Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Skjlvald wrote: »
    @Skjlvald‌ Did I do better? ;)
    battlecry-550x440.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' about. it's all about the kitteh.

And after 22 pages we have a kitten.
  • Goretex
    Goretex
    ZOS_JanS wrote: »
    Greetings, everyone!

We're very sorry about the inconvenience. This maintenance had to take place for our team to address an issue. We will provide you with an update as soon as possible to let you know when the maintenance is over. Thank you for your patience!

Thank you. I would also like to know what it is you fixed during the maintenance, if possible.

Hopefully it's the pre purchase bonus stuff after deleting your first toon, what they did is so stupid!
    Edited by Goretex on April 2, 2014 9:51AM
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    Selrach wrote: »
    Z0MBiEjaw wrote: »
    If the servers are up by 0600HR EST I'll go get a Thieves Guild tattoo.

And miss out on more playtime?

valid point; I'll brand the Thieves Guild insignia into my left forearm with FIRE.
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
  • FTWhitledge
    enfp wrote: »
    battlecry-550x440.jpg

To be fair we did have nyan cat earlier.
  • DarkoDon
    DarkoDon
    ✭✭
    sampaku wrote: »
    Thelrok wrote: »
    Just curious, for the people who are clearly so frustrated about the server downtime and the fact it's out of beta,

What do you suggest if a gamebreaking bug is found after the beta? If beta is supposed to fix EVERYTHING, have you ever written up a proof for a program?

The people you are referring to, who are complaining excessively, have no concept of what is actually going on. They don't understand programming. They just aren't getting what they want and are, as a result, throwing a fit. Your logic has no power over them.

What you guys don't seem to understand is that this isn't some 20 year old neckbeard developing a java game. This is a multi-million dollar corporation with access to an entire developer team and then some. We're also paying them. They should be minimizing the amount of inconvenience to us and at least communicating with us better than "it's broken guys im sorry ok :("

Uh, this is the smoothest, least downtime launch I have ever been apart of. So they have minimized it.

Again, there will never be a no downtime launch, ever. It's impossible. Common sense and history should have told you that prior to your purchase. I made mine knowing that, and did so happily. Best damn launch EVER in a AAA mmo.

• stargazer62085b14_ESO
    Welp, time for work I guess. Be back in 5hrs for a 2hr break, hope the game comes back up soon for you guys.
  • sampaku
    sampaku
    ✭✭
    RITO PLZ
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xaloshi wrote: »
    da bears
    Boo. Go niners.
  • Freshmango55
    Something to occupy time while we wait. https://youtube.com/watch?v=5L3DMJB8yGM
  • kearnstarb14_ESO
    Why are people talking about some sort of downtime issue in this thread

CLEARLY this thread is not about server downtime. It's about sheep, and kittens, and roman ***, and sweetrolls, and and and FIRE, AND FIRE MONKEYS, AND FIRE MONKEYS THAT LAUNCH POO

I mean seriously, stop hijacking
    Token Drunk Aussie #1
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Something to occupy time while we wait. https://youtube.com/watch?v=5L3DMJB8yGM

Where's your mom?
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    yooooo realtalk when does Taco Bell start serving breakfast
  • draconusarts_ESO
    Weird thought but hear me out... Maybe they don't know when it will be fixed? *gasp shock*
  • Bunzaga_ESO
    Bunzaga_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ok one more 24oz of Heineken, and then I'm passing out. It's been fun reading and whining with yall :D
    Edited by Bunzaga_ESO on April 2, 2014 9:56AM
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Weird thought but hear me out... Maybe they don't know when it will be fixed? *gasp shock*

My life is over.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • AlexanderTheGreat
    AlexanderTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    DarkoDon wrote: »
    Never said you couldn't post your vent here. Just saying it's irrelevant.

And if you played other AAA mmo's, you paid 60. This isn't the first time it's happened to you. So I guess my question is...why do people start these threads? I'm asking that for real. Just why?

You act as though just because something has happened before that it makes it okay. If everyone you meet slaps you in the face when they meet you does that make it okay when I do it too?

The devs are monitoring this thread. The more people complain the more fire their bosses will put under their bottom. Ultimately we might get an exp boost or some sort of recompense. What's irrelevant and ironic is complaining about a complaint.

Or even complaining about a complainer complaining about a complaint.

I don't remember ever complaining. Was stating the fact that this thread is useless. They have work from home CS that are posting these little "Be back soon" messages. The people you want to hear you, and get that fire lit up under their bottoms, are too busy fixing your game right now. :/

As for the face slapping. I really think physical harm to someone, of which is illegal, is no way comparable to us not getting to play a handful of hours in a 120hr early release.

Crashing every 10m was unacceptable. I'll gladly give up a few hours of gameplay to see these things addressed. Then I can play the majority of it.

And who's to say this isn't addressing an exploit people are abusing. That's not ZOS's fault. That's people finding a way to "cheat". Most of the time you can't prepare for exploits to your code until it happens. Can't fix something you don't know is broken.

It's always the devs fault when the servers go down and people start throwin stones.

