Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think its worse they keep telling us they will "update us with more information soon" and not telling us anything than just saying, "Still working on it, Hang in there!"

*Edit* And then they tell us after I post this
    Edited by SuperJChat on April 2, 2014 1:00PM
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys act like this sort of thing is completely new in Gaming History. It's not! This is how UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE works! So many people were whinging about bugs, and things got serious enough, they said "We have to fix this to make people happy." And then the second they announce downtime everyone's like "GET A ROPE! LET'S GO KEEL THEM FOR THE DOWNTIMES!" And now that downtime is taking a while everyone's like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, AND WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?" Answering EITHER of those questions is a bad idea for any game developer or host....

A.> GIVING YOU AN ETA ON UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE IS ASKING YOU TO CRY MORE LATER. If they don't fix what's broken in the time they said it was "likely" going to take, you're going to be upset with them all over again for going over their estimated time. Fact of life. This is why game developers and hosts no longer give ETAs for UNSCHEDULED maintenance.

B.> They aren't telling you what's broken, and what they're doing to fix it, BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL BUSY FIXING IT. Having someone constantly explaining the intricacies of fixing all the bugs they left in the game, is someone they have to take away from the team that's working to fix them, that means it'll take longer for them to finish. OH WAIT I HAVE A BRIGHT IDEA! LET'S TELL THEM AFTER WE FIX THEM WHAT WAS WRONG! <-- That's the right way of doing things.

C.> This isn't a rant. Although I'm not a game developer, I've been in the IT Field and involved in Systems roll outs, upgrades and implementations for about 15 years. Be it a gaming company, or someone that hosts business applications, the complaints are always the same.

Hopefully this post at least makes you think a little bit! Praise to the Nine Divines!

FYI ranting ended like 4 hours ago.

Now we're too tired to rant and posting cat pics. keep up!
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Ceila wrote: »
    Mortelus wrote: »
    Rock, paper, scissors anyone?

I will go first...

3... Rock.

3...Spock

hmmm... good move there!

3...Jellypig
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Goretex
    Goretex
    probably the obama admin running this, sounds like something this admin would do.
  • avantre
    avantre
    ✭✭
    To be honest the only reason I'm staying up for the server to get up is so that I can free up 3 bag slots by researching new traits on the carpentry/blacksmith/clothing lines and feed my horse another inventory upgrade. 4 precious bag slots are more important to someone crafting multiple craft lines than any amount of sleep.
  • dcarpent72
    dcarpent72
    ✭✭
    Zaggolf wrote: »
    Did someone say shortly??????

naw... someone called me "shorty"
  • yezuu
    yezuu
    stage 2
  • Faked
    Faked
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting that information Jessica
    Heeeeyyyyyyy Yoooouuuuuu Guys!!!!!!!
  • MattoxMaodhun
    MattoxMaodhun
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ Thank you. That was indeed informative and an Update.
  • Brynnza
    Brynnza
    ✭✭
    ahonma_ESO wrote: »
    Can you imagine trying to snuggle with an Argonian?

Yet another reason to rid Tamriel of their scaly scourge.

Some like it rough?
    What Jessica woke up to

riot.png

Why do we Aussies and the Kiwi's always cop the brunt of these things.. So true..
    Brynnza - Lighter, Darker, Colours.
  • Sarah_Lynn
    Sarah_Lynn
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah_Lynn wrote: »
    When the server is down it makes me want to eat, is that normal?

Probably due to not eating because being fixated on the screen for so long before downtime.

Possibly.
    I spend way too much time and money on this game.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just posted the more detailed explanation mentioned earlier this morning. Here's what it says.
    Last night a few North American users reported inventory-related issues with their character account, such as seeing additional inventory items appear, or seeing items that were not earned through gameplay. We've identified and fixed the problem, but the issue necessitated some downtime overnight for the North American megaserver. This problem has not manifested on the European server, so it continues to run as normal. The fix will be implemented as soon as all required pre-testing is complete this morning.

We were already planning to push a new game build to both servers this morning, and we will continue to work towards this. Stay tuned for complete patch note shortly. In addition to this aforementioned priority fix, we are also working quickly to restore our 'send in-game mail' functionality, some content blocking fixes that are preventing some users from finishing quests, and a few other tweaks. Our goal is to have all of these fixes initiated later this morning, eastern US time.

We will update this post as soon as we have an exact timeline for the service to be restored.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2?new=1

The question on everybody's mind:

Can we get a rough ballpark ETA? Because you ladies and gentleman have been dangling a carrot in front of us.

That's why people are agitated. Some of us have been here almost 8 hours waiting around, and seeing "Soon(tm)" messages.

If someone had told us 8 hours ago "We'll be down for a while, please check in in the morning" I would have gone to sleep.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SuperJChat wrote: »
    Faked wrote: »
    you had paint on your f5 key.... must be a new keyboard.
    Probably recently discovered [F5], mine is just a hole with the rubber *** left
    *shrugs* Personally, I don't frequent forums and social networks so don't really use it, my f5 is pretty much intact after several years.

Also, the thread is seriously growing faster than I'm reading it .__.
  • Rukur
    Rukur
    ✭✭
    avantre wrote: »
    To be honest the only reason I'm staying up for the server to get up is so that I can free up 3 bag slots by researching new traits on the carpentry/blacksmith/clothing lines and feed my horse another inventory upgrade. 4 precious bag slots are more important to someone crafting multiple craft lines than any amount of sleep.

