Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RagnarSS wrote: »
    You must have a rough idea what the eta is going to be? i.e. it will be at least 2 more hours so that people can stop sitting in front of their computers waiting!!! I know you know most of us have no lives when a game comes out...
    2) Is it really true you are doing maintenance on a sunday? Are you absolutely insane???
    eta is 4/4/2014 ...you wait and see.
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    Ok one more 32oz of Heineken, and then I'm passing out. It's been fun reading and whining with yall :D

Lightweight. I still got half a bottle of Jameson's to finish

Still not sure if that's a good or bad thing

No wait, definitely a good thing

LOL! That's a win/win! Good that you've had half a bottle and good that you have half a bottle left! That's the sweet spot! :)
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    'Merica f**k yeah!
  • DarkoDon
    DarkoDon
    ✭✭
    DarkoDon wrote: »
    Never said you couldn't post your vent here. Just saying it's irrelevant.

And if you played other AAA mmo's, you paid 60. This isn't the first time it's happened to you. So I guess my question is...why do people start these threads? I'm asking that for real. Just why?

You act as though just because something has happened before that it makes it okay. If everyone you meet slaps you in the face when they meet you does that make it okay when I do it too?

The devs are monitoring this thread. The more people complain the more fire their bosses will put under their bottom. Ultimately we might get an exp boost or some sort of recompense. What's irrelevant and ironic is complaining about a complaint.

Or even complaining about a complainer complaining about a complaint.

I don't remember ever complaining. Was stating the fact that this thread is useless. They have work from home CS that are posting these little "Be back soon" messages. The people you want to hear you, and get that fire lit up under their bottoms, are too busy fixing your game right now. :/

As for the face slapping. I really think physical harm to someone, of which is illegal, is no way comparable to us not getting to play a handful of hours in a 120hr early release.

Crashing every 10m was unacceptable. I'll gladly give up a few hours of gameplay to see these things addressed. Then I can play the majority of it.

And who's to say this isn't addressing an exploit people are abusing. That's not ZOS's fault. That's people finding a way to "cheat". Most of the time you can't prepare for exploits to your code until it happens. Can't fix something you don't know is broken.

It's always the devs fault when the servers go down and people start throwin stones.

1. Fixing a game they broke in the first place and then marketed to me as playable. As I have said, many of the bugs in this release were reported in the beta months before.

2. That's why it's called an analogy. The comparison is based on structure, not severity.

3. I agree that crashing every 10m was unacceptable, but I wasn't crashing every 10 minutes. It's another thing to complain about.

4. We can speculate what's going on all night long (as it seems the game will be down that long.) but we don't know what the problem is. Regardless, I'm not getting the early access I wanted.

5. I would hope that the developers are listening to our RIGHTEOUS complaints as we are the ones paying their bills.

There you go again. Devs fault, all the time, period.

An exploit is not their fault, you can't predict every one of them. For every one they will ever have to fix, there's hundreds they prepared for. You can't get them all. There are literally people out there that just go looking for them out the bat instead of playing and enjoying the game.

We have no facts, the best we can hope for is a patch notes on any fixes. If you don't see one or they don't explain "why" the servers had to go down, then it's more than likely and exploit. They aren't going to explain them cause they down want others getting ideas.

Read your EULA you agreed to. I bet you there's a small section in there that states the game may have to come down for maintenence. Just curious as to why this is so mind boggling to folks.

Anyway, gluck to you if you're staying up to wait for the servers. I have used up all the hours I could for the evening. Cheers
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    RagnarSS wrote: »
    You must have a rough idea what the eta is going to be? i.e. it will be at least 2 more hours so that people can stop sitting in front of their computers waiting!!! I know you know most of us have no lives when a game comes out...
    2) Is it really true you are doing maintenance on a sunday? Are you absolutely insane???
    eta is 4/4/2014 ...you wait and see.

I keel you
  • Chaleria
    Chaleria
    ✭✭
    joshweps wrote: »
    ahonma_ESO wrote: »
    jstans_ESO wrote: »
    DEATHTOARGONIANS_zps1745edae.jpg

Death is such a waste we shall enslave them all

It's not a waste if you're killing them to make into sausages. :)

and you must be a woof elf

Woof Elf... Elven warewolf
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭

Bosmer are vegan
    Edited by enfp on April 2, 2014 10:06AM
  • Medgirlpts_ESO
    Medgirlpts_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    pad11 wrote: »
    Ok one more 32oz of Heineken, and then I'm passing out. It's been fun reading and whining with yall :D

LOL! That's a win/win! Good that you've had half a bottle and good that you have half a bottle left! That's the sweet spot! :)

I am babying my drink still. :P
    Ceridai <3 Healing Mage <3
    --The Downtime Defenders --
    - Aldmeri Dominion -
  • Freshmango55

After downtime we should open a smoked Argonian fillet stand in Ebonheart.

