Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Columbine prices are getting out of hand.

• EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    EF321 wrote: »
    PvP, also happens to not give as much gold
    While your activity generates more gold, ours doesn’t.

This is very not true.

Past 3 months of sales history that I have left are probably the worst and most boring that I could've shown from PvP sourced sales this year, and yet it still looks like this (that is not everything either, just what I found in my sales bunched up together and lazily cropped):
    cuwlumxm2rbj.png

Again, not an argument of good faith, considering those golden rings only come up once every few months during Midyear Mayhem. I've made a lot of gold from selling Deadly and Rallying Cry jewelries, but can you honestly say it's a sustainable method?

This is not mentioning the fact that those rings will momentarily decrease in value during Midyear Mayhem due to the surge of people selling them in guild traders. I have to wait for a month or two after Midyear Mayhem to sell them at normal prices. As PvPers, we are constantly burning through our gold testing new builds and buying expensive consumables such as Orzoga Smoke Bear Haunch or Tri-stat potions. How am I supposed to sustain my potion usage and build testing during those months? I can't sell them for cheap either, as that would defeat the purpose of stocking them up.

How about just let us buy Tri-stat potions with AP? We PvPers only need Columbine for a gold food, tri-stat potions, and some specific potions like Immovability. It would greatly help us if we could play the game without needing to waste our time doing things we don't enjoy :smile:

Of course you'll have to adjust what you sell depending on the season, what is available and what is in demand. At that moment conversion of AP to Gold via mayhem jewelry was a good way, right before two consecutive mayhems there were other things to sell for big money, now even without jewelry as AP conversion method you still have gear coffers, can't complete set with just rings, they still want their daggers and ice staves... Spell pots and dawn prisms are always there with no gamble involved, for good, stable income.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is very not true.

Past 3 months of sales history that I have left are probably the worst and most boring that I could've shown from PvP sourced sales this year, and yet it still looks like this (that is not everything either, just what I found in my sales bunched up together and lazily cropped):
    cuwlumxm2rbj.png

Again, not an argument of good faith, considering those golden rings only come up once every few months during Midyear Mayhem. I've made a lot of gold from selling Deadly and Rallying Cry jewelries, but can you honestly say it's a sustainable method?

This is not mentioning the fact that those rings will momentarily decrease in value during Midyear Mayhem due to the surge of people selling them in guild traders. I have to wait for a month or two after Midyear Mayhem to sell them at normal prices. As PvPers, we are constantly burning through our gold testing new builds and buying expensive consumables such as Orzoga Smoke Bear Haunch or Tri-stat potions. How am I supposed to sustain my potion usage and build testing during those months? I can't sell them for cheap either, as that would defeat the purpose of stocking them up.

How about just let us buy Tri-stat potions with AP? We PvPers only need Columbine for a gold food, tri-stat potions, and some specific potions like Immovability. It would greatly help us if we could play the game without needing to waste our time doing things we don't enjoy :smile:

Of course you'll have to adjust what you sell depending on the season, what is available and what is in demand. At that moment conversion of AP to Gold via mayhem jewelry was a good way, right before two consecutive mayhems there were other things to sell for big money, now even without jewelry as AP conversion method you still have gear coffers, can't complete set with just rings, they still want their daggers and ice staves... Spell pots and dawn prisms are always there with no gamble involved, for good, stable income.

Gear coffers are too RNG based though. I spent 1 mil AP to try getting the Rallying Cry Ice staff but no luck lol. Alliance Spell Draughts aren't enough either, especially after Columbine price surge. They are now worth ~50k gold/stack, so it would require almost 6 stacks to buy 1 stack of tri-stat potions. That's almost 800k AP you have to farm.

Why not just give PvPers AP tri-stat potions? If people think it's going to ruin the normal tri-stat potion price, then they are wrong. Look at the price for Spell Power potions compared to AP Spell Draughts:

bkzq8xhi4uc4.png
    gh2v9iik6bcl.png
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is very not true.

cuwlumxm2rbj.png

It's also worth to notice that one of the main sources of PvP income which is selling golden jewelery that You get from weekly vendor will notice big drop in effectiveness after changes to jewelery crafting that are happening in 2 weeks. On the screenshot provided in earlier post that method was responsible for overwhelming majority of gold earned and soon it will bring noticably less money.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is very not true.

cuwlumxm2rbj.png

All methods mentioned other than selling golden jewelery are inefficient in a long run. And selling golden jewelery will also become inefficient soon.

