Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Server maintenance times

• robroeb14_ESO
    robroeb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    48016259.jpg
    Options
  • Moosey
    Moosey
    Argonian's v0.0.1
    Iksar.jpg

That being said, leezard power :)
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
    Options
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7w6ur.jpg
    [beta_group_85b_9]
    Options
  • vanity
    vanity
    ✭✭
    I'm curious what could have gone so wrong to put something on maintenance almost 8 hours. I thought mega server was an groundbreaking idea >_> guess you don't know until you try it.
    Options
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    Faked wrote: »
    you had paint on your f5 key.... must be a new keyboard.
    Probably recently discovered [F5], mine is just a hole with the rubber *** left

Options
  • sy.donna3nrb19_ESO
    sy.donna3nrb19_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It's funny how they've been posting "updates" when they haven't got us new information yet. How ironic is that.
    Nothing to see here, children. Move along now.
    Options
  • DarkInvictus
    DarkInvictus
    ✭✭
    doc-brown-ftr-620x350.jpg
    zenimax puts the best techs are on the job
    Options
  • Sarah_Lynn
    Sarah_Lynn
    ✭✭✭
    When the server is down it makes me want to eat, is that normal?
    I spend way too much time and money on this game.
    Options
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Some of ya'll are just being downright rude...

I was on when the servers went down this morning too, but seriously, it's early access and these guys have been working all night. I get that the lack of info is frustrating but I can see why they wouldn't want to give out info about the game breaking exploits they're fixing, and why they wouldn't want to give out an ETA they can't stick to.

Agree, especially given the possible reasons for bringing it down.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
    Options
  • MardukAU
    MardukAU
    i need a few lines of Skooma to stay awake
    Death is Certain, Life is Not!!
    Options
  • Faked
    Faked
    ✭✭✭
    I want to know why it only is affect the NA server and not both
    Heeeeyyyyyyy Yoooouuuuuu Guys!!!!!!!
    Options
  • CatacombHeart
    I was doing some digging and came upon a post in reddit stating that a major bug was happening in-game, causing people to log in on other peoples characters. After they got a UI error, they were disconnected, and upon logging back in, they had access to other characters that weren't theirs.

Not sure if that is true or not, but if it is, I'd rather have maintenance go as long as it needs to, so someone doesn't accident log in to my character one day and take advantage of that (ie: mailing all my items to their characters, etc.).
    Options
  • Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭
    Faked wrote: »
    just hit lvl 2 on the forms does that make me better at eso?

yeah its some new veteran content they just added in....
    "Yes, one step after the next. Come what may, that is what it means to live" - The Seneschal.

This is why we keep going. What else are you going to do with your life?
    Options
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    Goretex wrote: »
    I just hop ei get my bonus stuff back by messing up and accidently deleting my first toon to reroll because his allegiance was wrong. :\

This can't be worse than Obamacare right?? lol

YES!!! Okay, post of the thread....
    Options
  • Rukur
    Rukur
    ✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    7w6ur.jpg

Damn lizards keep tell me to be moist....

Options
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    MardukAU wrote: »

That's not how skooma works.
    Options
  • Freshmango55
    Sarah_Lynn wrote: »

Probably due to not eating because being fixated on the screen for so long before downtime.

Options
  • Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭
    Did someone say shortly??????
    Fanboy's don't keep a game running! GAMER'S DO!!!
    Options
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*hands out Moon Sugar to the angry gamers*
    [beta_group_85b_9]
    Options
  • Laviothane
    Laviothane
    ✭✭
    The land has gone mad, this downtime is bad, and its making me sick in the head... Though the patience is waining no experience gaining, im thinking im better offf deaaddd.
    Options
  • Robert.Graham18rwb17_ESO
    What Jessica woke up to

riot.png
    -Rob Aka
    Weldien Phoenix
    Guild Leader Warriors Blood.
    Options
  • completely_unrealb14_ESO
    7w6ur.jpg

Damn lizards keep tell me to be moist....
    That is just unsanitary.
    Edited by completely_unrealb14_ESO on April 2, 2014 12:56PM
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We just posted the more detailed explanation mentioned earlier this morning. Here's what it says.
    Last night a few North American users reported inventory-related issues with their character account, such as seeing additional inventory items appear, or seeing items that were not earned through gameplay. We've identified and fixed the problem, but the issue necessitated some downtime overnight for the North American megaserver. This problem has not manifested on the European server, so it continues to run as normal. The fix will be implemented as soon as all required pre-testing is complete this morning.

We were already planning to push a new game build to both servers this morning, and we will continue to work towards this. Stay tuned for complete patch note shortly. In addition to this aforementioned priority fix, we are also working quickly to restore our 'send in-game mail' functionality, some content blocking fixes that are preventing some users from finishing quests, and a few other tweaks. Our goal is to have all of these fixes initiated later this morning, eastern US time.

We will update this post as soon as we have an exact timeline for the service to be restored.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2?new=1
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    You guys act like this sort of thing is completely new in Gaming History. It's not! This is how UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE works! So many people were whinging about bugs, and things got serious enough, they said "We have to fix this to make people happy." And then the second they announce downtime everyone's like "GET A ROPE! LET'S GO KEEL THEM FOR THE DOWNTIMES!" And now that downtime is taking a while everyone's like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, AND WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?" Answering EITHER of those questions is a bad idea for any game developer or host....

A.> GIVING YOU AN ETA ON UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE IS ASKING YOU TO CRY MORE LATER. If they don't fix what's broken in the time they said it was "likely" going to take, you're going to be upset with them all over again for going over their estimated time. Fact of life. This is why game developers and hosts no longer give ETAs for UNSCHEDULED maintenance.

B.> They aren't telling you what's broken, and what they're doing to fix it, BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL BUSY FIXING IT. Having someone constantly explaining the intricacies of fixing all the bugs they left in the game, is someone they have to take away from the team that's working to fix them, that means it'll take longer for them to finish. OH WAIT I HAVE A BRIGHT IDEA! LET'S TELL THEM AFTER WE FIX THEM WHAT WAS WRONG! <-- That's the right way of doing things.

C.> This isn't a rant. Although I'm not a game developer, I've been in the IT Field and involved in Systems roll outs, upgrades and implementations for about 15 years. Be it a gaming company, or someone that hosts business applications, the complaints are always the same.

Hopefully this post at least makes you think a little bit! Praise to the Nine Divines!
    Options
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

That's not how skooma works.

I don't think he's talking about skooma.
    Options
  • robroeb14_ESO
    robroeb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    48016384.jpg
    Options
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭

As a narcotic, Skooma may not be what you want if you're trying to stay awake. :wink:
    Options
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    *hands out Moon Sugar to the angry gamers*

How 'bout some Balmora Blue?
    Options
  • DeJo
    DeJo
    I was doing some digging and came upon a post in reddit stating that a major bug was happening in-game, causing people to log in on other peoples characters. After they got a UI error, they were disconnected, and upon logging back in, they had access to other characters that weren't theirs.

Not sure if that is true or not, but if it is, I'd rather have maintenance go as long as it needs to, so someone doesn't accident log in to my character one day and take advantage of that (ie: mailing all my items to their characters, etc.).

Digging? This was discussed and examples given (including character names) in this forum.

Again, just another example that this game was rushed to launch like many of us beta testers were warning them about.....

Edited by DeJo on April 2, 2014 12:58PM
    Options
  • Rukur
    Rukur
    ✭✭
    Sarah_Lynn wrote: »

Well I came out for a meal when it went down....After 6 hours Im going to have to eat again unless the servers come up.

Edited by Rukur on April 2, 2014 12:57PM
    Options