Edited by Freshmango55 on April 2, 2014 10:07AM
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭

Me? A tree-hugging hippie?

:s
  • jstans_ESO
    jstans_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Selrach wrote: »

Ah, you must be a dunmer!
    I am of the Imperial master race.

That was the exact plan.

We enslave the Khajiits, the Argonians must die!

This one shall claw your eyes out if you try to enslave us.
    Your race shall be declawed foul disfigured cat!
    Edited by jstans_ESO on April 2, 2014 10:08AM
  • Chaleria
    Chaleria
    ✭✭
    Chaleria wrote: »

Woof Elf... Elven warewolf
    'scuse me, werewolf... :p
  • Decimatia
    Decimatia
    ✭✭
    wc5Oaax.jpg
    Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick. It's a VERY delicate state of mind...
  • DragonX
    DragonX
    Soul Shriven
    The fact that I just bothered to read this tripe shows how bad I want this damn maintenance to end so I can crush some blue skulls in pvp! Death to the blues!
  • Thelrok
    Thelrok
    ✭✭✭
    Sooo... I just found out what the bug was that needed fixing. An error occurred that made people log into other accounts after the mail thing was fixed. Kind of needed fixing.

The_more_you_know_banner.jpg

• evilhomer504b14_ESO

No this is a woof elf

tiamarie-elf-de.jpg
    The guy who grabbed the name Razum-dar first
  • joshweps
    joshweps
    ✭✭✭
    enfp wrote: »

Bosmer are vegan

wow
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭

I am babying my drink still. :P

NICE!!!
  • RipVanWinkleX

Bosmer are vegan

hm.... Might want to learn about the wild hunt
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭

Bosmer are vegan

Like hell we are! :p mmmm....bacon....
  • John_Holmes
    I actually prefer a time frame. Is it 1 hour? 8 hours? At least we know if we go to bed and get up in a few hours, or do we stay up and wait?
    I totally agree. I ate dinner, did some homework, went to the liquor store to buy some beer, and I came home to expect a night of drinking and playing the NEWLY launched ESO. Instead, I get a message saying ESO was under maintanence. I thought no big deal I will wait a little while. Five hours and a 12 pack later and no ESO. WTF, no heads up, nothing. Thank you for making me waste a 12 pack.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow adding a profile pic gave me a badge plus 10 points i'm W1nn1ng now.
  • sockthi3f
    sockthi3f
    Even if the server went back online minutes from now, is it true that there is scheduled maintenance at 8:30AM EST?
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭

Bosmer are vegan

Like hell we are! :p mmmm....bacon....

As if those silly Bosmer have figured out how to make fire yet...
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually prefer a time frame. Is it 1 hour? 8 hours? At least we know if we go to bed and get up in a few hours, or do we stay up and wait?
    I totally agree. I ate dinner, did some homework, went to the liquor store to buy some beer, and I came home to expect a night of drinking and playing the NEWLY launched ESO. Instead, I get a message saying ESO was under maintanence. I thought no big deal I will wait a little while. Five hours and a 12 pack later and no ESO. WTF, no heads up, nothing. Thank you for making me waste a 12 pack.

I started reading that but then I got to the drinking part and now I'm going to get a drink.
  • dcarpent72
    dcarpent72
    ✭✭

you can never waste a 12 pack
  • dcarpent72
    dcarpent72
    ✭✭
    opps
  • kearnstarb14_ESO

If it went into your mouth I hardly see the 'waste' :smiley:

Tbh I read all of that and only saw "beer"

Token Drunk Aussie #1
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't bother to read anything after page 3 - did I miss any useful information, or only complaints and trolling? ;)
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • kearnstarb14_ESO
    baratron wrote: »
    I didn't bother to read anything after page 3 - did I miss any useful information, or only complaints and trolling? ;)

Missed.......... so.................much..............quality
    Token Drunk Aussie #1