly gear with an extra 0 on the price..

inline with what other have said about PVPers should have to farm themselves or pay the higher price, PVPers can apply the same principle to gear like Deadly. .. i'm sure those who refuse to pvp and need a deadly lightning staff would have no problem paying 50 million gold for it
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As in 100%, of course not :) But it is a major part of the loop, one of the few flowers worth stopping for and very important trading tool, as in... bringing PvP players to our shops at all. There is little trading if potential customers are self-sufficient and don't need to buy anything.

Are You saying that majority of Your total trading income comes from selling columbine?

2e8pl8qjluc8.png

And not just impact on my sales, such consumables in high demand have importance as tools for bringing customers in. For example, one of the columbine buyers from previous pic: last shopped in this guild two months ago, came for columbine, stayed for more and bought from 5 other members:
    grjqq1hyoa3d.png

Two of those members are newbies who applied for the guild as pre-CP low levels looking to make some coin through trading and maybe afford backpack upgrade, not evil columbine barons. That one jelly and four chitin alone would unlikely make someone come from TTC search to grab them, but once they are baited by something else... why not, they are already here.

Ok let me get this straight since You seem to be trying really hard to avoid direct answers very simple questions.

What exact percentage value of Your total income comes from selling columbine? Is it majority of Your income? More or less how much money earned by You during lets say last 90 days was from selling columbine compared to all the other items? 10%,? 20,30? These are simple honest questions and I expect simple honest answers.
    Edited by Galeriano on October 17, 2023 11:06AM
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

To be perfectly fair here Columbine and tri pots being used in the majority of content and in both pve and pvp is a recent development. Columbine for several years was a lower tier mat when corn flower and magicka builds were all the rage for years. To the point where players were complaining about corn flower prices getting out of hand.

So let's set something straight here, players control the market, players sell, players buy, players go take the time to farm. It's not the traders fault for charging what people are willing to pay for the mat.

I am a trader, and I agree that it stinks that it's gotten so high. And yes I think that adjustments need to be made. See my post earlier about solutions

Bet let's also be a bit realistic here, the soonest anything is going to happen is Q1 update of 2024, and that's being optimistic.

Oh yea I'm very well aware of Cornflower prices back then. But ZOS also influenced the market by introducing AP Spell potions and that helped tremendously with Cornflower price. They need to do the same for Tri-stat potions by introducing AP Tri-stat potions.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Isteris
    Isteris
    ✭✭✭
    For me it is about what parts of the game you play, different aspects of the game fit together giving you a much better experince. If all you do is say 4 player content then its probabal you will have access to decent gear and consumables but not the skill or gold to make it.i have a lot of gold but im not a regular trader, I have a lot of mats but I am not a farmer, take columbine, I have around 4.5k and its because I pick it up but dont use it for 90% of my game play because a tri pot will do most of the time, I am a mastercrafter, a house builder, play regelar 4 player content, member of a prog team, a tot player, enjoy story modes and general messing about in overland. My point here is that a rounded group of activities and time has got me to a situation where im am truly self sufficient in terms of gold,gear, consumables and not effected by market shifts, I guess if you want everything now then market forces will cause a lot of pain but if your play style is more doing lots stuff around the game then wealth in gold and mats just happens as a by product of playing but it sure ain't a get rich quick strategy. i get if your bag is high damage group content and you dont want to spend game time on having access to the right kit this market is a big problem but as other have said the buyer sets the rate not seller, if peeps wont buy at the price posted it will come down so a lot of people who will buy at any price have created this problem and i don't think it's one ZOS to fix because the buyer has the power to shape the market.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adding alchemy satchels to AP vendors would greatly mitigate this problem, I think.
    If there is an urgent need to continue to pretend IC should remain relevant, just add furnishing materials and packs of regional furnishing plans to the Tel Var vendor.
  • Isteris
    Isteris
    ✭✭✭

Oh yea I'm very well aware of Cornflower prices back then. But ZOS also influenced the market by introducing AP Spell potions and that helped tremendously with Cornflower price. They need to do the same for Tri-stat potions by introducing AP Tri-stat potions.

i have more crown tri pots clogging up inventory than you can shake a stick at from the log on rewards.
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    yes i agree the price is high but as i do not pvp cyro (maybe for tickets at event time and map completion) and mainly stick to 4 person content i simply will refuse now to use any good potion if there is not any good group support in group and when there is i would need to use those potions much less anyway ! my potions now last forever, well enough to resupply with surveys and opportunistic gathering
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isteris wrote: »

i have more crown tri pots clogging up inventory than you can shake a stick at from the log on rewards.