I really don't understand what people are so affaraid of when it comes to introducing tristat pots to the AP vendor. Basically all argument against that can be disproven with the example of alliance spell draught helping to regulate prices of corn flower. Somehow market didn't implode after that addition yet people are claiming the same thing done to tristat potion would destroy economy. We know from a existing example that it wouldn't.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial city should only cost 10 percent of you due instead of losing 50 percent. Then people would be willing to adventure there for alchemy

🌺🌻🌼🪷🌸
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Possible Solutions:

1) Introduce AP versions of the Alchemist satchel that is in IC - adjusted for AP

2) Introduce Tri-Pots into PVP for AP - make it at an increased cost to account for its utility in PVP, and maybe require a rank threshold, i would not make it BOP because PVPers could profit off of PVE'rs that want this pot but don't want to PVP.

3) Rebalance Alchemy -- this is the one remaining area that has not been adjusted to the change in weapon and spell damage that merges the two. this leaves an opening for some changes. rather than granting both weapon and spell damage to both sets of reagents you make say weapon damage into the weapon/spell damage buff, and then you convert the ones that grant spell damage into buffs that compliment columbine as close as possible to duplicate tri-pots NOTE: this is an offf the cuff idea so please let me know if this would even work.

4) simply up columbine in the loot tables to account for its popularity

5) this is obligatory at this point for me, and i don't want to say it, but i will... place a hard cap on the craft bag for each mat Edit: or just remove it. yes i know its unpopluar and not going to happen.

Edited by wolfie1.0. on October 15, 2023 5:22PM
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Despite PvP population decreasing or at least not increasing, prices of PvP consumables are skyrocking. PvP has become expensive you have to pay 20k per unit orzagas smoked bear haunch/2 hours and up to 64k(80*800) for tripots. Having to spend addtional time farming mats/gold to craft/buy consumables definitely doesnt bring more people into Cyrodiil and makes already unpopular PvP even more unpopular.

Heroism pots alone are not the reason for columbine beeing so expensive, they require not only columbine, but also two even rarer and more expensive ingredients from dragons named dragon blood and dragon rheum that limit their availability before columbine does.
    Tripots definitely are what most columbine are used for, other than crown tripots the only way to get them is by crafting them with columbine. They are the alternative for everybody who doesnt want/ cant effort heroism pots and everybody who wants health+health regen over heroism.

Pots have always been an important and hard to replace sourse of sustain. Since hybridization players mix stamina and magicka skills much more equally, so players want to get both from pots.
    Heroism pots and Tripots are the only pots that give back both stamina and magicka. If there was a pot that gave back only magicka and stamina and nothing else(no third effekt), I would probably still take it over all pots not giving back stamina and magicka. Tripots are used not only by tanks but also by squishy PvP players and were used also in squishy metas, making them to expensive for most players (or delete them) is a very bad way to solve the tank meta if it solves it at all and beeing unable to sustain and constantly running out of ressoursses makes the game very unfun.
    Only PvP playstiles not using them are Ballgroups that sustain by synergys or playstiles that dont need sustain because they dont get in prolonged fights gankers, bombers, heavy attackers, Zerglings
    But not only heroism pots and tripots require columbine but almost all pots useful for PvP or tanking including:
    health+magicka+mag regen
    health+stamina+physical resi
    health+magicka+immoveable
    health+stamina+immoveable
    magicka+immoveable+savagery
    stamina+immoveable+savagery

So there is not really an alternative for heroism and tripots that doesnt require columbine, all alternatives need columbine too.
    To craft PvP/tank bufffood Betwitchet Sugar Skulls and juwels of misrule Columbine is also needed.

