Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Columbine prices are getting out of hand.

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    Sorry, how much is Columbine going for atm? I have around 450 on me and if that could pay for a house (or at least some bloody Heartwood) then I'd be happy.

Depends on your server, but PC EU is an average of 2k+ per columbine.

Have people just gotten lazy and don't grind for mats?

One player's gain is another player's loss. If everyone grinded mats there wouldn't be enough mats for everyone. Imagine spending 2 hours of your free time competing with other people just to pick up a few columbine lol. What a waste of time. I already experienced that in New World and got totally bored. There should be other ways to access one of the most important mat in the game.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    One player's gain is another player's loss. If everyone grinded mats there wouldn't be enough mats for everyone. Imagine spending 2 hours of your free time competing with other people just to pick up a few columbine lol. What a waste of time. I already experienced that in New World and got totally bored. There should be other ways to access one of the most important mat in the game.

But there is another way to get those mats. You play the game for 2 hours in any way you like, sell rewards you don't need, and buy columbine or tri-stat pots on guild traders.

Please try to understand that changing the game to make your life easier can make it less fun for others. The upcoming change to grains/platings is a perfect example. Yes, it will be easier for everyone to gold out all their jewels (although they will likely be disappointed when they see how low the dps difference is). No, this isn't a good thing across the board. For lots of traders, myself included, platings have been a major source of income for a long time. Which in turn helps us support our guilds to pay the outrageous weekly trader fees. We don't get these mats in some magical way, we just put in the work. We run daily writs on 20 characters, spend an extra hour every couple of days clearing our surveys, and dismount to pick up every resource node we see.

If zos makes a change that results in columbine prices dropping, that's yet another reason for traders to start looking for a new game. Guess what would happen if the majority of serious traders starts playing a different game? Good luck finding that one columbine listing in an ocean of new moon priest pages and other useless stuff....
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markets adjust when any particular item falls or rises in price. The market would correct itself. There's no real threat that there wouldn't always be traders. What they choose to sell might change, but there will always be people trading items in the game until servers shutdown.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 13, 2023 6:54AM
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    loosej wrote: »

But there is another way to get those mats. You play the game for 2 hours in any way you like, sell rewards you don't need, and buy columbine or tri-stat pots on guild traders.

Please try to understand that changing the game to make your life easier can make it less fun for others. The upcoming change to grains/platings is a perfect example. Yes, it will be easier for everyone to gold out all their jewels (although they will likely be disappointed when they see how low the dps difference is). No, this isn't a good thing across the board. For lots of traders, myself included, platings have been a major source of income for a long time. Which in turn helps us support our guilds to pay the outrageous weekly trader fees. We don't get these mats in some magical way, we just put in the work. We run daily writs on 20 characters, spend an extra hour every couple of days clearing our surveys, and dismount to pick up every resource node we see.

If zos makes a change that results in columbine prices dropping, that's yet another reason for traders to start looking for a new game. Guess what would happen if the majority of serious traders starts playing a different game? Good luck finding that one columbine listing in an ocean of new moon priest pages and other useless stuff....

Don't want to go too much into this because I don't want to derail the thread but yeah, where I can see why the move of bringing jewellery crafting in line with the other crafts might have its merit it doesn't change the fact that it has been a significant short-term blow for some of us.

Selling crafted gold jewellery, buying popular PvP jewellery from the golden during Mayhem and selling it months later for profit, these are just some of the ways how it brought an income.

Is not like it sold like hotcakes - hence having stock left - but it did sell.

However the moment they announced the changes on the live stream out of the blue some of us found ourselves seeing the gold in our storage turn into lead before our eyes.

Needless to say I have little appetite left for more... interventions.

Edited by ApoAlaia on October 13, 2023 7:34AM
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    I literally had to look at when this post was made because I've picked probably 2 stacks in the past week without even actively farming anything. I've just been doing normal zone questing and have picked that much....
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gamer559 wrote: »
    I literally had to look at when this post was made because I've picked probably 2 stacks in the past week without even actively farming anything. I've just been doing normal zone questing and have picked that much....

Maybe some people don't go around doing normal quests travelling overland and maybe they have different needs from yours.

• XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    Sorry, how much is Columbine going for atm? I have around 450 on me and if that could pay for a house (or at least some bloody Heartwood) then I'd be happy.

Depends on your server, but PC EU is an average of 2k+ per columbine.

Have people just gotten lazy and don't grind for mats?