That means you haven’t done enough combat related content to burn through them.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭

2e8pl8qjluc8.png

grjqq1hyoa3d.png

Ok let me get this straight since You seem to be trying really hard to avoid direct answers very simple questions.

What exact percentage value of Your total income comes from selling columbine? Is it majority of Your income? More or less how much money earned by You during lets say last 90 days was from selling columbine compared to all the other items? 10%,? 20,30? These are simple honest questions and I expect simple honest answers.

I fail to see why it's any of your business the percentages. They have answered and why should they take the time to go get percentages for you?
    What they say is valid. People will go to a trader to buy columbine and wind up buying other items while they are there. They are not saying Columbine itself is a huge income (though it likely is), what they are also saying is that its a draw for customers to come to a certain trader who will spend gold on OTHER items as well.... the value is more than just the Columbine itself, and that would be nearly impossible to go get an actual percentage of sales on because it impacts every seller that customer buys from, not just the Columbine seller.
    I've never understood the whining that comes from an item that is free and plentiful to obtain. If you don't like to farm, that's fine, no problem, but if you still want the product then you are essentially paying others to do those hours for you, so you don't have to and can go do what you want to do.
    People like myself that may want a certain item (armor, weapon, etc.) that I don't want, or like, to farm myself, I pay whatever that item is going for to people who DO farm for it. And I never complain about it. They've done the work for me and thank you.
    Stop blaming sellers for what they charge for the item or how much gold they make off it. If people will pay that for the item, then sellers can and will sell it for that. If people don't want to pay for it then they will farm it themselves and the price will drop.
    That said, if ZoS introduced Tri-Stat potions I really wouldn't care either. As someone else said, the price on something else will go up, as it always does.
  • Isteris
    Isteris
    ✭✭✭

That means you haven’t done enough combat related content to burn through them.

no that just means horses for courses, i dont use pots unless the content requires it, eg vma in under 1 hour with no power ups or pots but a build designed for the content, vet dlc dungeons mostly dont need pots , again down to build. prog group vet trials now thats a different thing they need a lot of good pots not crown tri pots.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    no that just means horses for courses, i dont use pots unless the content requires it, eg vma in under 1 hour with no power ups or pots but a build designed for the content, vet dlc dungeons mostly dont need pots , again down to build. prog group vet trials now thats a different thing they need a lot of good pots not crown tri pots.

I feel like this is another example of 'missing the point.'

"The Good Pots" for tanks are Bugloss, Columbine, Mountain Flower, which restores all three resources and gives regen for 48 secs (the health regen is 52 sec). The crown pots restore the same resources for the same amount and the same lengths of time for the regen (the health regen is the same as the other two). That's the only difference - health regen for a bit longer.

Now if you're a DPS or healer, you want the spell/weapon pots. Or, you know, the Alliance Pots (which are the same as the crafted ones). And that's what you use in trial progs, dungeons, vMA, etc.

So yes, tanks need either Crown Pots or the crafted ones since they don't have an AP source like the other roles do. And the tank mains around here all go through their daily reward pots really quickly, meanwhile DPS mains have them for days.

Tanking is by far the most expensive role because of the consumables you need (not to mention the fact that you need 50 golded sets in reserve since you can't just get away with "Rele and Pillar of Nirn" for everything).

Now I know PvPers also use tripots like candy because they need to play differently than DPS in trial groups. Again, the Crown ones are essentially the same as the crafted ones, but the crafted ones require Columbine.

So yes, adding an AP source of tripots isn't about "omg this is expensive and I'm lazy!!" It's more "two out of three standard roles have an AP source for their basic pots, so why doesn't the third standard role?"
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I can get >1k gold for a single Columbine I’m willing to spend more time harvesting. Then more Columbines in the guild store.
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    3wrb0vdz0p1d.png
    subarctic wrote: »
    If I can get >1k gold for a single Columbine I’m willing to spend more time harvesting. Then more Columbines in the guild store.

its closer to 2k per at the moment
    Edited by Daoin on October 17, 2023 1:47PM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am in the middle of the pack here. I use some tripots in content as both a tank, a healer, and in pvp. I also rarely need to farm mats because I do a lot of questing and overland content, and pick up everything I see, and I do daily crafting and do my alchemy surveys.

I don't buy or sell columbine. I probably have +/- 50 in my inventory.