Farmers and Traders, the other opposition to tripots beeing sold for ap besides tank haters, dont have a right to keep high columbine prices to sell
    columbine expensive forever, they are already much higher than they should be and normally were, same as with multiple other Items. I think the preference of normal players to get what they need to play the game without spending half their playtime farming gold is more important than the preference of price dumpers playing eso as a trading simulation to collect unlimited gold just to collect gold.
    I dont think tripots beeing sold for ap insteat of gold is unfair for tanks because stam+brutality+savagery and mag+sorcery+savagery pots for pve dds are also sold for dds and it helped reduce the crit pot and cornflower prices and because real tanks are also not very many players, probably less than real pvp
    players. Real Tanks are only needed in Trials, vet DLC dungeons and vet 4man arenas. If tanks need tripots they can buy them in guild store from PvP players for less money than currently like pve dds already do with crit pots.
    There are 2 types of people who don't run out of columbine:

1) People who don't participate a lot in PvP content
    2) People who don't play tanks

If you don't fall into those 2 categories and still don't run out of columbine, then you aren't participating enough. I can burn through a stack of tri-pots in 2 hours of PvP or 2 hours of tanking (depending on how much I die).

I think @gariondavey and a few more people suggested purchasable tri-pots with AP, and that's a fantastic idea tbh.

Actually it is only one type of players:
    Players who don’t play tanks AND (not or)don‘t participate a lot in PvP content, It is only people who fall in both categorys and not in one of them. It is the Intersection and not the union of these 2 playstiles that doesnt need tripots. Easier to say the 2 types of players that run out of columbine are
    1)players who PvP
    2)players who tank
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: »
    Farmers and Traders, the other opposition to tripots beeing sold for ap besides tank haters, dont have a right to keep high columbine prices to sell
    columbine expensive forever, they are already much higher than they should be and normally were, same as with multiple other Items. I think the paWreference of normal players to get what they need to play the game without spending half their playtime farming gold is more important than the preference of price dumpers playing eso as a trading simulation to collect unlimited gold just to collect gold.

What you are saying here, is that in this roleplaying game... your playstyle is far more important than mine... so important that developers should intervene and make game more convenient and easy for you and further isolate your playstyle from the rest of the game, while simultaneously diminishing my gameplay experience...

• maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having a tri-pot sold at the pvp vendor for AP is a great idea. They should do it. It would benefit everyone.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    columbine expensive forever, they are already much higher than they should be and normally were, same as with multiple other Items. I think the paWreference of normal players to get what they need to play the game without spending half their playtime farming gold is more important than the preference of price dumpers playing eso as a trading simulation to collect unlimited gold just to collect gold.

What you are saying here, is that in this roleplaying game... your playstyle is far more important than mine... so important that developers should intervene and make game more convenient and easy for you and further isolate your playstyle from the rest of the game, while simultaneously diminishing my gameplay experience...

It can’t be simplified to a matter of one individual’s playstyle vs another’s, though, especially when columbine is just one of many commodities on the market but is literally irreplaceable in the food, potions, and poisons that require it.

Many players are engaged in activities where there is a lot of pressure to use columbine-based food, potions, and/or poisons. The ratio of demand to supply is an increasing source of friction for those who want to continue participating in those activities regularly. The more friction something causes, the greater an interest the developers have in alleviating that friction to help keep players engaged. It’s especially important to do so when there are other sources of friction that the developers cannot help (e.g. players’ families, jobs, etc.) or have shown they will not change as part of their approach to development (e.g. constant alterations to combat resulting in significant fatigue).

As the cost of affording so many of the in-game activities one finds fun increasingly overshadows the fun itself, people will understandably turn to other games or non-gaming activities that they feel respect their time more. From the perspective of the game, its devs, and its player base as a whole, that is a loss much greater than any amount of in-game gold.

Columbine is just one of many things players can sell to make gold. There will still be a market and ways to make gold if its price falls. A market playstyle will not be ruined or rendered unviable by a change in availability of one item as long as there are so many other things out there to sell. But without changes to the food, potions, and poisons mentioned previously in this thread, there often simply isn’t a viable alternative to columbine in those other contexts. If it continues to grow unchecked, the same pressure that is filling your virtual pocketbook is going to drive more and more people away, not only from the market but from many other areas of the game and even from the game itself.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What I got from that is that when one person's playstyle is interfering too much, then something needs to be done.

I think that type of thing usually applies to PvP balance, but I definitely think it also applies to trade. Gameplay basics aren't the same as cosmetics.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 16, 2023 8:04AM
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And what you are saying is that in this Massively multiplayer online game that your specific niche of gameplay is far more important than everyone else's gameplay and as such, the developers should not be rectifying a clear flaw in the game that is detrimental and diminishing to many other playstyles that they have already set a precedent and rectified in the past, but to keep it as it is because it is easy and beneficial exclusively to your small niche playstyle to the detriment of many others.