Nope, columbine is just needed for far too many BiS things considering its lowered drop rate (it tends to drop slightly less flowers than other alchemy ingredients do on average and I'm fairly certain the spawn rate of the specific flower is lower as well).

True that Columbine is needed for to many bis stuff potions/food.

I dont know about spawn on nodes but in alchemy satchels for tel war you get alot of Columbine.

For example if I buy alot of satchels i useally get like 5-6 stacks of bugloss and 10 stacks of Columbine along with other flowers, I dont think its rng since i have been buying them for about 2 years.

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the change to jewelry crafting was absolutely necessary, it honestly should have never been put in the game like it was

and yes, i always sold my chromium plates too because of the absurd cost of them

i think they will still be one of the most expensive tempers, it just wont cost 500k for 1 unit
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ah so you’re a trader, and you enjoy selling things and socializing with your guild. You also have a decent amount of gold to buy columbine from trading.

That’s great for you! But here’s the thing. What you enjoy doing just happens to be giving you plenty of gold to afford the things we PvPer can’t. What we enjoy doing, which is PvP, also happens to not give as much gold. Columbine is a key component for many things in the game and it costs a lot of gold.

Guess what? While your activity generates more gold, ours doesn’t. Why should we go out of our way to do things we DON’T like doing, while you guys don’t have to? I mean, the same argument is used everytime PvErs are forced to join Cyrodiil for motifs and such. Why should they right?

Here’s the difference. Motifs only need to be gathered once. Columbine needs to be constantly gathered. Telling us PvPers to waste 2 hours of farming 50-100 Columbine everyday while you guys enjoy trading and making gold is just not an argument of good faith.

We only ask for Tri potions to be purchasable with AP. I would personally never step foot outside of Cyrodiil if I could buy tri pots with AP. Nobody here wants to waste time doing things they don’t enjoy. What if ZOS suddenly forces you to participate in PvP for 2 hours every day before you can use the guild trader. That wouldn’t be fun no? Us PvPers feel the same way.
    Edited by StaticWave on October 13, 2023 6:29PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• o_Primate_o
    o_Primate_o
    ✭✭✭
    Easier to farm gold and buy than farm mats
    Xbox NASLEDGEHAMMER X
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AstroST wrote: »

Maybe some people don't go around doing normal quests travelling overland and maybe they have different needs from yours.

Then maybe those people should pay market prices.

Not gonna judge how people get there mats. Because on the one hand you can farm all but the rarest mats in game for free with a time investment, and on the other you can spend 100% of your gold on buying mats with minimal time investment.

Those are the trade offs and the extremes. Find your balance and work with it.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Easier to farm gold and buy than farm mats

If it works then it works. But it only works if someone actually does the farming and is willing to sell it. Otherwise the price will just keep increasing.

Better to just do those surveys or farm that tel var
  • harvey07
    harvey07
    ✭✭✭
    let the potions be sold at pvp vendors...BUT make them bound.

i do not pvp and only auction my columbine when i want to get a few sales on the books...since they are immediate sellers. otherwise....they just collect in my crafting bag like all other items.

• Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How much are the satchels in Tel Var?
    I've probably looked at it before (a while ago), but so far, I spend my Tel Var on Hakeijo and Monster shoulders.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Wolfkeks
      Wolfkeks
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      How much are the satchels in Tel Var?
      I've probably looked at it before (a while ago), but so far, I spend my Tel Var on Hakeijo and Monster shoulders.

500 Tel Var
      "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
      EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
      Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    • Túrin_Vidsmidr
      Túrin_Vidsmidr
      ✭✭✭
      stuff is everywhere, somebody was skipping alchemist writs.
      c6japgsv0mta.png
      The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
    • AstroST
      AstroST
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      wolfie1.0. wrote: »
      AstroST wrote: »

Then maybe those people should pay market prices.

Not gonna judge how people get there mats. Because on the one hand you can farm all but the rarest mats in game for free with a time investment, and on the other you can spend 100% of your gold on buying mats with minimal time investment.

Those are the trade offs and the extremes. Find your balance and work with it.

Spell and weapon Power pots have been added to the one you can buy with AP.
      Why tripots cant have the same treatment?
      [snip]
      [edited for minor baiting]
      Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 14, 2023 4:51PM
    • XSTRONG
      XSTRONG
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      harvey07 wrote: »
      let the potions be sold at pvp vendors...BUT make them bound.

Just what I thought! If they gonna sell all pots for AP just make them bound like the crown pots, so it dont interact with the gold economy to much.

