Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    pad11 wrote: »
    At least I'm earning forum badges...

I wonder if we can spend skill points on those
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Selrach wrote: »
    hit SHappens.
    keep-calm-and-hail-sithis-2.png

That would make a sick T-shirt.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • kearnstarb14_ESO
    Sarenia wrote: »
    C:\Users\zos_admin>cd server_files
    C:\Users\zos_admin\server_files>fix_bugs.bat
    'fix_bugs.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
    C:\Users\zos_admin\server_files>dir
    03/22/2014 01:22 <DIR> file_cache
    03/22/2014 01:22 362 autofix_bugs.bat
    C:\Users\zos_admin\server_files>autofix_bugs.bat

Windows%20Server%202003%20Standard%20Edition-2009-03-20-14-27-19.png

7B is for storage devices

For someone telling everyone else how the amazing world of computers work, that's a glaring oversight
    Token Drunk Aussie #1
  • Rukur
    Rukur
    ✭✭
    HiveStar wrote: »
    I have to go to the airport in 3 hours. I won't even get to make a character until the weekend.

Such sad.

There was a lot of helpful sites in zone chat that would make you a lvl 50 character while you take your trip.
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    'fix_bugs.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

For someone telling everyone else how the amazing world of computers work, that's a glaring oversight

Prob a ZENITHES employee.
    Ulyn Andrano

Ebonheart Pact
  • AlexanderTheGreat
    AlexanderTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_HugoP

How much do I need to pay you for early access to early access?
  • jstans_ESO
    jstans_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Brothers and sisters, is it a coincidence that the Argonian scum was created in the form of a reptile? NO! It is not! For they are the embodiment of all that is evil and wrong with our great Tamriel! They were formed in the likeness of the beast, that old serpent known as the devil!
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_HugoP

Just your soul.
  • DarkoDon
    DarkoDon
    ✭✭
    Never said you couldn't post your vent here. Just saying it's irrelevant.

And if you played other AAA mmo's, you paid 60. This isn't the first time it's happened to you. So I guess my question is...why do people start these threads? I'm asking that for real. Just why?

You act as though just because something has happened before that it makes it okay. If everyone you meet slaps you in the face when they meet you does that make it okay when I do it too?

The devs are monitoring this thread. The more people complain the more fire their bosses will put under their bottom. Ultimately we might get an exp boost or some sort of recompense. What's irrelevant and ironic is complaining about a complaint.

Or even complaining about a complainer complaining about a complaint.

I don't remember ever complaining. Was stating the fact that this thread is useless. They have work from home CS that are posting these little "Be back soon" messages. The people you want to hear you, and get that fire lit up under their bottoms, are too busy fixing your game right now. :/

As for the face slapping. I really think physical harm to someone, of which is illegal, is no way comparable to us not getting to play a handful of hours in a 120hr early release.

Crashing every 10m was unacceptable. I'll gladly give up a few hours of gameplay to see these things addressed. Then I can play the majority of it.

And who's to say this isn't addressing an exploit people are abusing. That's not ZOS's fault. That's people finding a way to "cheat". Most of the time you can't prepare for exploits to your code until it happens. Can't fix something you don't know is broken.

It's always the devs fault when the servers go down and people start throwin stones.

• MomoDeviluke
    calm down guys lol. i'd much rather them fix the problem completely than just band-aid it and i think a lot of you guys would too. Go play some Goat Simulator or go and bake some sweetrolls. Or lose your minds and get mad because they are trying to fix broken content. Either way it will be fixed at some point today and you will forget about this as soon as you get back into the game
  • Selrach
    Selrach
    Skjlvald wrote: »
    Selrach wrote: »
    hit SHappens.
    keep-calm-and-hail-sithis-2.png

That would make a sick T-shirt.

I know.. on that subject, if there was a men's version of store.bethsoft.com/ladies-dark-brotherhood-angl-hoodie.html I would have already purchased it..
  • FTWhitledge
    Alas, I can wait no longer. Gonna sleep for eight hours and work for eight hours and then log on to find the servers still down. Goodnight all!
  • Bunzaga_ESO
    Bunzaga_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    DarkoDon wrote: »
    "Also, it's unreasonable to expect a grown adult that actually works for a living to be available for all 60 of those hours."

I didn't expect that.

It is however unreasonable to expect the uptimes to revolve around you, or the significantly smaller playerbase right now than at primetime. It would be a horrible business decision to bring servers down for long lenths of time between 11am-12pm on NA servers.

I'm not a game developer or programmer, but I have friends that do. I hear all the time how you'll have thousands and thousands of code to sift through to try and fix. And you can just rewrite a line, you then have to make sure that line is compatable with the other lines already in place. Sometimes things run fine then whatever can go wrong and the codes have to be sifted through, fixed, checked, fixed, checked, ect. Any programmers feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

You are right and wrong. I don't think the issues is how many lines of code it is, the problem are what I usually call 'what if' situations. For a simple example, what if the user types a number, when you are expecting text? Suddenly the game breaks because you didn't plan for all the 'what if' situations.

So someone probably found an exploit where they could duplicate objects by using the mail system. Now they need to see
    ZOS_HugoP wrote: »
    Greetings folks !