1. Fixing a game they broke in the first place and then marketed to me as playable. As I have said, many of the bugs in this release were reported in the beta months before.

2. That's why it's called an analogy. The comparison is based on structure, not severity.

3. I agree that crashing every 10m was unacceptable, but I wasn't crashing every 10 minutes. It's another thing to complain about.

4. We can speculate what's going on all night long (as it seems the game will be down that long.) but we don't know what the problem is. Regardless, I'm not getting the early access I wanted.

5. I would hope that the developers are listening to our RIGHTEOUS complaints as we are the ones paying their bills.
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    Z0MBiEjaw wrote: »
    yooooo realtalk when does Taco Bell start serving breakfast

literally am on the internet can just google it nevermind

• enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭

CLEARLY this thread is not about server downtime. It's about sheep, and kittens, and roman ***, and sweetrolls, and and and FIRE, AND FIRE MONKEYS, AND FIRE MONKEYS THAT LAUNCH POO

It's called socializing, not hijacking.
  • kearnstarb14_ESO
    Ok one more 32oz of Heineken, and then I'm passing out. It's been fun reading and whining with yall :D

Lightweight. I still got half a bottle of Jameson's to finish

Still not sure if that's a good or bad thing

No wait, definitely a good thing
    Token Drunk Aussie #1
  • Chaleria
    Chaleria
    ✭✭

9gag.com/gag/azb8LXq?ref=9g.m
  • DarkoDon
    DarkoDon
    ✭✭
    DarkoDon wrote: »

Never said you couldn't post your vent here. Just saying it's irrelevant.

And if you played other AAA mmo's, you paid 60. This isn't the first time it's happened to you. So I guess my question is...why do people start these threads? I'm asking that for real. Just why?

You act as though just because something has happened before that it makes it okay. If everyone you meet slaps you in the face when they meet you does that make it okay when I do it too?

The devs are monitoring this thread. The more people complain the more fire their bosses will put under their bottom. Ultimately we might get an exp boost or some sort of recompense. What's irrelevant and ironic is complaining about a complaint.

Or even complaining about a complainer complaining about a complaint.

I don't remember ever complaining. Was stating the fact that this thread is useless. They have work from home CS that are posting these little "Be back soon" messages. The people you want to hear you, and get that fire lit up under their bottoms, are too busy fixing your game right now. :/

As for the face slapping. I really think physical harm to someone, of which is illegal, is no way comparable to us not getting to play a handful of hours in a 120hr early release.

Crashing every 10m was unacceptable. I'll gladly give up a few hours of gameplay to see these things addressed. Then I can play the majority of it.

And who's to say this isn't addressing an exploit people are abusing. That's not ZOS's fault. That's people finding a way to "cheat". Most of the time you can't prepare for exploits to your code until it happens. Can't fix something you don't know is broken.

It's always the devs fault when the servers go down and people start throwin stones.

Just because I could.
    You are complainers. That is all.

You win.

• SpasticSpringbok
    Ok one more 32oz of Heineken, and then I'm passing out. It's been fun reading and whining with yall :D

awe nah stay for a few more, bet ya cant skull 3 in a row
  • Beldir73
    Beldir73
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, enough. I've read through all 23 pages... I've heard really nothing from the devs other than 'it is on going for further investigation'... I've laughed... I've cried... I've gained insight into how Aussies look at Kiwis... And now it's time to call it quits.

Be safe, have fun, and may a randy skeever never become enamored with your vanity pet.
  • Absinthe
    Absinthe
    ✭✭✭
    battlecry-550x440.jpg

To be fair we did have nyan cat earlier.

Still running nyan cat in the background....it is almost 1/2 over now.

• DragonX
    DragonX
    Soul Shriven
    Just make it to PvP and BAM... maintenance.... :(
  • kearnstarb14_ESO

It's called socializing, not hijacking.

Hm think you misread that ol buddy
    Token Drunk Aussie #1
  • BlackWolf21408
    Personally I'm glad they are doing this. It's obvious that they aren't some random fat guy laying on a couch saying "They'll be fine for another hour". They have to be doing something to help fix the issues with this game or it wouldn't take so long. Whether the extended time is due to a lot of issues or just the fact that they have a million lines of code to go through to find the issues, I couldn't care less. Though I will say it would be nice for them to say something along the lines of "This is what we are trying to fix, and we estimate we will be back online in so many hours" And for those complaining about server down times you are impatient and ungrateful, the beta was far worse and at that way more buggy + don't forget that this is still pre release and they have to roll out to PS4 and Xbox One as well (which for those that don't understand, requires they adapt to two other systems). I don't care what company you're from that's a big ask to get it right the first time. So good on you Zenimax and keep updating.
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭

what do you mean maybe? clearly they dont

A large yellow rectangle

• dcarpent72
    dcarpent72
    ✭✭
    I am just glad all my stuff in the bank didn't disappear like a bunch of people
  • evilhomer504b14_ESO
    2ly0jkm.jpg

ZOS has a crack team on the job
    The guy who grabbed the name Razum-dar first