If players still complain well pricy potions isnt the problem here.

I remember before they put spell power pots for AP, 1 stack of them on PsEu was 75k gold, now they at around 15-20k per stack.

Essence of health are 20-30k gold per stack now on ps5eu which I dont think is super expensive since its alot of farming from the players selling and no bots farming flowers.
    • h9dlb
      h9dlb
      ✭✭✭✭
      It's free out of the ground !
    • EF321
      EF321
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      PvP, also happens to not give as much gold
      While your activity generates more gold, ours doesn’t.

This is very not true.

Past 3 months of sales history that I have left are probably the worst and most boring that I could've shown from PvP sourced sales this year, and yet it still looks like this (that is not everything either, just what I found in my sales bunched up together and lazily cropped):
      cuwlumxm2rbj.png
    • XSTRONG
      XSTRONG
      ✭✭✭✭✭

notyuu wrote: »
      You want easy columbine (and other reagents)
      Go to imperal city
      Get 500 stones (which takes ~90 mins topside)
      Buy a Waxed Apothecary's Satchel in your alliance base
      Recieve 6-12 of a bunch of random reagents
      rinse and repeat

90 mins to get 500 telwar?

Even without any flags it only takes a few mins to get 500 telwar from mobs.
      Edited by XSTRONG on October 14, 2023 6:50PM
    • Galeriano
      Galeriano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      EF321 wrote: »

This is very not true.

Past 3 months of sales history that I have left are probably the worst and most boring that I could've shown from PvP sourced sales this year, and yet it still looks like this (that is not everything either, just what I found in my sales bunched up together and lazily cropped):
      cuwlumxm2rbj.png

Context matters. Majority of that history comes from selling items that You've got during event that occurs once or twice per year and after changes to jewelery crafting that are incoming that method will notice big drop of income. So it will be unstable and mediocre source of income. Funnily enough I got half of that money just by doing vAS HM for few days in a row since I got polymprph 3 times during IR progression so yeah PvE happens to give more gold. You can cherrypick plenty of PvE sourced items that give significant amounts of gold per sale.

Also with current prices of columbine and considering they will be still increasing all the money You've earned during that 90 days would not be enough to cover expenses spend just on consumables for someone focused on PvP for 90 days. Right now considering potions and food buffs we are talking about spending even 250-400k gold per day depends which server You are playing. That literally means with all Your PvP sales You wouldn't be able to cover Your basic needs for consumables, that are essnetial to be effective on certain setups.
      Edited by Galeriano on October 14, 2023 7:23PM
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It'd be nice if we could place nodes in our houses to be harvested once a day. Like gardening/farming.
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    • Galeriano
      Galeriano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ArchMikem wrote: »
      It'd be nice if we could place nodes in our houses to be harvested once a day. Like gardening/farming.

Problem with methods like that is that they propably wouldn't be efficient on a large scale. Like how much flowers You think ZoS would let us make per day? Definietly not enough to cover even a fraction of our needs and many people would still store their materials instead of filling the market. It would be a nice addition for sure but definietly not a problem solver.
      Edited by Galeriano on October 14, 2023 7:28PM
    • smallhammer
      smallhammer
      ✭✭
      While I agree with the price of Columbine being very steep, all you have to do is spend an hour or so every now and then in Coldharbour. There Columbine spawns frequently
    • XSTRONG
      XSTRONG
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Galeriano wrote: »

This is very not true.

cuwlumxm2rbj.png

Context matters. Majority of that history comes from selling items that You've got during event that occurs once or twice per year and after changes to jewelery crafting that are incoming that method will notice big drop of income. So it will be unstable and mediocre source of income. Funnily enough I got half of that money just by doing vAS HM for few days in a row since I got polymprph 3 times during IR progression so yeah PvE happens to give more gold. You can cherrypick plenty of PvE sourced items that give significant amounts of gold per sale.

Also with current prices of columbine and considering they will be still increasing all the money You've earned during that 90 days would not be enough to cover expenses spend just on consumables for someone focused on PvP for 90 days. Right now considering potions and food buffs we are talking about spending even 250-400k gold per day depends which server You are playing. That literally means with all Your PvP sales You wouldn't be able to cover Your basic needs for consumables, that are essnetial to be effective on certain setups.

250-400k gold per day to play pvp on pc i guess? Uhm ok.

Most op foods last 2 hours which means if you buy 100 sugar skulls you have food for 200 hours of pure gameplay.