Can you see the flaw in your argument here? It is the epitome of entitlement to want to continue to force other players of multiple different playstyles to have a diminished and detrimental experience just to keep your niche experience as it currently is, especially when the solutions put forward have precedents that prove that they are not nearly as severely detrimental to your playstyle as you are trying to claim and are hugely beneficial to many other playstyles of the game (weapon/spell power pots being sold in AP vendors) and as such would help with the longevity and health of the overall game experience.

Every time I see an argument against adding tri-pots to AP vendors, I keep coming back to the point, how would gold traders feel if they were forced to participate in hours long PvP runs gaining millions of AP or complete a full trial tri-fecta run just to be able to access the part of the game they enjoy (trading on guild stores), that would include being able to open mail containing profit, bought items etc.
    That is what those who are speaking out here against the proposal of adding tri-stat pots to AP vendors are essentially telling other players that they must do just to be able to play their other parts of the game they enjoy.

It's not like people are asking for everything made from columbine to be added to AP vendors (which would completely kill the price of columbine), just the basic tri-pot which is a necessary basic consumable to many playstyles and as such should never be gatekept behind a massive paywall or long grind that is not enjoyable.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    If it continues to grow unchecked, the same pressure that is filling your virtual pocketbook is going to drive more and more people away, not only from the market but from many other areas of the game and even from the game itself.

Yep, and then the inevitable happens, the market dies because nobody can afford anything because the basics are horrendously overpriced and out of reach of new players (who won't bother to stick around seeing the prices of basics) and existing players will also refuse to pay for the same horrendously overpriced basics so the traders eventually just end up having all the gold and materials, but nobody to buy from or sell to and the market just eats itself until its dead.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial city should only cost 10 percent of you due instead of losing 50 percent. Then people would be willing to adventure there for alchemy

🌺🌻🌼🪷🌸

I dont know how much the alchemy containers give you in EA but I hope its worth it, if so it would be a safer farming place without any nightblades hiding in the corners.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me get this straight, Your whole playstyle is running around and collecting columbine specifically? That was sarcasm btw, I hope You get the point.
    Edited by Galeriano on October 16, 2023 12:06PM
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will do what they always do when the find out something is in high demand by players - nerf it.
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    just have a bunch of columbine and you'll never have to buy it. problem solved.

How much columbine exactly do you expect people to have?

I use up about 200 columbine in potions every week.
    You really expect people to have enough of that sitting around to never have to buy it again? lol

I tell you, ground is littered with these!
    z80s8zev8le0.png

I have 2,000 hours in the game, and have a hard time passing any resource node without harvesting it. I looked, and I only have 500. Either you have 60,000 hours in the game, or you're botting.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Making alchemy packs purchasable with AP would be a nice alternative. IC is dead and farming mobs there is just bleak content.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dk_dunkirk wrote: »

You really expect people to have enough of that sitting around to never have to buy it again? lol

z80s8zev8le0.png

I have 2,000 hours in the game, and have a hard time passing any resource node without harvesting it. I looked, and I only have 500. Either you have 60,000 hours in the game, or you're botting.

Nah. At some point I had over two times more than that and I wasn't botting. I must admit that opening parcels worth 10M tel vars in total was quite boring. At the peak of my farming era I was able to farm 250k tel vars per hour and during event I was getting over 500k tel vars per hour. The method I used though is gone after IC is no longer tied to Cyrodill.
    Edited by Galeriano on October 16, 2023 2:34PM
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dk_dunkirk wrote: »

z80s8zev8le0.png

so you can deduce their time played by the flowers you've picked. interesting.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zos could remove tripots from the game... that would also solve the issue...
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the end the issue is that both provisioning and alchemy skill trees need to be balanced again.

If the various foods and pots were classes and skill lines we would have had a dozen overhauls by now. There shouldn't be a reason for a few pots and a few foods to dominate builds like this.

But it won't happen.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »

Let me get this straight, Your whole playstyle is running around and collecting columbine specifically? That was sarcasm btw, I hope You get the point.

That's not far from what it is? Gather stuff I want or that has value -> sell excess and byproducts of gathering it -> buy stuff I don't have and don't want to farm -> do some content that involves spending what I have, be it chugging potions during combat or crafting and placing furniture in my home.
    Kind of like... playing whole game and not just one part of it? Trading and farming are big parts of the game, that are fun in their own way too.