I would be entirely nuetral on if they sold tripots for alliance points. I would probably pick up a stack to use or sell now and again.
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything the price of every other mat needs to be that high. They sell for hilariously low amounts relatively speaking. if you care about harvesting to make gold stopping to harvest non columbine nodes is a loss because you could have been looking for/picking columbine instead. So there's no real incentive to pick up other mats when you can just speed run more columbine.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have an idea, instead of making Tri-Pots available for AP, which is just a bandaid to a much larger problem, why not stop making everything soulbound?

I'd be happy to pay 10-20M gold for Lead: Inkwood Box

That's 5-10k columbine right there at 'current market rate'.

Surely that lasts someone for a while? 100-200 stacks of pots? That's 263.8-527.7 hours of using potions on cooldown.

I'm sure that there would be a market for selling the 'entitlement' to use the Legate Black dye too, which is arguably the best black dye in the game.

I definitely would have paid pretty penny for it instead of having to endure PvPing for 30M and change AP.

In the time it took me, PvP-averse person who is also PvP challenged and plays with equally (un)suited players, to grind 30M AP a daily writ/harvesting averse player could have easily built their own Columbine Empire.

And so on and so forth. Those are just two examples of what could be a component to a thriving economy.

There are always parts of the game that players won't particularly enjoy engaging with, turn them into an opportunity instead of insisting on making them a burden.

Edited by ApoAlaia on October 17, 2023 3:13PM
  • Isteris
    Isteris
    ✭✭✭

I feel like this is another example of 'missing the point.'

"The Good Pots" for tanks are Bugloss, Columbine, Mountain Flower, which restores all three resources and gives regen for 48 secs (the health regen is 52 sec). The crown pots restore the same resources for the same amount and the same lengths of time for the regen (the health regen is the same as the other two). That's the only difference - health regen for a bit longer.

Now if you're a DPS or healer, you want the spell/weapon pots. Or, you know, the Alliance Pots (which are the same as the crafted ones). And that's what you use in trial progs, dungeons, vMA, etc.

So yes, tanks need either Crown Pots or the crafted ones since they don't have an AP source like the other roles do. And the tank mains around here all go through their daily reward pots really quickly, meanwhile DPS mains have them for days.

Tanking is by far the most expensive role because of the consumables you need (not to mention the fact that you need 50 golded sets in reserve since you can't just get away with "Rele and Pillar of Nirn" for everything).

Now I know PvPers also use tripots like candy because they need to play differently than DPS in trial groups. Again, the Crown ones are essentially the same as the crafted ones, but the crafted ones require Columbine.

So yes, adding an AP source of tripots isn't about "omg this is expensive and I'm lazy!!" It's more "two out of three standard roles have an AP source for their basic pots, so why doesn't the third standard role?"

I take your point but my main and off tank seems not to require a lot of tri pots during vet trials however you are quite right about the amount of sets I have carry. The killer ingredient for me is dragon rheum for speed and minor heroism. My preferred set up is perfected puncturing remedy with balance taking care of health and mag also that keeps me just above the cap, stam replaced by heavy attack on a 40k health tank. Build again, I'm not an elite tank but I keep my group buffed, I don't die often and look after my own needs when the healers are busy. I don't think im missing the point saying that unless you are score pushing, build has a big part in what volume of pots you are going need.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not saying they won't and I support the idea, I just don't expect it to happen anytime in the next 6 months.
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a friend who before she quit had 245k Alkahest. I thought I had a lot so I asked to see what else she had. At least I occasionally try to force others to take my endless provisioning mats and such. She had like 35k columbine and I was like "have you never sold nor used any?" So weird, a lot of potential gold sitting there.

The only reason there's even enough alchemy mats is due to people like me who force all 20 characters to do writs and go to Remains-Silent for the 15 alchemy mats (or alliance potions) every day. I sell whatever I have over 3000 mostly just so PvPers can make potions.

Those who never PvP probably wouldn't understand that you can easily use up 200 in a night.

When you do 140 writs a day some materials build up to the point where it doesn't even make sense to spend hours vendoring them, they just continue to grow.

Then again, even more strange is that Remain-Silent has now given me about 1100 poisoned blood (furnishing item). I could fill quite a few houses to their limit with just little vials of blood. Sometimes I make sculptures with them.
  • lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    I don't rely on potions for game play so don't have a problem with it.

Maybe it's the content you are playing?
  • manukartofanu
    manukartofanu
    ✭✭✭
    Implementing a 'Tri-stat for AP' doesn't address the core issues. It simply inflates the value of AP, which in turn raises the value of all materials sourced from Cyrodiil. Essentially, what's being proposed is to take away from those who farm alchemical ingredients and benefit those who engage in PvP.