1 potion is 45sec which means if you pop 1 potion constantly 1 stack last for 2.5 hours " if you constantly pop it"

Thats a a pretty long constant in combat
      Edited by XSTRONG on October 14, 2023 8:02PM
    • Galeriano
      Galeriano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      XSTRONG wrote: »
      Galeriano wrote: »

This is very not true.

cuwlumxm2rbj.png

250-400k gold per day to play pvp on pc i guess? Uhm ok.

Most op foods last 2 hours which means if you buy 100 sugar skulls you have food for 200 hours of pure gameplay.

1 potion is 45sec which means if you pop 1 potion constantly 1 stack last for 2.5 hours " if you constantly pop it"

Thats a a pretty long constant in combat

Most OP food isn't sugar skulls but orzorga's smoked bear hunch. Sustaining both resources is more important in hybrydization era than having higher max values. It costs around 20k gold. So for someone who would play 4+ hours daily it's around 40k gold just to cover food costs. There is cheaper alternative called jewels of misrule but it's just weaker. Using more than one stack of potions per 4-5 hours of PvP is also nothing uncommon.
    • StaticWave
      StaticWave
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

This is very not true.

cuwlumxm2rbj.png

Again, not an argument of good faith, considering those golden rings only come up once every few months during Midyear Mayhem. I've made a lot of gold from selling Deadly and Rallying Cry jewelries, but can you honestly say it's a sustainable method?

This is not mentioning the fact that those rings will momentarily decrease in value during Midyear Mayhem due to the surge of people selling them in guild traders. I have to wait for a month or two after Midyear Mayhem to sell them at normal prices. As PvPers, we are constantly burning through our gold testing new builds and buying expensive consumables such as Orzoga Smoke Bear Haunch or Tri-stat potions. How am I supposed to sustain my potion usage and build testing during those months? I can't sell them for cheap either, as that would defeat the purpose of stocking them up.

How about just let us buy Tri-stat potions with AP? We PvPers only need Columbine for a gold food, tri-stat potions, and some specific potions like Immovability. It would greatly help us if we could play the game without needing to waste our time doing things we don't enjoy :smile:

Edited by StaticWave on October 15, 2023 4:46AM
      Platform:
      PC NA

Main:

• StaticWave
      StaticWave
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Here's the price of a stack of Tri-stat potions:
      9ckjbjwmu0ik.png

Here's the price of Orzoga:
      cahhjpmigzfd.png

Potion cooldown is 45s, and Orzoga food lasts 2h50m. Assuming you use potions off cooldown, then in 2 hours you would have consumed 160 potions. That's a total of 225600 + 25000 = 250600 gold per 2 hours, or 125300 gold/hour.

That's the upkeep cost of PvPing. There's also theory crafting cost that I haven't factored in. If you just copy people's builds, then you won't have to endure much of the cost. However, if you're like me who constantly try new builds, then the cost is HUGE. I've spent over 15 million gold in a week from just testing out different builds. I'm currently broke because all the gold I saved up has been spent lol.

The point is PvP rewards are extremely mediocre. Even IC, a map where PvPers can make gold, still forces you to do PvE to actually get gold (by killing Bosses for Telvar). Competition is fierce there too, as PvPers will constantly hunt each other to steal Telvar. Meanwhile, I can get a good vDSA group and sell carry runs for a couple mil a piece. If I have a decent trial group, I can sell title achievements for even more gold.

You know what I can make a lot of? AP. In 2 hours I can make more than enough AP to buy 2 stacks of AP potions. If Tri-stat potion was purchasable with AP, then it would actually be a decent source of sustainable income for PvPers.
      Platform:
      PC NA

Main:

• SeaGtGruff
      SeaGtGruff
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      XSTRONG wrote: »
      notyuu wrote: »
      You want easy columbine (and other reagents)
      Go to imperal city
      Get 500 stones (which takes ~90 mins topside)
      Buy a Waxed Apothecary's Satchel in your alliance base
      Recieve 6-12 of a bunch of random reagents
      rinse and repeat

90 mins to get 500 telwar?

Even without any flags it only takes a few mins to get 500 telwar from mobs.

They said "topside," which I assumed meant "tops" or "at most," meaning you should be able to do it in much less time than that, but even if you're terrified of or allergic to PvP and stayed up on the safe platforms then you could still get 500 Tel Var in 90 minutes or less.

Or maybe they actually meant to type "5000" instead of "500"?
      I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!