We have an update about the current situation : North American MegaServer Maintenance - 4/2/14 @ 01:00am EDT
    The maintenance occurring on the North American megaserver is still in progress. As soon as we will be able to communicate an ETA for the end of this operation, stay assured we will come share this information with you. Thank you for your patience.

... still waiting for that 'update'...
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just grabbed a random google image. Trying to get people to laugh instead of whine.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • SkadiSnow
    SkadiSnow
    Logic would suggest that if the devs thought the problem was almost fixed, they would guess at an ETA and then add an hour just to be safe. But they can't even give us an ETA. Which means that best case scenario, the servers will be up in 3 or 4 hours. Worst case, we could be here for the next 24 hours.

My only conclusion is to go to sleep and wait til after work tomorrow... :(
  • Robert.Graham18rwb17_ESO

SOo that's the problem there using a Microsoft os to run the server instead of *nix?

lot of angry people in here, so Richard Hammond managed to escape the Wheel and now their looking for a new Hamster to power the server.. those hamsters are hard to find.. have been ever since Dark Age of Camelot.

@!7 happens.
    -Rob Aka
    Weldien Phoenix
    Guild Leader Warriors Blood.
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_HugoP

It's almost like an endless loop. Now where have I seen that before...
  • SpasticSpringbok
    ZOS_HugoP wrote: »
    Greetings folks !

We have an update about the current situation : North American MegaServer Maintenance - 4/2/14 @ 01:00am EDT
    The maintenance occurring on the North American megaserver is still in progress. As soon as we will be able to communicate an ETA for the end of this operation, stay assured we will come share this information with you. Thank you for your patience.

thats it? some update.....

needs moar sheep

lol ^ must be a kiwi
  • Medgirlpts_ESO
    Medgirlpts_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Skjlvald‌ Did I do better? ;)
    battlecry-550x440.jpg
    Ceridai <3 Healing Mage <3
    --The Downtime Defenders --
    - Aldmeri Dominion -
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    If the servers are up by 0600HR EST I'll go get a Thieves Guild tattoo.
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    DarkoDon wrote: »
    Never said you couldn't post your vent here. Just saying it's irrelevant.

And if you played other AAA mmo's, you paid 60. This isn't the first time it's happened to you. So I guess my question is...why do people start these threads? I'm asking that for real. Just why?

You act as though just because something has happened before that it makes it okay. If everyone you meet slaps you in the face when they meet you does that make it okay when I do it too?

The devs are monitoring this thread. The more people complain the more fire their bosses will put under their bottom. Ultimately we might get an exp boost or some sort of recompense. What's irrelevant and ironic is complaining about a complaint.

Or even complaining about a complainer complaining about a complaint.

I don't remember ever complaining. Was stating the fact that this thread is useless. They have work from home CS that are posting these little "Be back soon" messages. The people you want to hear you, and get that fire lit up under their bottoms, are too busy fixing your game right now. :/

As for the face slapping. I really think physical harm to someone, of which is illegal, is no way comparable to us not getting to play a handful of hours in a 120hr early release.

Crashing every 10m was unacceptable. I'll gladly give up a few hours of gameplay to see these things addressed. Then I can play the majority of it.

And who's to say this isn't addressing an exploit people are abusing. That's not ZOS's fault. That's people finding a way to "cheat". Most of the time you can't prepare for exploits to your code until it happens. Can't fix something you don't know is broken.

It's always the devs fault when the servers go down and people start throwin stones.

Just because I could.
    You are complainers. That is all.
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    So...how 'bout those (insert favorite sports team/and or local community theater group/and or local fighters guild sub-sect here)?

• kearnstarb14_ESO

I just grabbed a random google image. Trying to get people to laugh instead of whine.

Where are these millions of whiners that a few of you are looking down your noses at? I don't see more than a couple in 22 pages of a fun thread

Try joining in :wink:
    Token Drunk Aussie #1
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    battlecry-550x440.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' about. it's all about the kitteh.
    Ulyn Andrano

Ebonheart Pact
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am not sure which is worse, the 20 minutes it took me to find this thread, or the 4 plus hours that the server has been down :(
  • Selrach
    Selrach
    Z0MBiEjaw wrote: »
    If the servers are up by 0600HR EST I'll go get a Thieves Guild tattoo.

And miss out on more playtime?
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭
    The internet went to hell in a basket when cats, rather than dogs, became its unofficial mascot.
  • Xaloshi
    Xaloshi
    da bears
    ~Xaloshi~
  • kearnstarb14_ESO
    battlecry-550x440.jpg

:lol: That's gold

AND OH SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!

(and cuddly)
    Token Drunk Aussie #1
  • SpasticSpringbok
    Delekii wrote: »

I have, but you have no reason to believe me anyway. Rebutt the argument, not the point.

A guy a few posts back mentioned this, but I'll reiterate it; if it's a software/patch related issue, it should have been worked on on offline servers before live servers were touched.

Then you should know any suitably complex system _will_ behave in unexpected ways.

They aren't testing on their own machines and having it break on someone else's machines

In english, this is called an analogy.

It's a means to explain a complex topic using simple terminology that anybody can understand.

For it to be called an analogy, it needs to be analogous.

R + analogy = good times