Eliminate gathering, selling and buying here... why not just play on PTS then? You can do just housing -> housing -> housing here, or pvp -> pvp -> pvp without being involved in anything else.
    t0r5tr9p4gjd.png
    h1vmsz4xnn4i.png
  • ceruulean
    ceruulean
    ✭✭✭
    The ability to buy tri-pots for AP would be a nice way to increase the supply. Tank role is already the most time-consuming to gear in PvE. You are expected to own several sets, which means a lot of dungeon farm, farm tedious DSA for sword and board, farm Vateshran Hollows for add pull utility, grind enough CP to survive hard hitting bosses. Also you are supposed to use the most expensive prismatic enchantments, food and pots in the game? And tell me that I'm supposed to farm for mats/gold, or learn to be a good trader to fund my expenses on top of all the time sinks I already invested? Please give entry level tanks a break, lol. Columbine will still be expensive because of pvp poisons and foods.

The tri-pots can be costly, like 1200 AP each, to reflect their utility.
    Edited by ceruulean on October 16, 2023 3:51PM
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not far from what it is? Gather stuff I want or that has value -> sell excess and byproducts of gathering it -> buy stuff I don't have and don't want to farm -> do some content that involves spending what I have, be it chugging potions during combat or crafting and placing furniture in my home.
    Kind of like... playing whole game and not just one part of it? Trading and farming are big parts of the game, that are fun in their own way too.

Eliminate gathering, selling and buying here... why not just play on PTS then? You can do just housing -> housing -> housing here, or pvp -> pvp -> pvp without being involved in anything else.
    t0r5tr9p4gjd.png
    h1vmsz4xnn4i.png

So Your whole playstyle is not solely focused on columbine farming than?
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If columbine runs away in pricing unchecked all it does is price newer players out of raiding and PvP content. The top DPS classes in PvE use tripots or heroism pots, both with columbine. Tanks use tripots or heroism pots. Healers sometimes use tripots, and may use heroism pots.

I know I personally use about 800 tripots a week raiding. Farming gets me enough to make about 600 a week, in a week where I have no irl or other commitments interfering with my non-raid gaming time. So I'm actively contributing to the scarcity even though I farm whenever I'm able to do so.

Basically, if you're playing an arcanist or a DK in PvE content beyond normal difficulty you're using tripots. If you're playing an anything in PvP you're using tripots.

The fact is we just aren't using other potions or playing other classes. The balance needs to change somewhere, either at the consumables level or at the meta/comp level.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    It's a well known fact that inflation causes prices of all crafting materials go to up, but when it comes to this specific flower it became disproportionally expensive lately. On PC EU average price started to go above 2k gold. It's not an issues that touches me personally since I have plenty of gold stored but when I try to help some newer players by reccomending some setups for them especially for PvP it's becoming really difficult to reccomend them using tristat potions as their main consumable because some of these people will simply won't be able to afford that playstyle.

I think ZoS could come up with countermeasures similar to what they did with corn flower when price of that material also started to skyrocket. Back then they introduced equivalent of spell power potions to the PvP vendor and it worked like a charm. It would be really nice if tristat pots would be treated the same way. This would allow to make price of columbine way lower while it would still be desired flower for those who need it for different kinds of potions like for example heroism+magicka+stamina pots or detection+immovability+magicka/stamina pots. It would also be a nice way to revitalize a piece of content where the currency to buy these potions would be obtained.

Prices on Just about anything in Trade anymore is out of hand now days expecially when ya compare to PS5 prices all driven by greed of money for in game money sadely.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

t0r5tr9p4gjd.png
    h1vmsz4xnn4i.png

As in 100%, of course not :) But it is a major part of the loop, one of the few flowers worth stopping for and very important trading tool, as in... bringing PvP players to our shops at all. There is little trading if potential customers are self-sufficient and don't need to buy anything.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

t0r5tr9p4gjd.png
    h1vmsz4xnn4i.png

As in 100%, of course not :) But it is a major part of the loop, one of the few flowers worth stopping for and very important trading tool, as in... bringing PvP players to our shops at all. There is little trading if potential customers are self-sufficient and don't need to buy anything.

Are You saying that majority of Your total trading income comes from selling columbine?
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution to inflation is increasing supply in the market.

I'm sure PC EU numbers aren't great right now. We need Crossplay.