OMG I totally forgot about my horse...Poor guy.
  • Loctite
    Loctite
    I wonder why the EU sever was not affected by this?
    Edited by Loctite on April 2, 2014 1:00PM
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    Holy *** i'm trying to catch up from being gone 90 minutes and the pages are adding faster than i can read the back-posts...oh hell i'm adding to it now! can't stop, vicious cycle! oh damn...damn!!!
  • Laviothane
    Laviothane
    ✭✭
    Alas the plot thickens, and oh what the dickens they plan to implement a patch, im damn close to snoring this process is boring and i think i have bed sores on my a$$
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    You guys act like this sort of thing is completely new in Gaming History. It's not! This is how UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE works! So many people were whinging about bugs, and things got serious enough, they said "We have to fix this to make people happy." And then the second they announce downtime everyone's like "GET A ROPE! LET'S GO KEEL THEM FOR THE DOWNTIMES!" And now that downtime is taking a while everyone's like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, AND WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?" Answering EITHER of those questions is a bad idea for any game developer or host....

A.> GIVING YOU AN ETA ON UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE IS ASKING YOU TO CRY MORE LATER. If they don't fix what's broken in the time they said it was "likely" going to take, you're going to be upset with them all over again for going over their estimated time. Fact of life. This is why game developers and hosts no longer give ETAs for UNSCHEDULED maintenance.

B.> They aren't telling you what's broken, and what they're doing to fix it, BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL BUSY FIXING IT. Having someone constantly explaining the intricacies of fixing all the bugs they left in the game, is someone they have to take away from the team that's working to fix them, that means it'll take longer for them to finish. OH WAIT I HAVE A BRIGHT IDEA! LET'S TELL THEM AFTER WE FIX THEM WHAT WAS WRONG! <-- That's the right way of doing things.

C.> This isn't a rant. Although I'm not a game developer, I've been in the IT Field and involved in Systems roll outs, upgrades and implementations for about 15 years. Be it a gaming company, or someone that hosts business applications, the complaints are always the same.

Hopefully this post at least makes you think a little bit! Praise to the Nine Divines!

FYI ranting ended like 4 hours ago.

Now we're too tired to rant and posting cat pics. keep up!

That's the problem with the forum's Best of feature. When I clicked it It put me in the middle of the thread and it looked like people were still ranting! Very well then... Kitten fix please!
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    @Skjlvald‌ Hahaha. This also took 6 attempts to spell your name just now.

Lol I won't hold it against you. It's my characters name in skyrim..... it came from a name generator :P
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭
    We just posted the more detailed explanation mentioned earlier this morning. Here's what it says.
    Last night a few North American users reported inventory-related issues with their character account, such as seeing additional inventory items appear, or seeing items that were not earned through gameplay. We've identified and fixed the problem, but the issue necessitated some downtime overnight for the North American megaserver. This problem has not manifested on the European server, so it continues to run as normal. The fix will be implemented as soon as all required pre-testing is complete this morning.

We were already planning to push a new game build to both servers this morning, and we will continue to work towards this. Stay tuned for complete patch note shortly. In addition to this aforementioned priority fix, we are also working quickly to restore our 'send in-game mail' functionality, some content blocking fixes that are preventing some users from finishing quests, and a few other tweaks. Our goal is to have all of these fixes initiated later this morning, eastern US time.

We will update this post as soon as we have an exact timeline for the service to be restored.

Well good news is there is only a few hours of morning left on the east coast so hurry up lol
    Edited by Zaggolf on April 2, 2014 1:01PM
    Fanboy's don't keep a game running! GAMER'S DO!!!
  • juic3
    juic3
    ✭✭
    Atleast we know what's going on now! that's some progress atleast.
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭
    Loctite wrote: »
    I wonder why the EU sever was not affected by this?

I blame the metric system.

• trinta
    trinta
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, an actual update. Hey, listen, Jessica, I have to go to the gym in thirty minutes, I'll be back a little after 11, so if you guys could have this ready to rock by then... Thanks!
    Every time someone swears, it gets replaced with three asterisks. There's only one three-letter swear word that I know of. I read that in the place of every set of three asterisks. It makes for some amusing sentences.
  • Rapscallion74
    Rapscallion74
    ✭✭✭

If someone had told us 8 hours ago "We'll be down for a while, please check in in the morning" I would have gone to sleep.

Luckily, that was what I did
  • Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭
    *hands out Moon Sugar to the angry gamers*

How 'bout some Balmora Blue?

I want in on that!
    "Yes, one step after the next. Come what may, that is what it means to live" - The Seneschal.

This is why we keep going. What else are you going to do with your life?
  • MardukAU
    MardukAU
    MardukAU wrote: »
    i need a few lines of Skooma to stay awake

That's not how skooma works.

aww
    Death is Certain, Life is Not!!
  • CatacombHeart

I'm giving it another hour before passing out. :P
    Edited by CatacombHeart on April 2, 2014 1:01PM
  • Robert.Graham18rwb17_ESO
    Brynnza wrote: »
    ahonma_ESO wrote: »
    Can you imagine trying to snuggle with an Argonian?

Yet another reason to rid Tamriel of their scaly scourge.

Some like it rough?
    What Jessica woke up to

riot.png

Why do we Aussies and the Kiwi's always cop the brunt of these things.. So true..

I was hoping for a nice night of leveling ..... that was back at 5pm :/
    -Rob Aka
    Weldien Phoenix
    Guild Leader Warriors Blood.
  • TheAurelian
    Everyone be chill and calm down. Online games have crappy launches these days. This is just the way of things. The only one that didn't was Guild Wars 2 and that was because they literally rationed the release of their product.
    “Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost...." -Hiromu Arakawa-
  • Rukur
    Rukur
    ✭✭
    From the tone of the last update I would say another 4-6 hours more.

My 2 cents.